NCIS

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews page 3 of 44

• Can't Disagree

5.5
    I can't disagree with the majority of comments found here. I too have been a fan since the beginning and JAG before that. Character development is 70% writers and 30% actor. While I am not a fan of Emily (on this show) she can only work with what she is given by the writers. After 12 seasons the writers seem to have given up and NCIS is becoming more of sit-com. For example, I miss the Ziva-isms not that I expect the Bishop character to use them but it is an example of the clever writing produced by the writers in previous seasons. Unfortunately, Emily does not look the part of a Federal Agent. The behind the scenes production people should do a better job of making her fit the character--more appropriate hair style and dress--she looks more like a high school teen. The other problem is that the show did not need another nerd. It already had two very good ones with Abby and Magee (and autopsy gremlin is coming along but is still a little too irritating at times for my taste). I think the real problem here is that the writers do not know who this character is and can't figure out what to do with her.

NCIS needed a strong investigator type to challenge Tony (but not necessarily a love interest but with some sexual tension [love and marriage between protagonists always seems to be the downfall of a good show!]). Bourne is not a good long-term choice as she is too much like Gibbs. I do like her as a guest star and the cross agency cooperation and all. Finally, while I know it is heresy of the worst kind, but Abby needs to grow up a little--after all she is 12-13 years older. I love Abby and have from the beginning but maybe a little less Goth and a little more stylish wardrobe but still quirky, loving and brilliant at what she does.

• Show needs help.

Please get rid of Bishop and get a strong woman in there, someone like Coast Guard Bourin. Bishop is just so wrong for NCIS. Need strong and tough not whiny and whimsy. Ever week Bishop becomes more irritating. I love NCIS.
  • The best show ever

love this show... most watched show last nigth... almost 20 milion tottal viewers...
  • Down the Rabbit Hole

1.5
    It is so sad to see what this great show has now become. There is no fun, no excitement and all of our favorite supporting and guest characters have been killed off or not invited back. Killed off - Diane, Mike Franks, Dornigan Why? Fans loved them. Exiled - Ziva and now it seems Agent Borin. The one thing a lot of fans want is an appearance by Ziva and they can't even fight their egos to do that for at least one show. Agent Borin (Diane Neal) apparently made some comments that TPTB did not like so I guess she is history too. Computer Tech Kevin was okay popping up now and then but he is in jail. Mr. Glasberg now has to explain what is happening in his shows because apparently we are too lame to get it. It's not that we don't get his ideas we just happen to think they are flat and uninteresting. This show is not even a shadow of it's former self. Definitely not organic. I don't think this show can even rebound but who knows. I now watch it on demand whenever as it is no longer my number one go to show.
  • NCIS DOA

4.1
    This once great show is dying quickly. It used to be great now it just seems like the writers are just bored. We are tired of Gibbs "John Wayne" stoic crap. Like that he finally got rid of the high and tight haircut thou. He is no longer a MARINE but a civilian and he's not even a retired one! Bishop needs to go or get divorced so that there can be sexual tension with Tony since the writing is SO bad! Either Bishop gets divorced, goes away or you bring back the Frog's daughter. Or, and I hate to say this, end it! In any case, you need to fix this once great show. After all these years I am only watching purely out of hope!
  • Ziva Ziva

Please bring Ziva back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • please push bishop away need the real NCIS please

please bring back ziva or atleast bring back jeannie benoit to spice up the roamnce over tony

gosh not even a single joke or sense of humor between tony and mcgee

please kick bishop back to nsa and stop using delliah

and get some real story line ... please

and for got sake why the hell are head slaps gone ... too bad.. miss the real ncis this season for sure
  • Apology?!

On tonight's episode, they should have shown the naval woman who had the nude pictures of her posted on the internet being told that the petty officer was innocent and her apologizing.
  • Please get rid of bishop

On tonight's episode she thought her husband was dead and she showed no real emotion, then she finds out he is alive and still no emotion.
  • Get Rid of Bishop!

They've killed off all the great supporting characters but won't get rid of Bishop. Don't understand the producers' zeal to keep that character. She's killing the show!
  • Failure to Launch

TWO YEARS after she joined, Bishop has failed to catch on with fans. All we hear are excuses. She's new, she's learning, she's finding her footing, she needs time. She sucks! if anything she is only getting worse. She spends most of her paid work hours gossiping about her co-workers and whining about her husband. And she does NO work. The writers have invented tricks to make it look like she's doing something. She reads information off the plasma, or she relays information from other characters who did the work. But she does nothing herself. Meanwhile, this week, Abby was a thousands times better as a field agent than Bishop has EVER been. We were told she was a genius. Where is her brain? Why is she even there? It is baffling why they insist on keeping this failed character who is so widely disliked.
  • Bring the old Gibbs back plus...

The new Gibbs is not working for the show. He's too stiff and needs a haircut. And get rid of the blonde and bring back Ziva! If it wasn't broken why fix that there was no need to change up the characters!
  • de nozzo must go

Who and how much do we pay to get rid of Tony? At his best he's like a rock in your shoe. At his worst, can't even go there. My rating would be substantially higher if that happened
  • A terrible series since Bishop

was brought it. She's not and has not been Special Agent Material. Kate and Ziva were.
  • Changes in the persona of the characters

A proud Marine wouldn't suddenly grow out his hair. What about his gut feelings and gruffness that we have grown to respect and expect. The show has lost its funny quips and warmth. All of the characters seem to be losing their personalities that we have loved over the years. Bishop's personality was missing from the beginning, but now it is even worse. Come on writers, you are killing what was a great show.
  • High School Kids

I believe high school kids are now writing NCIS. Wait, that's kind of an insult to high school kids. I can't believe how poor and, I'll say it, sop***ric, the writing, pacing, story-lines--all of it, are this season. There's no energy in the writing, and no energy in the acting. Everybody seems tired and the episodes just aren't any good any more. I'm sad. (NOTE: Why won't they let me write the adjective of the word "sophomore?" They *** it
  • MORE BS are we living in orwells 1984

yet another show glorifying the worst of the worst in our country

the COPS, the GOVT. the fbi the nsa

I wonder which agency is paying to have this tripe produced

yet another PIG show
  • Missing Ziva/Cote

I still watch the show, but I can't help missing Ziva terribly. She was the greatest, fiercest woman on . and I pray one day she will return. The show is just not the same without her!!!
  • NCIS debacle

Is Mark Harmon ill? He's lost weight and looks out of sorts.

This show has really taken it's toll, putting the caracter Elli in she isn't believable , if she continues next season I'm not watching. (I've been a fan since the beginning, before mark had control it was a greet series, now just so so)
  • Bishop vs. Ziva

I have bee reading all these comments bashing the the actress who plays Ellie Bishop on NCIS, and I am disgusted. I believe she is doing a great job as a replacement agent, and while she is not Ziva, it is not her fault that Cote de Pablo decided to move on to do other things. I recently saw her in a promo for a spiritual movie, and de Pablo was compelling. There have been rumors about the producers not wanting to pay her more, but why should she get as much or more than the main characters, Gibbs and Dinozzo?

Also, the comments said McGee killed an officer, but unless it was another episode, (and I have seen practically every one), he was FRAMED and EXONERATED! One last thing, Kate and Ziva did earn their right to join NCIS, but so did Ellie! Her back story with her husband Jake Mallory had them working together on some top-secret homeland security case. If you don't believe me, watch the episode where they are arguing over why he can keep secrets about his career, and she has to tell him everything since she left that life and joined the end of the show, he saves his marriage by giving Gibbs the confidential info that would breaks their case. Anyone else see that episode? So Bishop did earn her right to be an agent, it just had to happen off-screen, since they needed a replacement for Ziva David.
  • Agent bishop

If you don't like agent bishop it's because you can't let go and you're ugly she is a great asset to the team but she's no zeva
  • I don't mind Bishop but her eyebrows are way to dark. ugly mess

Lighten up bishops eyebrows PLEASE
  • I am grieving

I have very little interest in waching the show now. I actually missed this season so far. Was watching reruns today but this eveing the reruns have Bishop in them so I stopped watching.

So sad............

DD

Bishop is winey, cares what your issues are !!!!!

Bring back the show that always caught my attention that I watch over and over and over again. Even now if there is a repeat with Bishop I d not watch !!!!

We want the NCIS we know and love.

DD

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
  • Used to have a Great Team BUT now NOT with 'bishop'

HEARTBREAK - they have a new 'failure - bishop' - The Show WOULD BE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT her.. YES, we miss Ziva - BUT the Show is Still SOOOO MUCH Better WITHOUT bishop!

We don't have to have Ziva back but NCIS does need to Get RID of bishop - Gibb's Team would be so much better without bishop.

I used to look forward to Tuesday nights & watching Gibb's Team - but no longer. Now I want to Throw Up.

I am glad that they covered sexual assaults in the military - this should never happen anywhere and it is always disgusting to hear of this happening in our military.

***

As an update - my feelings are no better - Actually worse. this bishop character is a JOKE!

***

9/29/2015 - she is still a JOKE
  • please be done with bishop

I have never written a review but I am now because this was my favorite show until Ziva left and they brought on Bishop. I can't stand to watch the show with her on it. She does not fit well with the cast and she drives me absolutely crazy. I loved Agent Todd and I absolutely loved Ziva and the transition between them two was smooth. Please being Ziva back so I can watch the show again!
  • Write her off...

Who the heck is this Bishop chick, the newbie, who's always right, has the whole team, including Vance and Gibbs, hanging on to her every word. I'm catching up, (Netflix binging), on everything I've missed since by beloved Ziva left, and this is what I get? She challenges Gibbs (and wins), makes the dumbest mistakes, and has the nerve to pout like a child if she's wrong. C'mon. Apparently, Ziva's shoes are much to big to fill. Like another commenter said, the show has become painful to watch. This has been my all time favorite show since the beginning, but sadly, I might have to be satisfied with the reruns.
  • Season 12 a step in the right direction. A diagonal direction....

I grew out of this show around Season 7 or 8. When I heard they got a new girl in Season 11, decided to check back in. And... I freaking loved Bishop. I loved how quirky Ellie is, her obsession with food, her study habits, the fact that she is happily married, her lack of gunmanship skills, I love everything about her. Unfortunately, they got rid of almost all of that in Season 12. I can understand the floor bit, but I do wish they kept her obsession with food. I will give the show props for actually allowing her to develop instead of instantly making her a superwoman like everybody else in the NCIS universe.

That being said, I did like that, while Jake and her did have some clashing, they are trying to work it out and are still together and in love by season's end. I will say that if Jake is killed or gets a divorce from Ellie I am dropping the show for good.

As for the others, I like that McGee is still heavily involved with Delilah and that Tony is in a good relationship too. One of the biggest reasons I originally dropped the show was the utter refusal to make Tony and Ziva an actual couple, which they should have been 5 seasons ago. His new girlfriend is enjoyable enough that I wouldn't mind her sticking around. As for Gibbs, I am getting tired of his guilt overcoming everything about him. If he survives (which he shouldn't but will) he needs to see a therapist, which he won't because there's probably a cousin of Ari's or another Reynosa family member to to ture him some more.

So, if they actually have Gibbs move past his guilt and keep the others in healthy relationships, I will keep watching. If any of the significant others get killed, especially Jake, then I am jumping ship.
  • Won't be watching new season

I hate that Ziva is gone! I do not like the new girl and am saddened that what was my favorite show is one I will no longer be watching
  • Please get rid of Bishop

I have actually stopped watching this show because of her, she just does not fit in with the others. I've started watching the re-runs when Ziva was on there. Please take her off!!!!!
  • A lackluster Bishop!

2.5
    I was so disappointed with Zivas departure, but I felt hopeful, considering the seamless transition from Agent 'Kate' to Mousad agent Ziva David. WHAT IS GOING ON???? The casting for new new agent Bishop is completely rediculous and a Very POOR FIT for the rest of the cast. Here's why

1a. When Kate left the whole team suffered the loss. People grieved, every member of the team was shown in their sense of loss. Ziva leaves, unexpectedly, abruptly, no one has closure and within 2 episodes it's like Ziva WAS NEVER THERE! There was no "exploring" people's feelings. JUST BECAUSE SHE DIDNT DIE DIDNT MEAN THERE WAS NO SENSE OF LOSS OR ABANDONMENT, especially in regards to Tony. He certainly shelved her in a hurry. Stupid considering the obvious feeling between them!

1. Bishop looks like she's 12. watching is difficult as her the poorly groomed, almost black eyebrows framed against blond hair look idiotic and always scream for attention.

2. For a woman whose supposed to be married, the references to Bishops husband are All but non existent. No realism there at all. All the unmarried field agents always commented on relational issues, yet Biahop has nothing to say. (Perhaps I haven't watched enough episodes)

3. The chemistry between DiNozzo, McGee and Daved was perfect really well written. The current chemistry between ALL the agents and Bishop (and visa versa). Falls completely flat. Also the writing for these personal interactions is extremely poor, making me think there are new writers on board. Lackluster, no personality, boring boring boring Bishop!!!! WRITERS, why are you tampering with what Has been proven as a recipe for success???????
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10