Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

NCIS Fan Reviews page 3 of 43

• All Episodes

I have been unable to watch (believe me I tried) NCIS since Bishop joined the team. It is actually painful, as she is such a horrible actress. She needs to put us out of our misery and ask to be released from her contract. SHE CAN'T ACT!! NCIS was a "never miss" for I just search for reruns. It's not that no one can replace liked Kate, too. It's that all the chemistry in this show is has single handedly ruined the show.
  • NCIS - still going - but some changes are needed.

I've recently gone back to the beginning and rewatched the entire series. NCIS has always been entertaining TV with interesting main characters in Gibbs and DeNozzo. I don't name any other main characters because there are none.

McGee is the 'Probie' that screws up so often he's a hindrance. He's inflicted with numerous fears, phobias and allergies and his main function is kicking bag for DeNozzo. He's hopeless as a boy scout - vomits on every boat he gets onto, has been responsible for injuries inflicted on Gibbs and DeNozzo and has killed another officer. It's amazing that he hasn't been fired since his only saving grace is computer skills which lately seem woefully, completely out of date. His whining over his many woes is also grating.

Female lead characters are too regularly replaced. Bishop is the latest - and worst - in a string of female leads and is so wrong for the part everyone but the producers can see it. Delicate little girls don't make believable field agents and no one in their right mind believes she can tackle men twice her size to the ground without the training that Ziva had no matter how many brothers she has.

This series has lasted 12 years thanks to Gibbs and DeNozzo. or thanks to the writing that heavily favours those two characters over all others and before I hear the wails of protest - Gibbs and Denozzo have been shot, kidnapped, attacked, blown up, hospitalised, etc dozens of times each. Never have they shot a fellow officer or injured their own team. McGee has injured DeNozzo -( broken nose) and Gibbs (broken arm), and killed another officer. His serious injury count is about five all the way up to season 11 - including getting kicked in the #$%^ by Kate, and a dislocated shoulder that was his own fault. Glass in the gut was a stitch or two job, and he's been knocked out once or twice. That's it. Overall he's done more damage than good and he's only around so that DeNozzo can kick someone. That's why I say the writers strongly focus on making Denozzo and Gibbs look fab and all other characters are support only.

It's good to see a series where the characters actually grow and develop - at least in DeNozzo's case. He's grown more mature in this last season - thankfully. Gibbs has become somewhat colder and less approachable than he used to be. Abby still wears pigtails and that is becoming slightly cringeworthy at her age. I think perhaps a mix up in the team with Bishop and McGee being replaced might make this series last longer. I have to admit that McGee has grown a little less gullible over the last few years but his overall incompetence in EVERY other area including his computing skills make him highly replaceable. I still enjoy Ducky as a character and Palmer as his assistant. Abby needs growing up big time. Gibbs needs a MAJOR change in his personal life to soften him up a tad. Noone can be that shut down for that long without deteriorating.

The problem with a series going on this long is that things become more predictable: In the last eps: Dorneget has been killed and Gibbs has been shot. Next year Gibbs will recover - the bad guys will eventually get caught and things will go back to normal. Time for some changes - esp with Bishop and McGee.

For next season I'd like to see Gibbs soften up. If there was a threat to DeNozzo - his Minnie-me surrogate son then I think Gibbs would change for the better - if Gibbs could save him - or Abby or Ducky. A threat to McGee - whom Gibbs doesn't really understand or like - would barely make the guy blink - ditto for Bishop.

I do like imperfect characters but I'm never going to agree with murder being justifiable in our law enforcement people so thank God this is only a TV series. A return to intruiging story lines and interesting and exciting character development would be most welcome.

• Save the NCIS Gibbs team Please!

First and foremost, Get better writing and scripts. The writing has become stale and the characters are wooden and lifeless. Second and almost as important, write Bishop off the show! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Make the Bishop character a spy, a plant. She's been everything else, why not??? Put some emotion back into the team. Give them some tension from within and without. That was what was going on in the earlier years of the show. The Gibbs of the earlier shows had some passion and love in his life. He's wooden now, no emotion and no smiles. His wife and daughter angle worked but now its time for some growth. He's an

older man and needs some other interest, NOT boats Please! Tony HAS to grow. It's time, he needs to be more rounded and the girlfriend was a weak attempt. I didn't see any chemistry there. MaGee is a cool guy, but give hime something else. Shouldn't he be able to lead more geeks? Did I say this before? Get Bishop off the show! DO IT! Abby is good, Pauly is a complex person and could bring much more to her Abby than what we've seen the last 2 seasons. Did I say this before? Get Bishop off the show! DO IT! I'm sorry that there have been so many attempts to make the Bishop character fit the program. The obviuos attempts to convince the viewer that she has LOTS of experience in the Middle East FAILED! Did I say this before? Save the NCIS Gibbs team and get Bishop off the show! DO IT!
  • Let's help make the show better

Millions of former NCIS fans are sorely disappointed with the way the show has fallen apart. There is a tendency to blame the actors, I've done it myself. But it is really the producers, directors and writers that are to blame. Even before Ziva left there were obvious problems -- especially the multi-episode stories. So boring. So let's help the show by providing new stories that really work. Here is one.

The perfect story line:

Gibbs is dead. Of course, he's been dead for a couple years, but this time they will actually bury him. Tony is devastated and returns to Israel to find his true love Ziva. There he discovers he has a one-year-old son, the product of his brief reunion with Ziva in October, 2013. Ziva named their son Anthony DiNozzo III, but did not tell Tony because she was unsure he was mature enough to be a good father. But they return together to Washington DC where Tony rejoins the team, and is content to find that Abigail Boren is the new team leader. Ziva also rejoins NCIS, but this time as a special assistant for international affairs to the director. This gives her more time in the office, and does not put her in so much danger as when a field agent. Fortunately, NCIS has a child care center, where Tony III can be close to his parents.

Bishop is exposed as a Russian mole, sent to the US to destroy NCIS and she almost accomplished it. She is hung.

And we all live happily ever after. (Cpywrt July 1, 2015)
  • Season 11 and 12

The show has lost at least 1.0M viewers since Ziva left. Gibbs is a strong lead and a special character, but the character, Ziva, was special too. It's a family. Please just pay her and bring her back. Develop the characters and relationships further. NCIS agents with spouses, having kids. Gibbs is the oldest now. No dad or Frank. Develop how his role changes in the family. Help him have to deal with death and the past. The family hasn't been whole in the last couple of seasons. The addition is fine but get past the male pride/ego thing and get those viewers back. Ziva made a great hero for women, and Tony won't ever really get over her. They together/ that relationship was unique. NCIS could still go so far. Just get rid of the mentality that anyone in the core family is replaceable. Remember Friends? Learn and grow!
  • Needs To Get Back To Basic

I found this show really late, series 8 but I loved it straight off, and was watching series 1 and 5 at the same time, for a while the only unsettling thing was no McGee in 1st series, but then Bishop... I am sure she is acting as per script and is a really good actress, but she dose not fit this show.

It just seems wrong and I can't watch her shows, all the other characters are changed with her around.

The writers really need to sort this, make her strong with navy seals training in the off season maybe ,as she may realise she is a liability to the team, or get a new female agent in the Ziva /Kate vain.
  • the blonde bimbo that wrecked season 11 of ncis

we just bought ncis 11 ,looking forward to sitting back and watching a few hours of a great show,got through the first few disc,s and then the blonde bimbo opened it,s mouth,well that was it watched 1 more disc and then turned it of and put it up for auction on ebay,,nerver before have i seen a show go from really good to complete crap so fast if season 12 ever comes out i will wait before i pre order it again if it was,nt for the first 2 disc,s it would,nt get a rateing,i hope the bimbo feels great about stuffing something GREAT,i guess that till the money from sales of ncis stop comeing in,that we will have to keep raging the bimbo,i thought that the customer [ or in this case the viewer] is always right,so maybe it going to take people changeing the channel to watch something else,i have and from what i hear season 12 aint any better,really how about getting a chimp added to the show,its has already begun to look like a circus might as well go all the way, i think i have found the perfect role for the ditzy bimbo, a ZOMBIE on walking dead,aT LEAST THERE IT WONT HAVE TO TALK JUST STAGER AROUND LIKE A DRUNK,,,SHOULD,NT HAVE TO CHANGE HER LOOKS TO MUCH,JUST DREES UP IN SOME RAGS AND BADA BING ZOMBIE THAT WAY SHE CAR,NT WRECK ANOTHER GREAT SHOW

I really do feel sorry for the rest of the NCIS team who have worked so hard to make this a really great show,i was watching a rerun the other night ,as I was watching the specials on the disc 1 of the producers was saying that they go out of there way to keep the show interesting ,what happened to that line of thinking,has wickersham got something over the producers of this show,i can not understand how wickersham is still there,if they are trying to get this show dropped from tv they are going the wright way of destroying this once great show,we stopped watching at the start of season 11 ,I bought watched maybe 4or 5 shows but as soon wickersham opened its mputh I pulled the disc from the player and put it up for sale on ebay,and have not watched ncis since then ,but we do watch seasons 1 to 10 only I do miss watching new shows but I guess all good things do come to an end,i hope wickersham feels bad about stuffing up a once great show

really wickersham how much longer are you going to keep dragging ncis down you no once it hits the bottom the damage will be done and wont be able to be revived ,,,,,,,

BUGGER I think the damage has been done and ncis is dieing a painfull death just shoot in the head if the bishop clown stays................................... ...............................

• Find another Ziva soon

I am a big NCIS fan, but I am wondering what the producers were thinking when they chose the new girl to replace Ziva. All the characters on the show have an endearing quality to them, except this girl. I have watched the whole season and barely remember her name. Ziva drew you in almost immediately and Kate was a strong partner to the team. The new girl is a waste of time and is disappointing to many of the fans. This character is weak and nondescript. There is nothing about her that is memorable. She is more annoying and a waste of time on the show. The way she jets her lower jaw out when she talks is really annoying and seems immature as an agent. She is not believable as an NCIS agent and I think that is the what is the most disappointing. Her character does not come across as intelligent enough to come up the the intimate psychological analysis she uncovers with people. It is ridiculous for the makers of this show to think that the fans would believe that this character would have the intelligence to do the things she does. It brings the show down and makes it seem more fake. Part of good TV with a show like NCIS is to make the viewer believe, if just for the hour they watch the show. She makes it very hard to do. Abby is such different character and not what you would expect, but she is somehow very believable not to mention lovable. This is not the case with the new girl. FIND SOMEONE ELSE or bring ZIVA back
  • Shark is Jumped and it's Time to say Adios

Gibbs has become even more of a constipated mute and Bishop is like somebody's annoying little sister who is a royal pain in the butt. At this point I have battle fatigue with the show. 5-7 years is a good run. 12-13 years is a milk run. I'm done. I will watch some of the earlier reruns but as far as any new shows fuggedaboutit.

Also the other NCIS shows, LA and NO, are loozers in my opinion. Unbelievble scripts and I mean not to be believed at all, coupled with poor acting. The characters have no chemistry and are not very good in their roles. That one guy, Deeks, on LA, looks like he needs to be deloused. The lady on NO needs to lose the high heels. Yeah that's believable that a field agent is wearing heels. Sure. Anyone ready to buy a bridge?
  • Bishop is a drag on the show

McGee gets on my nerves sometimes with his almost constant wooziness, but he is coming along. Bishop on the other hand looks like a little teenie bopper with the skin tight pants that would not likely be tolerated in a real government law enforcement agency. She constantly grates on the nerves and adds little to the show. If Ziva scores a 10+ and Kate a 9 or 10, Bishop is a 1 or 2. Roma Maffia, who played a retiring agent in one episode would have made a better Ziva replacement than Bishop. Some times watching NCIS now is like a perverted episode of "Saved by the Bell".

• Used to be good

The 2015 season finale was depressing. Seriously, I watch TV for entertainment. If I want to get depressed, I watch the news. I'm done with the show. They've gone too far with the killings.
  • Need to edit better

On agent afloat episode, USS Seahawk was identified as #65 which is the Enterprise. Other views of the same carrier had #74 on deck and tower.
  • great show that needs a tune up

Hate to cost anyone their job but Bishop is hurting the show. You have had some awesome lady guests on there like the lady with the coast guard, and the lady colonel and the lady that was colonel Bells attorney and lord knows how many great actresses walking around that could get close to filling the bill that Kate and Ziva had. This show has got another good 5 or 6 years with lots of great revenue coming in on No# 1 show. I have all the dvds and I can find the good and the bad quick. The writers need to go back and look at some of the great shows and put their minds to work, there is a lot of material out there with all the terrible things going on in the world. But if you are trying end the show, just end it and let the viewers look for something else. The other 2 NCIS shows are not going to fill the gap. I know Mark Harmon was hoping they would so he slow down but they are going to have a tough time hanging on.
  • hopefully never!

Those who pick at the so called been there done it, well wrong they've never been here and that's what shocked. NO season finale has had this kind of possible painful loss except for 9, but we knew Davi McC had resigned, and 3 when Gibbs quit ,but we knew he was alive. We saw Gibbs definitely off his game, taunting and not too helpful Mike, and sad betrayal by a child who Gibbs obviously felt for. If you look at all the previous season finales, this is how I see them, 1and 2) Ari and his Gibbs obsession, 3), we find out a terrible truth about Agent Gibbs that runs through the show for yrs, to come and he quits, 4) Tony and Jenny's dubious obsessive hunt comes to a bad conclusion, but the real shock doesn't happen til 5/1, could you have imagined what that summer would have been like if Tony's car blew up in 4/24? 5 )Jenny and an old Gibbs op the chickens come home to roost 6) Ziva love trauma ending with her leaving them,7) Gibbs past catching up 8) Vance and the Sec nav's past catching up 9) A really pissed off dad takes it out on the team and NCIS in general 10) The team and Gibbs career on the line followed by WTF, and a really butchered start to 11 because someone leaves 11) no cliffhanger just a loss and a real slap down of a slimy villain named Alejandro Rivera, 12) Don't see anything in the past that reaches this fearful climax, Gibbs hasn't been shot that many times in 282 eps, like 3 times, and actors do get written out occasionally but then MH isn't a thorn in EP's sides unlike another actor in another show we all know. Gonna be a hard summer
  • Sad Episode!

Review for 5/19/2015 Episode. NCIS has been my favorite show for a long long time but after this last episode, I will not watch it again.
  • Is there any point in Season 13

I've always keenly awaited the latest episode or the start of the next series and I still enjoy watching re- runs of all the earlier series but with the exception of Gibbs shooting was there any highlights in Series 12.

Bishop has taken all the flack but she is only playing the part that was created for her by the writers who must take the blame for the decline of this classic TV show.

If the writers have decided that they can't create any exciting new plots or interesting new characters then its time to leave Gibbs where he's laying.
  • Miss ziva

I love ncis, but I can't get use to bishop, lovely actress, but don't think she fits, I loved the fact that ziva could kick butt and that it made the rest of the men a little nervous, she also was a little unpredictable when annoyed and that worked well with Gibbs,but you also seen a soft side to her with dinozzo. I think that they needed to get someone similar to that character. bishop is to soft. Gibbs is carrying the show. I miss the banter and the teasing they would do to ziva. They need her back give her more money. You had mc gee, lovable nerd, dinozzo ( joker/ player) ziva ( kind but deadly) Gibbs ( would die for family and a strong figure) the rest of the team all fit great together, the seriousness of threats but with banter etc, I feel it lacks that at the min.
  • NCIS You might still be the best!

I just watched Tuesdays show, and I thought it was brilliant. I really think the writers are running out of ideas... I mean, they have been doing the show for 12 years!! I really do miss ziva and I hope she returns. I thought that ziva and tony's relationship was going somewhere! The writers should give Mcgee some spotlight, as I do love his character. I hope Bishop is off the show her character doesn't fit in!! The ratings have gone down since ziva has left.... But it was her choice to leave the show... I hope Cote does return and I hope her character does get involved again. Sorry but Bishop isn't the right fit; nothing against Emily! I hope the NCIS cast get still ,make the show great without ziva as they have for seasons 1 and 2... I think they are doing fine!
  • Keep Gibbs!

Take a cue from Criminal Minds and the havoc that followed them writing off AJ COOK - They had to bring her back to save the show!! if you kill off GIBBS you may as well hang it up.

The entire NCIS plot is centered on Leroy Jethro Gibbs. He is the cornerstone of the entire show. The last two seasons have been sucking air but we stay with it because of Gibb's character. HE IS NOT REPLACEABLE. Get your head out of the clouds and stop playing Peter Pan or Pied Piper and get back to the investigative crime drama!
  • Grinning kids with guns? Really?

I'm not a fan of many, many, many, many (a couple more manys) part shows. Make a movie, for heaven sake! Also, all it takes to weaponize any children is to give them free music and a computer game? Sorry guys, but if this is true then we're all doomed, so I'll watch something fun instead. Now, after 12 seasons Gibbs has become so stupid that anyone can pull the wool over his eyes by just looking pathetic? Have the writers all lost their collective minds, or do they just think they can run out any old crap and we (the fans) will just eat it with a spoon? I think NCIS has just outlived its own hype. I love you Polly, and Ducky you're the best, but if you kill off Gibbs then please just put the show out of our misery ... please!

Oh, by the way, FRANKS IS DEAD! This isn't ghost whisperers. Deal with it.
  • Neverland

I didn't like the season finale, to leave viewers hanging as to whether Mark Harmon dies in this episode. If Gibbs is killed off the show, then the show will not survice, I personally won't watch it. I think it is time to bring Ziva back, and calm Tony down some, Gibbs makes the show, so to remove him would be a huge mistake. score a 7.0 too much flashback with a ghost.
  • ziva bishop gibbs

I`m not alone here, but if Gibbs goes we all is something NBC knows so they won`t go there, will they?? SInce Game of Thrones and The Good Wife suddenly kill off one after the other the thought is with me every hour in front of the tv :-/ .

Ziva: I miss Ziva, but that is something that is over. I think Bishop is ok, she is no Ziva, but I think she can hold her own and she fits with the family :) I kind of got a hope that she`d be the one swooping in to save maybe getting rid off Luke? the team have to see the rotten world theye stepped into-kids used as killers and act accordingly. Iliked the episode, but the bad people in this arc has been some of the most irritating bad people in a long time...
  • Ziva and Bushop

We like Bishop. We almost decided not to watch anymore but we decided to give Bishop a chance. We like her now more than Ziva. Ziva left on her own the way she wanted to. She is gone. You guys need to accept that fact. The last I saw (last night), there are other actors on NCIS. She was not alone. We don't care if Ziva returns now or not. Bishop is doing great!
  • Going - Going - Gone....

Going... Zeva

Going - Gibbs?

Gone - ME!

Thanks for the 12 year run, but now they have turned NCIS into another 2 1/2 Men debacle!

I am out of here!
  • How about this?

Gibbs gunned down in a Middle East terrorist country Shot on the street by someone he was trying to save. Mike Frank's question of "Who will save you probie?" still unanswered.

I can hear the chant begin to build softly at first growing louder each day Ziva Ziva Ziva Ziva Z
  • Sucks without Ziva! And get rid of the horrible Bishop!

Show used to be great. But CBS had to screw it up. First, they hired an incompetent show runner. Once GG was fully at the helm, the show's quality started to go down. But it was still okay, especially because we had great scenes between CDP and MW. Then CBS decided to play lowball with regard to Cote DePablo's contract and were surprised when she stood up to them and refused to accept the horrid offer. Instead of giving her a decent send off, they gave her the least amount of screen time as possible with a very poor exit. And then, instead of appeasing the great many fans that missed her, they instead angered them by first pretending the character didn't exist and then making it seem like her character totally abandoned her "family". The show got extremely boring once Cote was gone. But then CBS made a bad situation worse and hired an incompetent actress to play a crappy character and refuse to get rid of her despite the fact that the majority of fans do not like her and want her gone! CBS needs to wake up and admit they screwed up by letting Cote go and hiring the horrid EW. Fans want the show they fell in love with, not GG's new NCIS. Ditch EW and GG and get CDP back before you lose the long term fans permanently!
  • Please fix the show

Oh dear god, I despise Bishop so much. The day I found out Ziva had left, I stopped watching the show. All I want is for Ziva to come back, I don't even care about what happens to Bishop. I WANT TO SEE THE FAMILY BACK TOGETHER.
  • NCIS: Bishop character

I can't believe that they killed of the Ned Dorneget character! He had more personality and character interest than Bishop. It's too bad that they didnt send Bishop to Egypt. All I can say is please change the Bishop character. She is dragging the show down. Dorneget had innocence and humour.... Personality that the viewers loved. Even as a minor character... Captured the interest of the viewers. Unlike Bishop who just annoys and destroys the chemistry of the main characters and stories of NCIS.
  • Storyline Idea

How about we find out that Bishop is really from the dark side and a covert terrorist (which would explain why most fans hate her so much), and have Ziva come back and uncover Bishop's secrets and kill her. Just an idea from a long time fan. . .
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10