NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official Discussion Thread - 8x10 "False Witness" (spoilers)

dmarex

[1]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 103
    Please discuss the episode 8x10 False Witness in this thread.

Episode Summary: When a Navy petty officer that was supposed to testify in an upcoming murder trial suddenly goes missing, the NCIS team gets help from the deputy district attorney to find the missing witness.

Original Air Date: December 14, 2010
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tiva_mcabby5

[2]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 9

ok so was the spoiler for Tony being completely humor-less and having a "romanitic, painful" scene with Ziva this episode?? cuz tony seemed pretty humorless to me (except for the end) and that was a pretty big Tiva scene in Observation. also, "something has been bothering Tony"...was that brenda bittner's thing??

i thought that episode was supposed to be in January though...

either way...LOVED it

bloggroll

[3]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 4

tiva_mcabby5 wrote:

ok so was the spoiler for Tony being completely humor-less and having a "romanitic, painful" scene with Ziva this episode?? cuz tony seemed pretty humorless to me (except for the end) and that was a pretty big Tiva scene in Observation. also, "something has been bothering Tony"...was that brenda bittner's thing??

either way...LOVED it

holy crap! the tiva scene was AWESOME! i hope this goes somewhere and not just another bone to keep the tiva fans on their leash.

GreenChristmas

[4]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 4
    Did they hug? DID THEY HUG?

MasterYoda00

[5]Dec 15, 2010

tiva_mcabby5 wrote:

either way...LOVED it

I have to say that i thought the same about this episode airing in January but i was pleasently supprised to see it now . I liked how Navy Petty Officer Jerry Neisler who had been raised by two psychologist analysed the NCIS team, seems that there still is something more between Abby and McGee. It was a shame that we didnt see him confront Tony about his feelings more but considering how Tony was acting I think it was a good thing to leave out. We did get to see Ziva deny that there was anything going on between her and Tony more than once which is nice. Loved the scene where she confronted Tony about what was going on with him but from what i've read about that scene i thought it would have been even more intense.

Here's an article about what seems to have been put into this weeks episode instead of having it in January:

Michael Weatherly has teased that he has a "romantic" and "painful" scene coming up on NCIS.

The actor told TV Guide that his character Tony DiNozzo will be upset by something in the episode, which is scheduled to air after the winter break.

"We wanted Tony to have no sense of humour for a whole episode," Weatherly explained. "At the end, you realise an awful thing has happened to Tony and he's just responding this way."

Weatherly explained that the situation will lead to a touching scene between DiNozzo and Ziva (Cote de Pablo).

"Ziva confronts Tony about what's going on and it's her insight that allows him to unlock this thing that's got a grip on him," he said. "It's the truest, most romantic and painful scene, and I think it may be my favourite series moment for DiNozzo."

All in all a very good episode, easily one of the best this season. The prank Tony did in the end was a really nice chirstmas touch to have before the winter break.

lynna12000

[6]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 21
    I can understand Ziva and McGee freaking out about humorless Tony. It was VERY strange. Even Gibbs found it odd. The reason for it happening was well done. The prank at the end was funny. Especially since Jerry seemed to be in on it.

Overall, I didn't think this episode was fantastic. It had some good parts, but it didn't really stand out. The storyline was nothing spectacular. I didn't really get a sense that Jerry was in all that much danger. Not to mention, the DA was a bit of a flake. Even if she was right about Jerry. I just hope that the writers don't decide to bring him back.

The storyline continuity was well done. I liked the pictures in Gibbs' house. The mention of the get-well card for Director Vance by Tony was a nice nod to the previous 2 episodes. Especially since Tony and Vance have not been each others biggest fans.

Now I just have to get thru the next month until the next episode. Thank goodness for dvr's and dvd's.

BTRAV

[7]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 27
    Jerry was annoying. I wonder what he said to make Palmer cry...

Dj_Strafer

[8]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 6
    Tony why so serious? Weird seeing him like that.

fringelover

[9]Dec 15, 2010
    Liked the McGee checking Abby out...maybe they will start something again. Ducky was weird too....didn't really get the reason for that.

Great scene for Tony and Ziva.

MsBoonzie

[10]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 10

I love this episode! The Tiva-scene was amazing I wanted to kick the-person-who-walked-in-while-Tony-and-Ziva-had-their-moment's ass! If she/he hadn't walked in, their lips would've touched... :/ I really think that this season is going to be the season Man, I can't wait until the kiss will happen (and it will!)

Anyway, this episode was awesome, I love it when Tony is so weird sometimes And the scene where some guy tells Abby that McGee likes her was needed. We haven't seen anything about McAbby in a long time, so this was great Maybe McAbby will happen this season too?

pgsuperfan

[11]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 25

Abby and Mc Geek interesting !!!

lynna12000

[12]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 21
    fringelover wrote:
    Liked the McGee checking Abby out...maybe they will start something again. Ducky was weird too....didn't really get the reason for that.

Great scene for Tony and Ziva.

I don't doubt that McGee was checking Abby out. He always has. And with the short skirt she was wearing, I'd have been surprised if he hadn't. Abby has been pretty clear that that ship has sailed. She likes McGee, but lust doesn't seem to come into it.

I agree with you on the Ducky thing being weird. His keeping up on technology, i.e. Facebook, makes sense. That's the kind of guy he is. The rest just didn't work for me.

ncis_lover_yo

[13]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 7
    I loved this episode!!!!!!!!!1
    Tony being serious was so weird and scary. I liked it but don't want him like that all the time. Tiva scene was the best!!!!!!! I loved how she said "that's why we love you. aww Last scene was hilarious!!! OMG I was laughing so much! I didn't see it coming and I jumped lol.

BTRAV

[14]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 27

Yeah I love how Ziva's knee-jerk reaction was to point her gun at her computer.

For some reason, I don't think this is the first time this season that McAbby has been brought up by one of the characters.

Edited on 12/16/2010 5:10am

Andrew-R

[15]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 16
    So, this is the famous Tony's-acting-serious episode we've read about in the spoilers thread...

that was weird. I mean a good weird, but still felt like something was missing.. the TIVA moment was nice, but I still have the feeling that the writers are taking every opportunity to divert their relationship instead of just let it grow into something more...
    I'm even starting to have bad gut-feeling about her mysterious Miami friend... we'll see.

Loved Ziva's reaction...

LinaLoN

[16]Dec 17, 2010

There was almost no reason for the "case" at all except to showcase Tony's humorless, seriousness and eventually lead to the Tiva scene. Which it was a good scene the only thing that bugged me was the reason why Tony decided to try to be more serious. I could see if someone he dated once died or committed suicide but the girl checked herself into a Mental Institution. I half expected to hear Tony say Jeanne was found dead or something. Anyway, I'm assuming because Tiva kinda got close in this episode that the following episode down the line will have them fight and pulling apart. The old one step forward, two steps back trap.

tiva_mcabby5

[17]Dec 18, 2010

MsBoonzie wrote:

I love this episode! The Tiva-scene was amazing I wanted to kick the-person-who-walked-in-while-Tony-and-Ziva-had-their-moment's ass! If she/he hadn't walked in, their lips would've touched... :/ I really think that this season is going to be the season Man, I can't wait until the kiss will happen (and it will!)

Anyway, this episode was awesome, I love it when Tony is so weird sometimes And the scene where some guy tells Abby that McGee likes her was needed. We haven't seen anything about McAbby in a long time, so this was great Maybe McAbby will happen this season too?

haha they were THISCLOSE to kissing too! gahh!! still hoped the moment had been more intense...

and when ziva said "that is why we love you," i wanted to scream "I!" when she says "we"

danisj

[18]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 8
    LinaLoN wrote:

There was almost no reason for the "case" at all except to showcase Tony's humorless, seriousness and eventually lead to the Tiva scene. Which it was a good scene the only thing that bugged me was the reason why Tony decided to try to be more serious. I could see if someone he dated once died or committed suicide but the girl checked herself into a Mental Institution. I half expected to hear Tony say Jeanne was found dead or something. Anyway, I'm assuming because Tiva kinda got close in this episode that the following episode down the line will have them fight and pulling apart. The old one step forward, two steps back trap.

Yes, I was expecting it to be for a different reason... His scene with Ziva was good, I loved it, but they've had other conversations in past seasons which I liked better... still, I had to smile at the "that's why we love you"...

danharr

[19]Dec 21, 2010
    • level: 46

Fun episode loved serious Tony and the case was good didn't expect the bad guy to have a change of heart and the surprise at the end was hilarious. Ziva's going to shoot her pc and desk...... Okay and the Mcgee and Abby stuff meh didn't need it.

Ofuda

[20]Dec 25, 2010

I like the "new" and more serious Tony. After season 7 where he seemed to have run amock, this season has been good. He's more serious but not foregoing on humour.

But yes, he was humourless this episode. He did have reason for it though. Sometimes life hits you with a bat, and you can be totally unprepared for what the bat will be.