NCIS

About Face

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 13, 2008 on CBS

• A Mysterious Killer Is After The Only One Who Can Recognize Him, Ducky's Assistant Jimmy Palmer.

We finally got an episode that was centered to Palmer, and it was fantastic. "About Face" was an excellent episode from start to finish. I have been a big fan of Jimmy Palmer since his first appereance and with this episode he doesn't miss a beat. The humor played a big part in this episode and I never stopped laughing. I must not forget the great cast of NCIS. Well written and well developed characters who all make a strong contribution to the show. Gibbs may be the leader of the team but everybody plays a key role in the search for their fellow team member's shooter throughout the episode. The best scene was the ending. Haha! I could not stop laughing. Perfect episode. Don't miss it! Definitely one of the show's bests to date in the series.
  • A Palmer-centered episode, where all but one character proved they are a great bunch of people...

I liked this episode a lot. It had it all, the scary and dangerous moments, the humorist moments, the great interaction between the actors, the "oh no" and "yes" moments. Everything I like about NCIS was right there. Abby was back to her normal, loving self and even received a Gibbs-kiss for it. McGee was acting mature, showing he has developed as a character. Ziva was herself again (fortunately) and Gibbs and Ducky were great. The scenes between Gibbs and Palmer were just the way I want to see them every week. The only one out of character here was Tony. I really didn't like his smart-ass way in this episode. Nagging McGee and Palmer, not really contributing anything to the case. No I was really disappointed about him. Maybe the writer of this episode doesn't like him very much. As for Leon, I just want Tom Morrow back. And last but not least, Jimmy. I liked him a lot. His struggle with himself (I'm no good) and the way he finally overcame his fears and just drove into the bad guy's car.... great. Made me laugh out loud!
  • A good episode, and we see more of Palmer!

I thought that this was an above average episode for NCIS, which isn't saying much, as most episodes are above average.

I thought that it was great that we got to see more of Palmer, as his character hasn't been explored in depth in the past, so I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect of the episode.

I thought that the case did get a little boring at one point, but overall, it was still highly enjoyable and extremely worthwhile.

I thought the ending was perfect, especially Palmer in the car, and they made that portion of the episode impeccable.

I would highly recommend this episode, although it isn't the most exciting. It is quite funny, and extremely enjoyable to watch. Great episode, NCIS!
  • Palmer's life is put in danger

This episode of NCIS opens with a body being discovered on a building site. NCIS are called in. When moving the body a passport is discovered. Jimmy sees a suspect and chases after him. The suspect pulls a gun on him and luckily he wasn't shot. Jimmy is called in by the Acting Director and is being asked questions about the man who he chased. Since he can't really remember anything useful, Abby puts him into a trans to get a sketch out of him. But unfortunately the sketch he provides them with his of the man who he gets his coffee from every morning. When the team go back to the crime scene they discover a drill, which was used by the victim. The team then discover a body hidden inside of one of the newly built walls. They get a confession from a man who killed Baxton, but it isn't the man who attacked Jimmy. The man they found in the wall is the real Baxtor. They track down the victim's brother and go to his place to arrest him. But he isn't there. Just then he turns up and spots Jimmy and sees the team inside his trailer home. We then see Jimmy stop him using is car. As he crashes into him, the other man pulls a gun on Jimmy again. Luckily the team show up just in time.
  • Jimmy Palmer's life is in danger when he is the only person who can identify the man who stole a key piece of evidence.

Good episode. I'm glad to be seeing more of Jimmy. His feelings of shame at not "manning up" and his ultimate redemption were wonderful. However, I would have liked to see another secret of Jimmy's revealed during the hypnosis sessions. Presumbably, he is still seeing agent Michelle Lee since in the episode In The Dark he spoke to her on the phone and had to search for her lost underwear. It would have been fun for that secret to be revealed, especially since Liza Lapira apparently isn't actually on the show anymore. If Jimmy has stopped seeing her, it would be good for that storyline to get some closure.
  • ok episode....

7.8
    We finally get to see a decent story line with Palmer. He struggles with fear and remembering and, in the end, he remembers and gets his run for glory. I didn't really like the story in general though. A guy is found dead at a construction site and someone tries to clean after him. Then some dead guy is found in stone and it happens to be who the other guy was pretending to be...complicated story line, but still not very interesting. There weren't many Tony/Ziva funny moments. Actually, there weren't many good funny moments at all. The director was getting annoying too; he had no important part in the episode...Overall, just not a very good episode and I'm getting really tired of the mediocre NCIS episodes that have been playing lately.
  • Palmer sees some action.

Rick Baxter is our non-existent victim is great twist. A lot a non-information to work with on who he isn't. The puzzle is who he is. Palmer going through questioning from the acting Assistant Director was worth giggles. Ducky states the obvious; the shooter knows Jimmy even if Jimmy doesn't know the shooter. Love how Ducky continued to watch over Jimmy right along with Gibbs. Gotta love Abby, she always sees the good in things and people. I loved the hypnosis session with Jimmy. I like how the focused on Jimmy feeling inferior due to not being able to identify the shooter and being shaken by being shot at and not being able to help. I loved the science Abby used to id the mummy in the concrete column who turns out to be the real Rick Baxter. His murder is the c l a s s I c motive of greed. Palmer has now learned what it's like being on the receiving end of Gibbs' temper. Ultimately Jimmy realizes that it's being in fear but it is what you do with that fear. I say this every episode but I love watching Gibbs with Abby.
  • It was a decent episode but I agree it wasn't related with the Military so that was a little confusing, but was a different change.

It would have been cool if they had said that there was an overflow or something and that they had to handle the case eventhough it was non military related, that would have at least explained it a little. This episode really focused on Palmer and that was kind of cool since he is such a secodary character usually. I was wondering were that Asian chick he was always doing in the was. I know she was an agent and moved but she has been in cameos for other epsiodes if they were still together you think something as big as this she would have been there for him. They did still have a well though out crime such as the body in the posts and the twists and turns that we come to expect from episodes of NCIS, that is what I liked about it.
  • Yes, well, the plot line was kind of okay in my opinion, but not something I would expect as the show nears the finale soon. Not an episode I would want to watch again.

7.6
    First of all, I thought the beginning of the episode was original, which was good, as I really think original is great before a season finale. It would throw everyone off. And the guy lying on top of the elevator, I imagine how the workers must have felt. I thought the crime scene was great, although I have no idea why the NCIS Agents left Ducky and Palmer up on the Crime Scene. Anyway, I didn't even realize that someone had taken the passport until Palmer was running after him and calling for the team to ask if they had taken it. I really thought Palmer had been hit with the shot when he jumped off the railing, because it looked as though he was in a lot of pain. I know Palmer isn't really my favorite character at all, but he acted like his normal self with the interrogation and hypnosis thing that the FBI Agent and Abby did to him. The whole time I was impatiently trying to find out who stole the passport when it ended up being a guy that seemed to have nothing to do with the murder at all. Other than that, though, I thought it was an okay episode, but I would have expected something better nearing the season finale.
  • The first killing has nothing to do with the navy so why do NCIS get involved. All it has to do with the navy is that it is an old navy building

overall it was good. hope the next one is better. the double episode will be intense with two different air dates. t was quite nice to see Palmer in a leading role. Did he ever spoke that much in any other episode or in any other whole season? There were some sweet moments like all the Abby/Palmer ones and the Gibbs/Palmer one in the autopsy. It was nice to see how the team supports Palmer in his way to find his mamory back. Like Abby and Tim and her hypnosis which didn't work that well. But hey now we know that Palmer really likes shoes ;) Totally loved how Ziva tried to show him some tricks. She's simply wonderful. The end was fantastic. Palmer in his car and how he crashed down the killer. So adorable this guy. BEst moments: Ziva and Timy playing Scrabble and Palmer's reaction after he spelled the name with the Scrabble-stones. What can I say more ... This episode was full of funny, dramatical and sweet moments
  • I'm still waiting for something to happen.

First of all: is it me that's stupid or did they completely ignore a reason for Gibbs' team to investigate the phony guy's death? He didn't belong to the navy, did he? Second of all, I'm waiting for the Tiva I've heard is going to take place but it's never, NEVER coming.. They have been teasing me with Ziva's behavior towards Tony but no, no progress at all. I thought for sure that they were going to come a little bit closer this episode but the closest they came to anything resembling that was when Tony "praised" Ziva for winning Scrabble.
    Only two episodes left, I'm not liking it.
  • Wow! A truly amazing episode!

Finally, a Palmer-centered episode! After years of being on the back burner of character development, it's refreshing to see Jimmy Palmer in the spotlight. When he gets shot at while at a crime scene, only he can identify the shooter. Unfortunately for him, he can't seem to remember anything about the person. He begins to feel horrible and considers himself a coward. "About Face" is filled with humorous and touching moments involving Palmer and the rest of the NCIS team. In one particularly touching scene, Palmer asks Gibbs advice on how to deal with fear. The episode is a definite must see, especially for fans of Jimmy Palmer.
  • While not my favorite story line, it brought back the missing Palmer. Now, who gets killed in the finale, is it Palmer, Zeva, Tony, Jenny or someone else. We know it will not be Tibbs.

I like the Palmer character and this one put him in uncomfortable circumstances. We all can watch and try to figure out what it must be like to get shot at. For a combat trained person it is more reaction to what you are trained to do and less thinking about what just happened. To all the rest of the people it is get out of the way of the bullet and hope for the best.
    The way that Palmer struggles with what happens is well done. It shows that the first things he remembered is the eyes and the big guns.
    I like that the whole crew was involved, this was a nice set up to the season finale.
  • Palmer is put in danger after he tries to chase a foreign guy on a crime scene.

I really liked this episode.
    It was quite nice to see Palmer in a leading role. Did he ever spoke that much in any other episode or in any other whole season? There were some sweet moments like all the Abby/Palmer ones and the Gibbs/Palmer one in the autopsy. It was nice to see how the team supports Palmer in his way to find his mamory back. Like Abby and Tim and her hypnosis which didn't work that well. But hey now we know that Palmer really likes shoes ;) Totally loved how Ziva tried to show him some tricks. She's simply wonderful. The end was fantastic. Palmer in his car and how he crashed down the killer. So adorable this guy. BEst moments: Ziva and Timy playing Scrabble and Palmer's reaction after he spelled the name with the Scrabble-stones. What can I say more ... This episode was full of funny, dramatical and sweet moments.
  • What the hell is a QI?

How does a normal person, someone who isn't trained at all deals with being shot?
    The whole episode tries to answer this question.
    Our favourite 'autopsy gremlin' is in danger, and no matter how hard he tries, he seems to not remember anything useful.
    slowly, his attempts to indetify the guy who shoot him end up well. Finally he has something to tell to his mom.
    Usually basing an entire episode on a recurring character would be considered madness; but again, the writers and the actors did a good job.
    After the seriousness of 'Recoil' we're finally back at the usual playful atmosphere; nice job with McGee, Ziva and Tony (even if I would have expected a line about the previous episode, and there's definitely no Tiva in this ep) but also a priceless interpretation by Abby.
    A Flaw? I payed much more attention at the jokes rather than the plot; but if you end up satisfied with a crime-show without paying attention at the plot then it must be damn good.