NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 Returning September 23, 2014

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews page 2 of 35

• Another one bites the dust

RIP NCIS - It was my absolute favourite show until they forced a shallow cardboard cut out character on us who in one episode sucked all the life out of it. The black eyebrows, heavy frown and supposedly quirky habits of Bishop had me reaching for the remote - and a bucket! - change channels folks - this one will die a slow and sad death if they don't do something quickly! As soon as she joined the team everyone else it seemed loved her instantly, she had ALL the answers, she even pulls Gibbs' strings - how dim do they think we are? There's an elephant in the room and its name is Ziva - we are not blind! They should at the very least have allowed us time to say get used to her absence- instead of covering her empty spot with a lifeless flat two dimensional character called Bishop. I loved the show for its genuine quirkiness, humour and humanity - now I no longer watch it because it no longer has those same elements. Take Bishop out and they may recover some of the old magic. OMG Paleeeeese do something!
  • ZIVA BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bishop is not the New Ziva know one can take her place. so when are you going to take Bishop out she doesn't fit in and i stop watching NCIS and I watch the reruns of NCIS with Ziva in it. Please take Bishop out Please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I want Ziva Back.
  • Awkward, awkward, awkward!

NCIS has had flavor in the mix until this dreadful season. Please, please, please define a personality for Bishop as it is not fun to watch the black eyebrows and withering bleached hair as a prop. I need some substance to define bishop's character. This is not at all acceptable for the devoted NCIS watchers. . My mother told me to write that she was "damm mad".

• ncis - find someone else

Don't like the new girl. Tried to watch a few times after cody left. She brings nothing to the need a kick-ass female.. I haven't watched it since.
  • Bishop kills the show...

Why investigate when there is a Miracle Child who knows everything? The rest of the team just sitting there waiting for Bishop to tell them where to go and who to saving old reruns to watch on Tuesdays and not interested in new sad....
  • CHECK THE BISHOP

@Get over it already:

Excuse me. But my personal hatred for the Bishop character has NOTHING to do with Ziva's absence. While I would love to have her back, I don't expect she WILL be. This is about BISHOP. The character sucks. Period. And don't get me started on the actress.

I'm certain, if you read through this thread would would disagree with you.

================

@NCIS's smart evolution -

Here's the thing, though. It is true that todays NCIS and NSA is, as you say, "increasingly filled with younger, intelligent tech minded women". What you're not seeing is that Bishop might be young, but she is not a tech minded student. She has done nothing but suck up the oxygen from the other characters by being "better" than them. A tech-minded young woman would not be memorizing autopsy manuals, and giving her opinion on a wound that was the cause of death in one case. In McGee, they HAVE the tech-minded young person. He is, in fact, the anti-DiNozzo. I've said this before, I'll say it again. They need to give Bishop her own niche and let her develop it. She has been created to be the nicest, sweetest of them (too nice and sweet for an agent). Let her be the group's diplomat. There are often situations where a softer touch is needed than what even McGee could muster.

==================

@Everyone: Does anyone know how to find stats on acceptance of "Bishop". I ask because I also joined another board but it's a fan board run by the show I think and it drives me nuts that they won't tolerate any negativity about Bishop and keep saying things like most have accepted her and stuff. I'm not buying it. I'm also looking for a regular NCIS board where I can express my views without being chastised for bashing an actress when all I'm doing is complaining about the crappy character. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

@Stoppedwatching: Don't give up on the show, please. Most of us still love it, even if we can't stand the new character. We certainly don't want to see it cancelled.

@idelphi: I totally agree. One fine example of the sustainability of a show is Law & Order... the original, as well as it's SVU spinoff. Law & Order went on for 20 years I think. In the end it had only one of the original characters left. It held strong with tons of cast changes because the succeeding characters were strong in and of themselves and fit in well. Bishop just doesn't.

That said, can you provide some guidance on how to follow her approval as you do? I'm not doubting you one bit, but I would like to keep up on my own.

@AnnMueller39: Man am I glad you said it. The actress playing Bishop is, in my opinion as well, not good at all. I'm on another board and the moderator keeps saying most people like her. I'm not sure I buy it, but I have no way to gauge it.

@ Teelee: I do get your point. However, your reality is not what they are selling. They are showing what New Orleans is KNOWN by most for. Food, music & the French Quarter. NOLA also has swamps, alligators, horribly poor neighborhoods and the like. They're not going to go there.

=================

Look, I'm sorry. I don't want to see anyone on the unemployment line, but Bishop has to go. Period. Yes, I miss Ziva terribly and hold out hope that Cote de Pablo will see her way clear to returning, but this isn't what this is about.

Bishop is a horrible character. My main complaint is that, until now, each character had their individual strengths, from Ducky to Gibbs. All I've seen from Bishop is a display that puts her above the rest. She'd memorized an autopsy manual, she knew better strategy than Gibbs in finding someone, and seems to rival McGee's computer skills. Finally, she seems to be better at making outside connections than all of them. The only one I haven't seen her outdo is Abby, unless I've forgotten something, but I expect she'd show Abby up, as well. All of this wrapped up in a child-like package. It simply doesn't work. You know who I thought might have worked, that woman we saw that was like a female DiNozzo. I can't recall the episode right now but it was one of the early ones this season.

I'm afraid for the future of the show. I really am. I think Bishop will kill it if they don't act fast. As someone below me said, I'm losing interest in the show and it's all on this character.

Anyway, does anyone have a direct email to the producers that I can vent to?

Thanks.

@fromtop: Just read your post (I'm slow) "A possible new episode, Maybe" ... It was brilliant. BTW, Mike Franks is another character they never should have gotten rid of. He was terrific as a recurring / reappearing friend of Gibbs'. He was a wonderful mentor for Gibbs. Their chemistry was off the charts. I loved the episode where Gibbs called on him to help protect his father. Getting rid of him was a crying shame. What is WITH these people.
  • Get over it already!

Everyone keeps whining and moaning that Bishop sucks and they want Ziva back. Guess what, kiddos? She ain't coming back. She left of her own accord and no one else's. Everyone, and even Cote herself, have said that it was her choice and a personal decision. She knew how much NCIS fans loved her and how disappointed everyone would be if she left. She left anyway. Don't let the door hit ya in the caboose on your way out, sweetcheeks. The world is still turning without her and the show will continue. NCIS was solid this season. Lots of well known and likeable recurring characters and a new team dynamic are keeping it fresh but familiar. Change is GOOD, people! If an actor doesn't want to be there, the character is going to suck. I'd much rather watch someone who is having fun at work, anyway.
  • Love this show

I really love this tv series and i would love to see more seasons
  • Bishop BOMBS BIG TIME

Ok,Ziva is not coming back and I hate that,but enough is enough Bishop has no personality what so ever,and where is Gibbs and everyone else's personality didn't the writers use Abby from the coast guard,she is a strong female character and her and the team were terrific together in the episodes she was DON'T HAVE BISHOP have every episode of NCIS on DVD,but will not be watching or purchasing any Harmon if you have any plans to continue on NCIS and any pull at all on this show Please don't let Bishop return or I'm afraid there won't be another NCIS get rid of Bishop.
  • Stopped Watching

I was once a fan to NCIS but this season turned me off. I don't know who hired the actress who's playing Bishop but a cut out copy of Ziva is more lifelike than her. Plus the brotherly banter of Tony and McGee is gone. For the first time I believe that NCIS is in danger of ending unless a major shakeup is done.
  • Season 10 was NCIS's high point

I love the show, and I understand where everyone else is coming from on their viewpoint of Bishop, but I rather enjoy seeing her learn and grow on the show. I look forward to watching it on Tuesday more than anything in the week still, but the thrill factor that was there in season 10 just isn't there anymore. In my opinion season 10 was the best BY FAR. My second favorite is season 5. I feel that over the summer, the writers will have more time to think about everything, and hopefully be able to please a few more fans, because as of now, NCIS's future beyond season 12 is uncertain if the ratings drop anymore. They're still high, but they have gone down in recent months. I will watch the show no matter what happens, and I still love it currently, but I feel as if they can do better. However, the last couple episodes of the season were pretty great.

Now to clear up a few things:

Gary Glasberg didn't create LA, that was Shane Brennan, and he left when LA was created to focus on that. Now everyone is saying GG ruined the show when he arrived, but that was at the end of 2009, and since then some of the best NCIS stories have been told. Like I said, season 10 was amazing, and from what I've heard, pretty much everyone loved the Ziva arc that came out last season. Guess what, GG made those episodes. In fact, they were his direct idea!!

Now to talk about Ziva's departure. I think that when she left it took a huge blow to the show, but I think it may be able to recover if the writers return to what NCIS was. I think they are already beginning that process, because the end of season 11 was very well written in my opinion. She left because of personal reasons. CBS offered her tons of money and she turned it down. I don't know where people are getting it saying that she left because CBS wasn't willing to pay her. No article I've read ever said that. It was her choice, CBS couldn't have changed her mind with a ton of money. I miss her character greatly on the show and her dynamic was fantastic, but Bishop's character could surprise us next season after the writers have had an entire summer to recoup from this years struggle.

The other reason that NCIS wasn't as good this season was because GG and the writing team had most of the season laid out and some scrips written when Cote decided to leave. They then had to rewrite and replan the season from there. When you start behind, you usually stay behind. That's why I think that the writing may not have been as strong.

I have strong hopes that season 12 will be better, but personally, I still loved season 11. I hope to watch some great content from our beloved series this fall. Hopefully, we can all enjoy NCIS again :)
  • Good...

A good show with many of the characteristics of some of the better 1970's crime shows. That is to say there is good acting and good plots but it follows a trend of recent shows that revolve around the legal intersection of Police and Military Police... That is not a very big intersection point. Anyway, I would rather watch it than The Price Is Right....
  • The Gary Glassberg Effect - aka Death Of a TV Show

Just as many reviewers/fans have said I too long for the old days of NCIS. I also feel that ever since GG added NCIS LA spinoff, all the good writing is going to that. NCIS scripts are so predictable I don't even get excited for new epi's like I used to. I miss the old and way better story arcs that were amazing and chock full of nail biting danger. like La Grenouille injuries were real for and scary for example (remember SWAK? Hiatus?). Now even after a bomb going off in the NCIS blg, or our rare action scenes with gunfire, etc - the injuries are sooo lame and unrealistically 100% better in the next scene such asTim getting glass in his side (the ONLY bombing injury? Please!) - then he was fine a couple of scenes later. It's gotten so bad now that even when writers do try to give us a nail biting buildup to a disaster or danger, I don't get nervous at all cz I know everyone will be miraculously unscathed. Other examples of lazy complacent writing since GG took over, are just boring and predictable scripts with no regard for the millions of viewers who made the show #1. I wish they wld get rid of GG and add some fresh writers to the writing team or I guarantee a huge rating decline next year. Give Tony something to sink his teeth info and a hot hard to get love interest!! She doesn't have to work at NCIS btw.
  • A real crying shame

It's a shame when I would rather watch re-runs (of what used to be my favorite show) then the new episodes with Bad fit that from the neck down she looks like and dresses like a 12 year old, and those black eyebrows with the bleached blond just not working for me. When Ziva replaced Kate it was was ok and I liked her but she just didn't strike me as a tough NCIS The interaction between her and the others was great, plus I loved that she was so tough but yet so beautiful and feminine. And of course the new plots are just not even close to being as good as they used to be!! A real crying shame!!!
  • Kill off Bishop

I am one of the tech-minded, saavy women in the supposed target demographic and I actively dislike Bishop. Her character isn't real, is poorly written and even more poorly acted. I can't watch more than 2 minutes of her during any show. But even worse, the writing this season is just bad, the plots are unbelievable and all the other characters are also becoming flat and uninteresting -- even Gibbs. Get rid of everyone who thought Bishop was a good idea because they clearly don't understand their target demographic at all, hire new writers and seriously: please kill off Bishop. I will watch that entire episode.
  • What have TPTB at CBS been smoking!?

NCIS used to be a great show. Started going downhill shortly after GG took over, but was still watchable with an occasional great episode. Then CBS had to play hardball with CDP's contract and walked away from negotiations when it came apparent she wasn't budging on wanting a year contract. Wrong move, CBS, as her character helped increase ratings. Then they made matters worse by treating Cote and her character as a pariah, not even having her name mentioned. Then they added a unnecessary character that didn't fit in and tried to force feed her to us. And despite massive complaints about Bishop and the dropping ratings, they STILL refuse to get rid of her. And lying about how the show is doing is making fans angrier. Fans are not stupid-they can read social network comments and fan reviews and know how to find how well the show is doing in the ratings (which in the US is very outdated and inaccurate, but still showing a major drop). CBS is acting like a child denied a candy bar in regards to Cote and her character and is making already angry fans irate! I hate to break it to CBS, but you want to appeal to fans, not alienate them. Ignoring fan outcry is chopping off the hand that feeds you. Fans generate revenue and NCIS is losing them.
  • OH FOR THE GOOD OLE DAYS

We have been all over Gary Glasberg and the writers, but what about Mark Harmon? Does he like what his character has morphed into? I would think as a "biggie" he would have a lot of say and pull. The dynamics between all the characters have changed so much since they added Bishop. Just not good. Easy to miss the new glued to the "oldies"!!

Watching "Truth of Consequences" on USA, a perfect example of the NCIS I loved. Where the characters were the characters that made the series #1.

I don't think its just Ziva being gone (but a BIG part of it), or Bishop not fitting in (a HUGE part of it), but they have changed the character of the whole team. Gibbs isn't Gibbs, Tony not Tony, Tim not Tim. All of them are not the same. The new personalities just don't do it for me.
  • Do I Have To Say It? We Told You So Glasberg

It's quite simple, it's not rocket science or long never ending posts. The long drawn out demise of this show is the writers, producers and yes, even, the great Mark Harmon's fault. NCIS should of ended last season. Let's be honest about it. How many times have we seen the same plots over and over again? The crime solving , really? That was not the reason we made appointment television with NCIS. The reason was the characters, their interactions , intertwined with the sub plot of the crime.

I will fully admit, I am a full blown Tiva shipper. I was the moment Cote de Pablo wandered into that bullpen and plopped herself in McGee's chair. It was instant chemistry. I , will also be brutally honest, I was not a Kate fan. However, the transition between Kate and Ziva was seamless - I know many still to this day miss Kate, but the plot made sense to the actresses wish to leave the show -- I found no chemistry with Kate (pain in the arse to Tony or a brother figure and in McGee a big relationship with Gibbs, pained me) something was missing. That missing piece was a wonderfully written character named Ziva.

Ziva had a deep past.. a complex story. She mirrored Gibbs in many ways - but uniquely her own. We watched her grow as we watched Gibbs grow.. Tony and yes McGee.. strong, determined woman who found out that needing others was not such a bad all did.

Glasberg , I believe had a wonderful end to NCIS last season. Tony and Ziva , should of been given a spin off chance.. Gibbs retire or go to NOLA to train a new team and organization -- McGee given his own team. Ducky retire and Jimmy becomes McGee's Ducky. Abby? *gulp* I really have no interest in her future. She just needs to grow up already. But, the most highly rated two episodes of NCIS , Shab't Shalom and Shiva (WHY!?!? TIVA THAT'S WHY!) us with literally 15 total minutes Tony and Ziva .. a Casablanca kiss at the airport edit out, what Michael Weatherly says was more interaction with Tony and Ziva screaming "is that it?"-- as Tony pulls out Ziva's star of do they keep in contact? What is next for Ziva? Most of us can figure it out --- and over the course of this season, most of us decided , enough was enough.

I will also be quite honest, I have not seen a single episode this season. I refused. Many friends of mine have and now wish they had not wasted their time. After watching this show from Yankee White to the good bye of Ziva , it was very hard for me not to, but I found no point in it. I can see I was right. We told you so Glasberg.

Ratings are down significantly. Most watch with nothing but complaints about the 'new girl' , as being milquetoast - Gibbs not being Gibbs - Tony aimlessly cracking half funny jokes - McGee with his girlfriend which draws virtually no fan base of excitement - Ducky , who is literally retired in his mind and cares and that ridiculous grin. Abby? enough. We have a disaster to a once great series.

Most of us can solve the 'crimes' in a matter of 10 the interaction of the cast , the writing, the snappy , witting looks and liners and background stories show falls and this show fell. It pains me deeply to say it, but its true. Mark Harmon himself, constantly says, "Its the characters that make this show"

What can be done? Bury it properly. Wrap it up in Season 12. It's time. The most painful thing is watching genius television to die a slow death. Move to The Blacklist , to cable dramas , to good quality television , as NCIS once was -- They simply believed that the fans or fanatics (as I once was) would stay forever.. they were wrong. I do not miss it. What I miss is what it once was.. not what it is today.

Bring back Cote , maybe I will reconsider -- but only if it is to spin off Tony and Ziva .. allow Gibbs to move on or move up and as for the rest of them? Dare I cares.
  • French vision of Bishop

I hardly ever bother to make a review, but here we really hope she will not stay long, we much prefer Dilala, or else. Bishop just DOES NOT play well. She is a little like Katheryn Winnick, top model fit but just not really an actress. Not only is she Ill playing, but moreover her character looks so fake and unfit.

She is so clearly a fake blond which completes her fake playing. Her character is so weak. Just to make her different she is just empty. Palmer's girl friend is much more fit because even her, she generates more sympathy and she just look true and real. This one Bishop just break the whole ambiance. It's just painful each time. Hope somebody hear us. Because we still watch but................
  • Something needs to change

If a 2.3 demo and 15.66 viewers won't make them understand that something needs to change quickly, I don't know what will. And don't tell me that for the other TvShows is the same because it's a lie and you know it (take a look at NCIS LA). Sure, there are shows going down, just like other years, and that's valid for people going out because of the spring/summer and global warming too. So, stop making excuse, and please, do something to save NCIS
  • mothra85

I have to agree in the past several weeks since she joined the show the rating weekly. Bishop is like fitting a square peg into a round hole on this once top rated show. It is turning more in to a sex driven show rather than a Navel Investigating Unit. . and the blank look on Gibbs face as this stupid character (Bishop)rattles on and on , He has always held Ducky, Abby and McGee to such high standards , but then these 3 intelligent people are the ones that usually help him solve the case along with his famous gut. Where is his gut in this new boring character and the lousy writing and su7bhect. DROP THE SEXUAL ESCAPADES TO MAKE THIS A #1 SHOW . WE ENJOYED THE CASE SOLVING OF CRIMES AGAINST THIS COUNTRY This last episode rates a minus a 1.0
  • NCIS's smart evolution

What's boring is to stick with the same type of characters for NCIS. To continue to appeal to viewers who know that today's NCIS and NSA is increasingly filled with younger, intelligent, tech-minded men and women, the TV series is smart and right to introduce new characters like Bishop. Young women, particularly, are an important part of the agencies' new make up. NCIS recent ratings uptick among the key 18-49 age viewers is a positive reflection of this recognition.
  • Dear lord no!

Please don't tell me that Bishop will be back next season, are you guys freakin nuts! Seriously you can't see for yourselves that she's an embarrassment to the show, she's boring, can't play the part and make it even somewhat believable. We have gotten over the fact that you were dumb enough to let Cote go no matter what the reason but you could have at least replaced her someone much more suitable. At this point I don't know if I'll even watch next season since this one was such a huge disappointment, NCIS LA is by far much better. In a few short words you could have found someone who could deal with a head slap and maybe it's the producers who need one.
  • No Bishop, no Glasberg, or no NCIS

1.5
    1. Bishop is a total fubar of a fit, even Delilah is a much better fit.

2. The writing/directing really sucks this year - also say goodbye to Glasberg, please.

3. Mark, as someone who was at UCLA when you were - fix the boat before is sinks through the bottom of your basement - LOL

4. I remember when you were an All American at UCLA and you were asked if you thought you would be drafted by the NFL, not being 6' 3" tall and all. You said more or less: "It doesn't matter, I plan on becoming an actor:)
  • NCIS SUCKS

They must have new writers who SUCK and write PABLUM... Pair that with the loss of Ziva and the addition of the boring blonde and you've KILLED one of the best shows on television. Not any more; now it just plain SUCKS
  • Demo #'s are horrible

The Bishop character was supposed to appeal to younger viewers, the ole fresh face schtick. Isn't happening. NCIS is losing total viewers and demo numbers so its skewing even older as it loses ratings,
  • Going, going . .

Bishop is a terrible casting choice for Ziva's replacement. She's ruining the program.

Dianne Neal who plays the CGIS agent, Abby Boren, in a few episodes would be an EXCELLENT choice for Ziva's replacement.
  • Dumbed down season

Up until this season, I've watched every episode . I can't bear it anymore. The new character, Bishop, is an excellent example of miscasting - I now refer to NCIS as "dumbed down". Ziva was a complex adult, and together with the rest of the excellent cast, gave NCIS substance, and an edge. Now we have this little girl who adds nothing, and manages to bring everyone else down to her level.

PLEASE, before it's too late - do something!
  • Wickersham is wrong person for NCIS

I cannot stand her sitting on the floor and always reminding that she's married although jobs that require so much time are reasons most are not married. During the episodes in New Orleans, Zoe McLellan came on like Cote de Pablo did when she first started. Here is a person that knows what she is doing, fits into the cast very well and would be significantly better on Gibb's team than Wickersham.

PLEASE bring Zoe McLellan to the regular NCIS and maybe get Beth Reisgraf to be the agent in New Orleans.
  • Don't like Bishop

I think that the actress playing Bishop is not working as part of the NCIS team. She adds nothing to the show. I don't want the show cancelled, because I really love it. I have all ten seasons on DVD, not sure about getting season eleven. They need to bring Ziva back so that Tony can get married. He is getting a little old for the playboy thing. Covering subjects like Sexual Assaults in the military, is not going to help the mess that is season eleven. To save the show, send Bishop back to she old job and get CGIS Abbey Boren or one of the old cast members to replace her. How about neat Nickie or Dornagett.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10