NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Maybe Enough of Ziva?

baghban

[1]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 9

First of all, I must say that i am a huge ncis fan (I love Ziva !), and i don't want to piss off Tiva & Ziva fans.

But I sure would like to know everyone's opinion on this.

Ever since, she got her american citizenship, there is almost nothing she adds to the show (an idle character). Her relationship with Tony is not going anywhere, plus we will meet with her new boyfriend in a couple of episodes.

I personally think that her arc on the show has ended. It was amazing to see her as a spy, a new addition to the team, we all witnessed her skills and betrayal to the team (with Rivkin, at the end of season 6), and then she came back and became an agent. What else she can bring to the table?

I think that it will be good to see a new female character. I was happy to see E.J Barrett (I sure hated her, but it was nice to see Gibbs watch her closely, like an eagle watching its prey) .

Sorry that i couldn't gather my thoughts very well, but i am sure everyone can understand what i am trying to say here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrAndree

[2]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 19

Nowadays none of the characters add anything to the show, that's just the new NCIS way.

Edited on 03/21/2011 7:23am

BarryWeen3

[3]Mar 23, 2011
    • level: 14

The dynamic of the team is basically set now. Tony makes a lot of movie references that McGee never gets and which Ziva either gets or butchers. Ziva still occasionally butchers English words or phrases. McGee still acts clueless and probie-like ever so often. Etc. etc.

I don't find anything wrong with Ziva but at this point I just don't see her in a relationship with Tony, it's way past that point IMO. Hence, the scene last episode with Tony and EJ was interesting.

baghban

[4]Mar 24, 2011
    that's what I meant, the dynamics is set, but it has become stable. there is nothing left Ziva can add to the show.

the reason I love this show and the reason NCIS is different than many other shows like CSIs, etc is that there are literally "characters".

when you say Gibbs, you know his history and you can predict how he would act, what he would say, etc... but he can still surprise you. same thing with McGee, DiNozzo, Abby and Dr. Mallard. Ziva is a late addition to the show, we learned her history, her weaknesses, her betrayal, now only thing she is doing is teasing Dinozzo, making idle jokes (sometimes stupid ones), butchering English phrases, and that's it

LovesZiva

[5]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 5

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    I don't find anything wrong with Ziva but at this point I just don't see her in a relationship with Tony, it's way past that point IMO. Hence, the scene last episode with Tony and EJ was interesting.

We're not going to see Tony and Ziva get together( if at all) until the very last episode of NCIS like Harm and Mac in JAG.

tommy0122

[6]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 12

Ziva has gained just enough weight to lose her "cuteness". She need to back off on the eating IMHO.

LovesZiva

[7]Mar 24, 2011

tommy0122 wrote:

Ziva has gained just enough weight to lose her "cuteness". She need to back off on the eating IMHO.

She gained weight? I didn't notice. She still looks hot. Now ever since season 7 besides the one episode earlier in the season, she hasn't been sexy( using her Mossad skills, flirting constantly, and looking good at the same time. :p ).

tarapersad5000

[8]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 2

In my opinion, Ziba still adds plenty to the show. Just because she is an American citizen now, doesn't mean she have nothing more to add! Her background remains the same, they can bring back the Israelis! They can have an episode or two where she suffers from PTSD. She was held captive, she was tortured and abused, possibly r*aped for 3 months!! And up to now she has not suffered from PTSD - seriously?!? There are still story-lines for Ziva! Plus, she's one of the most unique characters ever. And there don't need to be anything left for her to stay. Jeez! I hate people saying there is no where for the Ziva character. She's an agent! So what, just cause she's an American citizen and NCIS, there is nothing left for her, so she leaves the show?!

The writers need to be creative and they will create story-lines for her. Plus, the show is about the cases, and the team - the team solve the cases together and there is the family dynamic and whatnot. There don't need to be anywhere for the character of Ziva to go, for her to stay on the show!

But I agree with the person who said she has gained weight and she really needs to lose weight!!

And I am pretty show the writers are gonna kill of Ziva cause they are sexist and only kill of all the women characters and the world hates me, so of course Ziva, my most favorite character, will get killed off. And that's why NCIS and Ziva will be and is the last show and character I will ever love this much and be so emotionally invested in.

But I hope the team takes Ziva's death REALLY, REALLY HARD!! They only knew Kate for 2 freaking years and they too her death hard. They know Ziva for 6 years, they have been through soooo much with her together, there was s*xual tension between her and Tony, the team must take a death super hard!! So much that....grrrrrr!! Ziva has not freaking ran her course!! She should stay with the show! I hate EJ!! The writers are lazy and sexist! that's why they and everybody else want Ziva to get killed off. I hope EJ gets killed - I hate her! Why can't her two stupid agents, Ray and her and Vance get killed of instead?!?!? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'(

tarapersad5000

[9]Mar 24, 2011

baghban wrote:
    that's what I meant, the dynamics is set, but it has become stable. there is nothing left Ziva can add to the show. the reason I love this show and the reason NCIS is different than many other shows like CSIs, etc is that there are literally "characters". when you say Gibbs, you know his history and you can predict how he would act, what he would say, etc... but he can still surprise you. same thing with McGee, DiNozzo, Abby and Dr. Mallard. Ziva is a late addition to the show, we learned her history, her weaknesses, her betrayal, now only thing she is doing is teasing Dinozzo, making idle jokes (sometimes stupid ones), butchering English phrases, and that's it

Tony adds nothing to the show and he's still there. And frankly, I don't think Tony is as handsome as everyone one thinks he is. What do you want Ziva to add, huh? She's an agent, she's there to do her work as an agent!!

Also, you think EJ will add more?! EJ is not even an original character - shehavesome Tony traits in her - she's senior field agent, bossy, pushy and know it all like Tony. So there will be two Tonys. She's strong-willed, independent, snarky and pushy like Ziva. See?! not original. She won't add much to the show. Ziva is there to help with the cases, she's part of the team, she does the same as Tony. Also, he makes idle jokes as well, play a know it all and tease too. McGee does nothing but do geek stuffs. In my opinion, there are more things for Ziva. They can bring back the Israelis, cause of her skills andtraining, she can go undercover, etc.... Some people are just to lazy to think.

baghban

[10]Mar 25, 2011
    tarapersad5000 wrote:

I strongly disagree with what you said about Tony. He is in the show since the day 1, actually even from Day -2 (since the last 2 episodes of JAG). His character is built on his "charm" not handsomeness. Nobody says that he is handsome, he just has his own charm in his own way. He is making the movie references since day 1, making stupid jokes since day 1, acting like a kid since day 1, and I haven't seen a single person complaining about it. What I want Ziva to add? nothing. I just want to see Ziva as Ziva. They put her on a dormant position this season, she hasn't done anything that matters that it was Ziva or someone else sitting in her desk, except the 2 episodes with the Israelis. I do hope that this will change in the next 2 episodes where we will see her new boyfriend. About EJ Barrett. She hasn't done anything yet so that you could practically "hate" her. If people had the same reaction, for every character addition to every show, then what would have happened? Every character has an arc and something to add to the show, we haven't seen hers yet. She will play some part in Vance's plot (diabolic or not).

On the other hand, I agree with you 100% what you wrote about PTSD. Since her capture and rescue, it stayed rather an untouched area, and it's almost impossible that she has no deep psychological scars left from that experience. Raped? quite possibly.

However, I disagree that she needs to lose weight. She looks much more cute now. But, McGee should gain some weight though

LovesZiva

[11]Mar 25, 2011

Also want to point out, Cote hasn't gained weight to an unhealthy level. She is still skinny and incredibly hot. I don't like the preference for really skinny women, especially when it comes to being a super model. Those women need to gain some weight......

Cote is still fine when it comes to her weight. Plus, they could be using a new lens where instead of putting on 10 lb., it could be putting on 20 lb. :p

iamnotarobot56

[12]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 3
    There is too much pressure today being put on young women especially to be super skinny. I for one think Cote looks beautiful and healthy not overweight and not too skinny.

As for Ziva I absolutely LOVE her but I feel she has regressed as have alot of characters. Unfortunately TPTB suck and have made her character just god awful since s6 finale. Don't get me wrong I'm not a hater, but she has had very little growth despite her traumatic experience in Somalia which one would think someone could have gotten her to open ip about it. She has mentioned it in 3 episodes I think: masquerade- barely to Tony. A man walks into a bar- psychiatrist woman/ kates sister got her to mention it. To the abused wife ( sorry name escapes me)- only to be shut out by her. The point is that somethings gotta give and soon. I'm super worried about the finale I really hope this isn't the end of Ziva!

DeloresButyte

[13]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 1
    I love Ziva Great character, she reminds me of Diana Riggs character on the Avengers Emma Peal,STRONG women !Oh yes and I like her and Tony together!

lili1987

[14]Apr 21, 2011

Lol peopel need to stop about Ziva. She is very important to NICIS. If she dieds CBS will lose a lot of viewers. Most of those youngs fans are Tiva fans. If they killed just one of them now it will be the end of the show , so just stop with this. I'm agree with most of u she has right to gain weights. I still find her pretty , why every women must to look like paris hilton? What kind of world we live now? Ziva brang many fans to NICS. Yes i can undrstand u don't like Tiva everybody have theirs opinion , but u don't need to want the others to think like u. Maybe u don't like her anymore , but there are still people who like her. And as for changement , u should know people change in life. U don't still stay the same during your entire life. It makes sense what they did with her.I mean we know she couldn't last as mossad agent. SO in my opinion she is ok like that. She is the only character who can be explore more on NICIS.

Edited on 04/21/2011 4:53pm

timejumpper1

[15]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 1

I think that it is not true. Ziva has much to offer, first of all she has a mystique. She is unique in her character, and really not everything is known about her.

lili1987

[16]Apr 21, 2011

LovesZiva wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

We're not going to see Tony and Ziva get together( if at all) until the very last episode of NCIS like Harm and Mac in JAG.

Hmm i don't agree with u. I mean i recall Jag had lost many viewers because of that. Especially in season 10. Pople were angry against DB. So i don't think they will make the same mistake again. I mean if they do the same , ithat's mean he will do the same with NCIS LA. That means whole his show will have the same ending. I really think peopel will get tired.Of course it is just my point.

ncis-myfave

[17]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 4

I agree, but i love Ziva. maybe we just need more from her, like in season 3. she's become really serious (ever since saleem captured her) and there doesn't seem to be much left between her and tony, especially after E.J has come. i am hoping there will be a season 9 and something TIVA wise will eventually happen (even if it is the last episode).

yeah we still have the occasional joke when ziva says soemthing that doesn't make any sense, but there's really no spark left. i don't think she should go, i just think the writers should do something tiva wise because we r all waiting for it.

MaverickGidon

[18]Apr 25, 2011

Well I for one will stop watching NCIS if Ziva is killed off. I prefer the earlier seasons (3-5) with Ziva in them... but I don't think that it's just Ziva who is idly sitting in the background... McGee, Abby and I dare say, Tony have been rather dull as well when it comes to story lines. The only interesting story line that come to my attention this season was the Vance storyline and he's not exactly my favourite person in the show.

Number 1 is a lonely number up there NCIS, and right now it's not going as strong in substance as it did in it's previous years. C'mon guys, something's gotta give...

sfaberge

[19]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 21
    Ziva's character hasn't run its course, it's just that the writers have not given her anything in the last season or more. The messing up English phrases thing is getting sooo old now. There's something different about Ziva in the last season I haven't quite put my finger on, something that just makes her seem very dull. Maybe just too set in her ways now.

I agree Tiva should never happen - imagine Gibbs if that happened. It would break apart the whole show and whatever the writers try, they won't be able to write about a functioning show around it.

KxGx

[20]May 21, 2011
    • level: 6
    I wish she would bring back her wild hair :-)