NCIS

Season 11 Episode 2

Past, Present, and Future

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 01, 2013 on CBS

Who was the Episode MVP ?

Episode Discussion (10)
Not very happy with how GG dealt with CDP's departure. We were promised several episodes with Cote (which means 2 or 3) and we got a whole 15 minutes in ONE episode. I GG should have been the one leaving, not Cote!
Very poorly written episode. Ziva already dealt with her past as an assassin and started to change in season 7 (wasn't that what GCBC was all about). While CDP and MW were great in the episode, the story really didn't make sense. And there was so little Ziva! Are we really supposed to believe it cost more to have Cote back for two whole episodes (as we were promised) than it was to pay JLC for all her episodes (too many, IMO) in season 9?! I still think Cote's exit was fishy and these farewell to Ziva episodes seemed more like a slap in the face to Cote than a heartfelt goodbye!
Is the show ending soon? It should. And here is how Tiva should end up: Tony goes to find Ziva again and she brings out his son. Because we KNOW when Tony left her, that Ziva was pregnanat, don't we? Well, don't we?

New faces, same old boring vanilla storylines. It's like the Lawrence Welk of procedurals.

Ziva is first a woman then an agent. I'm happy that she made this decision now while she has all her limbs....lol. She needs to reflect and reconnect with her past in order to relax and rejuvenate for the future. I applaud your decision. We all need to be mindful of who we are in order to proceed with our future.
I'm feeling....underwhelmed by Zivas' exit. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that that she gets to be the first long time female character to get out alive. (Sorry Kate, Paula, Jenny, and Michelle)

I just think the Ari issue should have been addressed in S3 or S4. This late in the game? Just feels like the writers couldn't think of a better way to do it.

At least now, we can move on. Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy if they brought in Abigail Boren to replace Ziva.
Now there's a good idea.

I'll vote for her as well.
OK, I'm not really sure why Ziva is staying in Israel except that she wants to start over. Something about her father and Gibbs? What am I missing? Also, when she became a U.S. citizen she pledged to sever all loyalties to any other country, so what's up with that? Will she come back, or live as an expatriate? Just thinking...
Yes but swearing that oath sufficiently satisfies the United States, on the other hand the other nation may require that a renunciation of citizenship be made in person to a government representative on the nations soil or some such and if that requirement is not satisfied then the person has not renounced their citizenship in the eyes of the second nation and hence that person still retains dual citizenship which is prefectly legal by US legislation.
I am thinking of this way..... She wants to start over and the only way to do that for her at least is to go back to the beginning and that means Israel. She still loves her homeland. May hate Mossad, but will always be a proud Israeli. Maybe when she feels satisfied in reestablishing her life in Israel, she will work to change what was her new life in the US.
Today