NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Who shot & killed La Grenouille aka The Frog?

tonyandzivafan

[1]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 41

This thread is to discuss the possibilities of who shot & killed La Grenouille aka The Frog? And don't forget why?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mcabbyforever

[2]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 15
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

This thread is to discuss the possibilities of who shot & killed La Grenouille aka The Frog? And don't forget why?

wow, um he was in the water and the only people around were the team minus DiNozzo I think it'd be cool if it were DiNozzo as revenge, it was the frogs fault he screwed up Tony and Jeannes relationship

Clfuller

[3]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 14
    No, Tony wouldn't do that. He genuinely cares about Jeanne, and wouldn't do that to her, not to mention the fact that Tony has much higher morals than to just kill a guy in anger like that.

I seem to remember someone (an agency? a gang?) out to get The Frog, and Gibbs mentioned to Jenny that if she sent him out, he'd end up dead. At this point that's my theory. At the time I wondered if Jenny did it, but I don't think so. If she had, I think it would have come up again, but things have pretty much gone back to normal, almost as if we're picking up where S3 (minus Hiatus) left off. ...but all this is just my speculation.

Gibozzo

[5]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 22
    Clfuller wrote:
    No, Tony wouldn't do that. He genuinely cares about Jeanne, and wouldn't do that to her, not to mention the fact that Tony has much higher morals than to just kill a guy in anger like that.

I seem to remember someone (an agency? a gang?) out to get The Frog, and Gibbs mentioned to Jenny that if she sent him out, he'd end up dead. At this point that's my theory. At the time I wondered if Jenny did it, but I don't think so. If she had, I think it would have come up again, but things have pretty much gone back to normal, almost as if we're picking up where S3 (minus Hiatus) left off. ...but all this is just my speculation.

Totally agree.

M-W-S-A-T-D-K-T

[6]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 12
    To be honest, as I was watching season 5, I gradually forgot all about him. I have no clue who killed him, but I'm assuming that the why had something to do with the buisness he was in.

MrAndree

[7]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 19
    I am sure it wasn't anybody from the team /not even Jenny/.

Cold_Ember

[8]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 9

I think that we're probably meant to assume that it was the CIA because if they were planning on making a larger plot line of it they probably would have done so already. They have to know that unless they do it within a few eps people are going to loose interest. I know that I no longer give a crap. But they really probably should have given the story some more time. it all felt very rushed and half explained to me. The thing with jenny's father was never actually explained, who blew up Tony's car was never completely hashed out and obviously the whole thing with the frog. They should have had either a two hour or two part premier. Everything was half explained and after the set up they did in s4 it could have been an awesome story line. IMO, both NUMB3RS and NCIS had very similar story lines at the end of last year (undercover agent on the team, basically) and while NUMB3RS has delved into the characters' feelingsandhow it changed the team dynamics and everything, NCIS was just like yup it happened. Moving on. Usually NCIS does a great job of showing how things affect characters, but I kind of fell like this year the lines are more interchangeable if you know what I mean. Like basically any one of the characters could have said it and it used to be that when you heard a line you could immediately have a really good idea of who said it. We've gotten some development with Gibbs on the Shannon and Kelly front, but nothing much on Tony, which considering the story line is kinda dumb. I just think that they had a story line with really great potential and they just completely screwed it up. the thing with jenny's father being alive, especially was just not necessary and only served to complicated the already Aliasworthy story line further. And then we never got an explanation or anything and nothing ever came from it. I just think it wasn't well thought out.

So basically what I'm saying is that either they probably want us to believe that the CIA killed him or they just have no clue either.

LiLmIsSpOkAdOt

[9]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 8

I agree that CIA probably did it, Le Frog was their asset, no way were they going to let him walk away... but why when he wanted 'out' did he go to Jenny? he is not stupid he must of known that Jenny thought he had killed her father and she is the head of a federal agancy her loyalties are to her job... so why did he think Jen was his only hope?

I think they should continue the story on Jen dad though, maybe it was messed up before but i would still like it to come to some kind of conclusion.. plus i would like some Jenny background, help us understand thing about her, like why she is so loyal to her father? etc...

Edited on 12/21/2007 9:58am

CaffeineGibbs

[11]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 10
    Assuming it *was* indeed the Frog and not someone else... we've not seen the face of whoever was floating in the water. just the clothes, build and etc, and those don't necessarily mean straight away it was the same guy...

if it was him, maybe he offed himself...? I probably need to re-watch that episode as it's been a while sicne i've seen it; but do we actually see bullet holes and etc? All I remember is the body floating face down. but i might not be remembering the details right.

Clfuller

[12]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 14
    They did show his face - with a bullet in the head.

jcmjagfan

[13]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 17

1. Someonewas killing the largest International Arms Dealers and their families.

2. LeG thought the bomb was intended to kill Jeanne. (Tony always picked her up after her shift.)

3. LeG didn't go to the CIA because he was wanting to get OUT of the business. He wasonly useful to the CIAas long as he was IN the business.So he went to Shepard, hoping he could trade her more info for protection.

4. I think whoever was taking out the arms dealers killed LeG.

My personal theory about the Dealer-Killer:
    Kort has gone over to the Darkside. He's whacking them so he can take over their operations.Kort set the bomb, because he was afraid that Tony would figure out what he's up to.

Gibozzo

[14]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 22
    Gibbs is like a dog with a bone. Why would he let this case go so easily? One of his Agents was almost killed.

LiLmIsSpOkAdOt

[15]Dec 21, 2007
    Kort always did seem to be loving his criminal job/appearance way too much... did LeG know Kort was CIA? if LeG did want out and protection, why did he go to NCIS, why could they help more than anyother? ... I wonder if we will get some huge relvalation about all this when the new episodes start.. like they will give alot of the answers in one or two episodes...

CaffeineGibbs

[16]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    Clfuller wrote:

Ah...my bad. I seem to remember just his body floating out in the water, but not the face. Still he could've offed himself to protect Jeanne, since Jenny refused to help and people are after him. Could've been Kort. but what reason would he have? Jenny seems to be the obvious choice, but I don't think she did it. Wasn't Gibbs, unless he offed him and then doubled back to meet his team and search the boat. it doesn't seem to be Gibbs' style. Tony's too.

LiLmIsSpOkAdOt

[17]Dec 23, 2007
    I was watching, mmm, i think it was 'Frame Up' (bad short term memory lol!) and its Jen and Gibbs in her office and she says something like 'always did know what you were thinking' he replies 'not always' and he has a flashback (i assume of Paris) of someone being assinated with a silencer, Gibbs is there and i couldn't work out if it was Gibbs who shot him or not .... i thought that was very out of character for Gibbs... making him to me if he did do that (im sure for good reason)more possible that he killed LeG, by killing LeG he would be protecting Jeanne by then saving Tony from hurt and them keeping his team together... also protecting Jen so she didnt go totally insane and try and kill him herself....

ggggrrr, they better 'splain all this!

pc_fan03

[18]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 21
    Probably one of his "buddies".

N102

[19]Dec 24, 2007
    • level: 18
    LiLmIsSpOkAdOt wrote:
    I was watching, mmm, i think it was 'Frame Up' (bad short term memory lol!) and its Jen and Gibbs in her office and she says something like 'always did know what you were thinking' he replies 'not always' and he has a flashback (i assume of Paris) of someone being assinated with a silencer, Gibbs is there and i couldn't work out if it was Gibbs who shot him or not .... i thought that was very out of character for Gibbs... making him to me if he did do that (im sure for good reason)more possible that he killed LeG, by killing LeG he would be protecting Jeanne by then saving Tony from hurt and them keeping his team together... also protecting Jen so she didnt go totally insane and try and kill him herself....

ggggrrr, they better 'splain all this!

I think this was a mission-he have to do it,no matter whether he like it or not,so this for me is very in character.

No,I don't think he would kill the Frog-not even for Jen,because I have a feeling that he don't aprove her act-"if a weapon was loaded and I wasn't here,would you pull the trigger",so I don't think Gibbs did that at all-I agree with MrAndree.

Andrew-R

[20]Dec 24, 2007
    • level: 16
    Clfuller wrote:

I'm Not completely sure but I think it was not a bullet, it looked like a bruise, like he was hit with something like a baseball bat. And I think he was killed by the CIA; Kort, to be specific...