NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews page 7 of 39

• Bishop is great! Do keep and develop her character.

Bishop is the best addition NCIS had for years and I have become even more attached to the show, which I have been watching from day 1. The reasons for Bishop's significant contribution are simple: She is the only candidate of the team that can stand up to Gibbs with her intelligence and competence. All the others are scared of Gibbs, Ziva having been no exception. Both Ziva and Abby have been Gibbs' competent, clever and obedient daughters. Bishop brought in a new atmosphere of somebody saying to Gibbs: "No boss, your idea sucks; here is a better This role has immense potential. The actress chosen is just perfect: she is very pretty (even more cute than pretty), looks shy yet when the problem at hand demands it the most forthcoming of all the team. It is also likely that she will be the only one to become a real pal of Dr. Mallard (even perhaps accompanying him to the opera) because of her great knowledge in all sorts of things and her ability to learn things very quickly. Abby is very knowledgeable, but she is too little-girlish. Dr. Mallard needs more of a European type intellectual as a pal: Bishop is just the right type. As a professional scientist and member of the US National Academy of Sciences, I have actually met young women very much like Bishop and they are great fun to interact with.

The negative reviews about Bishop greatly saddened me, because it might discourage the script writers about the character. The viewers who commented negatively on the character clearly do not recognise what Bishop stands for: she is like none of the characters NCIS has ever had before. The MIT graduate McGee is too nerdish and insecure; Abby is too girly and stuck in her lab. Bishop, by contrast, is the intellect in the field and in the office.

Since she has joined the team, I watch NCIS with renewed interest (my great love for the series in part stems from the fact that I too, like Gibbs, have a military history that I greatly value; I see in Gibbs some of my superior officers that I very greatly respected).

For Heaven's sake keep Bishop (Wickersham is a fresh breath of air also because she is so attractive) and DEVELOP THE CHARACTER as brains+action+Gibb's girl+Dr. Mallard's intellectual pal.

A. M. C. Sengor, Professor of Geology at Istanbul Technical University

• Bring back Ziva please!

5.5
    Sorry, I am slowly getting put off watching what used to my favorite show NCIS. Bishop in,t upto the role and showsare getting tooserious and boring due to her role. Their is no funny side to the personalities anymore. Please change it to the way it was for the last 10 years.
  • Bishop Ruined the best cast on TV

I can't even watch NCIS anymore me and my mom used to get so excited for a brand new NCIS every tuesday. i have watched NCIS since it started when i was 4, i never understood it but i was in love with it, i have seen every episode until Ziva left. Bishop is such a plain character all she does is eat food and sit on top of everything. But what really got me mad is when CBS said that the new character would be her OWN character meaning nothing like Kate or Ziva. But they lied because Bishop can draw really good just like kate, and fights like Ziva (But not as good) The team had such a great bond with Ziva , they were like a big happy family. They used to all tease each other when one of them had a date and now Bishop is MARRIED and McGee is getting really serious with Delilah (who is another boring character) Also CBS said that the new character and McGee were gonna like each other like "Tiva" which isn't gonna happen(Thank god) because Bishop is married. I also hate how she's a computer geek. We already have McGeek for that! She absolutely ruined the best show on tv and now i can't even watch my favorite show. THE NEED TO KILL BISHOP OFF PLEASE AND HAVE ZIVA COME BACK I NEVER WANT TO SEE OR HEAR BISHOP AGAIN.
  • OMG please bring Ziva back

1.5
    I hate Bishop she seems boring and her relationship with the others is stupid, unlike her Ziva who was very interesting and had a great romance going on with Tony was more interesting, No offence to the actress I am sure she is very good at her job, please CBS get rid of Bishop and get Ziva back on the show. Since she came on I have not watched the series, I use to watch it every Tuesday night wondering when Tony and Ziva would finally hook up.
  • this cast and fans deserve better this season

I think the writing has been off this entire season, and that the talents of all the actors on the show have been diminished by it. Lifelong fans of the series have been compromised me, bringing back the well loved characters of the past in an attempt to appease us has only served to remind me how much better the writing was back then. Mike Franks, two examples of the strong minded, strong willed, never apologetic characters that won our hearts. Where is that kind of creativity now? It is seeming more and more each week that the characters of Gibbs, Tony, McGee, even Abby have become one-dimentional, stunted, no longer growing, evolving. Frankly, they are just not interesting anymore. And the new female team member is equally as unimpressive. Sorry, but you gave us the character of Ziva who intrigued us right from the start, made the team and viewers sit up and take notice is a lot to live up to, but if you can't do it please just end the show, move on to New Orleans, and leave our oh so fond memories untarnished

New review on 4/11/14 and above still applies. The writing has been HORRIBLE! There is no fun anymore, Gibbs has become a silent shadow of who he was before, Barrett is a dull, horrible too much to watch anymore. Are present writers watching the USA marathons??? It would remind them of the humor, comraderie, character development this new season is completely devoid of.
  • Can't Watch NCIS anymore

I heard Cote wanted to move on - fine. I would miss her but was excited to see a new character. Bishop is such a BIG disappointment! She didn't fit in from the start. Gibbs handed the team over to a newbie. What a laugh! Tony and Tim became shadows of themselves. Then, Abby asked for her help! Oh, my! Bishop sits on floor, gathering germs, then sits on their desks!! Oh, and eats junk food. Great role model I tried to watch but it only hurts. I heard that Tim is now giving his keys to his home to Delilah? Are they crazy! I loved to see who Tim would hook-up with next and how Tony watched over him and helped him get girl friends. And, Delilah is another BORING character, she's a paper pusher! Tim needs that game girl! No interest in Tim if, he gets hitched. Tony has become a non entity. Fire the writers and start over, please. I don't even tape it anymore. No interest in this new season. So, sad.
  • still hope for Cote..

I still hope cote come back for the final at least for a appropriate TIVA ending and I hope this time Gary Glasberg to ve better on his writing because many viewers didn't piss off only with CBS' lies for cotes'Departure that it was "her decision" (my answer in this is :P :P :P)but also how TIVA ended in PPF ( personally I didn't rate or comment this episode because in my opinion wasn't worthing any of these)

My answer to many many 'fans' of viewers of NCIS that "it's ok I didn't like Ziva anyway" I ask them why then for eight years on every single episode of NCIS said "She was Amazing" .. In addition The show after sasha's departure moved on because it was 2 years and there was no Tate or father/daughter bond like Gibbs with Ziva... There were two Ziva centric season during the 8 years. Season 7 Ziva's recovery after Somalia and season 10 a ziva centric emotional season which was also a TIVA season at the same time...

The show can't move on from cote and ziva ... We have seen this during this season bring COTE back . one last request for billionth time...

G-E-T

R-I-D

O-F

B-I-S-H-O-P!!!!
  • NCIS FUN NO MORE!

I watched an interview with Paulie Perrette on the Talk. She said that she and Michael Weatherly decided from the beginning of NCIS to make the show fun. I have been watching NCIS since Sasha Alexander stepped off Airforce One to join Gibbs at NCIS. I do not like the blonde. She adds nothing to the show. Who cast her? I love this show and still watch about 20 minutes of it to see if it's interesting or fun and then I change the channel.
  • Love NCIS

Please get rid of Bishop and get Ziva back if possible. Thanks

Your episodes now are different, why the changes.

• many have replaced long time characters successfully

I am hanging in although I have not watched every episode and have fast forwarded through some Bishop appearances or I would have had to turn off the whole show. Ziva followed Kate, Vance followed the well-loved Director Jenny Shepherd, there have been several SecNavs and the only one that bugs me is the present one but she may improve. In other series, POI, Detective Carter wss replaced by Shaw - a little hard to take but she grews on me and now I really like her. What is consistent about Bishop is she is not growing on people, she is lower and lower and in one poll has dropped from 78% positive to 53% positive. Apparantly you can not vote in this poll more than once so it has somd value. So keep speaking out. Our old show is improving and if we can replace Bishop with a strong agent like Kate or Brody, we will have a first class show again.
  • not a very good actress

2.5
    Ever since Ziva was replaced with the airhead Bishop the show stinks. No cohesion with cast members and she is stiff as a board. PLEASE for the sake of the show bring back Ziva. Writers get a clue, you are wrecking a once great show.
  • The writers are the biggest problem

1.5
    The writers have lost it. No fun anymore and Bishop doesn't help. My husband and I were faithful watchers. Not anymore.
  • Ellie Bishop rocks!

Ellie Bishop (Emily Wickersham) is the best addition to the show since Kate Todd (Sasha Alexander) left. Cote De Pablo left the show because she wanted to, GET OVER IT please. If you guys are actual fans of the show, instead of wasting your efforts on bashing the newcomer, you should use those efforts to support the other members of the cast of this fine show you're still watching. Mark Harmon, Michael Wheaterly, Pauley Perrette, David Mc Callum, Sean Murray, they all work their asses off to please us. Learn to appreciate it and keep watching. Or find another show to watch and leave us alone. Thank you.
  • Saints Preserve us! Cos Bishop wont

Faithfully watched all episodes of NCIS since its inception, and now I cannot stand to watch. Suddenly it has become the Bishop bonanza, with everyone subordinate to this insipid character. She is such a weak replacement for Ziva. She has no personality, lacks charisma and controls all conversations with the rest of the team acting as grovelling support for her operational and technical brilliance. Have the writers changed or become fanatical feminists? All of the male members now seem to occupy lesser roles and be overly in touch with their female sides. No testosterone left, they are girly cheer leaders for Bishop. Great shame, I loved the old NCIS.
  • I'm on the bandwagon

Please get rid of Bishop. She has no charisma, she fades into the background. She does not fit this show. I am missing episodes and really don't care. If Ziva is not coming back you need to get a fiery redhead, long curly hair and a take no prisoners attitude. Someone to clash with Gibbs but that he and the fans can't help but like. However if my vote counts GET ZIVA BACK
  • Is CBS listening??

4.5
    NCIS is not working because of Bishop. Do you hear the fans? The ratings are down. Do any of you who run NCIS care? Don't ruin the show with poor replacements.
  • Bin the Bishop

Oh dear, what bright spark decided to bring in such an insipid character as Bishop, played by an equally insipid Emily Wickersham who comes across as simpering schoolgirl and brings absolutely nothing to this once great series. Ms Wickersham has no charisma whatsoever and the so-called 'rapport' between her and the other actors is zero.

In my candid experience NCIS ratings are going to go down faster than the Titanic unless they write Bishop out ASAP, over to you guys/girls.
  • The Show needs bigtime help! Writers need to focus on Bishop

Brody is awesome. I love her charachter, Why didn't Brody get the job as newest member of Gibbs team? I may have start watching NCIS New Orleans instead of NCIS. The new New Orleans team is good. NCIS is lost. I think NCIS is going to CONTINUE to lose audience share if it isn't fixed soon. What happened to Jimmy? Where is Ducky? Who the hell is Bishop? And why is she even on the team? Does Gibbs like her because she reminds him of his daughter...

Bishop is confusing. Is she a brilliant member of the team or a ditzy blond bobble head? The writers need to figure it out, because the character doesn't fit. Its hard to believe that an immature college sophomore (how Bishop acts) knows more than Gibbs. Just can't buy an NCIS investigator is so ditzy and juvenile.

On another note, please ask Bishop to slow down her delivery and enunciate. My God she mumbles half her lines. Thank goodness for replay/rewind so I can figure out what she said.

• New writers?

I do not know what is going on with the show, but something is off.

It drags and makes no sense. Are there new writers, are they getting tired, or is this the end of the show?

I was thinking when Gibbs sent Bishop out to the garage BY HERSELF with the killer loose, that would be the end of her but I was wrong. WHY WOULD GIBBS SEND HER BY HERSELF????? Also, why would they not call McGee and warn him. Seriously flawed writers. They must be writing for the ignorant masses without brains.
  • NCIS New Orleans

I live in New Orleans! And I love NCIS! I find whenever something is filmed here too many of the city's elements are included at once and the accents are too Southern. Reality is we are an old port city and being a Navy show the port and river were not included. Instead the French Quarter, marsh, streetcar, cemetery, and voodoo were included - typical New Orleans travel log -- so predicable. In many cases people in New Orleans have only slight southern accents. We do incorporate some regional slang in vocabulary which surprisingly were picked up on. I liked the cast (except LaSalle's accent and the legos). The offices were good. I would like to see it get another chance as a spinoff with a little editing and a story with some grit. And, yes it is a beautiful city as was mentioned, and the food really is that good!
  • NCIS-NO very good

I thought CBS hit a home run with the two New Orleans shows. They were fast paced and I love the chemistry with the team. If only Bishop had fit in as well with the DC bunch. Also love the accent of the young Forrest Gump on the NCIS NO team. You can't fake that. I'm still holding out hope that Ziva will appear in last episode. Her departure just left too many unanswered questions and there is no doubt the show desperately needs her. It has even messed up the chemistry between Tony and McGee. I'll be watching NCIC-NO. I think they got a hit.
  • NCIS: My Brotha

After watching the last two episodes of NCIS: My Brotha (ad nauseum) tried too hard to be brotherly, everything from dialogue to chemistry fell flat, no matter how hard "my brotha" you need to fix NCIS before you start up NCIS: NO. Bishop is brutal, I find myself flipping channels and moving away from NCIS. My family has been staunch supporters and I'm the last one standing still watching, last night, I flipped to "The Voice" after hearing "my brotha" for the tenth time in the episode. UGH!!!! NCIS: LA was awesome and is constantly changing it up and it works!
  • Since season 11 started

Pure fact: After Ziva left they lost a lot of viewers and some ratings, after that numbers are going down. They bring in Bishop in hope that she is something that show according to viewers and ratings, they manage to pull up a little but, not good enough. With NOLA spin-off they thought that this will bring viewers back , but it didn't, well maybe a few thousand. Main problem I am seeing here is that all over social networks and forums people spit all over Bishop. I don't know why but it looks like majority of those people want Bishop gone. Interesting is that many people want Bishop gone no matter if Cote comes back or not ("not Cote fans"). I don't know how CBS is dealing with all those critics but the gonna have to do something about it IF they are planing to run NCIS for some time. But it looks like CBS is satisfied with ~17m viewers, even thought they know they can do it much better. Maybe they should for start bring back Cote, to see how people will respond. If that will rise their ratings and viewers, they found out their mistake. If that won't raise numbers, then I guess, they will have make Bishop go away. It's easier to bring back someone, than kill one. My opinion is professional, and please no hate speech.
  • Something is wrong with the show

Number one problem is Bishop. She doesn't fit with the rest and her character is totally uninteresting.

The episodes have become un-funny and try to accommodate too much sappiness and political correctness.

Maybe it ran its course or they need to hire new writers and directors (in addition to replacing Bishop).

This was the last week I watched it.
  • No Ziva BUT Viva Bishop!

I miss Ziva too - I also missed Kate when she left, however, I like Bishop - a lot. She brings a different dynamic to the team. Give the girl a chance.
  • Bring back Special Agent Vera Strickland

Remember her in episode three? Put her back on the team as a regular. Don't worry about not having a young pretty face on the show. Bishop is not working out. Agent Vera Strickland was great with everyone. Great Chemistry.
  • How's this possible

I watched a Episode of NCIS "You better watch out" which was made in 2012 and they show 100 dollar bill that hasn't been released yet to the public on the show, and it looks about 95% of the real 100 dollar bill that was released in 2013 NOW HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
  • VIVA LA ZIVA !!!!

BRING BACK ZIVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE BRING BACK ZIVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO WHAT EVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET HER

BACK ! YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS FEEL THE SAME. THEY HAVE QUIT WATCHING . BRING ZIVA BACK !!!!!
  • Absolutely brilliant

Watching season 5 right now and loving this show, really liked Kate and thought I was really gonna miss her after they just assassinated her but Ziva has been amazing as well. Lovable characters, great cases, surprises, top notch acting. What more can you ask for? Looking at the recent reviews - it seems like Ziva's replacement is killing this show :(
  • bring zeva back