NCIS

Double Back

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2014 on CBS

• Almost enough to make me never watch this show again.

I'm an NCIS addict, but I am so disappointed with the direction the show is taking. I get that you can't control when actors want to move on (still, Ziva was my favorite character on the show), but I'm sure they could have come up with a better way to write McGee out. He's a kind self-less person, so he's obviously not going to leave his girlfriend, but anyone with experience with paraplegic people know that its a huge lifestyle change and his whole life is going to have to be about her and her medical needs (rehab to strengthen her arms, he's going to have to lift her legs and work the muscles manually to limit her spasms, and don't forget about leg bags, catheters and bed sores and we won't go into what it would mean for their sexual health or their plans for having children). McGee has to choose NCIS or his girlfriend, and he's not the type to think about himself and the job he loves. Without Ziva and McGee, I don't think I'd watch it again. I'll give it a few more episodes, but Tuesdays are no longer my favorite day of the week.