NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Kate or Ziva

BeautifulDay13

[161]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 14
    dalilone wrote:
    BeautifulDay13 wrote:
    I am so going with TATE. I'm obsessed with NCIS and Kate. Kate rocks. TATE rocks.

*quickly puts BeautifulDay13 at the top of good people list*

you said exactly what i feel.

Lol. Thanks Dalilone!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

N102

[162]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 18
    When I heard that Sasha was leaving the show and that Kate was going to be killed off, I was really annoyed. I love every one of the characters and wouldn't have like to have seen any of them killed off but it was Sasha's decision to leave the show. Kate was a great character. Personally, I find a lot of female characters in shows these days very whiny but the reason I like Kate is because she's not like that. I thought the show would never be the same after Sasha left and after the first three episodes of Season 3, I was still very bitter about it and didn't allow myself to enjoy the show. When it was revealed that Ziva was taking over from Kate, amazingly I didn't hate her. I thought no one could replace Kate and still no one can, but I really like Ziva too and she's not a replacement because she's complete different from Kate. I like her a lot more than I thought I would. I like her just as much as Kate now, I don't like one more than the other, but Cote does such a great job with Ziva.

sunshinepie91

[163]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    Kate totally... i'm all fro TATE!!! i like the comedy and "sexual tension" Ziva brings, but overall Kate is better, in my opinion!

scc1fan

[164]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 51
    momathome wrote:
    I didn't start watching until Season 3 so I never knew Kate except in an occasional rerun or until I got the Season 1 DVDs.  I can really see why people liked Kate, but I have to cast my lot with Ziva.

I understand your dilema...btw--I LOVE LOVE LOVE your signature!!!

And Chris--yes...they are pathetic.

dalilone

[165]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 29
    i probably should get one thing straight... i love cote de pablo.. i think shes fab in playing ziva. i just dont like ziva. but i've give you this... if it weren't for the whole taking over kate thing... if she had been intro-ed to the team before kate died or if she never was killed i probably would have liked her alot more than i do now.

BeautifulDay13

[166]Sep 2, 2006
    Yeah. It's funny because on the nights where NCIS isn't on or there are Kate repeats, I don't like Ziva but when there's a new episode on I don't think she's that bad. She has her moments but Kate was just so much better.

dalilone

[167]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 29
    yea! when i see repeats i hate that shes dead even more! and therefore hate her replacement too! but i cannot deal with tiva. ziva yes. tiva hell no.

bassgirl06

[168]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    I'm excited about this season so I can compare Ziva to Kate and actually give an informed opinion.

BeautifulDay13

[169]Sep 3, 2006
    dalilone wrote:
    yea! when i see repeats i hate that shes dead even more! and therefore hate her replacement too! but i cannot deal with tiva. ziva yes. tiva hell no.

I completely agree with you there. When I saw Under Covers i got so mad. It was too early in season 3 to do something like that.

Mrs_McGee

[170]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 13
    I don't think that Tiva should start coz i think it is more like brother and sister thing with them teasing each other!

NCISbug

[171]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    BeautifulDay13 wrote:
    dalilone wrote:

I completely agree with you there. When I saw Under Covers i got so mad. It was too early in season 3 to do something like that.

Hmmm... strange... I loved Under Covers.. I don't think Kate wouuld have pulled that asignemnt of... What can I say...I'm Ziva fan

kini_113

[172]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    I miss Kate...but i really enjoy Ziva. My favorite are her interagation skills, however illegal they may be in this country. I think she is strong female counterpart to Gibbs, although she will never be better Gabby I'm glad they didn't try to just recast Kate's role cause that would have really been bad. I really want the new season to start the countdown is difficult

insaneclarinet

[173]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 12
    Mrs_McGee wrote:
    I don't think that Tiva should start coz i think it is more like brother and sister thing with them teasing each other!

Interesting. I see it the other way around, Tony and Kate seem more like brother and sister but I love Ziva and Tiva.

Mrs_McGee

[174]Sep 7, 2006
    • level: 13
    insaneclarinet wrote:
    Mrs_McGee wrote:

Interesting. I see it the other way around, Tony and Kate seem more like brother and sister but I love Ziva and Tiva.

Don't get me wrong i would love Tiva to happen but i just don't know if it is good for the show

Suiram

[175]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    Defenetly Kate. She was a real character, Ziva is so fake that i often think of switching to advertisments on another channel. I know those guys have to be something different then CSI, but putting Ziva on is like starting a freak show.
    For sexual tension i can turn on erotic channel...

ncis_luva

[176]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 8
    I liked kate before she died but now i like ziva better. She's just funnier and when i watch kate's episodes then i watch ziva's ones, i always think that ziva's episodes are better!! i don't really like tiva a lot but i wouldn't mind it either!!

BeautifulDay13

[177]Sep 26, 2006
    Sorry to all you Tiva fans but...well you kind of already know my opinion on that. I'm not going to start a rant. I think the banter was funnier between Tony and Kate. I think it was because Kate was so professional and seeing her get so woked up about Tony's comments was just so damn funny. Take the whole wet t-shirt contest for example. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Ziva but Kate will always be my favourite.

Abby_forever

[178]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 9

I love that Ziva hits back at Tony. Kate was always too uptight and professional to actually put DiNozzo in his place. But Ziva not only accepts his comments but she throws in comments that leave him speechless or shocked.

Now thinking about it, Kate is how I was early high school and Ziva talks like how I am now. Back then if someone asked something like if I was interested in a particular guy or something I would get shy or embarrassed. Now they ask me if I would grab a particular guy or even girl and now instead of getting shy or offended, I say something like, "How do you know I haven't already," or "Not just that." And it is far more enjoyable to watch their faces.

So, despite that stpory being completely pointless, I have to say ZIVA ZIVA ZIVA. She is such a great character now and I feel far more entertaining that Kate ever was. And many things that Ziva has done (in particular Undercovers, and i know all you tate'rs would have loved Kate to have done it instead of Ziva) but it just would not have ever happened.

Abbyforever

Edited on 09/26/2006 4:45am

Freckles16

[179]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    Abby_forever wrote:

I love that Ziva hits back at Tony. Kate was always too uptight and professional to actually put DiNozzo in his place. But Ziva not only accepts his comments but she throws in comments that leave him speechless or shocked.

Now thinking about it, Kate is how I was early high school and Ziva talks like how I am now. Back then if someone asked something like if I was interested in a particular guy or something I would get shy or embarrassed. Now they ask me if I would grab a particular guy or even girl and now instead of getting shy or offended, I say something like, "How do you know I haven't already," or "Not just that." And it is far more enjoyable to watch their faces.

So, despite that stpory being completely pointless, I have to say ZIVA ZIVA ZIVA. She is such a great character now and I feel far more entertaining that Kate ever was. And many things that Ziva has done (in particular Undercovers, and i know all you tate'rs would have loved Kate to have done it instead of Ziva) but it just would not have ever happened.

Abbyforever

definitley agree! Ziva's interactions with Tony are fantastic and always so funny! I loved tate but i like Tony and Ziva's more.

Abby_forever

[180]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    Thank you.

Abbyforever