NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Ziva

sherrie112

[1]Dec 7, 2013
    • level: 1

I want Ziva back. The show needs a strong woman like her. I don't like the wippy new girl. I liked Kate, but Ziva brought a new spark to show she was such a bad ass and put Tony in his place. Funny. I liked Ziva and Tony together.

I have never missed one NCIS show, but won't watch anymore.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Crookshanks

[2]Dec 9, 2013
    • level: 2

I agree with you. CBS needs to get on their knees and beg Cote to come back. The show was already pretty bad after CDP left, but the Barbie made things worse. Ugh! I'm not watching anymore, either. I also signed the petition at change.org to get CDP back and sent negative feedback to CBS. CBS, wake up! Get rid of Barbie, bring back the ninja!

Dec1964

[3]Dec 11, 2013
    • level: 34

BRING BACK ZIVA.

katelynsunday

[4]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 7

I think we need to give the new girl a chance. It is realistic that in work places people leave and get replaced. Everyone was upset when Kate left, but ended up loving Ziva, we may really come to love Bishop.

Crookshanks

[5]Dec 13, 2013

Not very likely. The new character is not likable in the least. And frankly, the new actress doesn't cut it. I am getting flashbacks to the horrible Rachel Nichols character that briefly (thank God) was on CM. Playing hardball with Cote's contract was one of the worst decisions CBS made and this one is almost as bad. I can't believe TPTB thought this actress was so great the made her a regular so quickly. Because IMO, she is terrible. Did they even watch her performance before making this decision? Because if they had, she certainly wouldn't be a regular. TPTB need to realize they made some major mistakes-the need to get rid of the stiff Barbie and beg Cote to come back (with a one year contract, like she wanted not try to force her to accept a three year contract when her costars all have 2 year or less contracts).

mnementh01

[6]Dec 29, 2013
    • level: 14
    TPTB as you call them were simply trying to get the actress they wanted to stop being a prima-donna.

As you rightly say, the main charactres all have 2 year contracts and two years ago, CdP pulled the same act and was the last to sign for the standard time.

I'm not in the least surprised TPTB tried to tie her into a 3 year deal, if for no other reason than NOT to go through the same rigmarole at next contract time.

Why would the producers "beg" her to come back?

They are on record that they offered her a hugely increased salary but she turned them down.

As far as I'm concerned, good riddance to CdP.

While she is a fine actress and was a valuable member of the NCIS team, this show will continue quite happily without her.

Mark Harmon is the ONLY indispensible member of the team and NCIS lives or dies with him.

Crookshanks

[7]Dec 30, 2013

Only in your dreams! The recent polls, episode reviews, social media conversations and the series in general reviews all show a majority of viewers want Bishop gone and the character of Ziva back. You have a right to your opinion, but to call Cote names with no basis in fact proves you are one of the few anti Cote zealots who consistently post lies and derogatory statements about someone you do not know and slam anyone who dares support her. BTW, Cote is not the only cast member to ask for a shorter contract. And if you actually read some of the things other cast members have said about her in interviews, you would see they support her standing her ground.

mnementh01

[8]Dec 30, 2013
    • level: 14
    The polls are completely skewed in favour of the CdP viewpoint.

How do they represent 20 million viewers, pray tell? Did every single viewer cast a vote?

I think not !

The polls have been "signed" by a teeny tiny minority of the 20M viewers, the majority of who don't give a damn that CdP has left and only wish the show well. If you show me a poll with a million signatures on it, then I'll think again.

As to calling her names somehow calling me a liar brings pot kettle and black tomind as you also do not know me at all. Do you know Cote de Pablo???

Somehow I doubt it, so I wonder how you manage to know her thoughts and mind.

I am also NOT an "anti Cote zealot" as you so quaintly put it and if you actually read some of my reviews, you would have seen that I have praised her talents on many occassions. I am simply someone who objects to people who seem to think they are so superior to others that they merit special conditions. She isn't and she doesn't.

As for reading what other cast members say, here's a quote from Mark Harmon on the Fox News website;

"We wish Cote well," says Harmon. "But for those of us still here, it's all about moving on: 'This is what we've got, and we're going to find a way to make it even better.'

Wow, I'm so impressed by the vigour he shows in her defence !! (Sarcasm, by the way in case you didn't get it).