NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews page 5 of 49

• Pure Glasberg

Ever since GG lost CDP and he hired the Bishop, the show's ratings have declined every year. In an act of revenge, he decided to kill off Ziva and thereby thumb his nose at all those fans complaining about the show under his direction. When "the kid" appeared in this final episode, I changed the channel. What a sop***ric move.

So in three years, Glasberg has lost two of his top characters as well as a large share of viewers. The addition of "the Brit" is odd. This guy is so non-British mumbling his lines and sounding like he has a mouth full of marbles.

Wonder who will leave next. My money is on Ducky

Glasberg has failed to gain share in the coveted 18-49 age group and has lost over 3 million viewers despite his addition of the "qwerky, twenty something" girl agent.

The show is now just a cash cow for the network.
  • END of NCIS.

Very Disappointed with the finale. I was thinking NCIS story writers were the best. But after watching S13 Finale (I hate to say this) this is the worst episode of NCIS. BTW this will be my last episode too. This is where I stop watching NCIS. GOOD LUCK to entire Team. Good Memories (except the finale).
  • Aging NCIS...

4.5
    Never like to see an original character leave a show but MW gave us plenty of notice so I was prepared for the emotion. What wasn't very satisfying was the writing that took him out. Doing a 4 part episode (almost unheard of) was absolutely the way to go except that it was decidedly UN-DINOZZO CENTRIC. This season closing story-line focused more on FORNELL and his daughter than Tony. The first three episodes had TD passing in and out but not in any way the focus of any part of the search for the rogue MI6/Trent Cort assassin. Last night's finale brought him in but only because of the Ziva connection. All in all it seemed, to me, a weak way to end the season and even weaker way to end MW's time on the show.

Second issue which only occurred to me last night is WHAT is it with NCIS and KILLING MAIN CHARACTERS ??? OK so you couldn't talk Cote de Pablo into reprising her role for a single episode, how does that lead to killing her off ? I had been surprisingly correct in my speculation that there would be a little Dinozzo in this episode but couldn't imagine she'd be minus her Mom. When they announced that ZD was killed my first impulse was to turn off the TV because I'm really not up for killing beloved characters for no apparent reason. I stuck around because I was hoping against hope that this was simply a Mossad ploy to protect her and that we would find out later that she, TD and their daughter would be spending their lives together in some secluded spot. Not to be. This show holds the all time record in prime time TV for killing beloved main characters. Someone should tell the writers there are other ways to end a characters time in a series. This is getting really old.
  • New Guy

As sad as I am to see Dinozzo go (sadder than when Ziva left and I LOVED Ziva) the new British guy is interesting. He's funny and smart but in a different way than Dinozzo so it doesn't feel like we're being given a Tony replacement. I think he would be a good fit for the team and would love to see how his character fits in when we're not on a emotional rollercoaster from Tony leaving.
  • NCIS New vs Original

NCIS is a great show and started with a great cast - each actor and their character were alive to us from their first moment on screen. Gibbs, Tony, Ducky won our hearts in their first minutes on screen. Kate was an alive character and her replacement, Ziva brought life and presence and personality to the team. When McGee was added, he also brought an aliveness and strength of personality in is own way; and Jimmy was a winner from his first episode.. The show is so good about picking wonderful actors for the original cast, and guest starring roles, why is it that they have so seriously missed the boat when choosing actors for the new characters they are trying to bring to the show. Emily is sweet and okay on lighter scenes, but lacks the power to truly handle heavy or emotional scenes. Should keep her involvement in a lighter vein. The two new characters sounded great and interesting in description, but I felt that they came off "flat" (FBI), "superficial" (MI6) in actual performance. Not sure if it was a problem with the actors or how they were directed --No sense of "real" or interest about them. I'm open to new characters if you would please work as hard at hiring actors for new team members as you do for finding the great actors you've used in guest starring role--actors who know how to really bring a character alive. I'm a fan of the show always -- just don't want it to fail when you bring in actors who don't bring the same life and energy and strength to their characters as original cast members and guest stars bring to their roles. Please respect your audience this time and don't keep characters in the mix who don't truly add genuine life and energy to the show. You need new actors/characters who can activate lively team relationships that you lost in part when Ziva left and now with Tony leaving.
  • NCIS and NCIS New Orleans

First, NCIS. For some reason fan reviews on Emily Wickersham do not matter. When she first appeared I thought that they found a new person with the heart-shaped face of Ziva, dark brows, and blond hair to change it up. As time went on I agreed with someone on this website that said she is like someone's pesky little sister. She speaks too softly and needs voice lessons before she moves to another show. I have to turn my TV volume way up when I watch this show. On the two new characters: The female seemed okay, but I am not familiar with her work to judge. I know they are trying to find a comic character like Tony was when younger, but this accent is too much --again half the things said can't be heard or processed. We just don't need a British liaison.

Now NCIS New Orleans. I live in New Orleans and I appreciate all the efforts to be accurate in the culture of this unique city. I think sometimes that Scott Bakula is a little too dramatic and in one scene when he was with a militia I had to turn it off because the makeup was so awful. Sometimes I watch the show and sometimes I don't and if I DVR I rarely go back and watch it. I like it and want it to stay around because there is no other city on earth like New Orleans.

It seems each week we get one of the NCIS programs that is good and the other is medium and they change back and forth.
  • Wickersham and background volume

2.5
    2 important points in all these reviews. Nobody likes Wickersham. That's unanimous. The backup music is way too loud. It's almost like the people who run this show don't think they can make a mistake and have no intention of listening to viewer's complaints. They kill off way too many popular players. An aging Mark Harmon cannot carry this show. I doubt if they can go very long without the DiNozzo character before people tune it out altogether. . The show has gone downhill faster than any I have ever seen.
  • The new Dinozzo replacements

The new replacements have no wit! It seems like they are trying, need someone different.
  • The New Guy!

Watched with eagerness to see the new characters. I was not impressed by either. The new guy is supposed to be witty BUT, witty is only good if you can understand that is being said. The English accent and the speed of his voice made if very difficult to understand what he was saying. My preference would be that neither stay.

Additionally, Bishop's character needs to "step I find her dull and predictable.
  • NCIS Michelle Obama

I wont be watching my favorite show NCIS as Michelle Obama is one of the cast for the show. The president and his wife should not be on TV weather movies or late night shows. What about dealing the our country's issues. They are not famous. The Obama's should be focus on vital issues and wait until they are out of the white house before going into shows or sitcoms... No other President has done the type of things these two have done. Stop spending out money...
  • Time to get over it

Ziva is my all time favorite female character on TV. When she left, I was as disappointed as anyone. Probably more upset then most. I hated Bishop and wanted her of the show. But I thought about my favorite show before NCIS, that was Law & Order. They made changes more often then any show I have ever watched. However, when they replaced Stone, with McCoy, I was livid. But after 5 seasons, McCoy became one of my all time favorites. I am not saying that will happen with Bishop. But guys, it is time to shut up and stop bitching. So really, everyone please grow up, and accept what is, or move on. Bishop is here and she is staying. To keep complaining, is to piss into the wind.
  • Why Is Bishop Still Around

I can't be live Bishop is still around, and has been on the show longer than Kate was. I stopped watching a few shows after she started, then try every now and again in the hope she has gone or its better somehow it's worse.

Can't they replace her with the other Abbey , Bourin . She fits the team so well and instantly, great character and works in NCIS New Orleans too, but we are stuck with boring bishop.

The fact that she has a rate it on here of only 5, shows how much we all dislike her, no other NCIS actor I looked at was so low.

• Boring

I just watched the 5/2 show and this is boring. The humor is gone, the pace is slow and the cast has lost the edginess it used to have.
  • Ziva David

If Cote de Pablo plays in anything again I refuse to watch it.

• Bishop has to go

As someone previously said: nothing personal, but please - Bishop has to go. Are the views and opinions of the fans important to the producers at all? Surely something should have clicked by now?! What is it with the audible exhaling of breath at the end of sentences, the pouting, the quasi lisps, the blurring of words with lips that barely move etc... which art schools teach their potential actors to "act" like this? Nobody talks like that in real life, so why do they do it in shows? It is highly irritating - good actors and big names like Harmon, Weatherly, Pitt, Jolie, Theron, Foster, Hanks, Damon, di Caprio... never ever do that. Please learn from them! The lack of energy and confidence, the ever-present gloomy/depressed/unhappy vibe and even self consciousness all contribute to the fact that Wickersham is not the right choice for this show. (Maybe the actors read the reviews, maybe not - if they do, please don't take this personally). She could be successful in another role as a soft-hearted, kind and slightly naive person. But not in NCIS. Very large shoes to fill, yes certainly. Find her - find the Cinderella whose feet fit the shoes, please! And please add some romantic tension like Tony and Ziva's - it gives flavor and creates expectation.
  • !

This wonderful series is self-destructing. Re-runs for me.
  • get Michael Weatherly back when he is through playing Dr. Phil.

get michael weatherly back after he is through playing Dr. Phil, UGH. Did he really give up NCIS for that. I want Ziva back too. I kind of gave up watching all the episodes for the second time when the blonde came on. I agree with all the other comments as well. Whoever's girlfriend she is doesn't cut it. I watch on Netflix. I haven't watched network tv for 35 years. I want to watch when I want to watch. Hope to get more seasons on Netflix even if it will end with Tony walking out. Love Tony Senior too. Of course I am not in the correct age group. 75 doesn't cut it either, NCIS got me through a long illness. Gibbs, don't you leave. That would be the final disaster. My husband got me all the seasons to watch in the nursing home I was in. I recovered and now I am back fighting for my favorite shows. Thanks. Keep this series going anyway.
  • WOW we all have the same opinion !!!!

4/2/2016

I have not been following NCIS - formerly my favorite show - but I can't stand Bishop so stopped being loyal. I still tape the shows and tonight decided to catch up on the last 5 episodes. I used to run home t see it but not interested any more. I signed on and read some of the reviews and am shocked that we all have the same opinion. The show is aimless. Bishop continues to make the show ridiculous with her poor acting skills. They are trying to make her "tougher" but it is just not working. The plots ar eterrible the characters are terrible. I grieve for the NCIS I knew. I refused last weekend to watch the NCIS marathon because it was the "Ellie" marathon.

So sa. It is time to close up show.

DDFun

I have very little interest in waching the show now. I actually missed this season so far. Was watching reruns today but this eveing the reruns have Bishop in them so I stopped watching.

So sad............

DD

Bishop is winey, cares what your issues are !!!!!

Bring back the show that always caught my attention that I watch over and over and over again. Even now if there is a repeat with Bishop I d not watch !!!!

We want the NCIS we know and love.

DD

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
  • The oscar winning eyebrows must go.

Cannot stand Emily Wickersham. I used to think "poor little thing, having to speak Ellie Bishop's awful lines". But after 2 years, I think she is just a plain bad actress. Her frown and sour face are a big turnoff. However her jiggling black eyebrows must have won a gold medal - somewhere - as they are brilliant, I cannot take my eyes off them, they dominate every scene she's in.

I did read on a - since deleted - review, a couple of years ago, that Emily Wickersham is reportedly GG's niece, who is reportedly a close friend of MH, if that is the case then that might account for her continuing on this show. I am sure that is not the case, and that the casting of this weak milksop of an actress, with the comic eyebrows, was a well thought out considered recruitment and brings exactly what the casting director wanted ie. comic relief.

• Consistent - can I have an explanation

Watching a season from start to finish was a pleasure, now it is disruptive, why tune in? Is it to combat set boxes or more logically they don't care if they lose some of there fans, blind arrogance.

2016 each word represents a week. Since the 5th Jan to 22nd March a whole 8 episodes, some actually not that good so maybe that is why the breaks so we get desperate for any NCIS:)

Episode - Break-Break - Episode -Break-Break-Break-- Episode-Episode-Episode-Episode (OMG)- -Break-- Break

So 14 weeks and 8 Episodes, 6 weeks not a all superbowl so why (PS its all NCIS shows they do this too) Is this an experiment from some over educated socialoligist working for CBS. Yet Netflix and others winning by releasing all at once, who will survive the network wars..
  • Any NCIS with character bishop

Emily Wickersham is no flavor white frosting on a no flavor white cake . white on white. Boring!!!!

She cannot act; not expressive; does not know who she is or how dull; does not know how to create a character that is memorable; looks like a high school cheerleader, mean girl looking for a tiara. Watching grass grow is much more interesting and practices method growing. Get her the hell off of NCIS so I can watch the show without cringing whenever she is in the scene. Ugh!!!! Mark Harmon is no Dicaprio but he should know better that to put a dull blonde with know knowledge on how to act in an action, suspense show.
  • Sadistic Writers

I have missed most of seasons 11-12. I came back to the show in season 13, only to find that teenage blonde having problems with her steady. And doing one hell of a homework project on President Eisenhower.

Does the writer of this travesty still work on the show--because I can't believe it's ratings are so high still. Gibbs has no personality; Vance needs to date and get a wife again (they did so much to make him a full character); and that girl should go.

What is in it for *someone* to keep the Ellie Bishop character annoying viewers or more than a couple of years now? Is she related to a decision maker? Is she somebody's main squeeze? What does anyone get out of keeping such a poor actress in a role so horribly written?

I do agree that Abby needs to have an arc: for her to do the juvie stuff all the time--it's too much and has gone on long enough. Show some range here, for heaven's sake! She's an appealing, beautiful, and smart woman who has not changed one iota that I can tell.

I'll never get back those unwatchable seasons that were Ellie-centric. I do want to continue to watch after season 13 (some great episodes here--still too much of that irritating Bishop girl).

The only reasons to keep Bishop on the show this long has to be a personal one--someone who makes decisions. You should be fired if you are the writer who prolongs Bishop.
  • NCIS is still #1

So sorry for my first review.

All i wanted to say that NCIS is still the best show with the cast at the moment. But i will miss Michael so much. :(
  • NCIS gets the final farewell!

Bishop and her husband have finally done it - destroyed what was my go to show of the week. I stopped watching NCIS {the Bishop show} after enduring her arrival and dominance of a once great entertainment. Finally, I thought I would try it once more and got excited when it looked like Bishop was going to leave. Alas no such luck, the good news was short lived and so "farewell NCIS" You were great and then there came Bishop.
  • I love love love NCIS Washington. I record every ....

I miss Ziva so much. Can you please bring her back???? She was the very best female agent in all of the series. I loved the "love" connection she had with Tony - they were perfect for each other, real love or not!!
  • NCIS Save Emily Wichersham

When I first saw Emily on NCIS I at first did not really like her, but after watching her for a while she grew on me, and I think she is a good replacement for ZIVA did not really care for her and her smart ass attitude, Emily character is the kind of person if you need answers or help she is there for you and will try and help you. KEEP EMILY ON NCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NCIS = save yourself quick

What has happened to NCIS. I have loved this programme for years, firstly with Kate and then Ziva. The chemistry of both characters with Tony has always been a great source of entertainment over the years. They both leave and now we are faced with the personality less Bishop. When we are first introduced to her she is supposed to be a quirky character that sits on the floor or on the desk and makes mind maps. After about a week in NCIS that had all gone and she was at the desk as regular as the rest. What was more mindless was the fact she was married to Jake aka The Librarian, who has about as much personality as a tree. There is no chemistry between them and he adds nothing to the programme. Furthermore himself and Gibbs are supposed to be good buddies, PLEASE. There is no chemistry any more between Tony and Bishop, no smart retorts and quick wittedness. Instead Ellie sits at her desk with that same depressed, one dimensional look on her face. The character has no personality and honestly I don't care that Jake has left her. I was glad to see her go back home and seriously hope she doesn't return.

There is also a lack of camaraderie between Gibbs and Tony and Gibbs is just gone a bit too serious lately. Im sick if seeing him supposedly sanding the boat. Put a little sawdust on the floor for gods sake to add a bit of authenticity. And please stop constantly referring back to Kelly and Shannon and basing a whole programme around them yet again. Move on please.

My last and final moan is about Abbie. Seriously, this woman is 46 years old yet she is constantly acting like a two year old with her constant, Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs. Everyone has to mother her even though most of the rest of the cast are younger than her. Seriously she needs a good kick up her ass.

Tony and his dad are great and I hope we see more of Robert Wagner as this relationship is really great. Ducky and Jimmy continue to impress me.

A final note,drop Jack, Bishop, get Tony another hot , argumentative, strong woman and please Gibbs, stop taking yourself so serious. I am getting tired of you and I have been in love with Mark Harmon for ever.

• NCIS: EPISODE:After Hours

It is hard to review the last 97 episodes when the adventures and drama of the 189 episodes that Ziva the strong female character. It is like comparing prime rib with a dollar hamburger. I could NEVER picture Bishops character in any of the situations that were presented to Ziva. Situations like Ziva shooting her own brother to save Gibbs. Situations like Ziva holding off armed killers while Gibbs has delivering a baby of a Marine in a gas station. Situations like Ziva and Tony holding off drug smugglers while hiding in a shipping container. Situations like Ziva battling a female spy, finally getting her confession on tape. There is not ONE of Ziva's 189 episodes that Bishop's character and Emily Wickersham or even the 46 episodes that the Kate Todd character was seen. The only good thing that Bishops character does naturally in plopping on a desk, simulating using the computer. Other that, she is bust on the show. Please have Tony take her with him what he leaves.
  • Get rid of Bishop!

After Kate and Ziva, two well written and great actresses, you give us this horrible flop of a character? Bishop is dull and unbelievable as an agent. Emily can not act well enough for this part. The writing and her acting are nauseating. Please replace her and quit shoving this nightmare down our throats. GG and Harmon fix this huge mistake already!! After 2 and half years, please make it stop!
  • Gibbs vs Vance

Why do they have to be so antagonistic toward each other more often than not?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10