NCIS

Hit and Run

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jan 29, 2013 on CBS

7.6
  • Damned by faint praise!

Sadly, after the last two phenomenal episodes, there was no way the writers could have kept up that level of viewer satisfaction.

Unfortunately, they went further down the spiral and turned Tony back into a juvenile moron when they could so easily have maintained his impetus to actual Manhood that he exhibited in support of Ziva in "Shiva".

As for Abby, I'm sorry to say that I'm starting to get a bit fed up with her seemingly permanent child persona.

Her junior incarnation was by far, the better version.

The episode itself was pretty much standard NCIS fare with only one very tentative mention of the momentous events of the last two eps.

Even that mention should have given Tony, Ziva's "rock" in the last two eps, a further bonding moment with her but was basically thrown away.

The only thing I can think the writers are planning is to have Ziva either go off the rails to find Bodnar, or break down and in either case let "Tony the grown up" show up again.

To be fair, the writers were on a "hiding to nothing" with this episode but although decent TV, I felt remarkably let down by it.

Better luck, next time!