NCIS Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Ziva's Replacement

snake63

[1]Jul 16, 2013
    • level: 20

My choice to replace Cote de Pablo is Diane Neal from Law & Order SVU. She was on NCIS as a Coast Guard Special Agent they can have her transfered to NCIS and a potential love interest for Gibbs.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LovesZiva

[2]Jul 16, 2013
    • level: 5

No one. Go back to the 3 man team. It will be the most likely way to not ruin the team dynamics.....

snake63

[3]Jul 21, 2013
    • level: 20

Don't get me wrong I love Ziva too and really disappointed on Cote's departure but the show needs another female character.

AussieGibbs

[4]Dec 4, 2013

I think everyone needs to get a bloody grip here! People come and go in our very own workplaces. Why the hell should a TV show that is factually-based on a real government agency be any different?

Yes, Ziva David is gone... but so is Caitlin Todd. We were all upset about Cait dying too, but you know what? Ziva came along and we KEPT WATCHING! Why? Because EVERYONE gave her a chance. Why the hell isn't everyone giving Ellie Bishop a chance? It's certainly not too soon... Ziva replaced Cait almost immediately. We've seen several episodes without Ziva, and only ONE with Ellie. It brings a forward thinker and a new team dynamic to the fold.

For the love of God, before you judge, GIVE HER A CHANCE!

As for CGIS Special Agent Abby Borin, I think the writers have a special plan for her in the near future... Remember that there's a new series, "New Orleans" coming...

katelynsunday

[5]Dec 10, 2013
    • level: 7

Agree completely, I don't understand why they aren't giving her a chance, I actually liked Bishop, and I am interested to see where it goes.

MajLorne

[6]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 21
    I've been watching the show for a few seasons, and I'm not disappointed in the actress that played Ziva leaving, but I don't like how they've been trying to 'force' the inclusion of this new character. Maybe it's because it seems she knows almost everything to looking pretty, but I just don't feel like the transition is working as well as it should. OF course give it some time, but maybe the show should work more slowly than trying to throw her into the fire the way they have. I think the actress Sali Richardson was great, she would be great if she were on the team in some way.

Dewbak75

[7]Jan 25, 2014
    • level: 18

I've been enjoying Bishop quite a bit too, and I'm saying that as someone who really liked Ziva. But Ziva left, not because the writers decided to get rid of her, but because the actress chose to leave(WHY she chose to leave is another discussion). This isn't like Criminal Minds where the network/producers/whoever pushed out Paget Brewster and AJ Cook(look how well THAT went over).

The NCIS writers were kind of in a no-win situation here. It was easier when Sasha Alexander left, since she'd only been there two years and the show hadn't truly taken off yet. Cote was there for EIGHT years, there was bound to be a lot of fans who would be angry at ANYONE taking her place. Look at what happened when any of the CSI shows tried replacing someone who'd been on for several years. The Law & Order franchise too, except maybe the mothership since they established a pattern of cast turnover pretty early on.

Every interview quote I've read from the cast suggests Emily's fitting in really well on set, and I like the dynamic that her character brings. Ziva certainly evolved during her time with NCIS, but at her core she was still their ninja assassin. This time around they've got a chess-player, a puzzle-solver. I think the scene that really showcases her role with the team was at the end of Kill Chain, when Gibbs sets her computer on the floor, lays out the files and sits her down to find Parsa. "This is what you do. You find him!"

And on a silly note, I love that we so rarely see her actually sitting in her chair at her desk. She's either sitting ON her desk, or on the floor. For some reason I just really like that about her, and the image it presents in the middle of a government agency like NCIS.

Dec1964

[8]Feb 4, 2014
    • level: 34

Bishop needs to go.

AussieGibbs

[10]Feb 12, 2014

Dec1964 wrote:

Bishop needs to go.

I think you need to go.

But I'll help you with WHY I think you need to go. You didn't provide any reasoning or contrast as to WHY Bishop needs to go. An opinion is one thing, but in a DISCUSSION, reasoning also needs to take place. Simply coming in and blurting that a good actress and character needs to go is downright distasteful.

I too liked Ziva and Caitlin, but you know what? NOBODY stays around forever, and other people tend to fill the void created. Bishop's a Probationary Special Agent (NCIS) now, so lets see how she goes when the show gets tactical.

Edited on 02/12/2014 5:33am

LordGrievous

[11]Feb 13, 2014
    • level: 13

Dec1964 wrote:

Bishop needs to go.

You do know that they'll just replace Bishop with someone else and not Ziva?

Ziva is gone get over it.

bms29bms

[12]Mar 4, 2014
    • level: 12

Ziva cannot really be 'replaced' - BUT another female who Really does FIT-IN would be great. The current female is a JOKE!

Just isn't a part of Gibb's Team AND why so many aren't watching it anymore. OR they are like me - sort of watching while surfing on the internet OR playing games. - I used to Enjoy watching NCIS & was always looking forward to Tuesdays - NO MORE. And it breaks my heart that NCIS will probably 'bite the dust' this season - or next for certain - Simply because they put the WRONG person on the show.

Edited on 03/04/2014 6:41pm

bms29bms

[13]Mar 4, 2014

HOPEFULLY they will SOON replace the new female - AND the next will be a Good Team Member. right now - she isn't & I don't expect her to get any better. she's more like a little kid trying to be an agent.

NO Ziva won't be back - that's ok - her choice - BUT the writers need to choose a better person to Truly be a part of Gibb's Team.

bms29bms

[14]Mar 4, 2014

Dec... - I agree - she needs to go - & why? - because she does NOT fit in - she is just NOT gonna work AND she is the reason why So Many have stopped watching NCIS.

They don't even have to get another agent - Gibb's Team is soooo much better without the new female - Would be better to keep Gibb's Team and NOT try and put another agent in. - The Show would be So Much Better than it has been with the new 'girl'

Edited on 03/04/2014 6:48pm

bms29bms

[15]Mar 11, 2014
    I agree. bishop MUST go if NCIS is going to continue. The writer(s) have been absolutely horrible in their 'introduction' of bishop - BUT even if they hadn't thrown her down our throats - the writing with her being rude to Gibbs, etc. and putting her more in the limelight is really bad.
    I don't expect an actual 'replacement' of Ziva but another 'team' member that Fits in would be nice. - Because the new female definitely does NOT fit in...

RealNcisRatings

[17]Apr 4, 2014
    • level: 2
    You do realize that the last 2 episodes, she has had basically no air time and you still are hating on her. She adjusting. If you look for negativity, you'll find it! As you seem to always do....

idelphi

[18]Apr 8, 2014

Someone unknown or noone. If someone unknown then test them before signing. Brody would have been fine but now she's taken.

idelphi

[19]Apr 8, 2014

And you really think that would happen? A lieutenant or general or director standing look down at an employee on the floor whilst they get a crick in their neck looking down. This is not Silicon Valley. It is the navy.

idelphi

[20]Apr 8, 2014

The show is now tactical. Bishop has no special skills. She is annoying. She is boring. The cast members may get along well with the actress who could be a very sweet person. But they do not interact well with the character Bishop and they all appear wooden and uncomfortable when they have a scene with her. It is no surprise. The character is a disaster with irritating and unrealistic quirks that would never be tolerated by a military institution. How do you relate to that in a scene. That having beeen said, as the writer said "bishop has to go".

And you have no right to tell her to go. She has as much right to give as little or as much of her opinion as she wishes.