A NCIS Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS (Returning September 20, 2016)

Melrose Place alum Stephanie Jacobsen is joining the cast of NCIS as a "flirtatious" FBI agent who works with Tony on a case involving a terrorist threat against Navy researchers, TV.com has confirmed. 

Does this mean Tony's finally moving on from Ziva (Cote de Pablo)? Jacobsen will play Leia Pendergast, a former U.S. Marshal turned FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force leader who's "feminine, sexy and single, cool and confident," according to Entertainment Weekly, which first reported the news.

Based on that character description, it sounds like Tony will have a tough lady to tussle with during the investigation. With Tony's love life in limbo for much of Season 11 after Cote de Pablo's departure from the show, executive producer Gary Glasberg says fans should be prepared for him to get back into the dating game in Season 12.

"We'll absolutely move forward with ... Tony's personal life," Glasberg said in July at the Television Critics Association summer press. "It's going to happen early on. ... We'll introduce somebody and see how it works. ... [They meet] through work, through a case."

Though Jacobsen is currently only signed on for one episode, her character has the potential to recur.

How do you feel about Tony's possible new romantic interest?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/27/2016

Season 14 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 10/4/2016

Season 14 : Episode 3

51 Comments
Comments (51)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
She's not even pretty. Get Ziva back before the series goes down the drain.
Flag
Still hope for ziva... But I do like the ladies man tony who isn't into commitment
Flag
OMG - Get with it! What does it take to let CBS realize that the fans want ZIVA. The show is faltering; if it's not lack of Cote, then it's the writers. IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME AND NOT AS EXCITING. Lucy M.
Flag
First off, she looks too Latina for name like Stephanie Jacobsen or a character named Leia Pendergast. Second, she has too much collagen injected in her lips to hold my attention let alone Tony's. Let's move on.
Flag
I could nibble on those lips all day long.
Flag
I still can't believe GG went with this stupid idea when most fans said they didn't like it the first time he mentioned it! When is this dolt going to start listening to fans!? For those who think this is the wrong way to go, there are several ways to show this. The most important is to not watch the episode. You can also leave Feedback on CBS' Feedback page. Leave comments stating your dislike of this idea everywhere you can think of (especially NCIS' Facebook page. Also, there will be a Twitter trend about this when the episode airs this Tuesday. It's something like keepitinyourpantsdinozzo. If you want more information about this trend, it can be found on the Operation Bring Back Cote Facebook page.
Flag
I saw her stripping in Tampa a couple of years ago.
Flag
I invested 8 years in the Tony/Ziva relationship, and it ended in heartbreak for the characters. I'm not going to invest again. Either Ziva or no one at all for Tony.
Flag
Bring Ziva back!!
Flag
I wouldn't mind a new love for Tony, but ... 1) it's too soon, 2) first they should fix the Bishop-disaster (and some other things that aren't working anymore), 3) I can't imagine (at the moment) Jabobsen suits him (simply visual, I mean, it's not real life, it's a movie, and it should look good, I don't know how big she is, but I've noticed several times now that too small, too thin and too girlish women look ridiculous when standing next to Weatherly. Even though he lost a lot of weight lately, he's still a big and athletic man (and over 40)), 4) de Pablo looked very good at Weatherly's side, it's difficult to beat, 5) the role's discription indicates that they try to find a NEW ZIVA for him, not a new love. So it'll be probably just another bad REPLACEMENT (like Bishop), nothing new. If they want to do something new they need to get away from the Tiva-story completely. But then the conception of the role is the wrong choice.
Flag
Bishop is unfixable. They need to ditch her ASAP. It's insane that she is still on the show.
Flag
Well, that's what I meant with "fixing it" - get rid off her. ;)
Flag
Not going to make fans forget about Cote/Ziva. Does GG really believe if he keeps throwing actresses into the mix, one will stick!? EW, strike one. This one will be strike two! Give it up CBS. Either bring back Cote, or no one at all. And get rid of the talentless EW while you are at it!
Flag
Another disaster in the making! CBS is failing badly in the intelligence department !
Flag
Meet NCIS' newest failure would be a better title! Someone at CBS needs to get a brain, as they keep making one brainless move after another with this show!
Flag
More proof that TPTB at CBS are morons!
Flag
Fans don't want a replacement for Ziva at work or in Tony's personal life. Why does CBS keep on doing things fans hate?! It's almost as if CBS wants people to quit watching (those who haven't stopped already)!
Flag
More proof CBS doesn't care what fans want! Boneheaded move doomed for failure!
Flag
Another soon to be failure on NCIS! Sigh!
Flag
Dumb move, CBS! Ignoring fans again. Shame on you!
Flag
Another idiotic idea by CBS! When are they going to get it through their thick skulls that fans don't want to see Tony dating! First the Bishop failure, now this. Maybe it's time for a new show runner, as GG obviously can't cut it anymore!
Flag
And they think this female (that actually looks like a stripper) is going to change our minds about how horrible the writing has become and how horrible 'bishop' is - she doesn't fit in AND I doubt if this stripper will either.
Flag
The big problems is - They don't have to bring back Cote and they Don't need to try to get a 'Replacement' - Instead of this 'not very good' females they keep adding - they could just leave Gibb's Team ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Of course not!. They just think if they keep bringing in new actresses, fans will stop begging for them to rehire Cote (who left because of a contract dispute, not because she wanted out) and to fire EW. I've never even heard of this recent actress (which probably means she is as bad as EW). It would be nice if CBS actually listened to fans for once-they shot down this idea last season when GG first mentioned it. i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up the lowest rated episode of season 12 (as most of the episodes about Tony interested in a woman have historically had low ratings-last seasons Admiral's Daughter had the lowest rating of season 11)!
Flag
this is hysterical. They are bringing in an army of guest stars and new actresses, and they still haven't made a dent in filling the hole left by Cote.
Flag
And they never will. Cote is irreplaceable!
Flag
It's no longer NCIS its a cross between the love life of tony dinozzo and the wunderkind beautiful mind of super agent "mary sue" bishop.
Flag
Pretty girl, but she needs to stop trying so hard. I googled her, and she kind of looks like a stripper.
Flag
As much as I loved Ziva, and in extension, TIva, I realy think it's time for Dinozzo to have a mature and stable relationship.

But I don't want the season to revolve around the lovelife (or lack thereof) of Tony. It needs to focus on the cases... but if they incorporate the relationship like they did with McGee and Delilah (background, mentioned but not flaunted) i'm totally okay with it
Flag
lose the DiNozzo love stories. Don't care. I like him with Ziva, everything else is a waste. Bring back Delliah as the new agent.
Flag
AND get rid of bishop.
Flag
Would rather see something happen between Tony and Abby! Have always loved their chemistry.
Flag
if you like brothers and sisters having sex.
Flag
They aren't brother and sister. They actually were very flirtatious in JAG (where the NCIS characters were first introduced) and the first couple of seasons of NCIS.
Flag
Finally someone else who sees the potential of that couple : ) I loved them in JAG and was always wondering if they had an affair. What do you think - did he only took her out for dinner or was there going on more?
I still see some potential there because Abby never tried to change him but simply likes him as he is.
Flag
I think there was more than just dinner! They would be awesome together! I agree, she doesn't try to change him and they are so protective of each other.
Flag
so they get rid of Cote and bring in a lookalike
Flag
she's a lame carbon copy of Ziva.
Flag
No, Cote looked much better. this female looks like a stripper.
Flag
Very stupid idea. When are TPTB at CBS going to actually start LISTENING to fans?! Most fans do not want to see Tony dating anyone, even those who were not Tiva fans. I swear, it almost looks as if CBS WANTS NCIS to fail!
Flag
My wife and me are not ready for that. We are still rooting for Tiva. Joke appart no actresses brought to NCIS what Cote de Pablo gave to the show. That je ne sais quoi. Her acting was really good and she gave/ expressed so much with it.
The best end ever to the series( in a distant future) in the way JAG did it, we are rooting for a Tiva wedding
Flag
Dinozzo needs to lose some weight. He's packed on the pounds....she's hawt.
Flag
You haven't been paying attention. Michael Weatherly has lost 30 lbs, is training for a marathon, and looks great. So Tony is ready for action scenes (and I'm not talking about the love interest).
Flag
It's time for Tony to find someone. He's old enough now that when he flirts with girls it's kind of creepy.
Flag
he already found Ziva. I don't want to see another stupid love story. He needs to get promoted and get out of there.
Flag
why does he need to find someone, why can't he just stay the way he's been since the show started. why can't he just be a special agent solving crimes, why do we need to follow him around with a girlfriend? The show is NCIS not the dating life of tony dinozzo
Flag
Thank you. All the other characters have stayed single, so can he.
Flag
I totally disagree its the 21st century.
Flag
One would think Tony would try dating exclusively not at work after what he went through with Ziva. As for this character, I'll wait and see, they made Bishop not totally horrible and she seemed destined for the rubbish bin.
Flag
No, she is totally horrible.
Flag
So she'll be adversarial, but still be on the side of the protagonists? I mean, I've seen Jacobsen in two series, and that's her role! ;)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members