NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Tate or Tiva ?

sara_fan

[1]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 1
    Which of these combinations do you like the best : Kate and Tony or Tony and Ziva.
    I'm a real Tate fan because I think their differences attracted them to each other and the fact that Kate tries to deny she's in love with Tony in Twilight is so cute. I don't know if you've noticed but in season 1, Kate was a lot more classy and she starts to loosen up after she's spent a year with Tony. I think she loved him unconsciously despite all his flaws because he made her live. He was able to stay positive even in th worst situations. I liked it that Tony was teasing Kate all the time, eavesdropping on her and all because it really made the show exciting, showing how much bored Kate must have been when he was intruding her privacy. But actually, I think the only reason she reproaches him his one-night-stands and all was because she was jealous of those girls. And she pretends he's immature but she's as well. Otherwise, would she have joined in the food fight and argued about a tuna fish sandwich ?
    I mean, the sweetest was in SWAK off course, when she pretended she was infected because she couldn't admit to herself that she needed him so bad ! We see all her relationship with Tony evolve and it's obviously very cute because the couple would complete each other.
    I'm not especially against Tiva, I just think they're too much alike to be a couple and now that Kate's gone, I really really really miss Kate .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sara_fan

[2]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 1
    I wanted to precise that I would like you to justify your choice

Chamita

[3]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 11

tiva all the way

no1bean

[4]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 42

TATE FOREVER!!!!!!

the only reason tiva could happen is because Kate is dead. she will always be his first and foremost

Mrs_McGee

[5]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 13
    no1bean wrote:

TATE FOREVER!!!!!!

the only reason tiva could happen is because Kate is dead. she will always be his first and foremost

Oh thats so true!

BeautifulDay13

[6]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 14
    Tate!!!!!!! lol i'm kinda surprised Dalilone hasn't visited this thread. Tate just rocks. So what if she's dead...we can still dream right?

Kate_todd

[7]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 3
    For me Tiva is better....

Tony and Ziva and
    Kate and Gibbs........

flippy325

[8]Dec 6, 2006

I'm a Tate fan. But I still I kinda think Tiva as well, but more Tate though. Actually Tiva, no...Tate. I'm confused.

No, I'm a Tate. 

NCISnl

[9]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    Mrs_McGee wrote:
    no1bean wrote:

TATE FOREVER!!!!!!

Oh thats so true!

def. all the way!!!
    Ziva just gotta find someone OUTside the team....!

N102

[10]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 18
    IF I have to choose,I will choose Tiva.Not because I hate or don't love Kate/Tony that much-I can't simply can't see these 2 together in the real world.Yes,they are funny and cute-like the children in the high shool.I can understand why all of you love them,because I love them too-but for me that kind of reletionship is appropriate for people 14-20 years old,not for 2 grown people. T/K reletionship very often reminds me of my students,because for me Kate and Tony are like teenagers-sometimes Kate call"Gibbs" like "Mom,please, save me!!!" Outside of their sexual remarks they act like brother and sister or best friends.I can definitely see the chemistry, but their flirting seems more just like...playful. Like it would never go anywhere, it's more of something that I would just do with my male friends. For me Tony and Kate were an uneven match: she was too serious for him and he was too promiscuous for her.But I can understand why most of you love them together-you are very young and /in my opinion/ you just love to act that way, that's the reletionship ,which you prefer to happen to you./maybe/About "SWAK":I can see a little progress in their reletionship,but if you tell me the fact Kate said she was sick only to stay with Tony ,is proof that they are in love,,I will respectfully disagree.If I was in Kate position I would stay too-that's a human nature-will you leave a friend in danger?But maybe it's just me

About Tony/Ziva.... I've noticed that when Kate was around, Tony was able to get away with bullying her a bit because she was always disturbed by his perversions. With Ziva, he's actually been thrown off his game because she's worse than he is, and rather than flaunting his own vices, he seems much more interested in finding out all of hers. And she knows it.While Tony and Kate's relationship was one in which Tony would say things and Kate would get all shocked and baffled, Ziva is often the one to shock Tony.Her comments back to him seem to be more biting than Kate's ever were.I love that Ziva hits back at Tony. Kate was always too uptight and professional to actually put DiNozzo in his place. But Ziva not only accepts his comments but she throws in comments that leave him speechless or shocked. That relationship is far more equal for me. To me Ziva and Tony balance each other out pretty well, they both come on strong but have shown that they have a softer side, and we've seen Ziva checking Tony out a few times, at least once when he's had his shirt off in front of her.

PS:/possible spoiler/ TPTB were clear that they didn't want that UST stuff going on,that's why I think that neither Kate and Tony or Ziva and Tony would have gotten together in the course of the show. If you notice,Gibbs new love interest IS NOT the main character,Tony's new gilfriend too-they can become something more,but I think that is not going to happend.I think DPB likes to mess with us by laying down little things that can be interpreted as ship, but are actually close friendship and maybe a bit of chemistry, with exception to the whole McGee/Abby thing.

Just one thing- that's my thoughts-I don't want to hurt your feelings.If I did that ,I'm deeply sorry.

dalilone

[11]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 29

BeautifulDay13 wrote:
    Tate!!!!!!! lol i'm kinda surprised Dalilone hasn't visited this thread. Tate just rocks. So what if she's dead...we can still dream right?

i'm here.. my excuse? i've been without internet for the week travelling.

and yes tate rocks.. it is love...

i dont personally like tiva at all.. mainly because i'm a die hard tate fan...

why exactly i like tate... coz they look awesome together, the work together brilliantly... there are so many scenes just bursting with tateness. or maybe i'm just biased.

and yes you're absolutely right... girl can dream.

i   l o v e   t a t e

Edited on 12/06/2006 10:22pm

no1bean

[12]Dec 17, 2006
    i'm with you dalilone

BeautifulDay13

[13]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 14
    Yep. Tate rocks. Though after watching S4 I can understand why people like Tiva. That is not to say I like it, but I can now understand why people ship it.

Mrs_McGee

[14]Dec 19, 2006
    BeautifulDay13 wrote:
    Yep. Tate rocks. Though after watching S4 I can understand why people like Tiva. That is not to say I like it, but I can now understand why people ship it.

yeah i know what you mean

GimmieTimmy

[15]Dec 19, 2006

I have been rewatching season 1 and I have to say that I thought Tate all the way but I see now that Kate is far to kind hearted for Tony and he would no doubt break her heart. I did to my shock notice a few Kibbs sparks that I wasnt expecting! I dont know everyonr is so different in season 1.

I think Tony and Ziva would be better together because they are very passionate people and I think sexually and socially they would click better because she isnt a clingy gotta have attention kinda woman she is more of a Shag with no strings attached kinds lover that Tony could grow to love.

N102

[16]Dec 19, 2006
    GimmieTimmy wrote:

I did to my shock notice a few Kibbs sparks that I wasnt expecting! I dont know everyonr is so different in season 1.

Actually, S1 has more Kibbs than Gabby or Tate moments/in my opinion/.Yes,in S1 everyone are different than S2,3 or 4.Kate seemed very different as a Secret Service Agent to when she is in NCIS.I liked Kate a lot in YW and there I saw her like a woman, who has a brain AND a body and I liked the fact there was a hurt little girl underneath. In YW and almost in all S1 she was confident of herself, even stood up to Gibbs,but after that .....In S2 she had her moments as profiler, as a detective working a crime scene she just wasn't Kate from S1.And instead of standing up at least to Tony she went into an adolescent rivalry with him that was just pathetic in my opinion. It's not like I did't loved her-I liked her teasing with Tony very much,but in S2 she is ...well... different.

Mrs_McGee

[17]Dec 19, 2006
    It is probably because from teh start Kate was aa big character and Gibbs was the other as they did not show the Jag spinoff double eppisodes.

Kate_todd

[18]Dec 20, 2006
    N102 wrote:
    GimmieTimmy wrote:

I did to my shock notice a few Kibbs sparks that I wasnt expecting! I dont know everyonr is so different in season 1.

Actually, S1 has more Kibbs than Gabby or Tate moments/in my opinion/.Yes,in S1 everyone are different than S2,3 or 4.Kate seemed very different as a Secret Service Agent to when she is in NCIS.I liked Kate a lot in YW and there I saw her like a woman, who has a brain AND a body and I liked the fact there was a hurt little girl underneath. In YW and almost in all S1 she was confident of herself, even stood up to Gibbs,but after that .....In S2 she had her moments as profiler, as a detective working a crime scene she just wasn't Kate from S1.And instead of standing up at least to Tony she went into an adolescent rivalry with him that was just pathetic in my opinion. It's not like I did't loved her-I liked her teasing with Tony very much,but in S2 she is ...well... different.

That's Right.... Me too prefer Kate in the 1 ST.

I think that if Kate had not gone away from the show to the third season the things would have been different:

for me:

Kate and Gibbs:  together !!!!!!

no1bean

[19]Dec 21, 2006
    no way, tate forever

N102

[20]Dec 21, 2006
    Sometimes I think DPB likes to mess with us by laying down little things that can be interpreted as ship, but are actually close friendship and maybe a bit of chemistry, with exception to the whole McGee/Abby thing.EVIL person!