NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Is the USA Channel dicriminating against NCIS rerums on their schedule?

alanbobet

[1]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    I maybe imagining things but I have a funny feeling that USA Cable Channel is traating the showing of NCIS reruns on their TV schedule much differently and less preferentially than they do with their showing of LAW AND ORDER:SVU and LAW AND ORDER:CRIMINAL INTENT reruns on their network. The LAW AND ORDER reruns are still being shown on USA all 7 nights of the week from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM(except Mondays when they show RAW at 8PM and MONK & PSYCH on Fridays from 9 to 11 PM and don't forget the LAW AND ORDER marathons shown on USA each and every other weekend or hollidays! Meanwhile back in December 2007, when USA announced that they would be showing NCIS rerun episodes every Wednesday night from 9 to 11PM starting in January 2008, I found it strange that a show like NCIS that is still on the air with very good ratings in the Neilsen top 10 and with approximately 100 episodes in the can, be shown on USA only one night of the week, instead of one episode each night from Mondays to Friday like USA used to do with reruns of JAG and WALKER TEXAS RANGER when that network started showing those reruns on their network. Don't get me wrong because I am also a fan of LAW AND ORDER y LAW AND ORDER:SVU but USA channel has been reruning those episodes to death and I barely watch them any more because I know them by heart already by the way USA constantly screens them( just like TNT is constantly reruning the original LAW AND ORDER episodes almost every night and day to the ground that you can definitely call TNT(the LAW AND ORDER network) But as we all know NCIS has been getting better Neilsen ratings that LAW AND ORDER and all their franchises. NCIS continues to be in the Neilsen top 10 ratings even though CBS is showing NCIS reruns because of the past WGA strike. But even with reruns on CBS, NCIS is doing very good and even more so than LAW AND ORDER on NBC, especially if you consider that the original LAW AND ORDER and LAW AND ORDER:CRIMINAL INTENT were almost cancelled last year because of their ratings and only LAW AND ORDER: SVU is doing more or less okay. What made me worry about the NCIS situation on USA is that in February, USA channel stopped showing NCIS episodes on Wednesday nights and substituted them with movies like THE PACIFIER, THE BOURNE IDENTITY & PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN and for a couple off past Saturdays nights, USA has shown unannounced from 9 to 11PM, showings of 2 parts NCIS episodes like KILL ARI and REQUIEM with no previous TV promotion like USA does with the L&O episodes. Now USA has announced that this Saturday, they will be showing a NCIS marathon all day long. Once again, please don't get me wrong because as a NCIS fan, I'm grateful USA will show a NCIS marathon this Saturday. But it makes me think that USA doesn't know how to really handle the showing of NCIS reruns on their network compared with the LAW AND ORDER reruns. or perish forbid that USA doesn't have much faith on showing NCIS on their network compared with the LAW AND ORDER reruns.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scc1fan

[2]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 51
    Wow...that was a long post. I agree with you--but then again, every channel has their "favorite" shows that they give prime spots. You have to give it awhile to catch on. They're moving it around a lot because they're not giving it a chance. Stupid? Probably--but it's hardly going to hurt the actual ratings. Give them a chance to settle down, and I think we'll see a better schedule. And everyone watch the marathon tomorrow!

Kas

alanbobet

[3]Feb 29, 2008

For all you NCIS fans out there; here are the NCIS episodes that USA will show this Saturday, March 1st, 2008 from 9 AM to 11 PM. As you can see from this list, USA randomly picked NCIS episodes from only Season 4 in no particular order:

9:00 AM- ESCAPED from Season 4

10:00 AM SINGLED OUT from Season 4

11:00 AM FAKING IT from Season 4

12:00 PM DEAD AND UNBURIED from Season 4

1:00 PM WITCH HUNT from Season 4

2:00 PM SANDBLAST from Season 4

3:00 PM ONCE A HERO from Season 4

4:00 PM TWISTED SISTER from Season 4

5:00 PM SMOKED from Season 4

6:00 PM DRIVEN from Season 4

7:00PM SUSPCION from Season 4

8:00 PM SHARIF RETURNS from Season 4

9:00 PM BLOWBACK from Season 4

10:00 PM FRIENDS & LOVERS from Season 4

emmiimcr

[4]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    Woah, massive post, too kme awhile to read.
    It's the same in Australia, with reruns of law and order, but they showed ncis only on tuesday nights and it only was one episode, plus I hadnt seen the episodes yet so it was awesome. They also had reruns of medium over here which I got into [yay!].

emmiimcr

[5]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    took me*

garnetblack

[6]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    Law and Order and the USA network are both owned by NBC/Universal, while NCIS is not...that may be a factor.

alanbobet

[7]Mar 4, 2008
    Well it seems that the only NCIS rerun on USA this week will be this Wednesday at 10PM EST, after four hours of L&O:SVU and L&O:CI reruns!