NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Gut Check Discussion

djboy77

[1]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 7

She's a little bit full-on, but didn't hate her. Not sure how long that will last. The lawyer thing was clever - never mind how well it would stand up in court, don't now how real it was. But it was original - in a sea of cop shows, I've never seen any show or character pull that move, so points for originality.

Respect to the new SECNAV. The only one I've liked so far (of the on-screen SECNAVs).

Do we wonder whether Bishop would be about the same age as Gibbs' daughter would have been?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mnementh01

[2]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 14
    I didn't take on the age thing but you're correct.

However, Gibbs is "old school" so Political Correctness and perhaps the age thing wouldn't be a factor for him. He's simply been raised to respect and protect women.

Look at the elevator incident with the SecNav, for instance. I doubt that would have happened with the prior male incumbent.

Yes, I know women don't need protecting, or doors opened any more but us old 'uns were brought up a certain way and it's not easy to get rid of the training. Personally, I wouldn't want to lose it, anyway.

The fake lawyer thing was indeed interesting and I reckon it would really depend on the Judge it came up in front of.

The guy made an assumption and Bishop DID put down her real business card in front of him, so if he didn't bother to read it, that's hardly NCIS's fault, is it?

As for the new SecNav, I keep seeing her in The Mentalist role, so I'll reserve judgement for a few more appearances.

Dewbak75

[3]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 18

The deception during the interrogation scene, I'm not sure if it would stand up, though I think it *should* stand up. She never asserted that she was a lawyer, she never denied who she was, she even put her real business card on the table. The suspect never actually asked if she was his lawyer. It would probably depend on the leanings of the judge. Some of them are pretty activist when it comes to protecting the rights of the accused, even from their own stupidity.

I liked this episode, and I enjoyed meeting Ellie Bishop. Emily Wickersham did a great job, and I think she'll be a fun addition to the cast. I'm glad that she's quite different from both Ziva and Kate, and I'm glad they didn't start her off in conflict with the rest of the team. Tony & McGee seemed somewhat bemused by her, almost the way Tony & Kate were with McGee when he first joined. I think it will be fun watching her adapt to being part of the team.

danharr

[4]Nov 25, 2013
    • level: 45

Well for those into skinny quirky blondes and the show now has it's own Deeks... Sad when the original is copying the spin off but for me the rest of the cast keeps the show a float.

Dewbak75

[5]Jan 25, 2014
    • level: 18

danharr wrote:

Well for those into skinny quirky blondes and the show now has it's own Deeks... Sad when the original is copying the spin off but for me the rest of the cast keeps the show a float.

That makes zero sense to me, she's NOTHING like Deeks.