NCIS

Devil's Trifecta

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Dec 11, 2012 on CBS

• WTF is a 'trifecta'?

1.5
    Did u guys watch the same ep as me?

Came back to this as I was bored. I ditched the prog after the previous ep.

Smug, badly written dross.

BTW Only watched the first 15 minutes, had to turn it off.
  • Fornell AND Gibbs

i loved fornell and gibbs working together, they do very well, diane on the other hand was to flirty, pushy that part i didn't like
  • Come on Mcgee

This was a really good episode. Not too much on the action side which was a downer but pretty good storyline. Was half expecting Victor to be the mastermind. Mcgee should have grown a pair though. He can be tough, he should have messed with Fornell more.
  • He ruined my favourite jacket! I'd have shot my own mother for that!

After all the terrorist and high octane cases, NCIS brings us all back to Earth with a superb, funny episode in which McGee is embarrased, Gibbs and Fornell are flummoxed and an ex-wife takes both of them to the edge of despair !

Starting off in quite serious mode with an attempted shooting of Fornell, the episode quickly found it's way to near farce when Gibbs/Fornel's ex-wife showed up.

IMHO, this is a threesome that should definitely be resurrected at some later stage as there are just too many laughs available with the trio.

Poor McGee, being dumped with Diane who, while portraying an "Uber bitch", really only wanted a hug (step up Donkey from the Shrek series) and the look on his face when he finally gave in was magic.

Almost as good as the looks on Gibbs and Fornel's faces when they found him playing "back spoon" to Diane's "front". As a previous reviewer said, Fornell had pretty much ALL the throwaway lines and delivered them perfectly. However, I'd still like to know how Gibbs got into McGee's apartment to find them as the door "should" have been locked.

Actually, that's a lie, I couldn't care less about it, the laugh was too good!

McGee's torment was relentless after the rumour mill gave the two spoons away, even Ducky getting in on the act. However, I'm surprised Abby didn't have MUCH more to say to Timmy about it (cue the green ayed monster).

The case was very secondary to the humour in this episode and was solved in NCIS' usual competant manner but I'll remember this episode for a long time and re-watch it when I need a good laugh.

While the cases are always entertaining, once in a while, more of the same please!!
  • Best NCIS eps in 10 years

With all the drama, dead people, science and toys in the series I would have to say that this episode and the roles played by Gibbs, Fornel and their ex-Wife was just so funny!

Wish there where more episodes like this one!
  • Funniest drama episode in a long time (aside from Revolution, of course)

I honestly never thought this show had an episode like this left in its life. The last few seasons, even, I've been only watching because it was great once and I needed something to do on Wednesdays. This episode however, reminded me of the great NCIS times. It was funny, thrilling, pure NCIS. If the writers are gonna pack more episodes like this I might actually look forward to watching this show again!
  • Finally! A great episode

I had just about given up on NCIS and found myself changing the station halfway through recent episodes. This is the first episode I have seen in the past 2 or 3 seasons that I really enjoyed. Abby wasn't acting like a little girl, Tony was was the perfect combination of serious and funny without being downright silly and the Gibbs/Fornell dynamic is always great!
  • Great episode very funny

A thoroughly enjoyable episode with the interaction between all the characters. Witty dialogue and situations. Poor McGee, found in a ' compromising' position which led to a lot of ribbing. Always enjoy Gibbs and Fornell getting together but add their ex into the mixture and well, what a situation.

I never expected to laugh at an NCIS episode.
  • Thoroughly enjoyable episode !

This episode was fantastic, watching 3 of the main characters twitch as they met " Diane Stirling", Gibbs and Fornell's ex wife and then the both of them finding "Chucky" aka McGee curled up on the sofa with her !! Very funny.
  • Brilliant!

This episode is definitely labelled correctly. 'Devil's Trifecta' indeed - add McGee and you've got almost a quartet!

There were some really hilarious scenes with Diane, but in addition we had a great cas e was interesting to follow and interesting to wtch.

I thought the storylines were really good and Diane is an interesting character for sure! Looking forward to more greatness next week!
  • Morals and a Wedding

i feel gibbs trait was to listen more, meaning not talk as much and observe more, i do that. actually im alot like gibbs, so as his character grows to become a better person, i find myself doing the same. I've found that observing more and talking less can help you in a situations and analyze waht is really going on. This show is awesome and really makes you think about life and what morals we should live by in our lives. ok im going to stop now. This cast and show is the first living thing on earth that i have found that actually is deep and has great morals, other shows are on the surface, shallow, have no point, or are just pointless. this show has a meaning behind it and every episode has morals, that we can all live by to make the world more tolerable nad livable for us and others. it was great, loved all of it
  • One of the top 5 episodes of NCIS

Extra ordinary clever episode combining three agencies with familiar faces that makes me believe that with such creativity NCIS will stay for a lon time-maybe pass the "Gunsmoke" in durability. Yhis episode is very exciting as well as funny andthe outcome was it up!

Originality of this season 19 is very encouraging that NCIS is alive and well for a long time and on the rise again!
  • Fornell and Giibs and Diane!!!

This is a more original NCIS episode versus all the episodes based on terrorism. It was a great episode. I always loved the Gibbs and Fornell relationship. They act like a married couple at times. I love it. I wont spoil the episode for you, but it is one you will never forget.
  • GIbbs Proposing !!!!!!!!

I loved Every single minute of this episode :)) From Gibbs and Fornell's reaction to their ex-wife's involvement in their case to the look on Gibbs' face when he saw McGee & Diane sleeping spooning on the couch to the fake Proposal :)) Especially the proposal ... Haven't thought Gibbs could be soooooooo romantic .... He was soooo good it wished it was for real :D

I brief I just LOOOOOOVE THIS SHOW :))))
  • Absolutey hlarious!

This episode qickly landed on my VERY. SHORT. LIST. of favorite NCIS episodes. Pure fun from start to finish. My favorite scene: Gibbs standing in McGee's living room watching the two sleeping spooned on the couch. And then Fornell stops in and it only got better!

I DVR'd Devil's Trifecta and vowed I will never delete it!
  • HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ROASTING WEENIES!

(To quote Fornell on finding ex-wife Diane on the sofa with McGee). I almost choked to death laughing so hard. Joe Spano was in (very) rare form in this very funny episode! He just kept knocking off one-liners like Pop Tarts. Same for Sean Murray / McGee. When Diane was begging for a hug from McGee, I was screaming at the TV "NO!!! Don't trust her, McGee!" The rest is history. Kudos go to the writer(s) of "Devil's You nailed it guys - and thanks for the early Christmas present!
  • Excellent Trios

Just a great episode circling between Gibbs, Fornell and Diane. Of course not forgetting poor McGee and the rest of the team.

In this episode, we can really see the difference between Gibbs and Fornell. Gibbs more accepting of the entire situation and even "proposed" to Diane to save her. Fornell on the other hand was most of the time whining and grumbling about everything esp. about what McGee did. Haha! But I'll have to forgive him for that as still, He was the one who almost lost his life!
  • NCIS.

Absolutely hysterical episode, i was laughing all the way through this. Tony (Agent Coif), McGee (Chucky), Diane "You Come Over Here & Hug Me Damn It". To McGee, Gibbs & Tobias (Fric & Frac), I Love It.
  • How do you keep Gibbs on edge?

It is great to know that there are still people that can toss Gibbs for a loop. A stellar performance by the cast and writers. Poor McGee!

The actual case is simply overpowered by the residual drama between the "trifecta", with plenty of novel surprises.
  • Awesome

I couldn't stop laughing the entire show. When McGee was on the couch with her, I basically blurted out in laughter. What a great episode. My favorite of the season, maybe the last few seasons.
  • Need More Story Lines With The Three Ex's

How funny! Just watched tonight's episode, "Devil's Trifecta" and lmao! I hope they have more shows wth the three ex's. McGee! Oh, so funny!! I won't be erasing this one from the box!
CBS