NCIS

Nature of the Beast

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Sep 20, 2011 on CBS

• I really liked this episode - I thought it was a great season opener. It was dark and chilling, which makes for a good combination.

It was something different and didn't follow your typical episode of NCIS; having said that, it missed out on the usual humour that goes on in NCIS, but that's what this episode needed. Although there were flaws in the episode that bugged me slightly, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It would've been great to see more of the team together, but I think that's what the writers intended: even though Tony had the support of his family at NCIS, it was very much a lone man's journey for him.

It reminded me very much of why I've been watching the show ever since it began.

Family.

These people don't just go to 'work'. It's their home, it's their family. Like most families, they fight, they tease, but they're also there for each other at the end of the day, when they need it and even when they feel like they don't need it. The dynamic of the show is based on this. Although there was not much Ziva, McGee, Abby or Ducky could do for Tony, it was deeply accentuated in many ways throughout the episode.