Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

NCIS Fan Reviews page 7 of 43

• Bishop

Unbelievable as an agent much less on Gibbs team. She doesn't fit. I hope they drop her before they ruin the show
  • No love for Bishop (I agree with this review!)

You have to be kidding me. I will never watch this show again. I get they wanted a different direction, but did they need an 18-year-old blonde sorority girl with pink lipstick? Never watching again. Number one show will become number 100 very soon! Cote come back PLEEEEZE. I can't stand Nancy Drew for another minute! She belongs on the kids channels, not my fave show NCIS! Oh, and I agree with blues39. I'm sure Bishop would be great on a show like Friends, but NOT NCIS. Oh, did I mention she should be playing Nancy Drew?

• Bishop Needs To Go Far Far Away!

I have tried my best to give this character the benefit of the doubt. She's just too vanilla bean Hello Kitty! Don't replace Ziva with fruit cake, you need a character with some meat (that means no cutesy little blondes are going to work.

• Too Bishop everyone else now 1 dimensional

Since the show brought in the Bishop character the shows have revolved around Bishop, a character with nothing to admire, and all the other characters have become one dimensional.

We used to see the Tony character and Tim character growing, the Gibbs character was shown as a good boss, teacher and father figure [ a boss many of us would like to have had], the Ducky character as a profiler and grandfather figure, the Abby character as a strong, smart female, the Jimmy character as a young man growing into a strong character and growing into his job and finally the Director character Leon as a man who had issues and must come to terms with a great loss and find a way to go on.

What do we now have - Leon is missing - on this show. Gibbs is wishy-washy and not the leader/teacher he was, Ducky is just a Medical Examiner, Jimmy is just some wimp who talks about baby crap, Tony is either mooning over Ziva or womanizing, or wimpy, Tim iis in a long distance relationship with a "disabled" character, Abby has sort of remained the same - still smart and strong but not quite relating to others on the same level.

All this from the introduction of a character that seems semi-autistic, and overly brainy in the most annoying way possible. Bishop is a character that I would dislike working with - perhaps that is part of the problem for me.
  • Hate to follow the trend, but....

I have tried to be patient and see how Bishop's character develops, but have to admit it's just not working for me either. The character may have intelligence, and academic prowess, but her personality is wishy washy and totally lacks the inner strength that made Kate and Ziva so appealing. Her lines are predictable and superficial, her character is boring, and I now find myself hoping her mysterious husband gets reassigned so she will leave the show. Oh how I wish Ziva would return!!
  • End the Nightmare and Get Rid of Bishop

Bishop is now ruining the reruns on the USA Network. That was my sanctuary from the Bishop episodes on Tuesday night. I won't watch them and I won't buy any seasons with her in them. When will this madness with her terrible character end?
  • why wasnt there a episode last week?

Why wasn't there a episode on last week????
  • I miss ziiva but give bishop a chance

Her character seems to match Tim McGee they are both smart. We gave tim's character a chance to grow into an agent and shed the geek title. Give bishop the same chance.
  • Bishop is simply a pawn

The Bishop character simply is not working. There is no "there" there. No character development and her big "thing" was that she sat either on the desk or sat on the floor. What an interesting quirk!!! The old characters don't seem to have the same chemistry with each other. You can tell that the writers and producers have gotten the message about Bishop---she was hardly in last week's episode. Everyone seems to be walking on egg shells now. The Ziva character was so strong that I really think they should pull a "second Darin" on the show. Get a woman to play ZIva but maybe with a harder edge from her year in the Mideast. Bishop always looks like she is a high school senior doing a book report on NCIS. The show stinks with Bishop!!!
  • no ziva no watch

this programme used to be the best thing on tv. since ziva left and has been replaced by a inactive glove puppet, it has failed to new woman agent is rubbish.
  • No longer worth watching

Like most here I've enjoyed several years of NCIS but those days are gone for me. The show has lost it's way and just doesn't cut it anymore. I've no idea who or what the Bishop character is supposed to be and the writing is just banal with no underlying plot line. Get a new batch of writers, give the Bishop character a swift execution and tear filled funeral ala Sasha Alexander, stop trying to fix De Nozo up with the next Mrs De Nozo and get back to why people watched this show in the first place. Whatever it's too late for me. Switched off.
  • I agree

Getting tired of the show being psuedo tony love life, Bishop shoved down our throats, the parade of over made up women and a tired out and very narcissistic Gibbs. People complain about Ziva dumbing down Tony. Totally wrong... Tony is dumbed down to keep Harmon the man. Harmon is the weak actor..... He has been weak in every series he's done. NCIS fits him best because it calls for the same dead faced look that is natural to him.

Weatherly has a wider range of acting abilities as did Cote. I'm sure this didn't go over well with the narcissistic Harmon. Harmon looks good for his age, but it all ends there.

Who knows. Just my humble opinion.

• weatherly

love ncis. hate weatherly. his character is over done. he is disrespectful, disloyal, arrogant and so on and so on. lets have a little reality here, nobody would tolerate or work with this guy. he has way too many line and very tired of hearing him talk. sad that ziva is gone but that is done. would like to see more of sean murray and have him get a lot stronger and really tell weatherly to shut up and mean it. hate bishop her character is week and boring. don't watch as much as i used to and if this continues will stop watching all together. many people want bishop gone but it looks like they're not listening to the public, this will cost them. as of today my rating is low. will hope for change
  • Going down hill!

I, like many others, have been very sad that Ziva left NCIS and I'm still hoping for her return. I must agree with other members, however, that Bishop is not right for this show. She does not "complete" the team, there isn't the camaraderie that's been there since day one and she just doesn't feel right. Besides, she constantly frowns and squishes her face, which is very distracting, not to mention that she seems to portray the 'dumb blonde' attitude. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of Bishop. Return the show to its great writing/story lines/acting and either replace Bishop with a strong character (preferably Ziva) like Borg or leave it empty, with a suspense of who will fill it. But do not have a limp character that Gibbs and others cower to and who acts like a bimbo!
  • Boring, waste of time!

When they had the Tony-Ziva storyline, the show was interesting; so much that I could overlook the absurd narcissism of Harmon's character, even chocking back blatant hypocrisy of snarky lectures when others had suffered losses and ventured to take the law into their own hands----something "Gibbs" did with impunity after the death of his wife. The sickening continuance of the show pandering government compliance and characterizing anyone who doesn't go along as a potential "risk" or "terrorist" is equally absurd. The show is so out of touch with reality, only the elderly or incredibly young can possibly make up the shows audience. It is dumbed-down, escapist pseudo entertainment, right along with Honey Boo Boo, the Kartrashians, and the other insipid dramas the networks offer. It genuinely gives credence to the television being an "idiot
  • Sad State of Affairs

I have tried my hardest to remain neutral about the show since Cote's departure (I love her by the way), but I can't do it anymore. After most recent episode I feel angry, and sad. First of all I don't quite understand the need for Bishop's character, she brings nothing to the show. I get as a Cote fan it doesn't matter who they had put in there it wouldn't be good enough for us because we want Ziva plain and simple. But seriously someone who doesn't have enough tact to not sit on everyones' desk or barge in while Gibbs is interrogating. Wasn't the unspoken rule you don't interrupt his interviews/interrogations? What was the purpose of trying to kick in the door when you have a key card? Are the writers making her that dumb on purpose after having such a strong female before? I miss the team chemistry. I miss the cohesiveness of the storylines, I miss looking forward to watching this show, because now most of the time I could care less if I miss it.
  • Music Blast

The background music level is too high. It interferes with the dialogue. Other than that the show is first rate.
  • Loss of Ziva Not the Only Problem

This season breaks my heart. The whole team is usually not on the same continent, and rarely work together. I am trying to think of one scene in which Gibbs and Abbie (the most Charming Non-Couple ever) have been together, but I can't.

What's up? Best show on TV is about to die.

And yes, of course, we miss Ziva
  • Where did NCIS go?

I have been so disappointed with NCIS shows since Bishop was brought in. It is not just about her, it is about everything, the writing, the plots, the characters are so weak it is hard to watch. I am an NCIS fanatic and it pains me to see this show go so far down hill in such a short amount of time. I just finished watching a repeat that I recorded "Damned if you do" and it is so fantastic. The writing, the plot, the characters, the suspense, the background music - INCREDIBLE. What happened. did you dumb down the show to accommodate Bishop, because ever since she entered the picture the show has been ridiculous, ever character has been reduced to second rate. PLEASE GET RID OF BISHOP AND BRING BACK THE SHOWS OF THE PAST. PLEASE. I don't think I can sit through another BORING show. Last week Borin added a little more interest, but it still is BORING.
  • ncis episode dressed to kill

okay its been killing me. i feel like i have seen this before only with ziva. can someone please tell me if im going crazy or not!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ellie is not Ziva!

Unfortunately we will probably have to live without Ziva in the show. Every actor has his/her carreer to follow and decisions to make. Many of us mourn Ziva's leaving. BUT> Ellie Bishop is absolutely not an interesting charachter in the team. The first few episodes looked promising, she playing a little genius performing helpful tricks, but with the time, she became a faint shadow. Of course, a second McGeek is not needed, so she has to fill in another special role, that she has not until now. Before she appeared, there was an episode with Jackie Geary playing Susan Polygraph Grady, and for some moments I thought: "This can become funny". But no, she left for another NCIS-Office. I am quite sure she could be better fit to the team than Bishop... What do you think?
  • Borin, love her

Keep her as much as you can. After missing Zeva, we need a strong woman again. She is so fun being like Gibs, Love her. More of her please.
  • replace bishop NOW!

Look I died when Ziva left the show, but I thought well let the new person show us her best, well time is up! She just doesn't fit. I think Diane Neal would be PERFECT, and she's already on the show, in the Navy anyone agree? STEVE
  • Checkmate

Get rid of Bishop. If I have to see her "scrunched" up face I will scream. her character is coming off like she's smarter than everyone, even Gibbs seems to be stepping aside for her. PR can hype her all they want, it's not working. I would rather have no one, even another man would be better

• I Would Rather Watch Reruns!

Nobody and nothing got in my way of viewing Tuesday night Bishop girl. Gosh, she is awful.
  • Bishop is as dry as stale biscuits

Get her off before I stop watching this show permanently! Watching reruns are better than watching this lame character.
  • Whats happened to this show???

I have been a fan of this show from the beginning. Every season got better and better until Ziva left. For whatever reason she left, unfortunately the new girl Bishop doe's nothing for the show. I would have thought the obvious choice would have been Agent Abigail Borin, and if I remember, in one of the episodes, Gibbs asked her if she ever felt like a change in direction, but said she still had some more work to do before she would move on. In any of the episodes she was in, she held her own with the team and the banter between them was good and lively especially with tony. So I think it's about time someone took a serious look at where this show is going because if it continues on it's present course, the fans will just leave and the show will just die which would be a big shame as up until this point, it could still hold it's own compared with other top shows.
  • Please drop Bishop

Bishop just does not fit in on NCIS. Even a good husband character can't help her. She can't act even if the character was good, which it is not. I can't stand to watch her on the program, so I don't.
  • mourning for the old ncis

do whatever it takes, whatever it costs - GET ZIVA BACK or just show the old reruns. those are the only shows we watch now. thank goodness for the USA channel airing the old programs where the characters had personality and there was chemistry between them. what a shame that's all gone now.
  • All Dried Up

NCIS had a good thing but even before Ziva left, it was starting to dry up. The main problem I have with the show is that they have always concentrated too much on the same three characters. Tony, Ziva and Gibbs. When Ziva left, it left too big of a gaping hole in the character development. The story lines were too often weak. And the characters (middle aged) were too silly - Tony and Abby.

Gibbs barely did anything except grunt. Jimmy and McGee were under used. So when Ziva left, there was no reason to continue.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11