NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 Returning September 23, 2014

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews page 8 of 36

• Bishop too cutesy!

I agree with all the reviews about Bishop. She is just too cutesy for me and needs to deal with that hair in her face. And I, too, feel Gibbs has departed from his leadership role. Please do something!!! The show has not maintained its high standards.
  • Bishop, BLAH

I have see every NCIS and watch the reruns. Wouldn't miss it. Since Bishop joined I can hardly watch it

The writers seemed to have lost their touch. . Why do they have Gibbs stepping aside and asking her for everything. If she continues, this faithful NCIS follower will no longer be faithful.
  • Just saying...

I have watched NC I S since it was debuted from JAG. I watch reruns faithfully. I have been dismayed when several great characters were removed, . Kate, Jenny, and Mike. I understand Cote De Pablo wanted to move on. But that did not mean that the show had to change completely. Did the writers leave also? Personally, if Bishop and these boring story lines are what we have to look forward to, I am done with this show. Long live the reruns and Blue Bloods.
  • bishop will kill the show ncis

I have NEVER missed an episode. I just watched Bishop screw up another one. I'm done. She has ruined it for me. She is NOT a team player, doesn't listen to Gibbs, talks too fast and mumbles, talks too low (can't hear half of what she says). I will NOT watch another second of the show with her on it. I have talked to about 40 other people who feel EXACTLY as I do. Sorry, but I'm done.
  • Almost gone

If you keep Bishop I will stop watching and I have been a fan from the beginning. The character is boring and the new story line stinks. None of the main characters even act like themselves. Most of my relatives and friends that watch the program have decided to also stop watching. I guess ( from reading reviews since Bishop arrived ) this will probably be their final year. Sorry to see them leave .
  • NCIS

Bishop might be nice but V E R Y B O R I N stick to reruns.
  • Can't get through entire show.

Bishop makes the team boring! I've always loved watching and reruns are the best. These days, reruns are all I can stomach. Please try to find someone else for Ziva's replacement. Col. Mann would be great. Her interaction with the team is so much better than Bishop's.
  • Checkmate

Get rid of Bishop. If I have to see her "scrunched" up face I will scream. her character is coming off like she's smarter than everyone, even Gibbs seems to be stepping aside for her. PR can hype her all they want, it's not working. I would rather have no one, even another man would be better

• NCIS Needs a Facelift

I have been watching NCIS since it spun off from JAG. I loved Caitlin and of course Ziva but this dork they now have hired is not worthy of this program. I would have thought the producers and Mark Harmon would have recognized that a strong female role was needed to carry on the wonderful tradition. However, this moron who sits on the floor to solve the crime like my 2 year old sits on the floor to draw, is an insult to this program. I have stopped watching after giving her a chance but enough is enough. Either rethink this role or just sign off. We're not idiots - we love our NCIS but she is NOT worthy of being on this cast.
  • Doesn't have the pizzazz!!!

We had watched NCIS seems like since the beginning of time. The time frame for NCIS and NCIS LA was set aside every week, but NOT now. We do continue to watch and love NCIS LA but not NCIS. Why? because of the actress who replaced Ziva's spot. Not that we expected another Ziva since Ziva was different in personality and dynamics from the previous actress role of Kate. But, we've come to love and expect some challenges and entertainment from the woman who has that spot as well as a particular type of unique beauty and personality. We understand actors move on to other things but there are so many other women who have appeared in various acting roles on NCIS who would have filled Ziva's spot perfectly, for example some of Gibb's female friends who appeared as military officers. This actress or her role just doesn't fit in with what we have come to expect from the camaraderie of the NCIS actors and performance of the script. I do miss seeing the main actors, Tony, "Magee" and Gibbs, and all the other fine actors and we definitely miss the thrills and comedy of the show but until this actress is replaced and the script picks up the drama we won't be watching.
  • sour grapes

I use to love NCIS. I have watched all of the episodes at lest twice. Reruns are always playing on the television at my house on weekends. But since the new season started I really stopped caring if it is on or not. When Ziva left the soul left the show. I do not like the new team member Bishop. She just does not fit in. That school girl, geeky setting cross legged on the desk stuff just does not do anything for the show. We already have a smart, geeky chick in the show with Abby. I love Abby. What this show needed was another tough kick ass female to balance out Tony and Tim and Gibbs. Instead what we got was this odd school girl mishmash of a character that I have not warmed up to. I know the Ziva character needed to move on and that happens, but them doing a total 190 on characters just didn't work this time. I just think we are seeing the last season of this most awesome show with this blunder. This makes me sad. This new formula does not work for us guys, go back to the drawing board please.
  • It is a joke

Go back to the table with Cote! I haven't liked a show since the new season began!! 1

Getting harder to watch!
  • Bishop was just too much

NCIS has been one of my favorite shows for many years. Didn't like it when they killed off Mike I continued to watch the show. However, with the addition of Bishop I no longer watch the show. She is absolutely intolerable. She is a twit and adds absolutely nothing to the show other than to take screen time away from the remaining cast. Adding her was a very poor decision which I am certain will reflect negatively on the shows ratings. I think it is about time they replaced her with Diane Neal. I thought the groundwork was being set for adding our favorite Coast Guard agent a few episodes ago. Rethink please.
  • Declining rapidly

As a fan of NCIS I am becoming more and more unhappy with the presence of Bishop who does not fit the general themes of NCIS, and the attempt to promote Bishop who is out of place and behaves like a highschool kid is really disturbing. The show is doomed to fail unless Bishop is gotten rid of.
  • Three cheers for NCIS's bright new spark!

Personally I really like Bishop - and frankly I think it would have been a major insult to the audience if they had made her into just a 'replacement Ziva'! People are all totally different & unique in real life, so why would not the same be true in good fiction?

Besides, if a show only ever writes archetypes, rather than characters, and simply hired replacement actors to play the same archetype over and over, with a new actor playing only a slightly different version of the same basic character ever few years, that show would very quickly become tiresome & dull! It would also severely limit the range of stories they could explore. Think about it: if NCIS had gone to all the trouble and time of casting a new actor, but chosen simply to keep the new character fully 'Zivaesque', we could only expect her reactions/behaviour towards every case to be the same as Ziva's - . predictable! And if a show does that, it quickly begins to SUCK donkey balls, becomes cliche and boring... and then it gets cancelled.

To keep a show fresh and enjoyable to watch, you need to shake things up now & then - especially after 11 years - and that means CHANGE, folks!

I like this new Bishop character, particularly that she's a genius & a polymath - I applaud the Network's/Producers' decision to add a polymath to the show; it's an unusual but refreshing choice that gives the audience & the show some credibility! It's nice to see a highly intelligent (and female) character in a supporting role for once; anyone can solve their problems with kicking & guns on TV (as we see all too often), so it's a nice change to see someone using their brain instead. And I'm sure Bishop's defining 'heroine' moment, when she saves Tony from a bomb at the last minute or something, will be coming up real soon, and then everyone will love her & forget they didn't always!

Thanks NCIS, for not just dumbing down the show - and keep the intelligent stories coming!
  • Tony is getting on with age..

Look at Tony.. he is good looking but he is 40++... don't you think he should have a wife and kids somewhere.. playboy act don't suit him anymore... especially when you have seen the Tiva kissing moments... and hear him saying about packing groceries.... he needs a wife, and ziva seem to fit the bill... even if it is long distance... talking about family.. how come not one of ncis team has a decent family or stable relationship... you have killed the director's wife...
  • missing Ziva

I've been watching new season and it's is not bad but it's just not what it used to one can replace Ziva and I really miss her and Tiva moments!! especially since they kissed and all hope she comes back next season because it really sucks without her...
  • Getting used to it

Been watching the new season haven't been too bad, with ziva leaving thought no way can anyone live up to her with all the great story lines she brings. Bishop seems to fit in well but taking long to get used to her, when watching previous seasons makes you realise how much the show misses ziva. Not looking forward to the next episode like normal rather watch ncis la
  • Shallow?

It is great NCIS this season is showing depth to the characters we have come to know and love. For all of you who think Bishop is a loser, I say give it time. Her introduction was great in an action sequence and it is necessary for the success of the show to have Bishop demonstrate some action in the form of gun play, fights, etc. However, for all the fans who think this season is boring and Bishop should go, your thinking is indicative of all that is wrong with America today. Form without substance. Glitter without the metal. Entertainment without depth. Clowns, bang-bang shoot em' up, back slaps. Kids stuff. Grow up.

• kill off bishop PLEASE!

Please get rid of Bishop! She is a dud. Who is writing these weak shows this season? Gibbs is now a doddering old fool the way he treats Bishop--he would have NEVER put files on the floor for anyone before. How come he did for Bishop? And she SITS on the table! How unprofessional and immature! Not sure what Tony's character is doing and McGee acts like he's in a soap opera with his hang-dog face and sappy music. Bting back the cocky Tony and naive but lovable McGee. The show has gotten so bad I don't see how it can last much longer. What in the world happened?! NCIS used to be the best show on TV and I couldn't wait for the next week's show. Not anymore. I'm embarrassed and sickened by Bishop. Oh well, happy that there are still reruns.
  • Sadly losing interest

3.5
    I loved NCIS used to watch it faithfully, not so much anymore and when I do watch it it doesn't keep my full attention. Ziva was one of my favorite characters and now that she's gone I find it hard to watch the show. What makes it harder to watch is Bishop. I don't like her and she doesn't seem to fit in with the rest. I don't like how she's always in her own little world and not apart of the team and Gibbs is lenient with I am losing interest in watching the show, something is missing (Ziva obviously) but something else is missing. Find a better replacement for Ziva if she's never coming back, because Bishop isn't doing it. Better yet, do whatever you can to get Ziva back!
  • Good Grief

Can't believe what my favorite show as come to. I was so bored the with the last couple of episodes. Everything feels off and disjointed. Can't stand Bishop. Can't stand the way Gibbs and the team are made to look like idiots. Seriously they aren't needed if Bishop is so smart and can solve everything. I thought the year with Jamie Lee Curtis was bad but this show is unwatchable right now. Thank goodness for reruns on USA.
  • Bishop is too much to endure.....

There are several discussion lines going regarding this season of NCIS. We had all waited anxiously for the Farewell to Ziva story line but we were double-crossed and received about 10 minutes of Ziva at the end of the second episode. Not at all what was expected.

At the beginning of the season people seemed to accept the new characters each week as we attempted to recover from the loss of Ziva. We were promised there would be no rush to find a new female agent but then discovered that Bishop had been hired as the new permanent replacement before a single episode with her in it aired.

BIG MISTAKE! She is annoying, does not fit in with the team, has made every character seem incredibly stupid and has turned GIBBS into gibbs. There are so many other issues related to the Bishop character they are too numerous to list.

From what I've read on this thread there were only 3 people who had a positive reaction to the Bishop character and I did loose count of the ones who did not like her. What has been said so many times - eliminate the new character, bring the team back together as they were and find a new strong female lead if CDP cannot be brought back.

I too was a viewer from the very beginning and I just cannot bear to watch another episode where the entire team defers to Bishop.

I really enjoy the reruns and will be happy watching those from now on.

GG and TPTB - WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR VIEWERS!

• Bishop

I don't like her. She doesn't fit in. I don't buy into her awkwardness at all. There is no longer any chemistry among the team members. The show has lost it's intrigue. My husband thinks Bishop is a waste of space. Get rid of her. We no longer enjoy watching the show.
  • Bishop....

Absolutely Dislike the new girl, Bishop! NCIS is not the same. Bishop does not fit in with the team. I can honestly say I've lost interest in show.
  • What were the producers thinking????

Don't care for the new agent - specifically how the writers are developing her character. It's incredibly unrealistic that one person can come in and do the job of all of the other agents (it doesn't matter how "brilliant" she's supposed to be. An analogous approach would be what Criminal Minds has done with Dr. Spencer Reid). The rest of the team might as well grab a coffee or join Ziva.
  • NCIS Fans Say it all

Upon reading all the reviews, it seems mostly all say the same. The show is no longer interesting, or captivating. Though Ziva played a great roll, the show still had a chance without her there. As one person wrote, why not just have the 3 musketeers continue without any other female star. Occasionally bringing in one to assist as from another agency rather then sink the ship with the wrong person the play the role. I've not see the show since Ziva left and refuse to even see it from what I've read. I truly hope the ratings go down from lack of viewers so they can get the hint and read the reviews in order to fix there mistake.
  • Up The Ratings!

Come on Guys, Just up the ratings from 8.9 to 9 or more! The Writer's story is so good even though Bishop is boring and replacing Gibbs and his team! Best Show on TV!

. Bishop isn't a good replacement for Ziva.
  • #1 show

How can CBS keep claiming this is the number one show on TV? it was great but now its horrible, it is not even watchable I have taken it out of my playlist.
  • Not liking the Bishop Character

I stopped watching NCIS once Ziva was excited to see that a replacement was found, but I still wasn't ready to watch the new girl. So tonight being bored out of my mind I decided to watch an episode with the new character. I decided I would like her before the show started and then she opened her mouth and I find that her character is rather boring and she seems out of place with the team . I can't put my finger on it but I don't see her as a lasting cast member at least I hope she's not going to be. To be fair I watched 4 more episodes hoping I would like the bishop character and the more I see of her the less I like the new NCIS agent. Don't get me wrong I love the cast of NCIS and it is a great show but the Bishop Character just does'n't fit in with everyone else there's got to be a better fit.
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12