NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

The ages of the NCIS team?

  • Avatar of Knightmare10880

    Knightmare10880

    [1]Nov 6, 2009
    • member since: 09/28/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    Okay the other day I was watching NCIS with my brother and the epsiode at the time was "Ravenous" were Abby thinks Gibbs forgot her birthday and it was at the scene where Gibbs tells Abby "and I remember how old you are" and Abby tells him to forget about that. I said aloud that I wondered if that was an inside joke to the fans. He asked what I mean I mentioned that Pauley Perrette was 40 and he said "really" so it got me to thinking what are the ages of the NCIS team, not the actores real ages, but the ages of the members of Team Gibbs, so what I did was do some research using what is known about the characters as well as the actual ages of the actors that play them and here is what I came up with

    Leroy Jethro Gibbs - I think Gibbs is between 57-62, Mark Harmon is 58 and that seems about right for someone with Gibbs background.

    Anthony DiNozzo - Micheal Weatherly is listed as being 41, but think Tony is porbably 37-39

    Ziva David - Cote Da Pablo is 29 and think that sounds just about right for Ziva, although Ziva's life expirences and the way Cote carries herself at time makes her seem older.

    Tim McGee - Sean Murray is listed at being 31 and I think that is probably 31-34, putting him in the perfect range to be Tony's "little brother"

    Abby Sciuto - Pauley Perrete is listd at being 40, I think that might be too old for Abby I think Abby is around 36-39.

    Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard - David McCallum is listed as being 76, but I kinda think Ducky might be a year or two younger than that.

    So what do you guys think?Am I close or totally off base?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CRaivios

    CRaivios

    [2]Nov 6, 2009
    • member since: 05/21/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,543
    Knightmare10880 wrote:
    Okay the other day I was watching NCIS with my brother and the epsiode at the time was "Ravenous" were Abby thinks Gibbs forgot her birthday and it was at the scene where Gibbs tells Abby "and I remember how old you are" and Abby tells him to forget about that. I said aloud that I wondered if that was an inside joke to the fans. He asked what I mean I mentioned that Pauley Perrette was 40 and he said "really" so it got me to thinking what are the ages of the NCIS team, not the actores real ages, but the ages of the members of Team Gibbs, so what I did was do some research using what is known about the characters as well as the actual ages of the actors that play them and here is what I came up with

    Leroy Jethro Gibbs - I think Gibbs is between 57-62, Mark Harmon is 58 and that seems about right for someone with Gibbs background.

    Anthony DiNozzo - Micheal Weatherly is listed as being 41, but think Tony is porbably 37-39

    Ziva David - Cote Da Pablo is 29 and think that sounds just about right for Ziva, although Ziva's life expirences and the way Cote carries herself at time makes her seem older.

    Tim McGee - Sean Murray is listed at being 31 and I think that is probably 31-34, putting him in the perfect range to be Tony's "little brother"

    Abby Sciuto - Pauley Perrete is listed at being 40, I think that might be too old for Abby I think Abby is around 36-39.

    Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard - David McCallum is listed as being 76, but I kinda think Ducky might be a year or two younger than that.

    So what do you guys think? Am I close or totally off base?

    I think your guesses are pretty much on the mark.

    Mark Harmon is 58. However, Gibbs left his hometown on the Bicentennial, July 1976 and met Shannon while waiting for the train in Heartland last season. (Why has Ralph Waite not come back?) That makes Jethro 51. There is a mandatory retirement of 60 in the military. I am not sure what kind of regulations there are for the federal employees, but CBS wants to make sure that there is no conflict and our favorite Gunny can work as long as the show continues.

    I definitely picture Tony being under 40, Tim being in his 30's and Ziva as being under 30. It is hard to tell with Abby.

    There is no way the PTB can make Ducky can be as old as David

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cilvi127

    cilvi127

    [3]Nov 9, 2009
    • member since: 01/06/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 221
    Kate mentioned that Tony was 34 during a episode in season 2 so now he must be 38.. i think he is the only one whose age is known to us..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deannie93

    deannie93

    [4]Nov 13, 2009
    • member since: 08/25/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 338

    wow, you've really done your research!. this little thread has just made my day! it is just really interesting and perculiar in a good way!

    well done!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hadapurpura

    hadapurpura

    [5]Nov 25, 2009
    • member since: 05/20/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 16

    In Ziva's application in 7x04, she listed as being born in ??/12/1982, making her between 26 and 27 years old. In Random On Purpose, the Abby episode, Abby's referred to as being in her "late twenties", which was hinted at in the Teddy Bear episode of last season, when she told Gibbs her dad spent 2 hours buying her a Tedy bear on Black Friday of 1989, whic indicates she was a child at the time. I know, retcon party, but that's as close as canon as it gets.

    So basically:

    Tony: 38-39

    Gibbs: 51-52

    Ziva: 26-27

    Abby: Late twenties

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Austinn01

    Austinn01

    [6]Nov 25, 2009
    • member since: 05/04/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50

    In my opinon Ziva should be a little older then 26 or 27, I mean they make her character go through so much.

    Heres how I see them.

    Gibbs: 50-52

    Tony: 37-38

    McGee: 30-34

    Ziva: 30-35

    Abby: 28-34

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of elvenhome

    elvenhome

    [7]Nov 25, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 406

    There is absolutely no way Abby is in her late twenties. She would have been 21 or 22 when she got her undergrad degree... doesn't she have a masters AND a phD? Anyways, she would be about 27 when she got her graduate degree, and she's been working at NCIS since before Tony, who has been there 9 years. So she is 37 at the very least.

    Abby has a stuffed hippo that farts, so I can definitely see her wanting a teddy bear for Christmas even as an adult.

    And yeah, Ziva should be older then 26 too. Otherwise, she would have been 22 when she started at NCIS (which is how old I am now). Just doesn't seem right. I see her as being around 30.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NCIS_obsessed

    NCIS_obsessed

    [8]Dec 2, 2009
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 4,907
    elvenhome wrote:

    There is absolutely no way Abby is in her late twenties. She would have been 21 or 22 when she got her undergrad degree... doesn't she have a masters AND a phD? Anyways, she would be about 27 when she got her graduate degree, and she's been working at NCIS since before Tony, who has been there 9 years. So she is 37 at the very least.

    Abby has a stuffed hippo that farts, so I can definitely see her wanting a teddy bear for Christmas even as an adult.

    And yeah, Ziva should be older then 26 too. Otherwise, she would have been 22 when she started at NCIS (which is how old I am now). Just doesn't seem right. I see her as being around 30.



    Actually, I believe that Abby is in her late 20's. I remember reading something on the CBS site when NCIS first came out about how quickly she went through school so her estimated age of 27-29 does make sense. I think I also read somewhere that she is supposed to be about 28. I don't remember where though.

    Austinn01 wrote:

    In my opinon Ziva should be a little older then 26 or 27, I mean they make her character go through so much.

    Heres how I see them.

    Gibbs: 50-52

    Tony: 37-38

    McGee: 30-34

    Ziva: 30-35

    Abby: 28-34



    Exactly what I was thinking
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amazing_race

    amazing_race

    [9]Dec 10, 2009
    • member since: 04/01/07
    • level: 54
    • rank: Prison Warden
    • posts: 6,195

    This is great job calculating!

    Does anybody know the dates of birth of the characters? Are they ever mentioned throughout the show?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of elvenhome

    elvenhome

    [10]Dec 11, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 406
    Abby is smart but she's not Einstein. In order for her to be 28 now, she would have been, at most, 18 when she started at NCIS. Which means she would have gotten her PhD when she was 18, if she got the job right after graduating. There is no way I will ever believe that she skipped TEN YEARS of schooling. I think the writers of NCIS:LA just guessed an age without bothering to do any research.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bellagirl_008

    bellagirl_008

    [11]Jan 17, 2010
    • member since: 02/24/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 393
    well now we know tony's exact age in season 2 kate says tony is 34 and Gibbs this episode makes reference to swak in season 2 and he says it was four years ago making tony 38
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of soccernerd9624

    soccernerd9624

    [12]Jan 23, 2010
    • member since: 07/31/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 48
    I've seen it this way:

    Gibbs - mid-50's
    Tony - Early 40's
    Abby - late 30's or early 40's (Tony's age)
    McGee - Early 30's
    Ziva - Early 30's (McGee's Age)
    Ducky - 60's
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bellagirl_008

    bellagirl_008

    [13]Jan 25, 2010
    • member since: 02/24/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 393
    the others are about right but tony's only 38
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.