NCIS

Need to Know

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Feb 28, 2012 on CBS

• Strangely unsatisfying?

I can't completely figure out what I wasn't all that thrilled with about this ep of NCIS but a few comments spring to mind.

Total lack of character development, with only the "new guy" being gay as a revelation?

Tony back to being a big kid AGAIN? You're in your 40's big boy! Time to grow up.

While I love Abby to bits, what job situation can anyone envisage (joke shop or Disney World aside), that would tolerate her dress code?

McGee still acting the Love struck swain over Abby and being jealous over a 16 year old.

Even worse, not telling the "new guy" to "man up" and tell Gibbs that he screwed the pooch and lost the girl. I reckon Gibbs would rather have been told than possibly find out later.

The opportunity to really boost Ziva's character by actually going to her speech and even better would have been if Tony had gone to it and supported her. Would have been a massive step forward.

A better resolution to the case would certainly have helped. Personally, I hoped Gibbs would have smacked that smug DIA agent in the mouth.

Anyway, 'though it appears I didn't like the ep at all, that's not true. It was what it was and provided enough entertainment to keep on watching but the writers really need to step things up a notch or two.