NCIS

Kill Ari, Part I

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Sep 20, 2005 on CBS

• I'm a big NCIS fan, but was disappointed in this episode.

Count this as a review of Parts I and II of Kill Ari. I'm a big fan of the show but was disappointed and even embarrassed by these two episodes. Let me also say that I am no prude, I like the sexual innuendo between Tony and Ziva, for example.

But these episodes were drenched in sexual innuendo -- repeatedly in every situation. Every character in the show had to make sexual references to Kate, even as to how her dead naked body would look. Good grief! It also takes in Gibbs' relationship with Director Jen! I can now appreciate many of the anti-Jen comments on these boards -- that every scene with her has to allude to her past liaisons with Gibbs. Even the first meeting(s) of Ziva and Tony reeked of leering comments.

Other objections:
    ¶ I couldn't follow a lot of the remarks as to the weapons used and the spent cartridges and their importance, and didn't bother to revisit those scenes.
    ¶ I'm a big Ziva fan. I think of her as glamorous. Here she looked like a peasant.
    ¶ The defeat of Ari could have been more complex and inventive, what with the big buildup.
    ¶ Dead Kate conversing with the team seemed trivial, even disrespectful going for cheap laughs. I like over 90% of the episodes, really.
CBS