NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews page 5 of 41

• Terrible Legal Flaw in Episode 283

Most states have "Good Samaritan" laws that protect lay persons from legal liability for uncompensated medical care provided to injured or ill persons up to care consistent with the level of training of the provider. The female character - a Navy hospital corpsman trained for combat medical care - appears to have provided care, without compensation, up to the level of training she would be able to document. In no case should she have been criminally liable for the care she provided the accident characters by "practicing without a license".

Good Samaritan laws were passed to encourage people to give appropriate first aid in the critical minutes after accidents or critical sudden onset illnesses. Vermont's law actually imposes a duty to provide first aid, as I understand it.

Episode 283 just reinstated the fear of criminal prosecution and civil liability the Good Samaritan laws were intended to eliminate.

FIX IT. You might save a life with the aid of a "fan" who may now be too uncertain or frightened to provide care, or is now discouraged from pursuing basic first aid training, where they would learn about Good Samaritan laws in their states.

We generally are very loyal and appreciative viewers, but someone really failed to do their homework on this issue. Yes, I know "it's Hollywood", but as an EMT and first aid trainer, I hope you will address the inaccurate premise of this episode.

• Corpsman up!

Tonight 's episode was not probable in Virginia due to 000+cod+8.01-225 . In Virginia, as in Florida, there is a "good Samaritan law"

you guys are stretching veracity , but it was good entertainment.

• Is That It.

Nobody likes Bishop but you keep her so I think she has to be kin to someone high up. Like writer, producer, someone that can demand that an actor be kept on the payroll even if they are the worst actor ever. Is that it?
  • Do not like the young blonde girl

My family has loved this show for a decade. The new girl is just not good. We saw this week that Gibbs is trying to fix her, but it won't work. She is too small, weak, silly, and not very smart. She can't be an NCIS agent. Gibbs has very high standards, he would never accept this weak little girl. We just don't want to watch the show any more.

We want Ziva back. She was so good.
  • DO YOU STILL SEE NCIS?

NOT WITHOUT ZIVA. IT IS NOT THE SAME.
  • Finally Catching Up!

Casting Bishop is a big misstep for the show. It makes no sense that Gibbs would think about hiring Nancy Drew to replace a Mossad agent. The show runners should have thought of something more clever. I liked it when they had temps come in and fill-in for a show or two. That could have been lots of fun each week! Like they did with Badger from Breaking Bad or the Polygraph girl. Instead of trying to replace Ziva, just give us a bunch of great characters who give us a great story.
  • Bishop

Unbelievable as an agent much less on Gibbs team. She doesn't fit. I hope they drop her before they ruin the show
  • No love for Bishop (I agree with this review!)

1.5
    You have to be kidding me. I will never watch this show again. I get they wanted a different direction, but did they need an 18-year-old blonde sorority girl with pink lipstick? Never watching again. Number one show will become number 100 very soon! Cote come back PLEEEEZE. I can't stand Nancy Drew for another minute! She belongs on the kids channels, not my fave show NCIS! Oh, and I agree with blues39. I'm sure Bishop would be great on a show like Friends, but NOT NCIS. Oh, did I mention she should be playing Nancy Drew?

• Bishop Needs To Go Far Far Away!

I have tried my best to give this character the benefit of the doubt. She's just too vanilla bean Hello Kitty! Don't replace Ziva with fruit cake, you need a character with some meat (that means no cutesy little blondes are going to work.

• Too Bishop everyone else now 1 dimensional

Since the show brought in the Bishop character the shows have revolved around Bishop, a character with nothing to admire, and all the other characters have become one dimensional.

We used to see the Tony character and Tim character growing, the Gibbs character was shown as a good boss, teacher and father figure [ a boss many of us would like to have had], the Ducky character as a profiler and grandfather figure, the Abby character as a strong, smart female, the Jimmy character as a young man growing into a strong character and growing into his job and finally the Director character Leon as a man who had issues and must come to terms with a great loss and find a way to go on.

What do we now have - Leon is missing - on this show. Gibbs is wishy-washy and not the leader/teacher he was, Ducky is just a Medical Examiner, Jimmy is just some wimp who talks about baby crap, Tony is either mooning over Ziva or womanizing, or wimpy, Tim iis in a long distance relationship with a "disabled" character, Abby has sort of remained the same - still smart and strong but not quite relating to others on the same level.

All this from the introduction of a character that seems semi-autistic, and overly brainy in the most annoying way possible. Bishop is a character that I would dislike working with - perhaps that is part of the problem for me.
  • Hate to follow the trend, but....

I have tried to be patient and see how Bishop's character develops, but have to admit it's just not working for me either. The character may have intelligence, and academic prowess, but her personality is wishy washy and totally lacks the inner strength that made Kate and Ziva so appealing. Her lines are predictable and superficial, her character is boring, and I now find myself hoping her mysterious husband gets reassigned so she will leave the show. Oh how I wish Ziva would return!!
  • End the Nightmare and Get Rid of Bishop

Bishop is now ruining the reruns on the USA Network. That was my sanctuary from the Bishop episodes on Tuesday night. I won't watch them and I won't buy any seasons with her in them. When will this madness with her terrible character end?
  • why wasnt there a episode last week?

Why wasn't there a episode on last week????
  • I miss ziiva but give bishop a chance

Her character seems to match Tim McGee they are both smart. We gave tim's character a chance to grow into an agent and shed the geek title. Give bishop the same chance.
  • Team needs balance with a strong new member

i agree with all the comments on Bishop. It's just not working. Cote de Pablo had great range in acting and Bishop doesn't leave the gate at all beyond sighing and huffing a bit. The team needs to be balanced out with a strong actor who can deliver a nuanced character. Keep Bishop or lose her, but the team needs someone else in addition who can bring the fun and depth back. My rating reflects my opinion of the show today. Not buying season 11 DVDs.
  • Bishop is simply a pawn

The Bishop character simply is not working. There is no "there" there. No character development and her big "thing" was that she sat either on the desk or sat on the floor. What an interesting quirk!!! The old characters don't seem to have the same chemistry with each other. You can tell that the writers and producers have gotten the message about Bishop---she was hardly in last week's episode. Everyone seems to be walking on egg shells now. The Ziva character was so strong that I really think they should pull a "second Darin" on the show. Get a woman to play ZIva but maybe with a harder edge from her year in the Mideast. Bishop always looks like she is a high school senior doing a book report on NCIS. The show stinks with Bishop!!!
  • no ziva no watch

this programme used to be the best thing on tv. since ziva left and has been replaced by a inactive glove puppet, it has failed to new woman agent is rubbish.
  • No longer worth watching

Like most here I've enjoyed several years of NCIS but those days are gone for me. The show has lost it's way and just doesn't cut it anymore. I've no idea who or what the Bishop character is supposed to be and the writing is just banal with no underlying plot line. Get a new batch of writers, give the Bishop character a swift execution and tear filled funeral ala Sasha Alexander, stop trying to fix De Nozo up with the next Mrs De Nozo and get back to why people watched this show in the first place. Whatever it's too late for me. Switched off.
  • Tony and Ziva - A New Beginning

November 4, 2014

I understand why Cote left NCIS after eight years. She's a gifted actress who first came to the show at a very young 25. Clearly it was the opportunity of a lifetime to be on a huge hit TV series at 25. But eight years later at 33, Cote knows that she needs to take advantage NOW of the many opportunities being offered to her to work in many diverse roles. Cote may have asked for a one year contract, or a contract which would give her the flexibility to do other projects if they were offered to her. Mostly likely this request was denied, so she had to leave the show in order to have a career.

I was fascinated by the 10-28-2014 NCIS episode when Abby and Tony discussed Ziva. As far as I can recall, that's the first time the NCIS characters have expressed their real feelings about Ziva's absence. And I suspect that each character's dialogue reflects how the actor feels about Ziva's departure. Abby said, "But Tony, she LEFT us," with sadness and anger. Tony replied very wistfully, "I know, but I miss her. I miss my

Clearly, Tony loves Ziva and he's not ready to move on.

I suspect that when Cote didn't re-sign her contract, the cast was angry and hurt. But Michael has remained gracious, kind and complimentary in his public comments, interviews and Tweets about Cote. He has repeatedly said that he misses her and wishes that she could return. He wishes her well. He recognizes that she's a very talented actress who will be offered great roles. When her new mini-series role in "The Dovekeepers" was announced earlier in 2014, Michael tweeted congratulations and best wishes to Cote. Thank you, Michael. I love Cote and you together. I know how much you miss her because you two ARE a dynamite duo.

Tony's been forever changed by his love for Ziva. There was Tony before Ziva, Tony and Ziva, and Tony after Ziva. I'm grateful that the show has not successfully pushed someone new on us over the past year. Notice how they married off Bishop? Suddenly she's married. When the heck did that happen? So glad to see it. She's a nice kid, but she's clearly not in Tony's league.

Now we have this new babe whom we are told knew Tony way back in his cop days in Baltimore. She's brash, overtly sexy (skin tight clothes, boobs hanging out), smart-ass mouthy, kick-ass pushy. So this is Ziva's replacement? Ziva is light years different from this new person. Ziva does NOT dress in a sexy fashion. On the contrary, most of the time she dresses like a combat trooper. She dresses for the job. Ziva NEVER trades on her sexuality (unless she's on an undercover assignment, when she's using her sexuality to catch the bad Ziva is incredibly INTELLIGENT, street smart, powerful, cunning, a survivor, a warrior, always in charge, on a spiritual mission to save Israel and to catch the bad guys. I have to laugh if people think Ziva dumbed down Tony. On the contrary, she smartened him up!!! Tony ALWAYS scrambled to keep up with Ziva!!! She was always one or two steps ahead of him in the figuring out department, which is one of the many reasons why he loves her. She challenges him and he can NEVER get the best of her. I love watching Tony trying to catch up.

NCIS, you can bring back Ziva as a recurring guest star for three or four episodes per year. She didn't die. She's alive and well. She embarked upon a solitary spiritual mission to redefine her purpose in life. The death of her father destroyed everything she had believed in. She's on a quest to create an entirely new life. It may or may not include working at NCIS.

Tony and Ziva are not over. They're really just beginning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony and Ziva FINALLY unite - in the NCIS series final episodes!!!

September 27, 2014

Here's my dream ending for the NCIS Series -- In the last four or five episodes of the series, Tony and Ziva reunite on a secret mission and totally surrender to their passionate love for each other, over and over and over and over, lol! Making up for a little lost time, like about ten years!! I loved watching them for eight years. They always had extraordinary chemistry and were often hilarious together, like Nick and Nora. After her father's violent murder, they became emotionally closer. Tony finally began to reveal his true feelings, becoming very vulnerable as his love for Ziva deepened. He cared about her and he worried for her emotional health and well being. That special scene, in the car, we were witnessing the very moment when Ziva was ready to begin to let Tony know how she felt, and then BAM, the car crash. And next thing we know, Cote is leaving the show and WE get totally cheated out of the love story we'd patiently waited eight years to see. That entire season had been building to a real love story between the two characters. What a drag. I have to say, my heart's not in the show anymore. I watch, but it's not the same. I feel sorry for Cote's replacement. Because NOBODY can replace Cote and we don't want to see anyone replace her. I don't want to see anyone else with Tony. You never know. It took JAG 11 long years to finally unit Harm and Mac in marriage. Donald Bellesario sure takes his sweet time! Cote has sparkling chemistry with everyone on NCIS, not just Michael Weatherley. She was hilariously witty, always misusing slang, gorgeous, sparkling, HOT, always in charge and a very powerful character. Her character's back story is fascinating. Ziva was on a very powerful spiritual mission, which always made her character compelling and fascinating to watch. She wasn't just solving crimes, she was righting wrongs in the world. I miss Cote deeply.

I still watch. Sorta. But my heart's not in it anymore.

• I agree

Getting tired of the show being psuedo tony love life, Bishop shoved down our throats, the parade of over made up women and a tired out and very narcissistic Gibbs. People complain about Ziva dumbing down Tony. Totally wrong... Tony is dumbed down to keep Harmon the man. Harmon is the weak actor..... He has been weak in every series he's done. NCIS fits him best because it calls for the same dead faced look that is natural to him.

Weatherly has a wider range of acting abilities as did Cote. I'm sure this didn't go over well with the narcissistic Harmon. Harmon looks good for his age, but it all ends there.

Who knows. Just my humble opinion.

• weatherly

love ncis. hate weatherly. his character is over done. he is disrespectful, disloyal, arrogant and so on and so on. lets have a little reality here, nobody would tolerate or work with this guy. he has way too many line and very tired of hearing him talk. sad that ziva is gone but that is done. would like to see more of sean murray and have him get a lot stronger and really tell weatherly to shut up and mean it. hate bishop her character is week and boring. don't watch as much as i used to and if this continues will stop watching all together. many people want bishop gone but it looks like they're not listening to the public, this will cost them. as of today my rating is low. will hope for change
  • Going down hill!

I, like many others, have been very sad that Ziva left NCIS and I'm still hoping for her return. I must agree with other members, however, that Bishop is not right for this show. She does not "complete" the team, there isn't the camaraderie that's been there since day one and she just doesn't feel right. Besides, she constantly frowns and squishes her face, which is very distracting, not to mention that she seems to portray the 'dumb blonde' attitude. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of Bishop. Return the show to its great writing/story lines/acting and either replace Bishop with a strong character (preferably Ziva) like Borg or leave it empty, with a suspense of who will fill it. But do not have a limp character that Gibbs and others cower to and who acts like a bimbo!
  • Boring, waste of time!

When they had the Tony-Ziva storyline, the show was interesting; so much that I could overlook the absurd narcissism of Harmon's character, even chocking back blatant hypocrisy of snarky lectures when others had suffered losses and ventured to take the law into their own hands----something "Gibbs" did with impunity after the death of his wife. The sickening continuance of the show pandering government compliance and characterizing anyone who doesn't go along as a potential "risk" or "terrorist" is equally absurd. The show is so out of touch with reality, only the elderly or incredibly young can possibly make up the shows audience. It is dumbed-down, escapist pseudo entertainment, right along with Honey Boo Boo, the Kartrashians, and the other insipid dramas the networks offer. It genuinely gives credence to the television being an "idiot
  • Sad State of Affairs

I have tried my hardest to remain neutral about the show since Cote's departure (I love her by the way), but I can't do it anymore. After most recent episode I feel angry, and sad. First of all I don't quite understand the need for Bishop's character, she brings nothing to the show. I get as a Cote fan it doesn't matter who they had put in there it wouldn't be good enough for us because we want Ziva plain and simple. But seriously someone who doesn't have enough tact to not sit on everyones' desk or barge in while Gibbs is interrogating. Wasn't the unspoken rule you don't interrupt his interviews/interrogations? What was the purpose of trying to kick in the door when you have a key card? Are the writers making her that dumb on purpose after having such a strong female before? I miss the team chemistry. I miss the cohesiveness of the storylines, I miss looking forward to watching this show, because now most of the time I could care less if I miss it.
  • Music Blast

The background music level is too high. It interferes with the dialogue. Other than that the show is first rate.
  • Loss of Ziva Not the Only Problem

This season breaks my heart. The whole team is usually not on the same continent, and rarely work together. I am trying to think of one scene in which Gibbs and Abbie (the most Charming Non-Couple ever) have been together, but I can't.

What's up? Best show on TV is about to die.

And yes, of course, we miss Ziva
  • Where did NCIS go?

I have been so disappointed with NCIS shows since Bishop was brought in. It is not just about her, it is about everything, the writing, the plots, the characters are so weak it is hard to watch. I am an NCIS fanatic and it pains me to see this show go so far down hill in such a short amount of time. I just finished watching a repeat that I recorded "Damned if you do" and it is so fantastic. The writing, the plot, the characters, the suspense, the background music - INCREDIBLE. What happened. did you dumb down the show to accommodate Bishop, because ever since she entered the picture the show has been ridiculous, ever character has been reduced to second rate. PLEASE GET RID OF BISHOP AND BRING BACK THE SHOWS OF THE PAST. PLEASE. I don't think I can sit through another BORING show. Last week Borin added a little more interest, but it still is BORING.
  • ncis episode dressed to kill

okay its been killing me. i feel like i have seen this before only with ziva. can someone please tell me if im going crazy or not!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ellie is not Ziva!

Unfortunately we will probably have to live without Ziva in the show. Every actor has his/her carreer to follow and decisions to make. Many of us mourn Ziva's leaving. BUT> Ellie Bishop is absolutely not an interesting charachter in the team. The first few episodes looked promising, she playing a little genius performing helpful tricks, but with the time, she became a faint shadow. Of course, a second McGeek is not needed, so she has to fill in another special role, that she has not until now. Before she appeared, there was an episode with Jackie Geary playing Susan Polygraph Grady, and for some moments I thought: "This can become funny". But no, she left for another NCIS-Office. I am quite sure she could be better fit to the team than Bishop... What do you think?
  • Borin, love her

Keep her as much as you can. After missing Zeva, we need a strong woman again. She is so fun being like Gibs, Love her. More of her please.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10