A NCIS Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS (Returning September 20, 2016)

Please put down your weapons and remember that I am only the messenger, okay? NCIS has found its new Ziva David—not that anyone could ever really replace Cote de Pablo's idiom-bungling, Tony-loving, ex-Mossad agent in our (and DiNozzo's) hearts, but you know what I mean.

Emily Wickersham—who is currently recurring on FX's The Bridge as Kate, Charlotte's bitchy step-daughter—has landed the role, according to TV Line. Her character, Bishop, is described as athletic, attractive, educated, focused, and analytically brilliant. It's just too bad she's so socially awkward—*record scratch* Why was that even in the character description? Why do casting directors think that every character must have a flaw like this? And why are beautiful women always saddled with the most ridiculous of flaws? They're either clumsy or socially awkward or something along those lines, and it's kind of old at this point. 

Man, that rant came out of nowhere, sorry. 

Anyway, Wickersham is currently booked for a three-episode arc, but her deal has a series regular option, which is what makes her a potential Ziva successor. Her first appearance is scheduled for November sweeps, which means there'll be a few weeks between Ziva's departure early in the season and Bishop's entrance. During that time, NCIS will be rotating people in and out, kind of like what Bones did with the interns.

Are you happy with this casting news? Or do you just want to grab Cote de Pablo and shake her until she agrees to stay?

thekaitling:list:what-do-you-think-of-emily-wickershams-casting/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/20/2016

Season 14 : Episode 1

Next Episode

AIRS ON 9/27/2016

Season 14 : Episode 2

152 Comments
Comments (152)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
after reading all these comments I really do feel sorry for the rest of the ncis team that have made the series what it was for the first 10 years,but know ,,,if this series was a live person the last 2 years he or she would have been on a life respirator and the doctors would have flicked the switch and ended the suffering,instead of letting the pain and suffering go on ,there is only 1 way to fix this problem,lets hope the producers come to their senses .please don't let this drag on.........and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and ...............................................and on
Flag
It's funny to read this article after she's been on the show two seasons. She started with such high hopes, then everything went downhill fast. She's a nothing, a complete dud of a character. They gave her makeover after makeover, and she still doesn't fit.
Flag
Bishop doesn't jive with the rest of the team, in my opinion. I didn't look at her as a Ziva replacement (because that would be very hard shoes to fill with the unique quality of Ziva), I looked at her as a new character and I don't like her lack of chemistry. I don't like the character, I don't like the acting, I just plain don't like Bishop. I am very sad as I have been a loyal fan since Season 1. I really hope they ditch the Bishop character, she is not a part of MY NCIS. Try a different route NCIS team, pleasssseeeeeee!!!!!
Flag
Also I am surprised that some people like her, all of my friends and family that watch the show hate Bishop's character! A couple close friends of ours have even stopped watching. I tried to like her, but I don't.
Flag
I feel like everyone deserves a chance. I was talking to my mom and she said that if the producers wanted another Ziva, they would have changed the actor but kept the character. I right away, without giving Bishop a chance, said that I didnt like her. I still dont but I have eased up on her a little. I want Ziva. I dont think ncis is the same without her. I am very upset and mad that she isnt on the show. But there really isnt anything i can do, so I just watch and wait. I watch still watch cuz of Tony and Gibbs and McGee. I am truly a fan. And I am ncisteam so I support ncis either way. But I do hope that ncis will continue for another 5 years ( hopefully) and Ziva will be back by Season 13 (if there is a season 13)
Flag
If you want to make your feelings known about what you no longer like about the show, you can leave feedback on the CBS Feedback page. Just type CBS feedback in your browser, use the drop box to choose the show you wish to comment on, fill in the info CBS asks for and leave your feedback.
Flag
Why was Wickersham hired? She has no discernible role to play. The other characters are clearly defined, but the only thing defining her character is black beetle eyebrows. Her sitting cross-legged on the desk, the floor, or anywhere else, doesn't do much for the character or the story. Ziva was a step up from Kate -- more facets to the character of Ziva -- but Ellie is a one-dimensional crash landing.
Flag
I totally agree with you. I think that Ellie is the wrong person for the show. She doesnt have the ncis rhythm. It's good to talk to soemone who understands. My co-workers think that Ellie is the best thing that happened to the show, but I am willing to give her one more chance. But i doubt she will make me and others like you happy about the show.
Flag
The loss of Ziva has made me loose all interrest in this series which really goes to show the talent of Cote De Pablo. Hopefully she might return sometime in the future till then there is other series to watch.

Big thanks to Cote De Pablo for her time with the show.
Flag
As a Brit, I watch NCIS when I can (there is ususlly a soccer match on at the same time) and I have only recently caught up with the new female agent. A very lovely actress no doubt but does NCIS really need another technical wizard who carries her IPAD around with her everywhere. The character of Ziva, a feisty, intriguing character will be missed and a blonde will not do, particularly one who has shown no willingness to be a real part of the team.
I would like to reserve judgement until I have seen more episodes but I already believe this to be a wrong choice by the producers.
Flag
No Cote, no NCIS!
Flag
Thats my wallpaper on my iphone. No cote, no ncis
Flag
Many fans feel this way. I refused to watch anything on CBS once I found out she left because CBS played hardball with her contract (interesting how her male counterparts got so much in their contracts while Cote wanted less and was denied). Plus there was the whole retaliation thing-never mentioning her character's name, pretending like she wasn't a significant part of the team, not having her photo on the seasons 1-10 DVD set cover, etc. I also left feedback on CBS' feedback page, but judging from the fact that TPTB refuse to even ask Cote to come back (if they had and she refused, CBS would have shouted it from the rooftop) and refuse to get rid of EW despite the fact that 85% of fans do not like her character and want her gone, I'm not even sure if CBS READS the feedback. CBS definitely does not appear to care about what fans want-at this point it's all about their ego, despite the damage they are doing to a once loved show!
Flag
From my personal point of view I do not think the character are driving me off the show. Something have changed in the way NCIS is written, directed, and produced. Farewell to Ducky's character as well as he as a great actor that I have been able to enjoy for some many decades. Please, try to return the flame to the great show I used to love so much...and many others too....
Flag
What has has happened to my favourite TV programme? I'm totally hooked! Or I was. Couldn't wait for season 11 (I'm in UK) thanks but no thanks. Big disappointment. Bishop is boring and trying to make her interesting sitting on floor with laptop hasn't worked either.....and most of all she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag!!! She's dull and uninteresting. What's the deal with the husband we never see? Who cares anyway. Ziva is much loved and needed to save the show. I channel hop for re runs when the show was at its best.
Flag
I don't like the Bishop character. That character is the worse possible person they could have chosen for the part...Why not pick someone like neat Nicky or Dornagett. They would have been fun and their present would have lessen the impact of losing Ziva. The cast is off and the story lines are luke-warm. What happen to my people. Tuesday/8pm was my time...now it's sad to watch.
Flag
Dornagett would have been good. They have lost the plot completely
Flag
Kate was and always be the orginal but Ziva was the one had it all and a drink to go with it. Now this female bishop NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY. She has a husband no-one has ever seen she has all this knowledge that only comes out a lil at a time and she is just TOOOOOO DINGY to be with this seasoned cast. Its like putting me in Zivas part and trust i could do better than bishop. THey should have asked someone like the female on castle or burn notice anybody else would have been better
Flag
I agree 100%! When will we see her husband? When will we know more about her!
Flag
Bishop is terrible. It's one thing to replace Ziva (and that's no easy task), but it's another to make her into this 'i can do everything' character as if she can keep up with everyone like she's always been there. What happened to a slow transition? The speed up to get her into everything is backfiring and making me hate the character more. She's too perfect. I rather have the rotating guest female character than Bishop. Why not bring Sali Richardson on as a regular? She's a wonderful actress and i think she'd be a better fit for the show.
Flag
I recently watched the DVD of season NCIS season nine and in the special portion the producers and writers and casting all talk about the fans and the how they are the reason the show is so popular and they even talk about commitment to the fans to keep giving them character that work well within the group and add something to the group without destroying the dynamics. So perhaps TPTB need to review the Nine is Fine DVD and return to what they promised
Flag
Bishop needs to go asap. CBS needs to realize the character has failed. They also need to realize their stupidity in not agreeing to a year contract for Cote. The show just plain sucks without her and the Bishop character makes the show unwatchable!
Flag
NCIS needs to get its cast's chemistry back! Get rid of Bishop! Her character is unbelievable and really needs to go.
Flag
I really like Bishop.I like change. The show had become stale. I was so fed up with the whole will they won't they Ziva/Tony thing. Bishop is obsessive, analytical, interesting, autonomous,layered and a good addition to the team...not a "dumb blonde" I just hope she doesn't end up being another love interest for Tony. At the moment I don't get that vibe so it's thumbs up from me...obviously in the minority....
Flag
Bishop is nothing like Ziva. Dumb blonde , no gun, attitude, think the public should vote on getting bishop out and if possible get Ziva back or someone like her. Not a flakey blonde.
Flag
I like her alot she needs to stay. All the haters in here PLEASE GROW UP.
Flag
Bishop needs to go. I watched and watched the show and haven't done so lately. Tony, Tim and Gibbs went to the Middle East to rescue Ziva and she needs rescued again. Ziva is one of a kind and well Bishop "you can not be a new Ziva. Maybe Bishop you can move to NCIS Los Angeles. You could not possibly kick butt like Ziva did. I don't watch NCIS Los Angles. Now the show producers needs to get the act together and move you and rescue Ziva
Flag
Bishop might be alright if she would slow down with her speech just enough that one could understand what she is saying, Granted, she is no Ziva but take what you can get. Just SLOW down. I'd like to know what she is saying.
Flag
Sorry to say that Bishop is ruining NCIS. She's taken eveyones job, might as well do away with the whole cast and rebrand the show 'Bishop.' Surprised that the Producers made such a poor choice. I don't mean to say bring back Ziva, as the actress wants to move on, but the show will suffer if they keep Bishop :-(
Flag
Bishop needs to go. Ever since her arrival, the other characters have been acting like pod people. Bishop just sucks the life out of the show. CBS made a big mistake letting Cote go and another by hiring a mediocre actress to play a very poorly designed character. Wake up, CBS-ratings don't mean anything. NCIS without Ziva has become a shell of it's former self. Many viewers have stopped watching and I won't be surprised if this is it's last season if CBS doesn't start listening to actual viewers and not rely on ratings that are only an estimate of viewers based on the viewing habits of a small group of monitored people (as stated on Nielson's own website)! Ditch Luna Lovegood and get Cote back (after she's done with her movie role)!
Flag
not keen on the new girl at all .... for someone who is supposed to be so SMART...she has quite a VACANT LOOK on her face all the time. And if she doesn't know something- like about DEAD BODIES - no worries - she'll read a book on the weekend and know more than Ducky by Monday - NOPE not a fit for this Team at all !!
Flag
Not really caring for Bishop so far. She seems to shine too brightly and distracts from the other characters.
Flag
I loved Kate from the get-go and was upset to see her killed off (yes, I know it was Alexander's idea to leave, but still). It took me a good half a season to warm to Ziva -- at that point, I would have preferred that either Paula Cassidy or Cassie Yates had been added to the team. But she grew on me, and I came to enjoy the character.

Bishop? I'm willing to give her some time, but to be honest, her first three episodes haven't impressed me. The writing and characterization for the character really need to improve. Let's face it -- if the character of Ellie Bishop had originated in a fan story, people would be railing that she's a Mary Sue. She's a quirky genius, always has the answers, and everyone instantly loves her/is in awe of her? Come on, NCIS -- you're better than this.
Flag
I thought NCIS WAS better than that. Not so. Bishop is boring and all wrong for this show !!!! Sorry to say.
Flag
I miss Ziva... As I miss Kate!! But the casting as nothing to do with me and nothing to do with us. That's their show they are free to do as they please. As we are free to leave!!
But I won't, I found the last 3 episodes very funny (particularly the one with Fornel) and I think I could like Bishop. For the moment I'm not 100% on, She need to be more mature, more a team player and yes sometime I thought "What is she doing, is she stupid?" but she's new and certainly not stupid, just a little awkward (and married). I think she could be good with a little time and patience
But of course she's not Ziva. But Ziva was not Kate and I found Kate great as a lot of people but we didn't stop watching NCIS, did we? Bishop is different but I think that's the point to introduce somebody new and different. As Ziva was different of Kate. I don't know if Bishop will be coming back but I'm not against it. I would have prefer that Ziva stayed but she or the show decided otherwise so we have to deal with that and Gibb's team cannot stay like that with one missing so we need a new one. Bishop or another anyway people will say that the new one is not Ziva. I'm ok to let a chance to Bishop.
By the way @Kaitlin Thomas said Bishop was part of a three episode arc so I waited for the three of them to be aired before watching them all together but I didn't see any connection with the last 3 episodes... Except Bishop of course. Did I missed something?
More+
Flag
They need a older girl she looks like she just came out of high school and she can solve all these problems , nope doesn't feel true. She is to young .Not believe able at all. Sorry Just NOT A GOOD FIT
Flag
Come on, guys! Why being so judgmental?? I loved Ziva too, and before that I also loved Kate, but they decided to leave the show, so is everybody supposed to actually keep on waiting til CDP decide to come back?
Is the team going to be one member short forever.?!
I agree that they try adding someone up. Why not give Bishop a chance?
Flag
Maybe because Cote didn't really want to leave. TPTB played hardball regarding the length of her contract, requiring a longer contract than any of her costars. If she had really wanted to leave, she wouldn't have been in contract negotiations at all. Plus, the new girl is terrible. She reminds me of Rachel Nichols, whose acting and character made CM painful to watch. TPTB would have been better served if they did what they promised and kept Ziva's position open with temporary fill ins instead of making stiff Barbie a regular. What were they thinking?!
Flag
Ok, you clearly know details about Ziva's contract that I wasn't aware of. So I accept your position. I am not "pro-Bishop", I only am not against changes in series cast, when they need to fill someone's absence, if there is no other chance, which is clearly not this case.
Thank you for the way you gave your opinion =).

Flag
I just find that Bishop JUST DOES NOT FIT in with the Team AT ALL..WHOEVER WROTE her as a baby genius - not the way to get fans to love her I think - she seems a bit obnoxious in her 'smarts; just in my opinion I think....I miss Ziva....
Flag
Instantly fell in love with Hermione 2.0 And I refuse to compare her to Ziva. Because Ziva was Ziva and Bishop is... well, a new character.
Flag
I'm done. Stopped watching half way through the last episode (11-26-13) and stopped DVRing. Was recording for my sister, she watched the first few episodes this season and told me not to bother recording anymore. So TPTB you have lost two series long viewers. Goodby.
Flag
I do agree with you prehlander - not worth watching or recording. I has certainly lost it's 'pah'. I AM stunned THAT so many fans are still watching...habit ??
Flag
New character is about as interesting as a Barbie doll! Who on Earth decided this actress and her character was so great that they signed her on as a regular without seeing how fans felt about her?! The character is redundant and her quirks just make her less likable! And she definitely DOESN'T fit in. So much for GG's promise not to replace Ziva. Then again, he also lied about how many episodes CDP would be in (he said several, which is 2 or 3 but she was only in ONE for a whopping 15 minutes). Get rid of Barbie and bring back the ninja!
Flag
New character sucks! Reminds me of the horrible Rachel Nichols character on Criminal Minds. And the way she was forced down our throats. Ugh! Her character has no skills that the other team members don't already possess and the way she just took over was so much like EJ Barrett it was disgusting. Why bother with the team when you have Bishop?! Bad call, CBS. Perhaps you should have spent less time and money on creating this character and the unneeded spin off and more time attempting to keep CDP (who, IMO, was a much better actress than Emily what's her face and was a much better fit)!
Flag
oh how true!!!!!!!!!
Flag
I love watching this show it is one of my most favorite I watch this more than anything on T.V and I hope you all keep this going with Gibbs and even with Hetty I'm disabled but please never take this show off thank you susan carman your number one fan
Flag
I like Bishop too she fits well in. But no one can replace ziva (cote de pablo)
Flag
I like the Bishop character.. I think she is fresh and someone that we haven't actually seen on the show before. I can't believe people are comparing her to Samantha Ryan - who was a completely awful character. I thought Bishop played off really well against the other cast and look forward to seeing what comes next.
Flag
New character sucks! What were TPTB thinking, making her a regular without knowing if the fans would like her!? TPTB need to rethink their position and get rid of Emily whats's her face and beg Cote to come back. The show was already going downhill after Cote left and this character is making it worse. This is the last straw for me. It was bad enough how TPTB treated Cote, but to force this horrible character down our throats to replace her character is a travesty. NCIS has jumped the shark. You blew it big time CBS. I will no longer watch NCIS unless Cote comes back!
Flag
Bishop's mannerisms really reminded me of myself - first time ever on tv, that's what really sold it for me! :) I think we should give her a chance, no-one was happy when Kate died and was replaced, but we all ended up loving Ziva.
Flag
What I don't get is how many people say they don't like NCIS anymore, but still continue to watch. Are people that desperate to watch tv that they'll watch anything?! Or is it just misguided loyalty. To continue watching a show that you are no longer happy with due to how the show is being run (not trying hard enough to keep a popular actor/actress, poor story lines, creating unlikeable characters, etc.) is just plain stupid. The only way TPTB listen to fans is when fans stop watching, since that costs them money. So as long as you keep watching, they don't care what you think and NCIS will continue to go downhill. The new character is horrible, plain and simple. Unless TPTB bring back Cote and treat her fairly (like not trying to force her to sign a longer contract than her costars) I will no longer watch NCIS or any other CBS program for that matter!
Flag
I only watch one show (NCIS) on CBS.....and will drop it in season 12, if they keep the Bishop character....Season 11 is painful to watch.
Flag
What is wrong with TPTB at NCIS!? First, they keep allowing GG to write scripts, which he has proven a zillion times that he is bad at. Then they basically force Cote to quit by refusing anything shorter than a three year contract (as far as I know, everyone else has signed 2 yr contracts-why should Cote's be any different). Then they allow the horrible so called two part good bye to Ziva episodes that were actually more like a 15 minute one parter (not only was the reason for Ziva's departure not believable, but Cote's actual screen time was so minute why on Earth did GG think we'd be happy with it). Then they have the team members act as if Ziva never existed. And the final nail was adding an unbelievable, unnecessary character that was more annoying than anything else. Almost as bad as Samantha Ryan. Are they trying to sink NCIS, because they are certainly doing a good job of it!
Flag
New character sucks! As usual, GG's enthusiasm for a character he created far outweighs how bad the character is. It was just like JLC's character- annoying, unrealistic and completely unnecessary. At least JLC's character was only reoccurring. Unfortunately, TPTB in their ultimate wisdom chose to make this horrible character full time. Ugh! WTF shouldn't have been the name of the first episode this season, it should be the name of season 11 in general.
Flag
It took 30 min to sum up NCIS. They have hit rock bottom. Time to move on. SO LONG NCIS no more for me. Who picked the replacement for Zive? Who ever they are they reall did a snow job on the exec's.
Flag
As good a character Ziva was, De Pablo couldn't match up to the chemistry Sasha Alexander had with the rest of the cast.
I liked Bishop. Sure, the whole NSA thing seems a bit ... 'MURICAH, but we'll see how she develops in her next episodes.
Flag
Bad choice. Couldn't they have found someone who wasn't a "flake"? My vote goes to Abigail Bourin, if her going to NCIS wouldn't be a demotion.
Flag
She's a senior agent with her own team at CGIS, so leaving it to join NCIS as a junior agent under Gibbs would indeed be a demotion.
Flag
I agree - I would NOT want Gibbs grunting at me and smacking me on the head ....Borin is GREAT as her own boss !!!!!
Flag
TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, utterly stupid character choice. I barely would comment about a TV show but damn this just wrecks the franchise. And the way it was scripted was downright childish and amateur.
Is this supposed to be some Transformers rip off?? You know the blonde NSA girl that debugs ALIEN Technology.
Jeez you replace a character that's basically the female Jason Bourne with this?????????
Plus you've already had the CGIS agent as part of the series, they offer her a position, seems like a plausible transition, NOW the series resorts to this??
They've already tried to develop some sort of qwerky intelligence kind of angle, so what's next Abbie's job is in jeopardy?
Flag
Character sounds too much like Prentiss's replacement on Criminal Minds. And most fans hate that character. They were hoping that that character was the one to be killed by the serial killer, not the head of the profiler team! NCIS is sinking without Cote (I think the supposed great ratings are bogus-everyone I know stopped watching after the third episode this season because they said it just wasn't the same without the character of Ziva)! TPTB should concentrate on getting her back, since she didn't really want to leave in the first place!
Flag
I don' think it matters any more who they get to sit behind the third desk. From what I have seen of this years episodes the writers are tapped out and the cast is tired. Each episode has had a feeling of struggling to keep it together. There is very little meat to the stories thus far. I really think it is time to put this show out to pasture.
Flag
I know I said that I would not watch the show if someone replaced Kate, but she was only on there for the first two seasons. I have grown to love Ziva for nearly a decade now. It is terrible to see the character depart the show. I don't think that I could take CBS replacing Ziva with another character. That being said, I have seen it done on other shows. I just hope that if they do introduce a new female character, that it would not become a love interest for Tony. I cannot handle that yet!
Flag
@morbius Oct 31, 2013:

Yes I noticed and was very, very, very glad she turned it down.
I would absolutely hate it if Special Agent Abigail Borin would join NCIS. I a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y dislike that character -hate would be juuuuust a tad too much and dislike is a bit too little, I specially dislike her chemistry (or lack of it) with Tony, and would no loger feel inclined to watch the show.
It's already a very bad news te find out that Ziva is and probably will be no longer. Stupid to let her go, but just for some dough???? Gimme a break Cote, if that is the case.
Well, no biggie, this very well could be the last season for NCIS, replacing Ziva and giving a raise to network excecutives? What is Fox thinking!

What about Chyler Leigh, she played Lexie Grey and could pull off being a tough, dedicated and a briliant asset...
Flag
Did anyone make note of Gibbs' asking Diane Neal, CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin at the end of the last episode about changing careers? i wonder if this is a 'just in case' if Emily Wickersham doesn't test well. I would prefer Neal over anyone else and have always looked forward to her appearances. My second choice is a bit of a stretch but it would be the Treasury agent in the flawed money episode which was solved with the recon tape taken the day Osama bin Laudin was killed. Not for DeNozo but for Gibbs. A bit of a stretch there but it could be interesting.
Flag
Interesting indeed. I'd also prefer Casey Novak Agent Borin, but isn't she Gibbs' equivalent in GCIS? And if so, would she rank above both DiNozzo and McGee?
Flag
I would like to see Diane Neal, CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin join the NCIS team. I was never so glad to see Ziva go and the writers have to stop the whole mourning process. At least Ziva didn't die so they can not resurrect her the way the keep doing with Mike Franks. Enough all ready. People die and employees leave their jobs. The whole world does not stop or mope around when it happens. Borin should join the team, let Ziva fade into oblivion and for GOD SAKES let Franks stay DEAD.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members