NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews (1136)

• Bring back ZIVA!!! Bishop sucks!

The character, Bishop played by Emily Wickersham is an asshole. Why the hell would casting director put her on the show to belittle the rating of the show? She is too obnoxious and cocky. She makes everything out of nothing. Even though the TV show is a replicate of the real NCIS is someways, employees DON'T sit anywhere they like. You've just turned part of the show into a laid-back workplace with a little annoying mouse running around. Why are the female agents in the NCIS team always get killed off? Is it gender discrimination?

Ziva was more professional, respected, intelligent, and has more chemistry with other characters.
  • Cote de Pablo

I write here on behalf of many Belgian and Dutch viewers to please bring Cote de pablo back in the show. We all mis Ziva and want her back. PLEASE!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?! We give a rating of 7,5 to the show now. With Ziva back it becomes a 10 again. She is really missed and the new blond just doesn't work for the show!!!
  • NCIS Blonde Fail

I have given this a chance, but this is not a good fit. Perhaps it is the writing, but the chemistry for the entire team is not there any more. She has cast a cloud over the entire group somehow. It doesn't work. She may be great in something else, but she doesn't have the personality to fit into this group. We had good chemistry from everyone all throughout the years until Bishop arrived. They have to see this. I am just not excited to see NCIS any more. She takes something away. Even chemistry between her an Abby is strained.

I am expecting she has a contract, and I surely hope it is not renewed. It should be about up. Or, at least I hope so.

I am not sure even better writing could build chemistry. It just is not there. It is as simple as that. She doesn't seem to fit into this group. Ziva had sex appeal, intelligence, and chemistry to all. Bishop has the sex appeal of a wet noodle. She shows intellect, but it is one-sided. She is into her own and not into the other partners on the team. She likes to work by herself and makes her own decisions. She doesn't fit our group at all. This has been a destructive choice on the NCIS producers to bring her in. At first I thought she would work well, not so. I am sad to say. And, I too, record the show and may not watch it for awhile and I fast forward through most of it. Sadly, NCIS is Failing.
  • Practice without a license

This comment is for the episode "practice without a license". I am a Navy Corpsman and have been for 18 out of my 20 years. I live and breath USMC for the Marine Corps trained me. This episode hits home for me due to my time and deployments. No one should comment unless they have walked a mile in our boots. Very well done episode. I am also a Paramedic in the world. Gibbs hits home with his lines the same way he did in the episode on the USMC Birthday a few years back with the bullet in his flask. There is not much more sacred than a Marine and their Corpsman and Corpsman and their Marines! I loved the episode, and will always remain a fan. Semper Fidelis. Glenn "Doc" Tannahill HM2/ USN. 8404
  • Strain at a gnat and swallow a camel

The medical snafu was such a minor thing to me. It's the Twit I can't stand. Bishop and the writers seem to be worse every week. The very idea that any red-blooded American male would hit on Bishop is so ridiculous that I thought I was watching Big Bang Theory. And her curiosity about Abby was totally junior-high--which is where she belongs.

How much worse can it get?
  • Practice without a license?

I admit I didn't like that concept. But I think it wasn't that she provided aide, it was the type of aide provided. The fact that she did a tracheotomy on the person was at issue. I'm assuming they saw this as the "practicing without a license". And I think they just needed a jumping off point to draw attention to the real issue at hand which is the discrepancy between how she was treated as a returning Navy Corpsman as opposed to those in the other branches of service. They are looking to draw attention to how the returning corpsman are treated when they return from active duty.
  • the entire plot of Ep8 is baloney !!!

I am not a medical or legal professional, but within a few minutes of hearing their claim of "practicing medicine without a license" I had found credible information online showing that this claim does not apply to first aid at an accident in most . states, including Virginia, where this episode takes place. If I can find it that quickly, then why couldn't the writers or producers of NCIS? You guys seriously FAILED this time.
  • Please stop the torture

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
  • Terrible Legal Flaw in Episode 283

Most states have "Good Samaritan" laws that protect lay persons from legal liability for uncompensated medical care provided to injured or ill persons up to care consistent with the level of training of the provider. The female character - a Navy hospital corpsman trained for combat medical care - appears to have provided care, without compensation, up to the level of training she would be able to document. In no case should she have been criminally liable for the care she provided the accident characters by "practicing without a license".

Good Samaritan laws were passed to encourage people to give appropriate first aid in the critical minutes after accidents or critical sudden onset illnesses. Vermont's law actually imposes a duty to provide first aid, as I understand it.

Episode 283 just reinstated the fear of criminal prosecution and civil liability the Good Samaritan laws were intended to eliminate.

FIX IT. You might save a life with the aid of a "fan" who may now be too uncertain or frightened to provide care, or is now discouraged from pursuing basic first aid training, where they would learn about Good Samaritan laws in their states.

We generally are very loyal and appreciative viewers, but someone really failed to do their homework on this issue. Yes, I know "it's Hollywood", but as an EMT and first aid trainer, I hope you will address the inaccurate premise of this episode.

• Corpsman up!

Tonight 's episode was not probable in Virginia due to 000+cod+8.01-225 . In Virginia, as in Florida, there is a "good Samaritan law"

you guys are stretching veracity , but it was good entertainment.

• Is That It.

Nobody likes Bishop but you keep her so I think she has to be kin to someone high up. Like writer, producer, someone that can demand that an actor be kept on the payroll even if they are the worst actor ever. Is that it?
  • NCIS after S10

I dont like, how NCIS turnt out to be the last few Month - once i couldnt hardly wait to see the newest ep very week and now im not watching it at all anymore. I just cant handle Bishop, i dont think she fits the Team nor fits into NCIS.

If they would replace her with a good fit (it doesnt have to be Ziva, just a good fit!) that would be awsome.
  • Do not like the young blonde girl

My family has loved this show for a decade. The new girl is just not good. We saw this week that Gibbs is trying to fix her, but it won't work. She is too small, weak, silly, and not very smart. She can't be an NCIS agent. Gibbs has very high standards, he would never accept this weak little girl. We just don't want to watch the show any more.

We want Ziva back. She was so good.
  • DO YOU STILL SEE NCIS?

NOT WITHOUT ZIVA. IT IS NOT THE SAME.
  • Finally Catching Up!

Casting Bishop is a big misstep for the show. It makes no sense that Gibbs would think about hiring Nancy Drew to replace a Mossad agent. The show runners should have thought of something more clever. I liked it when they had temps come in and fill-in for a show or two. That could have been lots of fun each week! Like they did with Badger from Breaking Bad or the Polygraph girl. Instead of trying to replace Ziva, just give us a bunch of great characters who give us a great story.
  • NCIS off track

1.5
    Things NCIS got wrong recently:

1. Not giving Tony more SFA episodes

2. Making Tony the comic relief

3. Tony and Tim colonic

4. Tim and Tony looking at napkin-folding website

5. Tony sending Tim off alone while a killer is on the loose because of voodoo doll fear

6. Throwing women at Tony to try to find frat boy Tony

7. Taking lines from Abby and Tim to give to Bishop

8. The easy acceptance of Bishop from everyone on the team

9. Tony going to a men's group

10. Tony offering to make a casserole for Tim

11. No more Gibbs head slaps

12. Ignoring the fans ("We won't be dictated to by social media")

13. The "Don't mention Ziva's name" rule as if she never existed

14. Not writing memorable episodes (who can describe episodes and lines from those episodes from Season 1 - 10? Now try to do the same with Season 11-12.

Things NCIS got right:

5. Episodes about Military sexual assault

6. The return of guests, Dinozzo Diane, Fornell, Abigail Borin

7. Ducky's flashback

• Demo #'s are horrible

The Bishop character was supposed to appeal to younger viewers, the ole fresh face, blonde with quirky mannerisms schtick. Isn't happening. NCIS is losing total viewers and demo numbers so its skewing even older as it loses ratings, according to a recent review I read (i stopped watching last year) and after a year of lower ratings, the show runners are finally appear to be listening to fans and telling the sorority girl to act like an agent instead of an immature brat.
  • Bishop

Unbelievable as an agent much less on Gibbs team. She doesn't fit. I hope they drop her before they ruin the show
  • The Bishop Effect

It is unfortunate that these replies do not allow graphics. But the following should suffice. By setting the first Bishop episode's [Season 11 episode 9] number of viewers equal to 100, we can see how the show has done during her 23 episode run. Her 23rd episode gets an 88.96, 11 percent down from her first episode.

From the numbers below, we can see viewers gave her a chance, but then the numbers began to drop. This equates to a loss of 2.2 million viewers and that equates to advertising revenue. Yes, she is not a very good actress and Glasberg seems to be oblivious to fan reaction to this character. What is surprising is that it is taking the show's producers so long to get a firm grasp on the obvious.

• No love for Bishop (I agree with this review!)

1.5
    You have to be kidding me. I will never watch this show again. I get they wanted a different direction, but did they need an 18-year-old blonde sorority girl with pink lipstick? Never watching again. Number one show will become number 100 very soon! Cote come back PLEEEEZE. I can't stand Nancy Drew for another minute! She belongs on the kids channels, not my fave show NCIS! Oh, and I agree with blues39. I'm sure Bishop would be great on a show like Friends, but NOT NCIS. Oh, did I mention she should be playing Nancy Drew?

• Bishop Needs To Go Far Far Away!

I have tried my best to give this character the benefit of the doubt. She's just too vanilla bean Hello Kitty! Don't replace Ziva with fruit cake, you need a character with some meat (that means no cutesy little blondes are going to work.

• Too Bishop everyone else now 1 dimensional

Since the show brought in the Bishop character the shows have revolved around Bishop, a character with nothing to admire, and all the other characters have become one dimensional.

We used to see the Tony character and Tim character growing, the Gibbs character was shown as a good boss, teacher and father figure [ a boss many of us would like to have had], the Ducky character as a profiler and grandfather figure, the Abby character as a strong, smart female, the Jimmy character as a young man growing into a strong character and growing into his job and finally the Director character Leon as a man who had issues and must come to terms with a great loss and find a way to go on.

What do we now have - Leon is missing - on this show. Gibbs is wishy-washy and not the leader/teacher he was, Ducky is just a Medical Examiner, Jimmy is just some wimp who talks about baby crap, Tony is either mooning over Ziva or womanizing, or wimpy, Tim iis in a long distance relationship with a "disabled" character, Abby has sort of remained the same - still smart and strong but not quite relating to others on the same level.

All this from the introduction of a character that seems semi-autistic, and overly brainy in the most annoying way possible. Bishop is a character that I would dislike working with - perhaps that is part of the problem for me.
  • Hate to follow the trend, but....

I have tried to be patient and see how Bishop's character develops, but have to admit it's just not working for me either. The character may have intelligence, and academic prowess, but her personality is wishy washy and totally lacks the inner strength that made Kate and Ziva so appealing. Her lines are predictable and superficial, her character is boring, and I now find myself hoping her mysterious husband gets reassigned so she will leave the show. Oh how I wish Ziva would return!!
  • End the Nightmare and Get Rid of Bishop

Bishop is now ruining the reruns on the USA Network. That was my sanctuary from the Bishop episodes on Tuesday night. I won't watch them and I won't buy any seasons with her in them. When will this madness with her terrible character end?
  • why wasnt there a episode last week?

Why wasn't there a episode on last week????
  • I miss ziiva but give bishop a chance

Her character seems to match Tim McGee they are both smart. We gave tim's character a chance to grow into an agent and shed the geek title. Give bishop the same chance.
  • Team needs balance with a strong new member

i agree with all the comments on Bishop. It's just not working. Cote de Pablo had great range in acting and Bishop doesn't leave the gate at all beyond sighing and huffing a bit. The team needs to be balanced out with a strong actor who can deliver a nuanced character. Keep Bishop or lose her, but the team needs someone else in addition who can bring the fun and depth back. My rating reflects my opinion of the show today. Not buying season 11 DVDs.
  • Bishop is simply a pawn

The Bishop character simply is not working. There is no "there" there. No character development and her big "thing" was that she sat either on the desk or sat on the floor. What an interesting quirk!!! The old characters don't seem to have the same chemistry with each other. You can tell that the writers and producers have gotten the message about Bishop---she was hardly in last week's episode. Everyone seems to be walking on egg shells now. The Ziva character was so strong that I really think they should pull a "second Darin" on the show. Get a woman to play ZIva but maybe with a harder edge from her year in the Mideast. Bishop always looks like she is a high school senior doing a book report on NCIS. The show stinks with Bishop!!!
  • no ziva no watch

this programme used to be the best thing on tv. since ziva left and has been replaced by a inactive glove puppet, it has failed to new woman agent is rubbish.
  • No longer worth watching

Like most here I've enjoyed several years of NCIS but those days are gone for me. The show has lost it's way and just doesn't cut it anymore. I've no idea who or what the Bishop character is supposed to be and the writing is just banal with no underlying plot line. Get a new batch of writers, give the Bishop character a swift execution and tear filled funeral ala Sasha Alexander, stop trying to fix De Nozo up with the next Mrs De Nozo and get back to why people watched this show in the first place. Whatever it's too late for me. Switched off.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10