NCIS

Heartland

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 14, 2008 on CBS

• The Team's Next Murder Case Leads Them To Gibbs's Hometown And Secrets From His Past Are Revealed.

To date this is my favorite episode of the sixth season of "NCIS". With this episode the show continues its streak of well written scripts and cleverly plotted episodes. The reason why I liked "Heartland" so much, is that we learned more about Gibbs. Mark Harmon is always in top form as L.J. Gibbs and with this episode he doesn't miss a beat. He is my favorite character. His father was also interesting. It was a good idea to cast Ralph Waite as Jackson Gibbs. He looks exactly like Leroy. The murder case was also interesting and I surely was hooked all the way through. I also liked the twist in the case, mainly because it seemed plausible and it worked well. Another reason why "Heartland" works well is the end. We learned how Jethro met Shannon and we also learned the origin of the "rules". Overall, this episode was fantastic and it is not to be missed. One of the best episodes of the shoe.