NCIS

Requiem

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2007 on CBS

• Gibbs become's attached to the one living thing connected to his late daughter.

I believe this episode in particular was a major one in the history of NCIS. Undoubtedly it had most people in tears as they watched Jethro Gibbs fight for something connected to his daughter.

Normally, I wouldn't revel in an episode mostly based on one particular character but the writers, directors and dare I say it, even the actors performed at their peak to ensure that whilst Gibbs was in no haste the main character, the team dynamics were still spot on. For that I congratulate them.

This episode demonstrates why this program is a favourite of so many. Laughter and real heart tugging emotion was delivered perfectly and effectively and succeeded where so many other shows have failed.

I also thought it was quite fitting to have Tony DiNozzo save them. Whether or not, one agrees with the statement,Tony could be seen a makeshift son to Gibbs and with Maddy present, the closest person connected to her daughter, it just seemed right.

It just shows that shows can develop the right way as the series move on. If this is the standard of this season, I can hardly wait for the next.