NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews page 7 of 42

• One HATES lies!

NCIS, as the commenter says, is "WATCHED BY THE WORLD"

NO IT ISNT! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

LYING about something is NOT clever.
  • Trying to be optimistic

I watched the whole 10 seasons this summer in about 1 months time because the show was fantastic. It wasn't a typical crime solving show, it had a lot of very quick witted lines that made me laugh out loud. The characters were well developed and entertaining to watch. The fact that Ziva's character left the show was disappointing but obviously not their choice. But the way she was written off was horrible, non believable. But worse, what happened to the writing? It is no longer even remotely funny. I thought maybe they were caught off guard and thus the reason season 11 was so bad but based on last night's season premiere, I don't think that is the case. I struggled to get through season 11 and I am tempted to quit watching now.
  • Loved It - Back to the Basics

I for one loved this season opener. Was it the but it was pretty good. It had everything I look for in a NCIS episode. Action, great dialogue between the characters and Gibbs being a bad as*. Tony was refreshingly serious(not to mention looking hot) , McGee was capable in the field, Vance was for once with the team instead of against them, Jimmy, Ducky and Abby all got screen time and Bishop was minimal. What's not to love?
  • Boring - No character development

1.5
    This was the saddest excuse for a season opener I have seen on NCIS. A wasted hour just to introduce another threat to Gibbs and his team. There was no acting involved a few gun battles and what was that missile shootdown. Who is your technical advisor? Most shoulder fired SAM's are heat seekers and would have hit the engines not the tail. Also just because you launch SAM's (Abby's buddy) does not mean you can ID the sound of a SAM coming in for a hit??? This is of course besides the fact you would not hear the missile over the engine noise. That one made no sense. The characters did not even have a chance to act like themselves. Abby was especially jerky and not her normal character.

Note to Mark Harmon - Executive Producer NCIS - Please get back to the roots of NCIS. Investigate local murders, drug crimes and NAVY! stuff. That gives your actors a chance to shine as a NCIS team and individuals characters. Don't go down the James Bond route having new arch enemies pop up every season for you to battle. Be NCIS agents again.
  • Not a very creative replacement for Ziva... Boring...

4.5
    Why didn't they keep McGees girlfriend in the wheelchair she fit in with the cast and they all had chemistry. I don't like the blond Ziva look alike her hair does not match her face her eyebrows are too dark for that haircolor and that isn't even the point she does Not fit. They should get rid of her. Let it be like real life where she gets fired. Then totally rethink and rewrite. I predict the show has lost a lot of viewers since having this girl take over. So sorry for you. I now find the show dry and boring and too much war stuff. What happened too the mystery. You lost me and I am only one.
  • The writers don't like her, either

The role of Ellie on NCIS (Emily Wickersham) is forced, amateurish, and a little ridiculous. The character is supposed to be a married woman, but acts like a 15-year-old (a little on the dumb blonde side(but then surprise! she comes up with a "really smart" quip), sitting on the floor cross-legged all the time). The character needs to get a new job elsewhere and either bring in someone who fits or leave it alone with the 3 guys. With all the other characters in and out of episodes, the 3 guys alone would be more than okay. I don't look forward to watching my very favorite show anymore.
  • What a pain

NCIS had been the perfect mixture of realistic police work + Hollywood action, seriousness + fun, crime stories/drama + everyday life. The relationships between the extraordinary characters and the development each character had taken had been unique. I'd enjoyed it - until that girl turned up ...

I'm not a Ziva fanatic (although I liked her, not always, but most of the time), and I accepted that Cote de Pablo had to do what she had to do, but I was a bit disappointed by the way she was written out of the series. At least for the remaining character - Tony - the writers should have come up with a different story. So he was simply left behind and couldn't be anything else but depressed and heartbroken. That was a bad choice.

I was open for something / someone new, although I was sceptic that someone else would suit the team, especially not another woman because it was clear that it would be difficult to fill de Pablo's shoes. I liked the five episodes between Ziva's departure and Ellie's introduction. Just the three men (working and dealing with different persons at each case) would have worked perfectly for me for the rest of the season. I didn't need a fourth member at all, especially not a female member. They could have brought in women from the outside like Agent Borin or Vera Strickland. That was fine because each of them added something different. But I was ready to give the new girl a chance.

And then ... Wow! It's not a positive "wow", it's a "who on earth had that awful idea?"-wow, a "who casted her and why did they think that actress would suit the rest of the cast?"-wow, a "what a stupid, poorly written character"-wow. It's nothing against the actress. She probably is a nice girl. But ... A scene in 11/9, the first episode with her, told you everything you needed to know: Small, young, blonde girl next to the three big, experienced men, a unit that can communicate with each other without saying a word. - She will never suit them, she will always look ridiculous next to them. That's not the bad of the actress but why choosing someone like her? To "refresh" the cast? But when the whole main cast is 40+ someone who looks like a teenage girl doesn't suit. It just makes the main cast look even older and the young like an alien. (By the way - I don't mind it at all that the cast is "old". Getting older just had made them better!)

The Mossad-storyline never was realistic, but the great cast was able to make it work. Maybe you didn't buy it completely, but it was enjoyable. Bishop is supposed to be an ordinary analyst, but I'm not buying it. Analysts and profiler don't work alone, sitting on the floor with lots of paper around them, thinking, and then coming up with an amazing result. It's not even quirky or funny, it's just stupid. Counting in school, college, training, working practise and then SIX YEARS of chasing Parsa, she must be 32 at least. Really? She looks and behaves like a 12-year-old. And she really met Parsa in the Middle East? I'm not even buying she has ever been to Europe, speaks a foreign language (has ever left college). And how did she identify him? Sitting as a lotus flower in the desert, the computer on her lap, and he came by, and she thought, "Well, he's going to be a terrorist"??? Oh, come on!

Now she is turned into a field agent. Really? She is not even able to hold a gun. When I saw it the first time I was hoping she would shoot herself. At least, it wouldn't have surprised me at all. No authority would let her do field work. The old Gibbs would have never ever accepted her in the team. Not even as a so-called analyst because they don't need any. I mean - they have Gibbs' famous gut, haven't they?

But the worst thing is that the show suddenly centres her. Abby, Ducky, Palmer, and Vance are cut short to unimportant side-kicks, Gibbs, Tony and McGee are standing around waiting for her to do something, to solve the case, although she has not a clue about criminal investigations. WTF??? I've read reviews saying, that it had been the same with Ziva, but that's simply not true. Gibbs has always been the strong leader, the team worked as a team, and Ziva was just a part of the team. Never before the entire cast had stepped back in that extreme way to give a new character room to show how clever s/he is.

And why is everyone so polite and nice? Once it was a joke when Gibbs said "pleeeeaaase". Every new character had to fight her/his way into the team. There were arguments, tensions - and it was good! And now Gibbs tells her she did a great job? When? What did I miss? Why on earth he should want her in his team? Because of what? She disobeys orders, she isn't a team player - just one season ago it would have driven Gibbs nuts. And now he invites her being part of the team???

Where has the team work gone? The chemistry? The dynamic? The ability to switch from being serious to being funny in a second? Ducky's stories? Gibbs' alpha-man-action? The boat? Tony's pointed remarks? The REAL men's-restroom-conversations? (Oh, come on, did you really have to do that?) Weird team meetings in Abby's lab? (... to be continued endlessly) THAT's why I loved this show! I loved the characters, the dynamic, the mixture of genres from drama to comedy. I'm NOT watching NCIS to see a girl sitting on the floor. Maybe if SHE was a sidekick. Maybe if she was funny - at least a little bit. But she simply isn't. She isn't clever, she isn't funny, she has no ability any other character wouldn't have. She doesn't ADD anything. She is like waterproof material, everything rolls off on her. She is stiff like a board with just three different facial expressions. She doesn't interact with any of the other characters. HER men's-restroom-conversation with Tony was characteristic for the whole figure "Ellie Bishop" - pointless.

PS. Please, excuse possible syntax and other mistakes. I'm not a native speaker, and my reading/understanding skills are much better than my writing skills. ;)

_____________

Update after surviving ten episodes with Bishop - I've to correct the thing with "it has nothing to do with the actress". It has nothing to do with the PERSON Emily Wickersham, but she is one of the most untalented actresses I've ever seen! Please, free us from her, she's unbearable!

_________

Update after being finally through season 11 and reading a lot of reviews. I noticed three things. 1) The Ziva-effect. There are a lot of people who keep telling you that you don't like Bishop and the show anymore because of Ziva's departure. To make that clear: THIS IS NOT ABOUT ZIVA. I even agree with some people saying, that the Tiva-storyline and the Mossad-stuff got a bit stale. I would have been fine with someone new, and / or a different style. So - this is all about Bishop and the awful way she's changing the team chemistry. There were a dozen of actresses in this season who would have been a better fit!

2) The storylines got worse from about season 7 onwards when Glasberg took over but they had never been so bad than in season 11. Maybe it's time to not only get rid of Bishop but also of Glasberg and some of the writers!

3) "Stop watching when you don't like it anymore"! - When you came a long way with a series like this - and ten years is a very long time -, then it is easier said than done. The characters have grown on you. They are like remote relatives. You want to know what will happen to them. But with that girl and the storylines getting worse and worse I'm ambivalent about watching season 12.
  • Bimbo is a funny name

Well, I really miss those mind games between Tony & Ziva, where r the caf-pows, where are the slaps on back of the head?!?!?! I can number lots of reasons why NCIS is not what it was, I always came back from school, turn the TV on and watch NCIS, I don't blame Bishop, it's what she has to do, I think we should make a video share it everywhere we can, so we can send a message to them, Without Tiva ,where's the sexual tention, I really liked the episode when Tony was messaging to Ziva on olaptop, it was just exicting to watch! Wow! That's all I can say, or maybe they are making the NCIS bad, and then Ziva comes back with Extreme something, but seriusly, I think if Cote comes back, everything will be ok again! That's my opinion! :)
  • Credit!

If you admire the quality of this show than have trust, they are very good! Let them surprise you. I'm so glad the new season is here missed NCIS love to see their new story lines, can't wait .

• Toilet Flusher

The fake blond bimbo needs to be flushed down the toilet. If Bellisario can't see that she is running his show down the drain then he needs to get new glasses. Usually I like his choices but this is a bad choice. He should have used Eva Longoria, Michelle Rodriguez, Or Camila Belle, hell even Jennifer Lopez would of been better

• The fake blond bimbo

I just can't understand why the new fake blond is still on my ex-favorite show!!!

I've never seen worst written character and worst actress!!

Season 12 will flop just like season 11 because of her! Get rid of her or send her far far away!

It's not the show I used to love so much!
  • Is the bimbo still there?

New girl is a flop. She's been on the show at least 10 episodes longer than she deserved. Please put her and all of us out of our collective misery. We are begging you.
  • NICE (with blonde)

New blonde, cant watch her, I watch my own family eat and work out problems, I have no desire watching her and we dont. We have stopped watching new episodes until she is gone, is she by the way? New NEVIS is a rate of 4.0 (one point for each main character minus two for blonde). Old NCIS with David 9.0.

• Do any Real USMC vets like this show ?

Gibbs Would have never made the rank of Gunnery Sgt. W/ that head slapping . Any discenplanary usages would be done behind closed doors. It disrespectcts yourself & the subordinate. Yet, this poor representative view of the Corps is unreal. I admit that I enjoy the rest of the cast, After Ziva departed, the show is gasping for air. Who really thinks that the new fake blond girl fits in ? Does sitting on the floor is somehow cool ? She takes away from the rest of an otherwise great cast. Ziva's gone, Gibb's dad is gone. End it. It's become rote & even more predcictable than it was to start with. . , Howd Gibbs get to Ziva, Tony & Mcgeek after a 1500 meter shot in less than a minute ? I understand "poetic liscence" but seriously ? That was the shows major gaff. As Far as Gibbs being A nearly indefeatable hand to hand bad ass, He has the legs the size of a 13 year old girl. He could never sustain even a minor sweep w/o breaking major bones. Finally, NO Man would allow being smacked in the back of the head repeatably without giving it back , Would you ? It's a shame that a show with such an interesting and enjoyable cast should revolve around a " Wanna be" Marine. Anyone that buys that spiel is a sucker, at best, The only reason I've watched it at all is nostalgia [ Ducky, from the Man from Uncle] And Abby. She is interesting & sexy. Sgtrudz [ a real Marine]
  • The series has gotten worse much worse, and the characters boring

The series has gotten worse much worse, Previously there was a tension in the series that does not exist now. And the characters are now boring. Tony was the team clown, he has now become serious. Do not think he has been hit in the head at all this season. McGee seems to not know what he should do. Bishop is a female version of McGee, who does McGee's previous job. Gibbs has become a softy, he has not beaten Tony in the head this season. The old Gibbs had not accepted the Bishop's behavior. All that Bishop adds is a new face. The team needs a strong, physical woman who can kick some ass. Not some young immature schoolgirl. I do not know about the changes in the characters are a way to cope with the loss of Ziva, and that the latter returns to normal. Or if the loss of Ziva has shaken the characters in depth. As the series is now, it is not worth watching. Still manages to draw a lot of viewers, which I think is strange.

The series is bad is not just about Bishop. okay, she does not fit. I agree with that. There is too much Bishop Show. Every time they are looking for a suspect turns Gibbs to Bishop. Bishop find him or Bishop trace him. Gibbs should turn to the team as he always did. The chemistry is gone the writing is bad. And the characters are changed. Gibbs is no longer Gibbs, Tony is not Tony anymore. What made the series so successful and popular is gone. I'm moving on.

• Write the sponsors

Hey - it might seem as though no one associated with the series either listens to or cares about what seems to be rather overwhelming negative feelings regarding Bishop...... but maybe letters to those sponsors providing the commercials would be a plan. At least one could be sure that they would pay attention. I'm sure she's a very nice girl, but I'm also certain that she isn't good on NCIS. I could go on, but everything has been said so many times, it's not necessary.
  • The Three Musketeers.

Gibbs, DiNozzo, McGee, that's all you need in the front for a successful TV show. They all play off each others so well. Bishop is a pain. That's all I can say. I believe the show could survive without a 4th wheel. McGee and Abby can handle the analytical parts of the show. Ziva won't come back because Cote de Pablo has left of her own free will. Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly and Sean Murray are great, having done this for 10 years and don't need Bishop.
  • Happy Days Redux

IMHO NCIS has jumped the shark with Ellie Bishop.
  • My idea is...

bring back Ziva, child in tow. Obviously, Tony's, get them back together. They need to spruce up the romantic interest AND the crime solving piece. That would bring people back for sure! Send Bishop to LA or NOor anywhere else. They don't need another genius. They have McGee and Abby.
  • Excited About Season 12

Season 12 of NCIS starts in four weeks! It's hard waiting. I'm looking forward to meeting the new baddie, the young Duckie, and Tony partnering with an FBI agent. It's going to be a fun year!
  • Let's kick the barbie out.

So, Cote de Pablo 'left' and they replaced her with some blonde barbie that tries to be smart, talks too much and eats every time she is not 'talking'. She does not only suck herself, but she also makes the others act weird. Gary calls it 'organic' that nobody talks about Ziva in the show and that Ziva did not visit when Jackson died. .

And then he makes it worse because let's put a new girlfriend for Tony in the show while Ziva is in Israel with a mental breakdown. Because yeah, we call that 'organic', right Gary? That girlfriend is a bad copy of Ziva what is obvious.

My advice if you want your vieuwers back, bring back Cote and get rid of the weird

• The "makeover" isn't going to make her suck any less

I saw some photos from the set for season 12, and it seems Bishop is back. Apparently they trimmed her hair two inches and got rid of the torn jeans. Too little, too late. Emily still can't act, and the team still doesn't need an analyst. This experiment was over 10 episodes ago.
  • One-way ticket out for Bishop

Bishop's terrible in this series and she knows it. It's obvious she cannot find her place and that she doesn't fit. The writers also had a problem with the Zava/Tony romance. That could not work either. This beloved program is going down. When the writing has gotten bad in past other shows, it signaled to me that new writers were hired and they were not good ones. Does NCIS really, really have to end? Hiring a more interesting replacement for Bishop could enliven the series. Send Bishop on a long trip to a dangerous place and arrange for her not to survive the experience.
  • NCIS. It was great!!! Until Bishop showed up.

Every male on the team has been emasculated. And Abby isn't faring too well, either. It's downright embarrassing what has happened to this once-awesome # 1 show AND what the incredible cast pre-Bishop

has been reduced to.

Absolutely Amazing that the dummies ever solved a case without Super-Sleuth Bishop. Snark!

• Love, love, love NCIS, and yes, that means Bishop

I LOVE Bishop, I think she's awesome. She's quirky and cute and fun and different and I love her smarts. I love that she sits on the desk/floor because I prefer to do the same as well. I love that she's an eater, because I think that's cute and that's her way of dealing with things. I LOVE that Gibbs treats her a little differently because he sees that she's different and treats her as such, same as Abby. Ziva was different and he had a different relationship with her, he's going to treat everyone differently because that's what he does. I love that Bishop can keep up with Tony in his movie references, that is awesome. I also love that she's married and so we know she and Tony can't get together, leaving him to find someone else outside of the team. And I love that she's analytical in the way that she does things and figures things out and that she can store so much information. She's a lot of things I am, so I connect with her character and think that the actress portrays her very well. I'm hoping that everyone else will grow to like her, just like everyone grew to like Ziva after she was on for awhile. Go Bishop!! #teamBishop
  • Why is she still here?

@Istill a very good show.

You, respectfully, have gone and made the same mistake so many Bishop defenders before you have. You insist on tying our dislike (or outright "hatred") of this character to the departure of Ziva. That is not the case ... at least not for everyone. I was fully prepared to accept the new girl, just like I loved and accepted Ziva after they killed off Kate. It is BISHOP that is the problem. Not the absence of Ziva. She is an atrocious character being propped up by bringing all ... and I mean ALL ... the other characters down. You like her, and that is your right and privilege. Truly. But please don't presume to know why so many of us do NOT. If you look at this site alone, there are 1,057 posts. The VAST majority, if you notice, are anti-Bishop.

That having been said, I agree that the show is still good. I just am not going to waste my time watching reruns of this season. I'd rather watch reruns of all prior seasons for the umpteenth time.

By the way, people. fan forum dot com /f321/

is a great forum to discuss the show (and all your favorite shows). I just discovered it recently. Be warned though. I've seen a lot of ACTOR bashing on this site (or Bishop). While critiques of the show and the characters are most definitely allowed ... I started an anti-bishop thread myself ... bashing the actor or her fans is not allowed.

===============

Meaning, Bishop. I've created another "review" so I can keep ranting about how bad she is as an actress and as a character. I'm sorry, she is just blah. It's so bad that I'd rather watch reruns of all earlier seasons for the 10th time than watch one rerun with her in it. Period.

I've heard rumors she is back only for two episodes, but I suspect that is all it is... a rumor. Does anyone have an email address for any real person that I can write to. It probably won't make a difference, but I'll certainly feel better.
  • Used to have a Great Team BUT now NOT with 'bishop'

HEARTBREAK - they have a new 'failure - bishop' - The Show WOULD BE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT her.. YES, we miss Ziva - BUT the Show is Still SOOOO MUCH Better WITHOUT bishop!

We don't have to have Ziva back but NCIS does need to Get RID of bishop - Gibb's Team would be so much better without bishop.

I used to look forward to Tuesday nights & watching Gibb's Team - but no longer. Now I want to Throw Up.

I am glad that they covered sexual assaults in the military - this should never happen anywhere and it is always disgusting to hear of this happening in our military.

***

As an update - my feelings are no better - Actually worse. this bishop character is a JOKE!
    Wow..... Finally got a chance to see the majority of Season 11..... Who the hell is this Bishop? Did they find her playing a background character on "iCarly" and say, "Hey! She'd make a GREAT addition to NCIS!!" ??? I managed to sit thru most of the season on DVD, but..... I fear it may be my last. What happened to everyone? Gibbs.... older and soft. Tony seems to have lost his edge.... McGee had an awesome looking girlfriend and POOF! ... she gone. The connection just seems to have disappeared. :(

Please, PLEASE..... make me wanna come back for Season 12.
  • Ziva we hardly knew ye

Sure I'm sorry to see Ziva go, but she gave us one of the most memorable characters in TV history. No actress/character could possibly fill her shoes. NCIS was a good show before she joined and has the potential to remain a top show - even without her it's much better than the moderately successful NCIS LA. Criticizing Wickersham/Bishop is fine, but who would be a better fit? The show's chemistry visualized by Don Bellisario is far more complex than most and it would obviously be much better if he was still at the helm to navigate this transition. But no matter who runs it, the foundation is so solid I can't imagine it going so far off the rails that I would stop watching.
  • . NCIS

I agree with the majority postings re: Bishop. Even if one could stand her and find her part believable, the life has gone out of the show. The building of the characters and their interaction, sometimes sad sometimes funny, made the show special. What I find most bizarre is given the what Ziva as a charter meant to everyone, she has not been mentioned ever! It is as though the original show has been totally cut off from the present. Even Kate came back in memory, as did Mike Franks, but Ziva no! I agree that the coastguard woman would have fitted well. Who is writing the show and who is casting? Casting has been one of the shows strengths. Sad but won't be watching in future.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11