NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

"Shabbat Shalom" discussion

LovesZiva

[1]Jan 8, 2013
    • level: 5

:
    The NCIS team investigates the case involving a Navy petty officer and a dead journalist. Meanwhile, Ziva is shocked when her father pays her a visit.

Discuss.

Edited on 01/08/2013 5:49pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[2]Jan 8, 2013
    • level: 41
    I will have more after the shock wears off but... Oh My God! What the.... *hands shake* *leaves obxers of tissues for everyone* And brave freaking O for the promos. Amazing episode. Just dont want to be the first to spoil.

LovesZiva

[3]Jan 8, 2013

Wow. Just wow..... Whenever Eli is involved, it is always a good episode. Poor Ziva.... Seriously.... Ever since season 6, they have been sending her through emotional hell. I don't know who to feel worse for Ziva or Vance. You feel for both don't get me wrong, but given Ziva's roller coaster I have to feel worse for her....

BTRAV

[4]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 27
    Seems like Vance's marriage was starting to be in trouble too, but still....did not see that coming. I figured Eli would be on his way out, but this....this just isn't fair to either of them. The only thing that makes it worse is the real life gun violence in this country (although this episode was obviously about a deliberate act).

LovesZiva

[5]Jan 9, 2013

Bold prediction:

It was Israel/Mossad who had Eli killed. Knew political pressure from the US due to Vance would keep Eli, knew Eli was meeting the Iranian spy, and saw a win/win. Remove Eli from Mossad and more political backing in its efforts against Iran.

That prediction may not be even close to what happened, but having that Iranian spy be involved is too easy. There is a swerve in here( or has to be). Seeing how NCIS has painted Israel/Mossad in a bad light somewhat( through Eli's actions), it's not out of the question of Israel/Mossad( a bad guy) to do.

Edited on 01/09/2013 10:50am

Dec1964

[6]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 33

Was Vance's wife just collateral damage at the end, imagine if Ziva didn't walk out.

tonyandzivafan

[7]Jan 9, 2013
    LovesZiva wrote:

Wow. Just wow..... Whenever Eli is involved, it is always a good episode. Poor Ziva.... Seriously.... Ever since season 6, they have been sending her through emotional hell. I don't know who to feel worse for Ziva or Vance. You feel for both don't get me wrong, but given Ziva's roller coaster I have to feel worse for her....

I feel worse for Ziva between Vance and her. But mostly I feel really bad for is Vance's kids. And thankful they were there. It was brought up what if Ziva didnt leave the house. Imagine if the kids were there. I don't the TPTB for this show would have them killed but even to be there would be just beyond horrible.

While I agree Ziva has had quite a roller coaster since season 6 (and not just issues with her father), he is the reason I feel for her the most. Vance might have been not doing great with his wife, but they clearly loved each other and if she wasn't killed I don't doubt things would have been ok (despite the obvious tension between them in this episode). Any loss is horrible no matter the circumstances but for her to start to believe in him only to learn the truth and strom out b/c your mad and never be able to finish that conversation. Bones fans might understand this: Even if Director David was arrested and put lets say in American prison. There would then be a chance for something better bettwn him and Ziva. Maybe not. But its the never knowing that to me at least is what hurts/ kills the most.

In all honestly while I figured Director David was going to die, I thought Kazmi (Directors once enemy and possibly friend now) was going to die too. At the hands of Eli himself. While I truly believe he is behind it the shooting, I dont know if I'd be ok with Mossad being behind it. Time will tell.

Ps~ Is everyone still in shock or don't most people post in episode thread any more?

BTRAV

[8]Jan 10, 2013
    No, there hasn't been much turnout for the past few episodes.
    Eli getting offed by Mossad? Sort of brings to mind how Rene Benoit got killed....which makes me wonder what else went on in Israel besides Cruz failing to complete his mission.

LovesZiva

[9]Jan 10, 2013

BTRAV wrote:
    No, there hasn't been much turnout for the past few episodes. Eli getting offed by Mossad? Sort of brings to mind how Rene Benoit got killed....which makes me wonder what else went on in Israel besides Cruz failing to complete his mission.

I think that whole, " Kort in Israel" storyline was dropped, but would be interesting if they picked it back up for this situation.

Maybe I am reading too much into the assassins words of how he expected Ziva to check on Eli, but does anyone else think maybe he had orders to not kill Ziva and wait until she was not around? Maybe it was the CIA/Kort/Ray behind it( who would want to protect Ziva?)......

Ingelief

[10]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 7

wow what a episode.. but why kill the wife? thats so sad for vence... And so not necessery... Zivas father after what she said that would be so hard for her.. she left in a fight and then he died..

what will happen next???? Any idea? I loved ziva gibbs in the elevator scene.

tonyandzivafan

[11]Jan 10, 2013
    I dont think Ray or Kort is in anyway involved. I dont think it goes that deep. And this may sound like an odd question but why the 'who would protect Ziva? Killing her father no matter how great his sins may be, to me at least doesn't warrant killing him.

I think the Directors wife was collateral damage. That said I don't think anyone was supposed to make it out of there alive (except for the possiblitiy of Ziva).

While I honestly dont know what will happen (I can guess though)... question for you all to ponder: the gunman when Ziva and Gibbs found him said, "A man with one last job to do." What do you think he meant? Was is is putting that poisonous cigarette in his mouth and dying? Or will there be more to it?

I ask this b/c if you all remember Kerr Smith's Jonas Cobb getting caught only to kidnap EJ and Palmer. So was the intent of the shooter killing himself b/c he didnt want to endure interrogation and consequencs, etc. or part of some greater plan like Cobb had?

PS~ I do want to also thank the writers for mentioning Probie Agent Ned Dorneget name. I might have been the only one but I had wondered if he died in the bombing or left the agency due to injury. So while we didnt get to see him, thanks for the mention. *gives Dorneget a 'squg'*

danharr

[12]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 45

So we're doing season finale stuff to welcome the shows return I like it hope to see more in the future. Wasn't surprised by Eli dying but Vances wife that will add more dimension to the up coming fight. Gibbs waiting to see if he was going to witness a man lose his wife like he did was rough.

LovesZiva

[13]Jan 10, 2013

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I dont think Ray or Kort is in anyway involved. I dont think it goes that deep. And this may sound like an odd question but why the 'who would protect Ziva? Killing her father no matter how great his sins may be, to me at least doesn't warrant killing him.

I didn't mean killing Eli as a way to protect Ziva, but someone who wanted Eli killed, but wanted to make sure Ziva wouldn't be killed.

I'm sure though I am reading too much into that comment. Just he didn't expect her to chase after him. Not that he had orders to make sure she wouldn't be killed...

BTRAV

[14]Jan 11, 2013
    I don't like loose ends. Hopefully we get all the answers next week.

jubilant1

[15]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 1
    It would seem that Schmeel is involved and he probably would not want Ziva hurt.
    Looking forward to next week, Ziva back to her old tough self and this time with the team backing her up.

LovesZiva

[16]Jan 11, 2013

According to the cast for "Shiva", the deputy director of Mossad will show up and we will see a 13 year old Ziva and a younger Eli.

lynna12000

[17]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 21
    I'm not surprised that Eli was killed off; in light of the actors' legal troubles earlier this year. I am surprised, and saddened that Jackie was killed off. She will be missed.

I've never been able to like, or trust Eli. This is a man who deliberately went about creating a double agent (Ari), and when that didn't go as planned, set his daughter to kill him. What sort of man plans for one of his children to kill another. Don't get me wrong, Ari needed to be stopped. It just didn't have to be Ziva that did it.

Redemption? Doubtful. I'd say it was more of a case of covering past mistakes.

LovesZiva

[18]Jan 12, 2013

lynna12000 wrote:
    I'm not surprised that Eli was killed off; in light of the actors' legal troubles earlier this year. I am surprised, and saddened that Jackie was killed off. She will be missed. I've never been able to like, or trust Eli. This is a man who deliberately went about creating a double agent (Ari), and when that didn't go as planned, set his daughter to kill him. What sort of man plans for one of his children to kill another. Don't get me wrong, Ari needed to be stopped. It just didn't have to be Ziva that did it. Redemption? Doubtful. I'd say it was more of a case of covering past mistakes.

Ziva volunteered for the mission. She believed Ari to be innocent and didn't want Eli's drones to blindly follow his order.

tonyandzivafan

[19]Jan 12, 2013
    LovesZiva wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    I'm not surprised that Eli was killed off; in light of the actors' legal troubles earlier this year. I am surprised, and saddened that Jackie was killed off. She will be missed. I've never been able to like, or trust Eli. This is a man who deliberately went about creating a double agent (Ari), and when that didn't go as planned, set his daughter to kill him. What sort of man plans for one of his children to kill another. Don't get me wrong, Ari needed to be stopped. It just didn't have to be Ziva that did it. Redemption? Doubtful. I'd say it was more of a case of covering past mistakes.

Ziva volunteered for the mission. She believed Ari to be innocent and didn't want Eli's drones to blindly follow his order.

Very true and good memory but... While I agree that I didn't trust Eli (though wanted a tiny bit for Ziva) I have to counter argue despite Ziva volunteering. There is no doubt in my mind Eli knew what Ari did and volunteer or not he could he said you are too close and signed a 'drone'.

And new question: While I wished it be the director killed vs his wife, why wasnt he hit at all? Not even a graze? I realize its totally possible that in a hail of gunfire one won't even get grazed but that is pure luck?

Also (this just popped into my head): based on what I said why couldnt Eli get far. Where he was found to my memory and from the table he couldnt move fast enough?

Finally, why in the world did Eli trust Kazmi in the way that he did. Minus Vance's wife dying, are we sure Eli's death was a murder? Crazy I know but has to ask.

dalilone

[20]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 29
    The Ziva/Gibbs elevator scene was perfect!

Thinking/hoping that Vance's wife isn't really dead... I saw Eli getting killed off from a mile away, but I thought surely they wouldn't also take out Vance's wife?! Poor Vance