NCIS

Requiem

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2007 on CBS

• Gibbs Finds Himself At The Center Of An Emotional Journey Into His Past After He Agrees To Help The Childhood Friend Of His Late Daughter.

When I first read the synopsis of this episode, I knew it would be special. I'm glad to say that it was. This episode even has the material to be a season finale. "Requiem" starts with heavily breathing Tony killing two suspects and then dives in the water in the order to save Gibbs and a woman, who are trapped in a car. This opening scene was just epic. Gibbs is the only character who has a dark past so that is the main reason why this episode worked well. His family has stayed as a mystery to the viewers so I was glad to see more of them. The case was very entertaining with an interesting side story. The flashbacks were well done. Mark Harmon and Michael Weatherly were at top form here. I really loved their acting. The ending scene was very good and heart-breaking. Overall, a very good Gibbs-episode that you can't just simply miss. Excellent.