NCIS

Gone

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 27, 2012 on CBS

• Don't spit on a Marine's highly polished shoes !

Unless you're ready for a swift smack in the mouth.

NCIS is definitely picking up the ball just now and I'm getting more enthusiastic episode on episode.

This was a cracking case, bringing out all Gibbs paternal instincts with the kidnap of the teenage girl and combining Abby & Ziva in comforting the one that got away at the scene.

Simply loved the moment when the idiot spat on Gibb's shoe and got belted instantly for his trouble. Gibbs on a mission is unstoppable.

Ziva winding Tony up about Schmiel was excellent, although I suspected he was going to be an elderly gent and I'm pleased that the writers haven't simply dropped the new Tony/Ziva interaction at a more intimate level.

Ziva, obviously knowing there was some "green eyed monster" about Tony's interest in her "old" friend was merciless before she introduced the two to each other.

The case could easily have gone badly wrong but everything turned out OK in the end.

I don't know if Alex Kingston is going to be a regular fixture but Gibbs needs some romantic interest to get him out of his shell a bit.

Can't wait for the next episode.