NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews page 4 of 38

• One-way ticket out for Bishop

Bishop's terrible in this series and she knows it. It's obvious she cannot find her place and that she doesn't fit. The writers also had a problem with the Zava/Tony romance. That could not work either. This beloved program is going down. When the writing has gotten bad in past other shows, it signaled to me that new writers were hired and they were not good ones. Does NCIS really, really have to end? Hiring a more interesting replacement for Bishop could enliven the series. Send Bishop on a long trip to a dangerous place and arrange for her not to survive the experience.
  • NCIS. It was great!!! Until Bishop showed up.

Every male on the team has been emasculated. And Abby isn't faring too well, either. It's downright embarrassing what has happened to this once-awesome # 1 show AND what the incredible cast pre-Bishop

has been reduced to.

Absolutely Amazing that the dummies ever solved a case without Super-Sleuth Bishop. Snark!

• Love, love, love NCIS, and yes, that means Bishop

I LOVE Bishop, I think she's awesome. She's quirky and cute and fun and different and I love her smarts. I love that she sits on the desk/floor because I prefer to do the same as well. I love that she's an eater, because I think that's cute and that's her way of dealing with things. I LOVE that Gibbs treats her a little differently because he sees that she's different and treats her as such, same as Abby. Ziva was different and he had a different relationship with her, he's going to treat everyone differently because that's what he does. I love that Bishop can keep up with Tony in his movie references, that is awesome. I also love that she's married and so we know she and Tony can't get together, leaving him to find someone else outside of the team. And I love that she's analytical in the way that she does things and figures things out and that she can store so much information. She's a lot of things I am, so I connect with her character and think that the actress portrays her very well. I'm hoping that everyone else will grow to like her, just like everyone grew to like Ziva after she was on for awhile. Go Bishop!! #teamBishop
  • What were TPTB thinking!

I loved seasons 3-10, mostly because the character of Ziva intrigued me. The show without her just plain stinks! It was quite obvious Cote had no intention of leaving just yet, so I can only conclude she needed time off or just fewer working hours to deal with a personal issue and TPTB said no way! I can bet if one of her male colleagues wanted what she did, he would have gotten it (CBS is known to treat male actors better than female ones-look at the Criminal Minds debacle when 2 female actors were fired to save money to fund the soon to be flopped spinoff even though at least one male costar had less seniority on the show). CBS wake up! Give Cote what she wants and get her back ASAP! I will no longer watch now that her character has gone and many of my friends no longer watch for the same reason. I suspect that even fewer will watch once Ziva's replacement starts, since GG is noted for creating characters fans loathe! Update: I was right-Bishop stinks. Why do TPTB insist on keeping a character (and having her front and center) that the majority (87%) of fans hate? Its almost as if they are trying to sink the show!

Why won't TPTB listen to the fans?! The fans have stated over and over again that they want EW (Bishop) gone and yet the horrible actress is STILL there. And fans are still asking CBS to get Cote back. CBS needs to grow up, stop acting like a spoiled child and man up to the fact they screwed up playing hardball with Cote's contract (which they finally admitted after months of fan protests) and for hiring a talentless actress to replace her. Unless they rid themselves of the horrid Bishop character and get CDP back (giving her whatever she wants), the show won't last much longer! Hey, CBS, fans are what generates money and the fans are leaving left and right!

For those who want CBS to know how they feel, you can leave feedback for CBS shows on the CBS feedback page. I believe some addresses to write to can be found on the operationbringbackcote Facebook page, but you may have to search to find them. Of course, the best way to show you aren't happy with the new NCIS is to stop watching.
  • Why is she still here?

@Istill a very good show.

You, respectfully, have gone and made the same mistake so many Bishop defenders before you have. You insist on tying our dislike (or outright "hatred") of this character to the departure of Ziva. That is not the case ... at least not for everyone. I was fully prepared to accept the new girl, just like I loved and accepted Ziva after they killed off Kate. It is BISHOP that is the problem. Not the absence of Ziva. She is an atrocious character being propped up by bringing all ... and I mean ALL ... the other characters down. You like her, and that is your right and privilege. Truly. But please don't presume to know why so many of us do NOT. If you look at this site alone, there are 1,057 posts. The VAST majority, if you notice, are anti-Bishop.

That having been said, I agree that the show is still good. I just am not going to waste my time watching reruns of this season. I'd rather watch reruns of all prior seasons for the umpteenth time.

By the way, people. fan forum dot com /f321/

is a great forum to discuss the show (and all your favorite shows). I just discovered it recently. Be warned though. I've seen a lot of ACTOR bashing on this site (or Bishop). While critiques of the show and the characters are most definitely allowed ... I started an anti-bishop thread myself ... bashing the actor or her fans is not allowed.

===============

Meaning, Bishop. I've created another "review" so I can keep ranting about how bad she is as an actress and as a character. I'm sorry, she is just blah. It's so bad that I'd rather watch reruns of all earlier seasons for the 10th time than watch one rerun with her in it. Period.

I've heard rumors she is back only for two episodes, but I suspect that is all it is... a rumor. Does anyone have an email address for any real person that I can write to. It probably won't make a difference, but I'll certainly feel better.
  • Still a very good show!

I have watched NCIS since the first episodes in JAG. I have always liked this show. I was so shocked when Kate was killed off in the season 2 finale. It took me a while to warm up to Ziva and for me it was too many episodes with the melodrama of Ziva. When Cote decided to leave I wasn't that upset. It was getting old the whole Tiva thing. And it didn't make sense, at least not for me, why they should end up as a couple. Ziva never treated Tony with respect and Tony never seemed that interested. I guess I am one of the few that actually like Bishop. She brings a new and, thank god, a different energy to the team. Tony, Tim and Ellie are like siblings and I like her being a bit strange. I've always been like Ellie when it comes to sitting on floors and deskes. I have always said that the only chrater this show can't loose is Gibbs. Everyone else can be replaced.

I just don't get this overwhelming hate so called fans of NCIS have of Bishop and of Wickesham. I don't envy her. I just wish the Ziva lovers would get that she left, she wasn't fired, she was even offered a lot more money to stay. I get as fans you don't like that but why take it out on Wickersham.

I am looking forward to season 12 and I hope we get to know more of Bishops background and family.
  • Used to have a Great Team BUT now NOT with 'bishop'

HEARTBREAK - they have a new 'failure - bishop' - The Show WOULD BE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT her.. YES, we miss Ziva - BUT the Show is Still SOOOO MUCH Better WITHOUT bishop!

We don't have to have Ziva back but NCIS does need to Get RID of bishop - Gibb's Team would be so much better without bishop.

I used to look forward to Tuesday nights & watching Gibb's Team - but no longer. Now I want to Throw Up.

I am glad that they covered sexual assaults in the military - this should never happen anywhere and it is always disgusting to hear of this happening in our military.

***

As an update - my feelings are no better - Actually worse. this bishop character is a JOKE!
    Wow..... Finally got a chance to see the majority of Season 11..... Who the hell is this Bishop? Did they find her playing a background character on "iCarly" and say, "Hey! She'd make a GREAT addition to NCIS!!" ??? I managed to sit thru most of the season on DVD, but..... I fear it may be my last. What happened to everyone? Gibbs.... older and soft. Tony seems to have lost his edge.... McGee had an awesome looking girlfriend and POOF! ... she gone. The connection just seems to have disappeared. :(

Please, PLEASE..... make me wanna come back for Season 12.
  • Ziva we hardly knew ye

Sure I'm sorry to see Ziva go, but she gave us one of the most memorable characters in TV history. No actress/character could possibly fill her shoes. NCIS was a good show before she joined and has the potential to remain a top show - even without her it's much better than the moderately successful NCIS LA. Criticizing Wickersham/Bishop is fine, but who would be a better fit? The show's chemistry visualized by Don Bellisario is far more complex than most and it would obviously be much better if he was still at the helm to navigate this transition. But no matter who runs it, the foundation is so solid I can't imagine it going so far off the rails that I would stop watching.
  • . NCIS

I agree with the majority postings re: Bishop. Even if one could stand her and find her part believable, the life has gone out of the show. The building of the characters and their interaction, sometimes sad sometimes funny, made the show special. What I find most bizarre is given the what Ziva as a charter meant to everyone, she has not been mentioned ever! It is as though the original show has been totally cut off from the present. Even Kate came back in memory, as did Mike Franks, but Ziva no! I agree that the coastguard woman would have fitted well. Who is writing the show and who is casting? Casting has been one of the shows strengths. Sad but won't be watching in future.
  • Bring us a different replacement for Ziva

Whoever came up with the Bishop character needs to be fired. She is boring and immature. Damn, she doesn't even know what a chair and table are used for. Do the producers really want to sabotage this show. I have purchased every season DVD's that are available. I know I am going to skip last season
  • Rut-Row

Bishop's character just sucks the ever loving life out of this once great series. And the rest of the cast are mere menions to Bishop and her eyebrows. The new writers have shoved this woman down our throats. I agree, admit you made a mistake. Also, the new writers must have been former writers for The Scooby Doo cartoon. Really, predictable, and just bad unbelievable plot lines. The Bishop character is forced bad acting ta'boot! And give me a break with her "quirks". Get her arse off the floor and at a desk. She is now Wonder Woman of NCIS. I wish she would just go away in the Mystery Machine Van!
  • Emily Wickersham is a terrible actress- which producer is she linked to??

We were totally shocked to learn that the network would hire such a weak actress for a leading role! EW is probably one of the worst choices out there, and it's hard to imagine there weren't tons of available actresses that auditioned for this role. So who is Emily linked to? Gary, Mark?? Someone else?? This girl can't seem to play the part of anything, and she comes off as very uncomfortable in every scene she's in. Not to mention there's nothing about her that looks convincing as an agent either. She may have wrinkles already at her age, but she is very immature acting and totally throws the entire team off. She doesn't fit in with this show at all. Maybe she was super cheap, but hey producers, you get what you pay for! We used to love this show, but it has nose dived with the addition of EW/Bishop Kill her off and move on!!
  • Who's the writer these days???

3.5
    Emily Wickersham is one problem but how can any writer create such a dull character for that spot? This type of show requires a forceful character in each field agent not a brainiac from some military office. If her character's speciality is computers, but her in McGee's spot and bring him into the field. Still need to toughen him up a bit but would be better than Emily. Light a fire under everyone on the show, especially the writers!!! Please let Wickersham go. She just doesn't fit the show!

• New ncis girl

Hate her eyebrows too skinny terrible actress! She's gotta go!
  • I am still having a hard time liking Bishop

Either sparkle her up a little or get rid of her. She's too Blah! Something happened to the whole show this season and it wasn't just ziva leaving.
  • Why are they not paying attention?

How long are they going to continue to push Ziva's replacement on us. She is a lousy actress who cannot achieve the part assigned to her. She plays the part the same no matter the situation. What I want to know is why Gibbs has not made her work to attain her status as an agent and it is very apparent she has no formal training. She knows more than Gibbs solving every case. The show is now her, very boring. We thought the lady who played the part of the Coast Guard agent would be considered. At least she added to the program. Hope they make a change soon. I like the show and want to continue watching but will not if she stays. A very sad ending for a very good show.
  • Boring Boring NCIS

Myself and my wife watched the show last night and turned it off before it finished, we could not believe its the same show we have been watching with all the good interaction between the cast, it was very very enjoyable to watch, now BORING BORING just another cop show SHAME on you for doing this to a great show, get zeba back ASAP please, and get rid of her replacement NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • They added a genius and the whole show turned stupid

How did you manage that? I guess everyone else had to be made stupid in order for Bishop to look smart. It doesn't work. She looks like a production assistant who accidentally wandered onto the set while looking for her cheetos. Now you're asking us to believe that tough guy Gibbs would hire this dipshit as an agent. Who's supposed to have Tony and Tim's back in the field? Not her, she can't cross the street without a babysitter.

I feel bad for the writers, who have to invent some implausible function for Bishop every week. They seem to have totally given up on making her connect with the other personalities. This character is a BOMB.
  • If she is supposed to be such a great brain, why won't she shut her mouth?

The weird genius as been done to death for the last ten years. Way to be cutting edge! too bad everyone else did it better. This girl is supposed to be an intellectual, but she seems to have zero interests at all. What is her thing? Math? Chaos theory? Econometrics? Psychology? After 16 episodes I don't have the foggiest idea. All we know is she eats garbage all day long and weighs 100 pounds soaking wet.

If you are going to base her entire character around her brain, don't make it about her mouth. When she's not running her yap about complete nonsense, she's cramming it full of cheetos. She has no intellectual interest in anything. Even her Parsa expertise was shown to be primarily romantic.

On the team, her analysis is next to useless. When the writers do manage to concoct a story that taps her "skill", we aren't shown her thought process. She frowns and scowls and then POOF magic answer. It's not engaging on any level.

When we heard about the character, I was SO looking forward to a sharp brainy woman. Wow, what a complete disappointment. She would have an easier time selling sand to a Bedouin than convincing me she's a genius.
  • RT IF YOU CRY EVERYTIME BISHOP TALKS

So, I've been in school and I just recently had time to sit down and watch Season 11. NCIS is my all time favourite show, and I've seen every episode at least twice.

OH MY GOD. WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SHOW?!?! I couldn't even force myself to watch the episodes in one sitting!! I realize that CDP isn't coming back. I get it, and that's fine. But seriously, this Bishop character has got to go. (Let me step into the shallow pool for just a sec... HER EYEBROWS MAKE ME WANT TO RIP MY EYEBALLS OUT. I mean, did she draw them on with a Sharpie marker?!)

Not only does her acting SUCK, I feel like she drags down the rest of the team! It feels like the rest of the cast aren't even into it anymore. Even the light has gone out of Mark Harmon's eyes :(

The characters don't feel the same. There's no development. I feel bad that everyone is hating on Bishop, but honestly. GG is trying way too hard to make her fit in, and it's clearly not working. There's just no depth to her character!

Plus they're doing another ridiculous spin-off... NCIS: New Orleans... Is that actually a joke? Can GG please focus on his NUMBER ONE SHOW instead of running off to create another damn spin-off?

I'm sorry, CBS... I don't think I'm gonna watch Season 12. It's too depressing. I thought I could stand Bishop, but I really can't. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm bitter about CDP.

It's the fact that she's ruining the show. It's sad really.
  • Created an account just so I could complain about Bishop

She is just terrible. My entire family, fans from the beginning, can't stand her and refuses to watch any more. Please listen to fans and get rid of her. Whatever personal feud happened with Cote de Pablo, please do whatever it takes to fix it. We will be back to the show next fall.
  • Three Musketeers are now Two and a Half

Loyal fan from the start. Rolled with all of the character changes. Bishop is an embarrassment to the show and the franchise. She doesn't sell being a genius OR a federal agent. The show became Take Your Daughter To Work Day. A new ruler has to be invented to include how bad she is as a character. She is bringing down an entire cast of incredible actors.
  • Breath of fresh air? More like a stinky fart in a strong wind

For a character who is supposed to be so fresh and energizing, Bishop is is more like general anesthesia. She comes across as a daft. flaky, rude idiot with poor social skills and no payoff.

If you are going to put a genius on the show, you need to put a lot of effort into crafting how their brain works and allowing the viewers to follow their logic. There are so many shows that have done it well. House, Monk, Bones, The Closer, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Hannibal, Sherlock, just off the top of my head. All of those shows let us in on the genius' thought process.

With Bishop, we got Cheetos. She is seriously the worst conceived "genius" I have ever seen on TV. We gain NO insight into her mental function except her moronic food obsession, stuffing her mouth all day long while staying skinny as a rail, and sitting on floors and desks. That's it. That's her brain. Then she scowls for 30 minutes and magically gets an answer while everyone gapes.

This actress doesn't sell being smart. She is just a stereotype from central casting.

On a personal level, Bishop hasn't the foggiest interest in anybody at all. At first I thought she was poised to make friends with Ducky and Abby, and that would be cool, but as the season went on, there was nothing at all. They were strangers to her. Her interactions with Abby are only put in to prove she's smarter than Abby. She has zero connection with Tony and Tim. They're not a team.

Any other character would have been off the show months ago. There must be some huge egos behind this debacle.

• Bishop makes me want to stick a finger down my throat. I'm done watching.

I can't stand the character Bishop, and the actress who plays her is just plain bad. Plus the actress/character is so very unlikeable. So we have an unlikeable and annoying character, a bad actress with annoying black eyebrows to play her, and no chemistry whatsoever between her and the rest of the cast. So why should I keep watching this show? Goodby NCIS; it was a nice run but I can't watch Bishop any longer.
  • I don't even care anymore ...

I'm from Denmark, and I used to long for the day when the new NCIS episode was online, and now .. now I don't even remember when I last saw an episode. It's not that I want Cote back (offcause I will, but I no it's not gonna happen) but I really don't like Bishop. The fun and chemistry has gone from the show, and that was what made it great. Hopefully the writes will get there heads back on and will find a new person to come on board that has more chemistry with the rest of the cast so we can get the great show back!
  • Bishop has to go

I record NCIS but skip all the shows with Bishop. The character is just plain boring. The teasing, racy humor is gone from the show, the team dynamics are gone. I predict this may be the show's downfall.
  • No Bishop

I'm from portugal, so I only got to see the latest season this week. i hate Bishop. Hate Hate Hate. It brings nothing new when it comes to the team - really, no one like her could be an investigator. Someone would LOL on her face. She's ri-di-cu-lous and does not bring any good contribution to the show. Cut her off. PLEASE!
  • Bishop???

Character doesn't add anything to the show, in fact, it detracts from it. She seems to rule Gibbs and the rest of the cast is in the background. Writers please create a stronger character that is part of the team. This was my favorite show and now I don't care if I miss it.
  • Jaqui PG

Will never watch it again Ziva has gone not disappeared Continuity totally lost

She would have kept in contact with Tony she loved him and McGee was her friend They were all together for years

Plus she would have gone to Gibbs fathers funeral and kept in contact with Gibbs he was her second dad She is now alone (Story line )

Shame on you all bad rubbish writing You have ruined it

No story line No nothing I so loved the programme

Bishop is fine no complaints but they have dumped the show on her very silly for the producers and directors for NCIS it WAS a team and a great programme It is now lost Over and out Jaqui
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10