NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

"Shiva" discussion

LovesZiva

[1]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 5

:
    An investigation hits close to home and gets personal as the NCIS team seeks answers and demands justice.

Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LovesZiva

[2]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 5

I never find the investigative episode as exciting/good as the first episode. This episode didn't answer many questions. The swerve wasn't that big either. I somewhat predicted Mossad being involved, but another rogue agent( this time deputy director....)? Why did he all of a sudden leave and not go for Ziva? Saw the Iranian's death coming as soon as they had him in the directors office in the dark with that kind of lighting. Though surprised it wasn't mentioned after it happened. I think Vance is safe as staying on as director because they would never make the deputy director as his replacement. He is so spineless......

I think we have our season finale with bringing this person in or will lead into it.

Overall, I loved Ziva and Tony in this. What did Tony say to Ziva in hebrew at the end?

We have another two weeks to wait for new episodes again.....

Edited on 01/15/2013 6:17pm

Tsumiena

[3]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 3
    LovesZiva wrote:

Overall, I loved Ziva and Tony in this. What did Tony say to Ziva in hebrew at the end?

Huzzah internet research. It seems he said ' aht lo lehvahd'. It is a phrase in Jewish mourning meaning 'You are not alone (in your grief)' How sweet- and culturally sensitive ; ) The shipper in me was kind of hoping he had said I love you, but not appropriate timing. Ah well.

Charlie183

[4]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 17
    Tsumiena wrote:

Huzzah internet research. It seems he said ' aht lo lehvahd'. It is a phrase in Jewish mourning meaning 'You are not alone (in your grief)' How sweet- and culturally sensitive ; ) The shipper in me was kind of hoping he had said I love you, but not appropriate timing. Ah well.

Thanks for the translation. I was looking up 'I love you' in Hebrew after that - hoping. I thought that moment was just terrific.

BTRAV

[5]Jan 17, 2013
    • level: 27
    So...does the team know that the car got blown up or not? Maybe next time they'll address it. Or not. This is NCIS where nothing gets resolved right away and answers only lead to more questions.

danharr

[6]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 45

The resolution was not as good as the build up and no tension since we knew the Iranian was going to die, Ziva will be back, and Mossad was involved.

ashtray4241

[7]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 7
    I think that it would have been more powerful funeral scene if they had addressed the Iranian's death and shown even his funeral (by his family) in parallel to Eli David and Jackie..More like a parallel between different religions/regions where many things maybe different, but ultimately everything is the same...