NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Question and Answer thread: Please ask questions here

scc1fan

[21]May 17, 2006
    • level: 51
    dani917 wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if there is a place on the site for newbies to go and figure out things like signatures, quoting, and what a userbar is. I posted last night for the first time, but other than that I'm basically clueless. Thanks!

dani917

Hi Dani! Welcome to the forum! The link that CanadianAbby gave you is a good one, but if you have any specific questions, ask around here too. We have enough people that know a little--that as a group, we know everything!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gibbslover

[22]May 17, 2006
    • level: 1

Hey guys~ I am also a newbie and I have a question or two- where do you get the poster/ clips/ bits of dialogues and how do you post them to your replies? I apperciate any and all help

Meggie

NCIS_obsessed

[23]May 17, 2006
    • level: 18
    No problem Click Quick Quote or Quote on whatever post you want to take the dialogue from. The text will come up, all you have to do is type under it

dark_hamster

[24]May 17, 2006
    • level: 8
    Yep, like they all said... we know loads here. Plus I can't think of anyone who has EVER been unfriendly to me on this forum when I asked a question (or ever, actually)... and I guess I am a sort-of newbie. I dunno, it's hard to judge yourself like this.

dani917

[25]May 17, 2006
    • level: 10

Thanks! I do have a question. How do you do the pic of yourself, banners, and all the fun stuff in the sigs? I tried what I thought I was supposed to do, but it didn't work. Congrats on becoming the SCC editor by the way! Isn't he great?

Kind of off topic, but definitely a question for you guys...was it ever said for sure why Gibbs and Abby know sign language? I know on CSI Gil signs because his mom is Deaf. I don't remember them saying why for NCIS, but I missed alot of the first season (hooray DVDs!) and as NCISUFN's official interpreter I thought I should know.

Take care!

VanGriffin

[26]May 17, 2006
    CanadianAbby wrote:
    No one knows for certain if Mark is leaving for good. It's one of those "Tune in next season and see" things. I'm clinging to the belief that because the last episode was name 'Hiatus' he will be back.

I agree. Besides losing another key character would kill the show. Everyone was upset when Sasha left, even though she wanted to. I was concerned Cote would fill in well, but the show has been just as enjoyable, if not better. So all actors stay, were all happy, and i'll be watching every episode just like the last 3 years

Abby_forever

[27]May 18, 2006
    • level: 9
    dani917 wrote:

Thanks! I do have a question. How do you do the pic of yourself, banners, and all the fun stuff in the sigs? I tried what I thought I was supposed to do, but it didn't work. Congrats on becoming the SCC editor by the way! Isn't he great?

Kind of off topic, but definitely a question for you guys...was it ever said for sure why Gibbs and Abby know sign language? I know on CSI Gil signs because his mom is Deaf. I don't remember them saying why for NCIS, but I missed alot of the first season (hooray DVDs!) and as NCISUFN's official interpreter I thought I should know.

Take care!

Hey. Are you Dani from Scuttlebutt? Welcome to the tv.com forum. Great people here and friendly bunch. If you have any questions just ask cos there is no official place to get all the tips on how to work this forum but someone knows something and you will never go unanswered.

To put things in your Sig in way of quotes etc, and a pic go to preferences on your ID bar at the top of the screen. Click on boards and under Signature type what you would like for it to say there. As for pics you have to upload a pic to a pic site such as photobucket.com and then copy and paste the link next to [IMG] into the part where you wrote the signature and then save changes, then picture will appear either under or over the sig message. Sounds complicated but it really isn't.

As for the sign language parts, Abby knows cos both of her parents were deaf. However Gibbs didn;t reveal why he learned it when Tony asked him. But he did know Abby was talking about her mother when she simply said her name, and that hints that he has met her. But then again he may have learned it for a non-Gabby reason. We don't know it though.

If you still have trouble with the Sig feel free to visit my thread titled "Abbyforever fanfiction...."(more babbling that i can't remember) and i can go into more detail there.

Abbyforever

dani917

[28]May 18, 2006

Thanks Abbyforever! Now I have some new stuff to try out. My husband thinks I've been abducted by our computer since I found this board yesterday.  And he doesn't get it when I say, "No. That was Rylee." LOL  Normally I'm after HIM for being on the computer too much.

And, no, by the way it wasn't me on Scuttlebutt. Sorry.

Abby_forever

[29]May 18, 2006
    • level: 9
    That's cool. I tend to see names of NCIS fans doubling up in places cos i am registered everywhere.
    And glad i could help. Like i said, if you need anymore assistance, just give us a shout.
    Oh, and i know what you mean about this forum abducting you. It's contageous once you find it here.

Abbyforever

pogfan919

[30]May 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    Abby_forever wrote:
    That's cool. I tend to see names of NCIS fans doubling up in places cos i am registered everywhere.
    And glad i could help. Like i said, if you need anymore assistance, just give us a shout.
    Oh, and i know what you mean about this forum abducting you. It's contageous once you find it here.

Abbyforever

Oh yes, very abducting. Abbyforever, you're the person on IMDB who signs their posts Abbyforever, right?

NCIS_obsessed

[31]May 18, 2006
    That would be her. I don't think she's ever missed signing Abbyforever I too find this forum addicting, as you can see cos i hardly ever miss a day

StwbrryCSI

[32]May 18, 2006
    • level: 4

What a cool idea for a thread.  I'm a little slow in getting around to posting on it, but better late then never.

Mentioned earlier was the signlanguage thing.  The CBS site has a surprisingly lot of info on the older characters (anyone who was in the S1 opening credits).  And Pauly's blog is really cool to read.  My fave is to read Gibbs profile.

Oh, random question, dose anyone know of a really good independant NCIS site?

dark_hamster

[33]May 18, 2006
    Ah.. I ersonally don't use it (because I really don't have the time) but I've looked around a bit.. the NCIS Special Ops Board is really cool. Here's the link: http://ncisspecialops.proboards29.com/

dani917

[34]May 18, 2006

Hi,

Me again. I tried to add a picture to my signature, but when I saved the link from photobucket into the sig then posted, all I got was the text of the URL not an actual picture. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

Dani

dark_hamster

[35]May 18, 2006
    ya gotta put in [img] and [/img] tags. Took me a while to figure THAT one out.

dani917

[36]May 18, 2006
    ThankyouThankyouThankyou! It works.

Bright_Eyes_05

[37]May 18, 2006

My dad recently bought the DVD set of the West Wing and I was wondering if someone could tell me what season and eps Mark Harmon was in so I don't have to go thru the whole series lol - maybe I will later but not now.

dani917

[38]May 18, 2006

He was in season 3 in episodes:

- Posse Comitatus
        - We Killed Yamamoto
        - The Black Vera Wang
        - Enemies Foreign and Domestic

I think those are in reverse order though. It was a great role. I'm sad they didn't leave him on the show longer, but it worked out best for us, didn't it? Happy watching.

Bright_Eyes_05

[39]May 18, 2006

Thank you so much for that, I've heard he was really good in it. It was good for us, especially seeing he may not have been cast for NCIS if it wasn't for his role in The West Wing. Apparently DPB didn't think he was right for the role until he saw him in The West Wing and he thought "That's Gibbs" or something like that, I can't remember where I read or heard that, it's been in a couple of interviews and the like though so I've probably heard it a few times lol.

I'm going to watch it tonight and then watch an ep of NCIS lol.

N102

[40]May 19, 2006
    [QUOTE="Abby_forever
    Hey. Are you Dani from Scuttlebutt? Welcome to the tv.com forum. Great people here and friendly bunch. If you have any questions just ask cos there is no official place to get all the tips on how to work this forum but someone knows something and you will never go unanswered.

Abbyforever
    [/QUOTE]
    Actually,I'm dani from from Scuttlebutt-nice to met you again,Abby! I will try to read all of your stories,but that will take time-they are sooo many!