NCIS

Restless

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Sep 27, 2011 on CBS

• Mediocre. Object to Tony flip-flop.

The few things I liked about the episode are:
    ¶ the touching ending where the foster family embraces the girl, who expected to be vilified because she lied to everyone and stole her uncle's money, which led to the death of their foster son.
    ¶ as in most of the NCIS episodes, the crime presented and the following of leads and unraveling of the case is entertaining even if the final result is disappointing and unbelievable.

The bad:
    ¶ what really ruined the episode for me was the embarrassing twist that made Tony look particularly foolish -- reinventing a painful childhood prank so that he actually believed he was the culprit, not the victim -- and mistakenly apologizing to his tormentor. It was painful for this viewer to watch, and I doubt that such a thing could happen in real life, not often anyway.
    ¶ the main criminal plot seemed far-fetched and loaded with coincidences to throw the viewers off: The whole thing of the girl running away upon graduating high school and actually believing that she was years younger so she could start high school again with another foster family! Having stolen so much money from her biological family and keeping the money hidden and intact all these years! Using her brother's laptop in the woods (where the money was buried) (so Abby could trace the location)! The coincidence of the relative's henchman running into her. Why would the henchman take and keep so many cell phone pictures of her! The coincidence of her brother being at the scene when the henchman is about to kidnap her! Mishap of dropping his cell phone (with her blood and pictures on/in it!) at the murder scene!
    ¶ it would have been nice if they explained why the girl didn't report the attack/murder to the police and parents -- to explain what happened and to identify the murderer.
    ¶ "Restless" seems like a meaningless episode title to me.

The season premiere of NCIS was far from stellar, but its follow-up effort, "Restless" was really not much better. I have been using the word predictable in a lot of my reviews as of late, and well, it certainly has been a more fitting description than "featured a classic Law and Order twist" to describe their recent string of shows. It had some of the comedic elements you like, but unfortunately it featured a cliched plot and a less than climatic ending.

• Tony's grown up

It seems finally Tony has matured. I liked the episode even better than the season opener, it's more investigative work and less the flashbacks to fill in the "what happened in the summer" thing.

Also Ziva is sporting new hair-do's I especially liked her ponytail at the scene with McGee in the driveway with the football themed cart.

As for McGee, he seems to withstand Tony's teasing and bullying much better.

Seems they're all done some growing up.

• Very interesting

I loved this episode. Loved loved loved. For the first time in a long while, everything just felt *right*. The characters had that wonderful team dynamic going, and their teasing came across as playful rather than snarky like some of seasons 7 & 8 (probably because we had them acting "family"-like, for example Ziva and McGee trying to help cheer Tony up rather than make fun of his problems like they were doing a lot in recent seasons). I've *so* missed episodes like these! The case was great too, and remarkably unexpected. I did *not* see the whole 'Lindsay is not actually a foster child but a 20-something year old adult reliving her stolen youth' twist!

• Great episode to follow the dark and chilling premiere.

I don't know how else to put it, but it was good to have everything back. The awkwardness of Palmer when faced with Gibbs, the talk scene between Gibbs and 'Lindsey' showing how good and gentle Gibbs is with young people, typical of DiNozzo to bribe McGee into doing something he doesn't want to do. I smiled, and I laughed.

I really liked the scene at end between DiNozzo and Gibbs. We all love the fun and humorous DiNozzo, but by the same token, it's really great to see the growth in his character. These changes in him are marked by his experiences, and it's simply not possible to be goofball DiNozzo all the time, because he's gone through a lot. Being the oldest senior agent among the three, he's gone through a lot of pain and torment at NCIS - from Kate's death to his secret assignment leading to heartbreak, Jenny's death, and his most recent assignment.

I'm looking forward to this season; the premiere was good, but not the greatest, and this episode just put it back on track - of course, the premiere was not meant to be 'routine-like' to begin with. I've never lost faith in NCIS, and I'm sure nothing's going to change this season - if anything, this episode made sure of that.

• Good Old NCIS

After a lackluster opener, season 9 really gets going with a solid installment this week.

This was a typical NCIS episode, but for some reason i enjoyed it a lot. The characters made the episode for me. Tony side story was good, and every member got a good amount of screen time resulting in the usual banter.

The twist in the story also surprised me quite a bit, which is something that rarely happens anymore

• not a bad episode of ncis, there has been better episodes. Tony is really changing, but could that be a bad thing. Law and order SVU did the same kind of episode minus the marine murder. Ibelieve that every show should end at season 8 and this is the s

not a bad episode of ncis, there has been better episodes. Tony is really changing, but could that be a bad thing. Law and order SVU did the same kind of episode minus the marine murder. Ibelieve that every show should end at season 8 and this is could be a sign that the show might have ran its coarse, but i hope im wrong

• An attempt to redefine the characters.

They are struggling to discover how to allow the characters to grow and keep the program at a peak. I say accept lower ratings and keep the show going. Allow growth. Let Tony show some depth. Vance has a wife. Why can't Gibbs have one? It is time to let Shannon go. Quit holding out and get a wife. He is almost 60 years old. How many stupid flirtations does he need? To prove what? And Mcgee should lose the anorexic look. Let Jimmy do something besides say inappropriate things around corpses. Let the characters show an awareness that they are quirky and move to create balance. This new attempt at balance seems imposed on them by the shows authors. Does Gibbs really need to keep slapping Tony? Can David find her true Jewish roots in America in ways she could not in Israel? The show is the top show on TV. If the top show on TV can't reinvent itself, what show can?

• i miss the old tony

this was anice episode but not great . i really miss the old tony and i don't like the new tony very much i hope he get back soon i know tony must grow up a little but not that much . in my opinion it's not ncis without the funny tony and the head slaps

i really like the last scene and gibbs being protective but tony won't lie and i also like ziva and macgee supporting tony i like them being friends but not with losing tony side of his character we all know and love for 8 seasons

• Finally, an episode that brought back the old NCIS spark, with the added plus of a more mature Tony subplot.

One word: Gibbs. He had some fantastic scenes and that one with him and the uncle? Guh. Wow. Powerful!

I laughed when he jumped over the car; it seemed such a Gibbs thing to do :D Ducky/Jimmy/Gibbs was great, Abby got a cheek kiss... all was well in NCIS world!

I was so happy to see so many different pairings, like Ziva with McGee, Tony with McGee, Gibbs with Tony, Ziva with Gibbs, etc. Steve Binder has an eye for that :). And, although I'm a HUGE Tony/Ziva fan, it's so nice when things are shaken up a little too! Then of course there was lots of just plain awesome Team Gibbs, and that rounds out an episode. The garbage scene was hilarious, and even McGee getting picked on turned out nicely because we had Ziva comforting him and even *Tony*! His and McGee's brotherly relationship was a delight to watch. Which brings me to:

Tony. Oh, Tony. I freaking adored him this episode, and I *love* what the show is doing with his character: slowly maturing him so that even though he's still funny, he's growing up and losing the fratboy persona. He's more conscientous about others, and the team is starting to notice now too. And about time! It's character evolution like that, that makes NCIS so special. Him apologizing... the revelation at the end... just loved it. And Michael Weatherly continues to *nail* it out of the ballpark everytime, looking flawless as ever might I add ;) That hairstyle = YUM.

Also, I didn't really have a problem with what some call a "rewriting" of Tony's past. This actually made sense to me, unlike the whole Wendy thing in "Baltimore".

On a totally shallow note... Ziva's hairstyle this episode = omg yes PERFECTION xoxo Cote looked utterly beautiful! And I'm glad they're finally giving her some shirts that fit her; I was so tired of all the baggy ones of last season when she should show off her slender figure, not hide it!

• Huge step up from the travesty of a season premiere.

This was an episode that was everything that the season premiere wasn't - suspenseful, interesting, well-written, highly enjoyable, clever and a reminder as o to why we love NCIS.

The storyline here was very very good! I enjoyed everything from the start to the finish, including the buried treasure, the 27-year-old 17-year-old and the mud wrestling tickets.

It had the sense of comedy that make s NCIS so enjoyable - and it also had all the makings a classic and memorable NCIS episode should have. I enjoyed it thoroughly and I do not wish to spoil it any further.

All up, I sincerely hope that this is a sign and indication that NCIS is back ofn track after what was not only the worst season premiere ever seen - but also teh worst thing to ever happen to NCIS>

• So good. A very organic, positive awesome 2nd episode to the season.

I finished watching this episode excited, and loving NCIS so much. The last seaosn or two I've gotten a little disillusioned but if episodes like this start coming again, I'll never stop watching NCIS. It reminded me a lot of say... season 2 and 3.

Everyone on the team was nice this week. Not the scary nice-Gibbs way that everyone hates but the team pulled together and showed why NCIS is so popular, the humour and the enduring affection that is between the characters.

There was a good Tony side plot, that I feel really extended his character, and both McGee and Gibbs were very supportive of Tony this week, as well as Ziva with the gift. The final scene though with Gibbs and Tony, was spot on and I loved every second of it.

The McGee/Tony interaction was great. It wasn't as bromance as we sometimes see but it was very solid friendship which was perfect.

The case was great, i loved the no politics, that always makes the cases much more confusing and though this one had typical NCIS twists and turns, it was follow-able and the premise was incredibly interesting. I liked how it ended up having parallels to Tony's side plot.

Overall, I haven't been this excited for an episode of NCIS for awhile and I couldn't be happier about it. It was total quality. I can't wait for next week!

CBS