NCIS

Hit and Run

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jan 29, 2013 on CBS

7.6
  • Abby's first case.

A good Abby episode showing us her own case from when she was younger which helped her to work for NCIS.
  • not very

3.5
    I did not much care for this one.
  • Very good episode!

This episode was a very moving one about Abby. The actual case that we had was quite interesting albeit a bit too linear and predictable for my liking.

But I think the Abby storyline more than made up for it! Aside from the brilliant glimpses into the past, we also had hilarious scenes with Tim, Tony and Ziva trying to do Abby's job(s) in her absence! It was hilarious to watch!

The last few scenes were really moving, and the fortune inside the cookie that Gibbs kept all these years was spot on! Perfect!

The episode title is also extremely fitting, although not in the way you might expect. It was all explained in the little chat on the floor between Gibbs and Abby. Those scenes are some of my favourite ever.

I'm really looking forward to more! Season 10 has been breathtaking so far!
  • What happened?!

As everyone before has written, I was very much let down with this episode. Young Abby was great. I was expecting a twist to make up for the weak storyline, but it never came. Grown-up Abby's angst was too over the top, even for her. She missed work for the first time because of this? At the very least, the writers should have had her reunite with Ricki to hear what had become of the relationship between Ricki and her grandfather. To be fair, it has been a great season so far. I can hardly wait for the next episode. I'm sure it was a rare lapse in writing.
  • not the best episode

the story is weak, but the optimist in me thinks that it is setting the stage for something important in the succeeding episodes. i dont even see the relationship of the title to the episode. quite a disappointment. there really wasnt a story, it's like the writers went on holiday for this episode.
  • hit and run

As a rabid NCIS fan I am sorry to say that this is the weakest episode of Season 10. The only bright spot was the young actress playing young Abby. The rest of the episode was nonsense. After all the great episodes of the year thus far I truly hope that this is the only bad episode of the year. I am still a huge NCIS fan though.
  • Great job by Brighton Sharbino!

Brighton Sharbino did a terrrific job playing young Abby. Casting nailed it! Good thing they did as she pretty much kept the NCIS brand afloat on her own. I felt this was one of the show's weaker episodes and certainly not of the same extraordinary caliber that Season 10 has spoiled us rotten with to date. I think this episode would have fit nicely in the past two seasons where writing had slipped slightly. In the S10 library it sticks out like a sore thumb. Young Abby was terrific. "Our" Abby was scripted as way too sensitive and childish after 10 years working at NCIS. NOT Pauley Perrette's fault! The writers probably needed a break after the fabulous scripts they have been producing this Season. We hope to see them back soon!
  • Damned by faint praise!

Sadly, after the last two phenomenal episodes, there was no way the writers could have kept up that level of viewer satisfaction.

Unfortunately, they went further down the spiral and turned Tony back into a juvenile moron when they could so easily have maintained his impetus to actual Manhood that he exhibited in support of Ziva in "Shiva".

As for Abby, I'm sorry to say that I'm starting to get a bit fed up with her seemingly permanent child persona.

Her junior incarnation was by far, the better version.

The episode itself was pretty much standard NCIS fare with only one very tentative mention of the momentous events of the last two eps.

Even that mention should have given Tony, Ziva's "rock" in the last two eps, a further bonding moment with her but was basically thrown away.

The only thing I can think the writers are planning is to have Ziva either go off the rails to find Bodnar, or break down and in either case let "Tony the grown up" show up again.

To be fair, the writers were on a "hiding to nothing" with this episode but although decent TV, I felt remarkably let down by it.

Better luck, next time!
  • Unsatisfying!

4.5
    By far the weakest NCIS episode since S01E01. Usually, I like Abby-centric episodes, she is one of my favorite characters. The 'young Abby' should get her own TV show. However, grown-up Abby's angst-ridden portrayal was irritating at best. The reveal scene where they caught the culprit was abrupt and anticlimactic (and need I say, obvious?).
  • Abby plays the baby again.

Found it very boring. Abby regressing to a child is getting old.
  • NCIS.

Very good episode & a great Abby episode, which you dont get to see that often.
  • great episode

great episode i love the character Abby