NCIS

Family

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 02, 2007 on CBS

• Wonderful episode

I loved two parts in this episode-the beginning and the end.The beginning where Gibbs did not get mad at Tony for superglue-ing McGee's keyboard, and the ending. The music at the ending was just PERFECT. I thought the whole throwing paper into the fire thing was kinda cliche, but Tony's expression when he joins the team, and the happiness and relief on everybody's faces at the end- that was absolutely perfect
  • Really felt good about this one!

Ok I don't even know where to start on this one. There were sooo many good parts to this episode. Just starting out with McGees "virginity or loss of". Tony is still pining, but the writers do it in a way that I feel so bad for him. Everything seems to remind him of Jeanne. The stripper scenes and talks were hilarious. Then when we find out about the missing baby and Abby goes into high gear (if thats possible) Abby has 3 Caff-POWs lined up in a row & salty snacks to help her retain water so that she doesn't have to go to the bathroom, but it doesn't work HAHAHAHAH. Then she is so caffinated that she is doing jumping jacks OMG I was laughing so hard. Abby scenes in this make up for her not so many scenes in "Bury your dead". When Abby and Gibbs and then McGee start refering to themselves in the third person, I was rolling.
    The ziva and tony fight was painful, cuz we all feel the way she does, but how do you confront someone going through that. Tony was right though, about the dead man walking, although it was kinda harsh. The panda poo paper was an interesting piece of evidence. The ending with the kid and the parents was heart wrenching. The boyfriend just wanted a family. I liked the look that he gave the dad as he was led out. We finally saw what was in the letter that Jeanne left. Tony choosing his life instead of a lie and burning the letter then gathering with the team shows that he is finally ready to let it go. But I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of Jeanne. I really loved the Music in this episode, especially at the end.
  • pretty good episode....

A man is found dead, shot, and a female is found thrown out of a car after an accident. The investigation leads to a con artist, her boyfriend and his father, and a family she agreed to have a baby for. In the end, the boyfriend's father killed her and the boyfriend kidnapped the baby. Overall, interesting case. I really liked it, though it was a bit predictable. The main thing that bugged me about the episode was Tony. His little flashbacks and his missing Jeanne was getting on my nerves. I'm so happy he burned the letter, so he's over it. Overall, pretty good episode.
  • Revealing because Tony made his choice... to stay with the team and not to go in pursuit of a woman and future somewhere far far away.

God I loved this episode. From the moment when McGee got stuck to his keyboard and Gibbs not headslapping Tony for it (wat he would have done if Tony had been himself) but blaming McGee for not seeing this one coming, right until that last beautiful scene where Tony makes his choice to stay with his "old" family and not go in pursuit of a new one. And I'm so glad everyone just stays together.
    I didn't think Ziva was being annoying for following Tony into the men's room. I even found it humorous that the same man was in there, and didn't wash his hands this time either. I thought Ziva was doing what a good agent and friend has to do, making Tony see that the situation between him and Jeanne wasn't at all a relation that could be a solid one, for it was based on a big lie, Tony's lie...
    And Gibbs, I loved him too (like most times). He gave Tony space, the space he needed. And he watched him toss that letter into the fire, none of the others did. He knows.
    This may just be an episode for my top 5!
  • One of the few episodes that brought tears to my eyes. The relationship btw Tony and Ziva is never more defined.....and good news...they deserve each other.

One of the few episodes that brought tears to my eyes. The relationship btw Tony and Ziva is never more defined.....and good news...they deserve each other.This has to be 100 words long! Hells bells ..critics are that insecure? Great episode ..the whole series (5) not the best of story lines but in terms of relation building .not bad at all. 100 words is far too long. Sooo , to flesh this out ... Kate and Tony were more like kin ie.( id est ) brother and sister.........Ziva and Tony will be more of a sexual/prolonged/ caring relationship
    than any other and a damn site more interesting. "Undercovers" springs too mind ..brilliant episode
  • Excellent! Just amazing!

This episode was a very interesting case in which NCIS turns a murder investigation into a search for a missing infant.

The storyline is not perfect, but I still really loved it and it was very interesting for the most part. The episode wasn't the funniest though, but the great case more than compensated for that.

I thought the episode was really well written and that the plot did not have any flaws. I also really loved the ending, as Tony throws the envelope into the fire.

Overall, very good and extremely interesting. It's a fairly original episode, too, so I highly recommend this one! Keep it up, NCIS!
  • Another great one

This episode of NCIS opens with a man on the phone whilst driving discussing a surprise party. As he talks he crashes into another car. He then looks at the other car and can't see anybody inside. Its then that we see that he has a shot pointed at him. The trigger is pulled and he is killed.
    NCIS are called in when they discover that the victim was a petty officer. Ducky also discovers another body (female) which was catapulted from the other car. The team discover that the female victim used to be a con artist but dropped off the radar a few years before. They track down her boyfriend and go to visit him.
    During the autopsy Ducky discovers that the female victim was dead before the car crash. She was beaten to death. Ducky also discovers that had been pregnant and had given birth hours before she was killed. The team discover that the victim (Heidi) had been using someone else identity. When they go to see the man, he admits that they were seeing each other, but had not slept together so the missing baby could not be his. When they run test s on his DNA they discover that her boyfriend is the father of her baby but she is not the baby's mother. She was being a surrogate. His wife Sarah is the baby's real biological mother. When they go back to the house, they find the couple have gone and a newly decorated nursery for a baby. During the investigation the team discover that the baby was kidnapped and that the Nelsons were going to pay a ransom to get the baby back. The parents come in to NCIS and they tell the team about their situation and the ransom. They learn of a man who was working the cons with Heidi as part of a team. They believe that he may be in on the kidnapping and then discover that he has been dead for over a year. Abby discovers that Heidi's body was suppose to have been involved in a car cash, after broken brakes had been put back onto her car. They believe it is connected to Heidi newest boyfriend who knew her as Tiffany. They go to where he works and ask his father some questions. They also discover a shoot gun in the building. We learn that the baby is with his son Nicky. He is arrested for Heidi's murder. We then see Nicky with the baby back in the biological parent's house, in the baby's nursery. H sings the baby to sleep and places him in his cot. We learn that she was planning on taking the baby with her and Nicky and starting a new life together. Heidi couldn't have child on her own, so she came up with the perfect plan for them to have a family. The baby is handed to his parents by Gibbs. They are over the moon with the birth of their son. At the end we see the note which Jeanne left for Tony it simply says, Tony I'm not coming back. You have to choose Jeanne. He laces the letter in to the fire and watches it burn.
  • great episode

A navy crewman gets murdered while driving to work. When the NCIS team investigate the murder, they discover than the girl is a whole different case. They find out that the girl recently gave birth to a baby and that she might have been murdered for it. While the NCIS team investigate Tony deals with his feelings with Jeanne. This is a really exciting episode. We think that the episode deals with one thing but as the plot goes on we learn that it's about something else. It's a great episode. The writers did a really good job with the pacing. The episode is so watchable.
  • Tony makes his choice.

Undoubtely one of the best NCIS episode ever.
    Tony is still upset from the sudden end of his relationship with Jeanne, and the rest of the team notices it; especially Ziva. This leads to a series of both funny and sad moments, and through the episode Tony realizes that he can't be Tony DiNardo anymore, He is Tony DiNozzo, nothing else.
    Another cleverly plotted episode, the case evolves plainly through the episode with a perfect interaction between the characters. Besides, the prank that Tony plays on McGee in the bullpen is worth the entire episode.
    The perfect mix between Drama, humor and action.
  • Toni is dealing with his feelings for Jeanne, and he is making poor McGee the target of his troubled time.

The story is about two bodies found in a possible hit and run that turns to be murder.
    The plot itself was a little weak, the best part of the episode was Tony and his heartache. His interactions with the team and how the team is reacting to Tony's pain. Despite his situation Tony was as funny as ever. And Ziva was as protective and aware of Tony as always.
    This victim was a con artist, who becomes a surrogate mother and got killed minutes after giving birth because she did regret about giving his son away. Everybody is concerned about the baby and focusing on finding him as soon as possible. At the end, the found the killer and the parents had their baby back.
  • Not the best episode this season.

I liked this episode, but it was not my favorite episode. The case was cleverly plotted and pretty exciting. The case was good just like all the cases, but the reason why this episode is less than most is because of Tony. Don't get me wrong I love Tony, but this whole Jeanne thing really irritated me. For me it put a damper on this episode. I liked the fact that Ziva tries to help him, it really shows that she cares for him and that's cute to watch. In the end Tony finally realize that it is really over between him and Jeanne and that he belongs in the team. I really liked the ending, it was my favorite part of this episode.
  • Tony faces a dilema as the team searches for the answers in a moderately bizarre case involving a con artist and a baby.

Tony has a bit of a revelation regarding his sting "love" Jeanne while calling betrayed lovers in the search for a missing baby. Okay, that sounds more like a summary than a review.

In any case, Michael Weatherly shows the requisite mind and heart turmoil as all of his friends try to help him through the trouble he's denying that he has. Ziva, of course, has the closer to home advice that he needs which serves to strengthen their relationship.

The case itself is unique and twisty. A special mention needs to be made of the expectant parents. I'm not sure they really would have had any legal recourse towards NCIS and Gibbs, but they seemed pretty adament. That was the only part of the story that just kind of took me out of the fun of the episode.

Not the best follow-up to the season opener and the storyline that was "the frog."...Particularly since Jenny didn't even appear. The thing is there are still loose ends and while NCIS is noted for what it leaves out and let's the viewer connect for themself...I think there's still more to the story we need to see before we can truly move on.

All in all this was an average/ solid NCIS episode with humor and pathos, twists and turns...and a happy ending (almost.-I like Jeanne.)
  • Baby's gone missing and Tony and Ziva may take their relationship up a level ooooh

amazing episode, the bathroom scene stupendous poor Mcgee getting glued to his desk though Gibbs holding a baby again awww and Abbys back on caffiene and talking in third person so many great and funny things to watch

Tony may have finally gotten over Jeanne after getting a second shower lol it was just perfect all of it no Jenny and evil frog just a case the way I loved this show before

cant wait for more maybe a good Mcabby scene or some more Tiva loving I cant wait till tuesday all in all one terrific episode one hudred percent Ncis Rocks
  • Tony dealing with his feeling, Great episode.

It was a great show of Family!! The team as a family, mom, dad, and baby, Father and son. Just a whole lot of family going on. I loved seeing Tony's character becoming a deeper person in his feeling, he is now looking for a lot more in life, chooseing his team, family over just a piece of tail, even though he really really loved her, he loves his family even more. Michael Weatherly is doing a really good job acting this season really steping it up. Gibbs look at Tony when he is coming back to join the team, Gibbs has to know that Tony burnt the letter. In the opening we see Tony having the letter on his desk, which means he lookeda t it and really thought it over what he was suppose to do. And he did pick the right thing. Family
  • Great episode and moves on with the season SPOILERS

This episode is about investigating what appears to be a hit and run. The episode quickly spirals to a new bigger plot as is so often in these shows now. The bigger plot is OK in this one.

One of the main themes in this episode is Tony getting over Jeanne. Things during the case remind Tony of her throughout and his struggle to get through is shown. It's a great reflection on how under cover people react in reality sometimes.

What was odd though was the ending when Tony gave up on Jeanne. It did seem strange that he wouldn't even try to go after her, even though he had strong feelings for her.

One part that did annoy me was Ziva trying to "help" Tony. To me, she just seemed horribly nosey and when Tony asked her to mind her own business she followed him into the toilet. She then lost HER temper when he did the same thing and talked about her relationship. LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

I liked that this episode seemed to be a fresh start and it showed Tony moving on and the show moving on passed Tony's undercover case.
  • This eppie's title is Family~ I know why they titled "Family" Mom, Dad, and Baby

I loved to watch this eppie. Still Tony didn't move on from his girl.
    And Ziva still try to make Tony open his mind to Ziva, but Tony hurts Ziva but, I know soon or later Tony come
    back where he is. And I know Tony and Ziva they care each other. I was so fun to watch when McGee and Abby. They are so cute. And I can Gibbs care about Tony, but not too much
    not too less. Last part of this eppie... Tony finally move on from Jeanne.
    I know how much Tony love her but... Jeanne left him...
    and We need Tony to stay NCIS. So... it is so sad to Tony
    but personally I love to see Tony move on from Jeanne. Anyway all I can say this eppie... so great to me. 5 stars~~~~�š�š�š�š�š
  • This season has a different feel, I like what I am seeing so far. The action is there, the chemistry is there, another good episode.

I like it, they are developing the characters in different ways. They brought Tony out of his love them and leave them type of guy to a guy who has loved and lost and will allow him to grow, or go off the deep end and return to his previous self but more so.
    Zeva is the total partner and worried about his partner, and was there for him when he needed someone to talk to.
    Where was Jenny?
    Abby is back, gulping soda and getting the evidence in her super efficient and energetic ways.
    I like what I see so far, more depth of the characters, go team.
  • A concerned Ziva tries to get Tony to open up...

When a woman is found dead in a car accident, NCIS team finds out that she gave birth and the team must race against time to find a missing baby. Later in their investigation the team learns that it is a case of kidnapping. Meanwhile, Tony is still dealing with his feelings for Jeanne which seems to affect him more than he thought it would. A concerned Ziva tries to get Tony to open up but he gruffly dismisses her. And at the end, Tony reluctantly accepts the fact that it's over with Jeanne and that his teammates care for him.
  • A really good episode

While the team tries to find out who killed a marine as well as a young girl, Tony tries to come to terms with his feelings towards Jeanne who has left him after finding out the truth. Ziva tries to help in her own special way.
    When the case takes a turn everyithing changes now it's not just to find a killer, but also a kidnapper.

This was a great episode that shows just how really great NCIS is. And you can see Tony's pain when confronted with a boys that been lied to as well. An excellent episode. And hoping for more just like this one
  • Love the script for this.

The concept and basis for this script was great. With the con artist with different identies. The guy who wants to save her. The people who just wanted a baby. As always Abby was GREAT! I love Abby she is just pure genius. What I really liked about how the script was written was that during the different points, Tony imagined himself and Jeanne in the scenario. Tony having to deal with the secret he kept from her as well as his feelings was great. It was never revealed what the note she left behind said, until now. She left it to Tony to make the choice but for me, Tony being who he is, is the right choice.
  • An ok episode with some nice humerous touches.

This was a very good piece of television but an average episode of NCIS. The story didn't ring true for me the father didn't seem nasty enough to beat a recently pregnant mother to death and shoot a person at point blank range. Also the Tony/Jeanne/Ziva story seemed to get in the way of the 'A' plot. I presume the note (Tony I'm not coming back. You need to choose. Jeanne) getting thrown in the fire means he choose to stay at NCIS. We shall see.
    A word about the rating system. Nothing should get over a 9 unless it's exceptional. I gave this episode 8.1. I find it quite strange that people give really high marks for very average TV.
  • Why I love Pauley Perrette …

Pauley Perrette does not get enough credit for her part in this show in my opinion. It is extremely hard to have a bad episode that features Abby in it, simply because she will delight everyone once she gets on screen. While one character don't make a show, one is often enough to make sure it gets good ratings, and while NCIS have six such characters, Pauley Perrette as Abby is by far the best one this show has going for it. My love declaration aside – this episode was an excellent character arc build of Michael Weatherly, which we can only hope leads to something more complicated together with Cote de Pablo.
  • Is it over for Jeanne and Tony?

I never had a problem with their relationship. In fact, I thought it was pretty good to see Tony finally settling down. But, of course, the writers can't have that happen. Frankly, I'd be appalled if they did let those two have a happy ending. Me thinks this season could end with Ziva and Tony together, if she keeps her steady persistence.

You know, i have to wonder how many times Abby has tried to quit drinking her Caff-Pows. It's a losing battle, really. Sugar is the key to a happy Abby.

This episode was a little confusing. I figured it had to be one of the guys from the garage. I mean, they were pretty angry about what's-her-face.

The ending scene was so wonderful sad. Owen Beckman played it out so well.
  • Ziva is the best!

OMG! Another absolute brilliant episode!

Poor Tony! He made the right choice though. She wasn't for him anyway. He does need to talk about it though.

Gibbs and the baby, almost brought tears to my eyes, but that's a big almost. I love how he always manages to keep his cool in any situation let it be a baby or whatever. He's my favorite!

ZIVA!! So pushy & always trying to get through to something or someone, I love how she's always looking out for Tony, her "partner".

In other words, this was just another one of the great eppies of NCIS!

I missed the previews of next weeks episode, but it'll just make it more interesting not knowing what's going to happen!
  • NCIS is great!

A con artist is killed after giving birth, and the baby is being sold back to the biological parents. The team searches to find the killer of a con artist and a petty officer. They also have to find the missing baby.

This episode dealt with Tony's broken relationship with Jeanne. He had to call the con artists marks to find possible suspects. He finds himself defending her and himself. "Just because she lied didn't mean she didn't love you" - or something like that- Tony yells at one mark. Tony is feeling sad so he glues Tim's fingers to his keyboard. Poor Tim. If that wasn't bad enough Ziva was teasing him about possibly being a virgin. I'm not sure what that was about.

Over all a great episode. Watch it!
  • loved the plot gibbs trying to save a baby how sweet when he picked him up love gibbs

i loved this episode it was so sweet at times while it was still a case i loved when gibbs picked the baby up and i loved the feeling it gave while i was watching it "family" good title i finally saw gibbs smile at the end i hope tony gets back to normal. the humor with the panda poop was random but it was funny humor. Also the part with tony reading the letter was good i guess that means no more jeanne. another hmor seen when ziva met the same guy in the bathroom. that was funny.
  • Back to the old NCIS

Their Has Not Been An episode of NCIS this normal sense Witch Hunt. It is about time that we are done with Tony's personal conflicts of interest and now we can see Tony as Tony. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a