This season of NCIS has been great so far no doubt, but many (including myself) have noticed a small lapse in the usual stellar story department of this show. What has happened so far this season has largely been borrowed from past episodes and lacks a little creativity. In my opinion, this episode signals a turnaround for the rest of the season. Why, you ask?
1. The PTP killer situation has been wrapped up and done with. Time to move into a new story line. (see #2)
2. (SPOILER) As per the adv. for next weeks episode, Ziva may be getting engaged. There's a storyline that hasn't been explored yet.
3. I'm not the biggest Tiva fan out there, but this episode was doused with those moments. Makes you wonder what Tony's gonna do if #2 does go through. o_0
4. This episode in of itself felt original, exciting, and wasn't stale at all.
5. Gibbs past might make a return amid everything else. Oooooooh.....
I hope and strongly believe that this episode signals a true return to form of the series. I'm not saying that the past episodes have been bad. I admit they've been good. But NCIS isn't good. It's AWESOME!!! That's what has kept me coming back to it year after year after year...