NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 Returning September 23, 2014

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews page 24 of 36

• This one of the best American drama shows ever to shown on British television.

I first saw this show on a hotel TV during a holiday in the States in 2006. I was immediately struck by the great interaction between the characters and the excellent mix of gritty action and humour. It was great to see David Mccallum back on our screens though I felt that all the actors were doing a great job and obviously enjoying playing the charactors. The show as gone from strength to strength and it is difficult to pinpoint a favourite character but if pushed to pick I would say Abby just for her sense of fun. I hope that this show runs for a very long time.
  • One of the best shows ever.

Who would have thought that I'd ever start watching NCIS? Certainly not me, since I am pretty tired of most forensic shows (I absolutely exclude Bones from this, next to NIS the best show), I have even given up on the CSI shows because they've become so boring (no offense).
    In my mind NCIS has always been another clone of that franchise. Boy, I couldn't have been any more mistaken!
    The whole writers strike made me look for something new to watch, so I decided to give this show a try and I am so happy I did.

From the first episode I have seen - "Yankee White" -everything that makes a show great and entertaining is there.
    The characters relationships with each other is pure fun to watch - the always grumpy Gibbs seems very often like a father to the rest of his team. I love the funny snarking and banter between Kate and Tony, Abby and Ducky round up a great, well-oiled team (and later McGee).

While the cases are good and interesting, it's the characters that make this this show a hit and rewatchable.

The show risked a lot when they killed of Kate because Sasha Alexander wanted out of the show, instead of simply transferring her, leaving the door open for a possible guest appearances.

By the time I reached S3 on my DVDs I was very wary how I would like the show, because Kate is my favorite character.
    Now I am relieved that the new addition, Mossad Officer Ziva David fits very well into the established team.
    And while I still miss Kate, I think the show is still absolutely engaging, because it has enough other likable things going for it.

So, I would say, their risk paid off, the show is still going strong, as far as I am concerned one of very few shows that I watched have pulled this off successfully ("Prison Break" should have taken this as an example to handle such a casting problem, but instead totally bombed and jumped the shark when faced with a similar situation. Sorry, I disgress, but I am still in the anger phase.)

So, anyway, I highly recommend this show to anyone who likes forensic drama, a strong cast, solid stories and lots of humor.
  • crime solving with a little something extra

ncis i like no other crime show that i watch. not only does it solve cases and has all the gun drama but it also focuses on the characters and characters relationships which i think is really good. the episodes never dissapoint and all have an interesting story line. all the characters work well together and the actors play their parts fantastically. and unlike most other tv programmes ncis always has something to write about and will never repeat the same story line again and again and i hope this show does many many more seasons and cbs does not cancel.
  • What happened to agent Lee?

I thought it was really cute how Lee and Palmer used to sneak around. And then she never came back for season 5. I don't remember if her departure was even explained. I know she and Palmer are just recurring characters, but they could have thrown a line or two at the subject. Maybe something about how agent Lee was transferred to another office abroad or something.

Come to think of it, I don't recall anything more from Gerald, Ducky's assistant before Palmer. He was in the Kill Ari episode, where they mentioned that he was still in physical therapy, but he never came back to work at NCIS and they never explained what happened to him.

Or maybe they did explain and I just missed it.
  • Extremely funny show with believable characters and pretty accurate forensic plot lines!

Awesome television show with a great mix of humor and seriousness! The forensics is pretty accurate, with the exception of Hollywood Drama slip ups to make it more exciting. This show though makes you keep coming back for more and is very easy to get addicted to, and once it grabs a hold of you, it doesn't let go easily! Though Sasha Alexander (Kate Todd) is sorely missed, Cote de Pablo (Ziva David) has filled in beautifully! This show though wouldn't be what it was without all of its cast, and I hope this show continues for much longer!
  • Definetly one of the best shows on T.V

I love this show and the actors are great. When i first heard about this show i was like confused 'NCIS' must be crap. but oneday i was just flippin the channels and came across this show. It is one of the best shows ever made its a classic. the characters are great, all the episodes are awesome. They all have a bit of good humour and action that all makes sense at the end. Great show!! !. Oh yeah i forgot to mention that the actors are brilliant, influential, they make you want to become an NCIS agent. (",)
  • NCIS centres around the work and life that goes on within the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, a federal government agency with jurisdiction over any crime that has links to the US Navy or the US Marines Corps.

The show adopts a crime procedural format, following a team of agents, their work and their interactions. The team is led by Supervisory Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, a tough, smart former Gunnery Sergeant with outstanding investigation and interrogation skills. Gibbs has an intuition second to none and is the glue that holds the show and the team together.

Gibbs' senior field agent is Special Agent Tony DiNozzo, a former homicide detective, who though fun-loving and sometimes immature, is a very competent and loyal addition to the team. The other two field officer team members are Mossad Liaison Officer, Ziva David, a trained Israeli Assassin who had never conducted an interrogation without causing bodily harm, and Special Agent Timothy McGee, a young agent fresh out of MIT. The non-field team members are Dr. Donald 'Ducky' Mallard, the Chief Medical Examiner, his assistant Jimmy Palmer, and the gothic NCIS forensic technician, Abigail Sciuto. The Team is also helped or hindered by Gibbs' former protégée, NCIS Director, Jenny Shepard.

NCIS is not like the other crime procedurals, it offers, on top of a generally faster and more exciting pace and plot, a distinctive comedy element cleverly woven between the entertainment genius of the NCIS team dynamic.
  • It keeps plugging along

While NCIS will never be CSI or NYPD Blue, it is still a great little crime drama. It's success has more to do with it's cast than anything else. Of all the crime dramas it has the most lovable characters. Abby, Duckie, Gibbs, Probie, Ziva, and Tony are worth tuning in each week to see. They work well together and they manage to solve crimes at the same time. The Bellasario family has succeeded in creating another niche drama that can hold a steady audience. Like it predecessor, JAG, NCIS appeals to a certain type of audience, but those viewers are loyal. Being the granddaughter of Navy men on both sides of the family, I loved to watch JAG and love to watch NCIS. They feel like family to me. I hope that NCIS will live as long and as prosperously as JAG.
  • It's been a while since i watched it

It's nice, i gave it 8.8 and i don't think i would give it 10 or 9. But, it's been real fun watching it. Nonetheless, it can't be compared with CSI or CSI: Miami which is my personal favourite of all CSI or similar shows. More about the show...: It's a "new" look on government and those special cops. Thee are some nice actors, real characters, like the weird one working in the lab, she's the best. Anyway, it's about solving problems, i mean cases in the navy of America. The thing that i mind, as in most of the American shows is that ONLY the Americans are good, blessed, nice cops, who only seek the justice, and Russians, Mexicans, Serbians and others are always the bad guys, but i guess that's more into politics, so i won't go there. At the end, i must say it's a nice show, and you won't waste your time if you watch it, that's for shore. Still, i put it on my favourite shows ;))
  • One of my favorite

This is one of my favorite tv shows i watch it every week and if i like an episode enough i might even watch it again. I like the way it's written it's funny when it needs to be and serious when the situation calls for it. I hope the station is going to pick it up for at least 2 season's because if it ends i'll be sad most of all because i'll miss tony...he is my favorite character from the show. What i like most about this show is the fact that even if it contains crimes and they investigate them the action isn't always set on it...it's not discusting. It's like a breath of fresh air amist all the blood and crimes in other shows.
  • A show about very unique individuals that work for Naval Criminal Investigative Service of the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps.The Individuals include:

Supervisory Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. He is the lead investigator on there cases. He is very good at his job. Was in the Marines and has won many medals. Next in command is Anthony DiNozzo is a streetwise former homicide detective. He is always flirting with women. He loves messing with his colleagues, playing pranks and going through there things. He offend gets hit in the back of the head by Gibbs. DiNozzo typically shows teenage behavior but is still very loyal to his colleagues and co-workers He is always Quoting movies. Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard, M.D., M.E. is the Chief Medical Examiner at NCIS.Ducky is Scottish and has an eccentric habit of talking to the dead bodies upon which he performs autopsies. His other habit is his tendency to ramble on about what he calls his "salad days" to anyone within earshot. He lives with his 96 year old mother.Abigail "Abby" Sciuto is the forensic scientist in at NCIS. Abby wears gothic style of dress, with at least nine tattoos on her neck, arms, back, ankle and other places which are only hinted at. She has a happy-go-lucky attitude and a sweet personality. Abby is a hearing child of deaf parents and likes her music loud. Abby thrives on caffeine but she drinks them in form of a soda, Caf-Pow. She is rewarded by Gibbs with this when she gives him answers. She is very good at her Job.Tmothy "Tim" McGee is a Special Agent at NCIS. He is a conservative dresser, apparently nervous around women, and gifted with computers. He also loves to write mystery/crime novels. He is allergic to cats and Poison Ivy (of which he had two encounters), and gets seasick even in port. He likes to play online games. He is made fun of my Tony and regularly suffers at the hands and smart alec comments of DiNozzo. Tony calls Tim Probie. Abby for a while and they remain close friends. Ziva David is the newest member of the team. Trained as an assassin by Mossad, she was a member of a special counter-terrorism division of Mossad that trains their agents in assassinations, espionage and coercion for tracking down and dealing with terrorists. She has a photographic memory, and speaks six languages: English, Hebrew, Spanish, Arabic, Turkish and French. She is also able to speak basic German, Italian and Russian. She is an Aggressive driver. There are lots of other characters that make up a great cast. This show is very good. It is on my top ten and gets better every season. dont cancel it. its soooo funny. Its a show everyone can watch.
  • LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

This show is the best. My mom was in the Navy, and it nice to see a show dealing more with it. It's just like JAG but even better, I love the whole CSI stuff. The team on this show is great and works well together. They make the show funny and not many shows can do that. I tell everyone how great this show is and how much u learn. The guys are also cute. It's funny and I love it when Gibbs gives his look, He means Business. I believe that it is Gibbs that makes the show; He is funny smart and Cute for an older person! When he gives his workers the LOOK! You know he means business and wants things done right!
  • ncis is the best programme 2 ever be screened!

all the characters are fantastic!! ncis actors are brilliant at what they do. i'm constantly glued to the tv, i can watch episodes i've seen before over and over and never get bored of it!! gibbs, tony n abbey are my favourite characters although they are all fantastic!! i hope they never stop filming ncis, i would be gutted!! i also think michael weatherly who plays special agent anthony dinozzo is gorgeous!!! mark harmon, gibbs, is amazing no one else could play the part so well, the show wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for him. and ducky, well he's a total legend!
  • The 4 special agents, an M.E and a forensic specialist who work at NCIS solve crimes involved with Marine and Navy officers. They also track down terrorists.

This show is awesome! I started watching it a couple of months ago and now my family calls me obsessed.The actors and actresses do an awesome job, and I can't wait for all the new episodes. They do a great job with all the episodes. It always takes an unexpected spin, and when you least expect it. I get so excited when Tuesday night comes, that its almost all I think about.

I wish Kate hadn't died, she was a good character,but so is Ziva. I think Tony is funny talking about all the cute girls he sees. I also think the relationship between McGee and Abby during the 2nd season was funny, like when McGee catches Palmer with Abby in her lab. The fact that Gibbs doesn't use power tools when he builds his boat is a neat concept. All the characters are special in their own way. All the cast and crew do a great job. I love show!
  • A breath of fresh air amist a cloud of cloned crime shows!

This is my favorite show on TV right now! I love that they incoperate humor into what could be a very serious show. I really don't think I would watch NCIS if it were not for the brilliant actors and the comedy. Without the comedy this would just be another CSI. I also like how you get to see more into the personal lives of the characters then on the CSI shows, this show is not always focused on the forensic and crime scene aspects. I hope NCIS continues for many seasons to come because this is the one show I look forward to seeing every week!
  • Quick witted drama

I love this programme. It has fantastic character that I just love. This programme is about Naval Crime Investigation Service. This team investigate the deaths of Naval officers. Agent Leroy Gibbs is the head of the team. He has Tony Dinozzo, Ziva David, Doctor Mallard, Timothy Mcgee and Abby Scitzo. In charge of Gibbs and his team is ex partner in both sense of the word is Jenny Shepard. Each member plays a vital part in this fantastic programme. They each have their own characteristic that makes this programme unique. You also don't have to had watched JAG to watch this as it is a completely separate programme and nothing from JAG is ever brought up. An overall fantastic programme that you can watch re runs of and never get bored.
  • Great show!

I love this show its the lonely show I love it from all my heart I hope will be the show in the world.but what i cand understand why we wait all thes time for a new episode after Tribes what thats mean why all thes time what the problem ,I hope will be more exaiting, and i hope we will not see just a drama we wish to see thats ncis we was waiting all the night whers ziva and abby wheres all thes pepole why we can see theam like they was i hope i see thesm like they were.
  • This show is about NCIS agents having adventures while solving mysterious crimes.

NCIS first aired September 23, 2003 on CBS. It's about Naval Criminal Investigate Services agents that solve many cases. The main cast is: Agent Ziva David(played by Cote de Pablo), Jethro Gibbs(played by Mark Harmon), Special Agent Tony D'Nozzo(played by Michael Weatherly), Dr. Ducky Mallard(played by David McCallum), and Specialist Abby Scuito(played by Pauley Perrette). I rate this show a 8.5. NCIS was also a spinoff of CBS show JAG. Now regulars Lauren Holly(who plays NCIS Director Jenny Shepard) and Cote de Pablo(plays Ziva David) have taken place after Sasha Alexander who played Kate Todd left. In my opinion, this is one of the best crime/drama shows. Keep up the good episodes and seasons NCIS!
  • Best crime show out there!

I didn't like JAG much so I thought NCIS was gonna be a total waste of time till I saw it and WOW was I wrong! It is so funny and sweet and can be really dark and sad at times too. Tony is by far the funniest but Ziva is funny too the way she mixes up american sayings. Gibbs is Gibbs what more do you have to say? Kate dying was sad for me cause I liked her and was sad to see her go and I miss her but Ziva does a good job of replacing her. CBS keep this around cause it ROCKS!!! (borrowed from Angel-Angelus cause i'm short on time right now.)
  • Not CSI

Okay. I've watched this show and the best part of it is Sasha Alexander. And Mark Harman was, I suppose, alright back in the day but this show is "Corny". I prefer watching CSI: Miami instead of this. And I think Horatio Caine is a dork. So lets say If there is nothing else on I'll switch between NCIS and MTV. Maybe I'm lucky and only get to see Sasha. If you think that CSI: Miami is too hardcore for you (HAHAHEHE) then feel free to switch over to NCIS (where the magic stops). Hey you might like it but don't bother trying to sell it to me!
  • quick question about NCIS....does anybody know why 'Tribes' did not air yesterday 18 of December 2007?

quick question about NCIS....does anybody know why 'Tribes' did not air yesterday 18 of December 2007? I was looking forward to it. and does anybody know when the next episode will air? I love NCIS i think it is a smart well scripted show that keeps you coming back for more. IT is one of the few comedy/crime/dram show out there with good cast and explosive episodes. although i would like to see more emphasis and more attention on the relationship between tony and ziva, there is still enough meat on the individual episodes to keep me satisfied. Long live NCIS
  • Love NCIS, love this episode. Its good to see them at their best.

Love NCIS, love this episode. Its good to see them at their best. I think that Pauly Perrete's character is my favourite alongside that of Mark Harmons'. Classic episode, played well by a good cast. I would like to see the producers and writers delve more into Gibb's life and 'ressurect' some friends and foes. This episode was well written and acted. The story was top notch too. I love the humour in the series and how Dinozzo interacts with 'Proby' McGee. I'd like to know more about what might/could happen between McGee and Abi. It's hard to make 100 words lol.
  • ncis is THE best show ever! not one of the best, but the best! i am ncis' number 1 fan! i love ncis so much, i cant wait for the next episode! ncis rox!

ncis has a lot of things that most show dont have, like the very unique cast, and charactors. they actuly seem like a family on set, with gibbs being the father figure, and the others being the kids, and abby being the favorite! and jen, well she just needs to leave the show! and cornell mannhands, needs to back off gibbs! if any of the charactors(other than jen and cornell mannhands) i would be devistated! i miss kate so much! im mad a sasha alexander though, because she didnt thinik she was good enough! ~ncis' number one fan(so know me as abbyncis)
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
  • One of the best shows ever broadcasted.

NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) is more than a usual crime scene drama TV show; it's a great mix of action, drama and humor. A characterisation that makes NCIS quite different than all others TV shows.
    The show is about a team of Major Case Response Team (MCRT) Special Agents who investigates almost any kind of crime involving people or properties of the US Navy and the US Marine Corps. Clever and original plots, great actors and a story line that could rarely disappoint you are the principal features of this show. It is also noted for its character development across the seasons, which is unusual in this kind of shows.
    What else could I say? This show is getting better every season!
  • Acting, lighting, music, directing is all top drawer. Favourite program easily, only a slight problem with some of the missing parts...

For a die hard NCIS fan I absolutely go crazy when Tuesday comes around. The acting is first-class, letting the watchers know what the character is feeling behind his or her outer-shell.

The characters are perfect and even if they are a little cliche with the nerd, the good-looking, the hard-ass and the pretty woman, they bring a whole new look to each of these stereotypes, making the show a must-see.

Trust me, it's hard to find a fault with this show and many people agree, however it does slightly annoy me when the writers leave bits out which are, I believe, vital to the show. For example; a bit more depth into Tony's feelings after the episode 'Twilight' would have been very enjoyable. Fortunately that is the only thing that I can think of, but if you want a show purely for entertainment, a bit of a giggle, action and full of bad-ass marine then this is no doubt the show for you.

New to the fandom? Definately stick with this one. It is only getting better...
  • In NCIS, 10 amazing actors/actresses use the latest technology to solve crimes when marines and sailors are the victoms. NCIS is an amazing and little known show involving a little known agency. It is on CBS fridays, comcast on-demand, and dvd.

If you have seen this show and are not addicted to it, then think back and try to remember who hit in the head. This is undibatibly the best crime drama show, and if not, it's the best show on tv. It is not your averadge crime show where they either only shoot or solve they entire time, they do both for 44 minutes strait. There is absolutely no daught that this is the funniest drama ever produced. The team has a former secret-service agent named Kate who thinks tony is a neandrathal (up until she is shot in the head), computer geek named Tim MaGee (aka probe), a fun-loving agent named Tony or DiNozoo tht acts acts like a kid wiht his endless fun and energy, Gibbs, the boss who is a retired marine gunnery sergent with piles of medals, and to replace Kate, Musod agent named Ziva, you would not mess with if you to be alive in ten seconds.

P.S. An Isrealy Musod agent is a member of a top secret federal agency, and not to mention a trained assasin and expert of all weapons. For example, when Tony got Ziva mad, she said, " I will kill you ten different ways wiht this paper clip."
  • One of the best shows... after Alias...

After Alias, I became very critical, none of the shows really interested me. That's why I've started quite late to get into NCIS, but it really has it all, drama, a little bit of fun, romance, action. I like it.

Now I just wait for the next season, in Europe it's not available yet!! We always have to wait a lot!!

So, I just read TV.com in order to understand what will come next. Thanks to you all in fact!

Tony-Ziva... will see. Hope sometimes they will finally understand they like each other... well, hoping it won't be too late as for Tony and Kate!
  • NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) is an action drama, about a team of special agents whose mission is to investigate any crime that has a shred of evidence connected to Navy and Marine Corps personnel regardless of rank or position.

Leading this team that operates outside of the military chain of command is NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a highly skilled investigator and interrogator who is smart, tough and willing to bend the rules to get the job done. Working under Gibbs is Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly), a former homicide detective who has instincts that come only from working on the streets. Joining them are Agent Kate Todd (Sasha Alexander), a beautiful, tough former Secret Service agent who has gone head to head with Gibbs in the past, and forensics specialist Abby Sciuto (Pauley Perrette), a gifted scientist whose dark wit matches her goth-style hair and clothes. New to the team is Special Agent Timothy McGee (Sean Murray), a graduate of MIT whose computer skills earned him a spot on Gibb's team as a probationary field agent and Ziva David (Cote de Pablo )a former Moussad agent who shares a bond with Gibbs over the death of his arch nemesis, Ari, the terrorist who killed former NCIS Special Agent Kate Todd.

Assisting the team is medical examiner Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard (David McCallum), who knows it all because he's seen it all. From murder and espionage to terrorism and stolen submarines, these special agents travel the globe to investigate all crimes with Navy
  • Edgy, gripping and funny - classic components needed for a great show! Lucky for NCIS, it has all of these!

NCIS is probably one of the few shows that I can watch over and over again! When I first saw the pilot episode in JAG, I knew it would spark a spin-off, and when it finally happened I was so happy! It just has it all: it leaves the viewers wanting more, its realistic and it has just enough comedy to lighten the seriousness of each episode.
    Although I luv the show, it does have its downsides - even Gibbs isn't that lucky in solving cases, then again he does have a really talented team of special agents and of course forensic scientist and M.E.! Not to mention, it is all 'fiction' or so they say!
    In short, this show is way better than the CSI series because I believe they are way too 'Hollywood' - I mean seriously who looks like that when they go out on crime scenes! At least NCIS wear the uniforms!
    No one has ever said if Gibbs ever really burried his wfe and daughter or if they had been killed and are missing. All that you ever hear him say is (The last time I saw them).Which makes me want to think someday his wife and daughter are going to come back into the picture and on to the show and that is when Gibbs is going to leave the show to be with the family he thought he lost many years ago. Why else would they keep putting them both in almost every episode now. Does anyone else feel this way? That this could happen?