NCIS

Dead and Unburied

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 17, 2006 on CBS

• Not the NCIS office's quietest day - catfight in the bullpen; and Jimmy & Lee apparently having sex in every room in the building.

The mustache is gone! Thank all that's holy! As McGee said – the old Gibbs is back. He doesn't even talk now, just glares.

It's good to see that Ducky's psychology degree paid off – 'a complete loon'? He's upset with Gibbs though – he doesn't tell the stories, just reports. Interrupting Gibbs during an interview was suicidal! The final fight was great!

Maybe we should worry about Tony and McGee, since they're doing romantic things together like watching sunrises together and McGee strokes Tony's back… "He had me at 'Howdy'."

McGee is spending way too much time with Tony! Instead of stopping the cat fight, he videos it! The fiancés are hilarious and pretty pathetic. Jody trying to 'rabbit' from Tony and Ziva was great – she was just late!

Jimmy is having an affair with Lee?! In the autopsy lab?!

The one part of the story that is kinda farfetched is a bag of gold hanging from the ceiling – that much gold? Shouldn't it be too heavy for a cloth bag, not to mention how easily Ziva held the bag?
  • Intense storyline!

I really enjoyed this one because it was written exceptionally well. The episode is really interesting and has a very fascinating storline, with a man murdered who is found to have two fiancees, with more soon to be uncovered!

I thought the plot to it was sensational, but overall, this was also good because it had quite a bit of good comedy, which was not as evident in the first few episodes of the season.

Also, the case is thoroughly interesting, and I could not believe the outcome of the case at the end!

I absolutely loved the ending as well, which is perhaps the best ending to an episode, ever!

I highly recommend this one, which is exceptionally interesting and funny! I hope there is more like this one to come! Great job by NCIS!
  • When you go to view a house, you dont expect to see a dead body in the living room

This episode opens with a couple going to view a house. As they enter the living room they discover a dead body sitting in one of the chairs. The victims is Officer James Finn, he has been missing for 6 months. The NCIS team investigate and McGee discovers that the body was buried in the woods behind the house, dug up and placed in the living room the night before it was found.
    During the autopsy, Ducky confirms who the body belonged too. His girlfriend/Fiancé is called into NCIS and tells the team that James is in Iraq and has been writing to him. There is also another woman there claiming that she and James were a couple. One of the women believes that he is a special ops agent and both of them gave him money. When Gibbs contacts the men in the same unit out in Iraq and learn that James paid on of his friends to post letters back every few weeks since they arrived. When McGee goes to Rebecca's house (the red-haired fiancée), he finds her sleeping on her sofa bleeding after being shot. McGee searches her house after she is taken to hospital and finds a gun. The team believe that she shot herself. Jimmy goes back to the morgue to work on, Ducky leaves and the probie goes in to get a copy of a file. When she enters, her and jimmy start kissing and then head onto the floor. Gibbs searches the house that he was found in and discovers what looks like blood under the floor and so a sample is taken. Ziva & McGee head to his storage unit, and investigate. They find a bag hanging from the ceiling and the rest of the room is empty as they open it they find a bag full of gold coins.
    Through bone marrow DNA run against the DNA found in the underpants of the murdered man. Tony &Ziva take her to NCIS. She claims that she didn't kill, and that he simply hit his head. He asked to borrow money from her and she said no. Ducky gets the Husband to confess to burying him after he was dead. But Ducky informs him that the blunt force trauma to the head didn't kill him the fact that he was burying whilst still alive did.
  • McGee Tv.

The case of the two financees. The victim has two financees each who though her potential mate was serving in Iraq while he was actually dead. My favorites parts of the episode involved the humour surrounding the two financees meeting each other for the first time. They start to fight over their dead financee. Gibbs is forced to break up the fight in the bullpen while Tony and McGee look on. Actually McGee records the whole thing.

McGee later shows the whole thing to Abby that he recorded on his new cell phone. Gibbs ofcourse shows up while they are watching it for the second time. Very funny.

Interstingly a big deal is made out of McGee's new cell phone. Perhaps leading to a potential storyline.
  • great episode

A Lance Corporal who is supposed to be serving a tour of duty in iraq turned up dead in a house that's about to be sold. The team investigates what happened to the corporal, they find out that the body was buried and exhumed. It turns out that the dead corporal had a secret polygamous relationship with a number of women. The ncis team figure out who the murderer is, but nothing turns up on radar. the mystery even deepens when they find out that the dead marine is tricks women into giving him money. it's an interesting case. it's fun watching the team figure out what's going on, it's a good episode.
  • A lance corporal turns up dead in a new house, with numerous fiancees!

After the emotional intensity of the first couple of episodes of this season, it was good to have a good session of laughing at the same time as we followed the mystery of the amorous dead corporal.Gibbs is back to his endearingly curmudgeon tendencies,although as another reviewer has noted, Abby's speculation on her boss's underwear preferences had me howling with laughter. Just a great romp, one of the funnier and lighthearted episodes ever.
  • this is another great episode to watch i can't wait for the next one

This episode was just aired here last night and i didn’t miss it. The part where McGee and Dinozzo both bumped in to jimmy, I found that was funny and the way McGee was so in love with his new phone it just like Dinozzo when he meets a pretty girl. In this episode there was more humour in it but made sure the actors were all still professional at there job and solve the crime. It’s great to see Gibbs is almost back to the person he was. This is why im going to give it another high score
  • Great episode!:D

I liked Tony in this episode . I think he is more comfortable in this current role than he was a team leader. I know many feel it was a step back for him, but he seemed happy and totally at peace with the decision in this ep.What is it with everyone bumping into to somebody ? McGee apologizing for taking a breath was very cute!Loved Abby's speculation of Gibbs underwear, I just love their scenes together.
  • Great to see the old Gibbs back, some humour back and the moustache GOOOONE!

It\'s great to see the old Gibbs back... sort of. He\'s almost there. NCIS without its lead just isn\'t, well... NCIS.

Also good to see a few more jokes written in. They\'ve been lacking in the last few episodes (understandably), but the \"chick fight\", the Brokeback Mountain sunrise, Tony and Mcgee without their shirts... it was fantastic to be able to sit down and laugh again.

And, did anyone else notice the whole \'Tony leaning over Ziva at the desk thing\'? Just a thought... I\'m still egging to know what was going on at her house for the last couple of months...
  • Another good episode, especially since the old Gibbs seemed to be back in fine form, just the way we like it.

I do however have a couple of complaints, though I maybe nitpicking. First, the killed was kind of telegraphed, or at least the fact that the husband was involved, just because the character was introduced very early and then disappeared until the end. And, it also seems that there was some tension between Ducky and Gibbs, though during the episode it seemed like everything was close to fine. But, I might be missing that boat, overall the mix of humor and detective work was spot on. And there was as always a bit of that sexual tension between Ziva and Tony that makes it a great will they or wont they plot. Though I have to say, the whole kissing scene between the CSI accountant and the Assistant coroner was a waste of time. But who cares, its mindless, yet excellent TV.
  • THUD. *grinning like an idiot*

yikes! how can anyone not like this episode?! it was flippin brilliant. a million thanks to DPB and his brilliant-ness, giving the audience exactly what they want. (wink) i mean.. both in the same episode? he's trying to kill us all. :) the jimmy/lee scene was flippin hilarious. ("i'm sure mr palmer will give you everything you need") and the last bit with the glasses. the chick fight scene was absolutely hilarious! especially when mcgee starts filming it!! like how out of character can you get really? but was heaps funny.. especially with abby ("guess whats now playing on mcgee tv?", "this is my favourite part") LOL kudos man. the only part (coming from a die-hard tate shipper) i didnt really like was the EXTREME closeness of tony n ziva (tony typin the question). other wise brilliant. absolutely one of the BEST!
  • Great ep!! A man is found in a house that is on the market- well a dead man was found!

A dead guy is found in a house that is on the market. He has been buried and then unburied and set in the chair of the den. This guy had 2 fiances, both of which come to NCIS to talk to them. This leads to a, as Tony calls it, "Chick Fight!" McGee's new cell phone is a part of this episode too! :P This episode made me laugh soo many times!! Great!
  • *cheers* No more \'stache! No more \'stache! FINALLY.

WHAT an episode. Palmer and Lee (which, I might add, was absolutely HYSTERICAL), Gibbs and his lack of facial hair, more tension between Ducky and Gibbs, a chick fight, Tony and McGee shirtless... this episode had it all. Season four truly is the "Season of Secrets," as David Bellasario warned; watchers are trying to come to terms with Ducky and Gibbs' new enimity, Tony's secret mission and secret girlfriend... and what's up with the Director? Secrets abound. This episode was one of my favorites for the season... plenty of humor, plot, amd not to mention a WHOLE bunch of surprises.
  • mysterious case flirting funny exactly why I watch the show!

This was a great episode all around! even though the whole palmer and agetn lee thing was kind of disturbing. It was a great episode tons of flirting from every couple imaginable, escpecially from Tony and Ziva. There was even lots of Gibs jenny which I was very pleased about. And I would If I could but can\'t find anything bellow great with this episode
  • Gibbs shaves off his mustache! Yipes!

Like one reviewer has said, I love this show as it is the best episode yet. As a lance corporal is found dead in his house while his body is exhumed. The team tries to find his real and true identity while also trying to make light jokes during tough times. Gibbs shaves his mustache! Yipes! But seriously glad that he did as I like him without it!
  • My favorite episode of the season, so far...

Wow! This episode was hilarious! There were so many things I like about it...
    The moustache is gone! Wahoo! We get to see all of Mark Harmon's handsome face! And Gibbs is back to his pre-retirement self! Loved all the Gibbs moments...
    Loved the exchanges between Tony and Ziva. I think they are matched really well in their wits and sense of humor. And Tony with his shirt off...whoo...just wish they would have shown more of him than poor McGee.
    I'm loving the development of McGee this season. He's much more confident and less willing to put up with Tony dumping on him.
    Lots of Ducky is this episode. One thing I'm still not happy with is the apparent rift between him and Gibbs. They're so formal and cold to each other.
    Abby asking Gibbs about his underwear preference... hilarious!!!
    But... my all-time favorite moment of the show- Palmer going at it with Agent Lee on the autopsy room floor! Go Palmer! And, wow, he's ripped!

Favorite lines: Ducky: Personally, I prefer a good shag. (Palmer gives him a grinning look) From a criminal investigative standpoint.

Ziva: It was an interview, not an interrogation, and excuse me if my brain didn’t go to the sex place.
    Tony: Mine would.
    Ziva: I’m sure that’s why you have a leg up on other investigators.
    Tony: See? You say “leg up”—I instantly went to the sex place.
  • The team must solve the mystery of a corpse in a house that is for sale. It is just lying in a chair. The real twist...he had 3 fiances.

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes. I thought that they could have done a better job of finishing the plots that they started.

It didn't have the normal NCIS attitude around it. They came up with a ton of clues, but they didn't really show how they fit together. My biggest disappointment was that they never revealed why he had all the gold. Why did he want the gold? What was he going to do with the gold? It was confusing. I did like all the laughs in it though.

It was a funny episode. There were many points of humor in this episode. Gibbs finally shaved his mustache off...he didn't look good with it on. All-in-all, this wasn't one of the best episodes I have seen. Don't get me wrong, I still liked it...it just wasn't one of my favorites.
  • A lost and found marine, a lot of soul mates, borrowed money and hidden gold. This episode had everything, except a moustache.

I thought this was a great episode. It had the drama, intensity and humor that I have come to expect from NCIS. Things seem to be settling down from the disruption that Gibbs' "retirement" caused. We got a few more clues as to Tony's "Le Gran Oui" undercover assignment, which makes me very anxious to get to the episode that will let us all in on what is going on. The level of humor got taken up a notch in this episode, particularly when Tony and Tim had their shirts off and Ziva commented, "It's like Chippendale's, without the bow ties or muscles". All in all an episode that will keep me watching NCIS for years to come.
  • HAHA!! Can\'t stop laughing!

Wow, this episode was seriously out there. Two fiancees (well at the end we find out it\'s three) and a lover. Somebody liked to have a variety at a time. They really spiked up the comedy in this episode. Especially with McGee borrowing a shirt from Tony. Now that I\'ve seen it, McGee doesn\'t look all that bad, well, aside from that horrid farmer\'s tan (which I can do better!!). They got rid of Gibbs\' WORM!!

I was so happy when I saw he didn\'t have that dang thing on his upper lip. It really didn\'t look like the Gibbs I know. HELLO, sex in the morgue! When Palmer and Lee were just looking at each other, I was thinking, hold on what\'s going on here? Then all of a sudden they\'re running at each other and BAM they start making out and strippin\' down to their skinnies. You know, I\'m not really surprised, because when you think about it, Lee replaced Gibbs for like a few months and Palmer replaced Gerald. They\'re liek the outsiders because Ducky doesn\'t jest the same way he did with Gerald and Lee, well, just doesn\'t fit in with the rest of them. I guess I should add Ziva to that list, but I can\'t because I only recently bought season 1 and started watching season 3 near the end.