NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official 9x24 Discussion "Till Death Do Us Part" (spoilers)

LovesZiva

[1]May 15, 2012
    • level: 5

:
    Terrorism shakes the foundations of the Navy and NCIS to such an extent that Gibbs and the team face surprises that will devastate them.

Discuss the season finale....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LovesZiva

[2]May 15, 2012

My fears may have been realized.....

thribs

[3]May 15, 2012
    • level: 8

I doubt he's dead, just a mislead.

CrazyAsian1080

[4]May 15, 2012
    • level: 7

Unless the leak about David McCallum was just a giant mislead (which I can see a network doing) Ducky is not dead. I expect it's either Vance or Palmer. Vance because Rocky Carroll has been back burned for a while now and might as well just be officially written off. Palmer is the other possibility because he's not officially in the credits any more and it only takes 2 hour from Florida to Washington.

lachlan_j_g

[5]May 16, 2012
    • level: 11

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Unless the leak about David McCallum was just a giant mislead (which I can see a network doing) Ducky is not dead. I expect it's either Vance or Palmer. Vance because Rocky Carroll has been back burned for a while now and might as well just be officially written off. Palmer is the other possibility because he's not officially in the credits any more and it only takes 2 hour from Florida to Washington.

it won't have been Palmer - not enough time. I reckon it's Vance, he would have been outside just as it happened.

littleditylum

[6]May 16, 2012
    • level: 14

Do we know for sure that it was one of the main characters (I'm including people like Vance and Palmer when I say "main")? Has it been released that one of them dies? It's very possible that I just missed it. I only ask this because there were a bunch of other people in or around the building. Anyone could have been the "deceased" that Ducky mentioned.

On that note.. DUCKY!!!!

BTRAV

[7]May 16, 2012
    • level: 27
    So all of them could be dead or none of them. Cole's definitely dead, though. Oh, this is the cruelest summer wait they've ever inflicted upon us.

RiverRatDad

[8]May 16, 2012
    • level: 2

according to TV Guide as of April 30 I read David McCallum recently signed a new 2 year contract for the show. If so i doubt he is dead.

BillHilbrich

[9]May 16, 2012
    • level: 3

No telling when this episode was actually done, but certainly before new contracts were signed. So knowing the history of past contract negotiations, it seems prudent to leave us thinking that any one of them might be dead and then killing off those who did not re-up.

CrazyAsian1080

[10]May 16, 2012
    • level: 7

lachlan_j_g wrote:

it won't have been Palmer - not enough time. I reckon it's Vance, he would have been outside just as it happened.

The timeline actually fits. Im pretty sure that's why the writers had that whole "Let's get married now so I can go back and help my family" scene. Palmer was in Florida in the morning, got hitched and takes a plane to DC. 2 hours later he arrives just in time to be blown up in the parking lot. I honestly hope it's not Palmer because he's awesome, but he would be the easiest to write off. His names isn't in the credits anymore. But honestly, I hope it's Vance. I mean he hasn't been really in any of the episodes and he's lost a lot of awesomeness.

Edited on 05/16/2012 9:53am

chrscrt68

[11]May 16, 2012
    • level: 2

I also hope it isn't Jimmy. His character definitely adds more to the show than Vance. I kind of think it won't be Jimmy because of what happened with Ducky. I believe Jimmy will handle the bodies from the attack. Then later on we get the "Kung Fu" moment when Ducky gets better and tells Jimmy how proud he is of him,"grasshopper".

BTRAV

[12]May 17, 2012
    • level: 27
    It can't be Jimmy. Otherwise Ducky wouldn't have still been on the beach. He wouldn't have left without him.

LovesZiva

[13]May 18, 2012

Well gee... that didn't last long......

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/16/ncis-boss-talks-season-9-finale/

mariannanic

[14]May 18, 2012
    • level: 9

So Ducky is not dead (since he signed a new contract), neither is Palmer. I

doubt it would be Tony or Ziva, we have a lot to expect for these two i believe. I also don't believe the wedding "talk" between those two was random talk...

From the last scene the one that looks like it gets the full blast of the explosion is McGee. He is right in front of the window and the blast hits him straight in the face...

danharr

[15]May 21, 2012
    • level: 45

Good finale much better than last season although wondering if Ducky had died after the bombing would've been great but oh well the day we live in no secrets

LovesZiva

[16]May 24, 2012

BTRAV wrote:
    So all of them could be dead or none of them. Cole's definitely dead, though. Oh, this is the cruelest summer wait they've ever inflicted upon us.

I think Season 6's was crueler. Simply due to Ziva being in danger. Poor Ziva.

MsBoonzie

[17]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 10

LovesZiva wrote:

BTRAV wrote:

I think Season 6's was crueler. Simply due to Ziva being in danger. Poor Ziva.

I agree. Now, we at least know that the entire cast survives (all cast-members have signed like a two- or three-year contract). I'm pretty much just waiting for what's going to happen between Tony and Ziva in the elevator, to be honest.

Edited on 08/25/2012 10:15pm