NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Ziva/Cote pregnant? Conspiracy theory is alive....

Tivafan

[1]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 3

Ok so I see a lot of people on both sides of the fence here on if Cote De Pablo is pregant or not? Myself I believe she is, first trimester, very early stages but her facial appearance and the last few episode scenes are making me believe it more and more.

Case in point...Episode 21 "Toxic"

So I quickly went through this episode and found scenes where my conspiracy theory might have merit:

3:03 - Ziva gets up and conveniently is holding folded jacket in front of belly (1st shot of her body in the show)

3:51 - Extermely brief side shot of Ziva, paused, it defintely looks like she's got that slight bumb. Loose NCIS jacket though.

6:40 - Possible side shot but Tony conveniently blocks path as he goes back to his desk. Perfect timing? Her "rear" looks fuller (loving that) than before too.

16:33 - scene with Gibbs lasting roughly 1:20 and no shot of her belly, always behind car door, etc. Face has that pregnant look to it...either that or too many twinkies!

19:29 - Brief first shot of her from the side/front as she exits elevator, looks normal but hard to tell.

19:35 - Far shot of her talking to McGeek, oh and look at that, an out of focus object from Tim's monitor is conveniently blocking her belly area !!

23:04 - good shot of her, paused it looks to me with her arms crossed that her pants are higher than normal and that lower belly bulge is present (as it would be in early pregnancy)

33:22 - Exiting elevator again, Abby in the way, but when we finally see ziva...oh the old folded coat trick right in front of her belly! C'mon...so obvious!

I dont think I need to go on...the conspiracy is alive and well.

My vote? --> Pregnant

Comclusion? --> Ziva gone from show after this year, at least until mid next season or forever. Trust me it pains me to say it...I love the TIVA action and this would really bum me out if it turns out to be true.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lissical

[2]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    Tivafan wrote:

Ok so I see a lot of people on both sides of the fence here on if Cote De Pablo is pregant or not? Myself I believe she is, first trimester, very early stages but her facial appearance and the last few episode scenes are making me believe it more and more.

Case in point...Episode 21 "Toxic"

So I quickly went through this episode and found scenes where my conspiracy theory might have merit:

3:03 - Ziva gets up and conveniently is holding folded jacket in front of belly (1st shot of her body in the show)

3:51 - Extermely brief side shot of Ziva, paused, it defintely looks like she's got that slight bumb. Loose NCIS jacket though.

6:40 - Possible side shot but Tony conveniently blocks path as he goes back to his desk. Perfect timing? Her "rear" looks fuller (loving that) than before too.

16:33 - scene with Gibbs lasting roughly 1:20 and no shot of her belly, always behind car door, etc. Face has that pregnant look to it...either that or too many twinkies!

19:29 - Brief first shot of her from the side/front as she exits elevator, looks normal but hard to tell.

19:35 - Far shot of her talking to McGeek, oh and look at that, an out of focus object from Tim's monitor is conveniently blocking her belly area !!

23:04 - good shot of her, paused it looks to me with her arms crossed that her pants are higher than normal and that lower belly bulge is present (as it would be in early pregnancy)

33:22 - Exiting elevator again, Abby in the way, but when we finally see ziva...oh the old folded coat trick right in front of her belly! C'mon...so obvious!

I dont think I need to go on...the conspiracy is alive and well.

My vote? --> Pregnant

Comclusion? --> Ziva gone from show after this year, at least until mid next season or forever. Trust me it pains me to say it...I love the TIVA action and this would really bum me out if it turns out to be true.

Very good theory, but I think she will be back. Mariska Hargitay from SVU was pregnant through most of the 7th season of the show (they did the same hiding tricks) and only missed the first 6 episodes of season 8. Then again, she had her baby in the summer. Maybe Cote/Ziva will only miss a handful of episodes?

Tivafan

[3]Apr 29, 2009
    Lissical wrote:

Very good theory, but I think she will be back. Mariska Hargitay from SVU was pregnant through most of the 7th season of the show (they did the same hiding tricks) and only missed the first 6 episodes of season 8. Then again, she had her baby in the summer. Maybe Cote/Ziva will only miss a handful of episodes?

I can only hope you're right but I have a feeling it might be a bit longer for Cote. Looking at her now I'd say she cant be past 5 months, so that puts the birth around in September/October, add several months to raising the baby...that puts us at least halfway into S7.

Just to add to the conspiracy...watching Legend(1) again right now and guess what...they are doing the same "hiding" tricks in this one.

Ziva comes walking to her desk where Tony answered phone, just when we are about to see her body, Tony moves and his bag/shoulder block her from the camera. When Gibbs tells them to gear up to see the body, she's got the folded jacket again.

Also her weight gain is a very apparent in Legend(1)...as is her complexion problems too. All signs poining to a bun in the oven. I'm 98% sure of it now.

I wonder if they'll bring someone else in to replace her in Season 7? Or if she'll make "guest appearances" every now and then to keep her story line of being in Israel. All I have to say is it better be temporary.

Edited on 04/29/2009 9:32pm

ncis_lover_yo

[4]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    i dont get why everyone think she's pregnant? she probably gain a bit of weight.

claire-bear

[5]Apr 30, 2009
    I guess it does look a bit like it but I think we should probably all wait till there's a confirmation or something, we're going a bit insane!
    But fair theory

cilvi127

[6]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 9
    well..lets see..i myself have noticed that she has gained a little weight lately..at first the thought of her being pregnant passed my mind..but then again.. the producer said that things will be different for tony and ziva next season so that clearly means that she is not leaving te show..conclusion :she is not pregnant!

MrAndree

[7]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 19
    I don't believe she is pregnant but just because someone is pregnant doesn't mean that she has to leave the show. So the fact that Ziva is not leaving doesn't mean anything.

avulcanoff

[8]Apr 30, 2009
    ugh, who cares if she is or isnt? i mean, if she's still the same kick-ass ziva that we all know and love, then who cares? besides, it's cote's problem to deal with, not ours.

BiGNCISfan

[9]Apr 30, 2009

avulcanoff wrote:
    ugh, who cares if she is or isnt? i mean, if she's still the same kick-ass ziva that we all know and love, then who cares? besides, it's cote's problem to deal with, not ours.

I second this,

Tivafan

[10]Apr 30, 2009

avulcanoff wrote:

When was the last show that we saw Ziva "kick ass" ?? She's been a freakin sponge for a while now, no action, no fighting, nothing, hell not even running around waving a gun. A pregnant Ziva is a boring Ziva...sexual tension alone does not make her character interesting.

cilvi127

[11]Apr 30, 2009
    well.. it's true that we haven't seen some fighting action for a while (too bad) but u're forgeting "dead reckoning"

elvenhome

[12]Apr 30, 2009
    Tivafan wrote:

avulcanoff wrote:

When was the last show that we saw Ziva "kick ass" ?? She's been a freakin sponge for a while now, no action, no fighting, nothing, hell not even running around waving a gun. A pregnant Ziva is a boring Ziva...sexual tension alone does not make her character interesting.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Ziva, kick-ass? For nearly the entire season, she has been doing NOTHING. Probably been too busy straigntening her hair and applying and re-applying her make-up. She hasn't been our beloved kick-ass Ziva for a while now. She's been Ziva Barbie. I miss the kick-ass woman she used to be in season 3 and 4.

Then again, I think ALL the characters have been off lately.

MrAndree

[13]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 19
    Yeah, shooting two guys at the same time is not kick-ass thing to do. Catching the suspect in Legend wasn't a kick-ass thing to do. Seriously. She didn't do more ass kicking in season 3 or 4.

avulcanoff

[14]Apr 30, 2009
    well she did go all ninja over the guards in cloak...granted that was a while ago, but she still did. and in dead reckoning she did...kinda. but if you think about it, she really hasn't had that opportunity in the past couple of episodes.

lamersammy

[15]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 10
    i agree with the comment about cloak. she was kick ass in that episode, but then again that was the only episode latley that we have seen her like that. sooooooo idk if shes pregnate or not. if she is. they'll pull her out of the show but they will bring her back for sure, otherwise the show woudl go downhill. its 50 50 chance

ncis_is_love

[16]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 11

two things. her character has changed since season three, and she wasn't more kickass then anyway.

and also. she shot two people at once. that is definitely kickass. where have you people been?

Sftblswtie

[17]Apr 30, 2009
    I don't care if she is pregnant or not. I think she is still hot thats all that matters to me. I just wish they give her more kick assing scene but if she preggers there will be no way that they will do that until after she gives birth.. I kinda hope her and Tony get together that sexual tension is getting hot..

claire-bear

[18]Apr 30, 2009
    elvenhome wrote:
    Tivafan wrote:

avulcanoff wrote:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Ziva, kick-ass? For nearly the entire season, she has been doing NOTHING. Probably been too busy straigntening her hair and applying and re-applying her make-up. She hasn't been our beloved kick-ass Ziva for a while now. She's been Ziva Barbie. I miss the kick-ass woman she used to be in season 3 and 4.

Then again, I think ALL the characters have been off lately.

I agree wuith you too, she has heaps more makeup now and hardly ever gets much kick-ass action anymore. And I agree that all the characters have been off, take McGee in Legend, for example

Blondie780

[19]Apr 30, 2009
    Any time a woman gains a few pounds she's rumored to be pregnant. It's annoying.

Tivafan

[20]Apr 30, 2009

cilvi127 wrote:
    well.. it's true that we haven't seen some fighting action for a while (too bad) but u're forgeting "dead reckoning"

You're right, I did forget about the scene when she shoots the two guys in the safehouse. Although I loved the scene, she still just stands there and shoots both guns

I want the "deadly assassin who can kill with her hands" kind of Ziva action that made me fall in love with her when she joined NCIS. For example episode 8 "Cloak" was awesome for her (and Tiva action). That fight with the 3-4 guards, the blood, the elevator scene with Tony when they say they are both tired of pretending...that was a masterpiece! That's what I miss

Edited on 04/30/2009 6:40pm