NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews page 8 of 42

• Boring Boring NCIS

Myself and my wife watched the show last night and turned it off before it finished, we could not believe its the same show we have been watching with all the good interaction between the cast, it was very very enjoyable to watch, now BORING BORING just another cop show SHAME on you for doing this to a great show, get zeba back ASAP please, and get rid of her replacement NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • They added a genius and the whole show turned stupid

How did you manage that? I guess everyone else had to be made stupid in order for Bishop to look smart. It doesn't work. She looks like a production assistant who accidentally wandered onto the set while looking for her cheetos. Now you're asking us to believe that tough guy Gibbs would hire this dipshit as an agent. Who's supposed to have Tony and Tim's back in the field? Not her, she can't cross the street without a babysitter.

I feel bad for the writers, who have to invent some implausible function for Bishop every week. They seem to have totally given up on making her connect with the other personalities. This character is a BOMB.
  • If she is supposed to be such a great brain, why won't she shut her mouth?

The weird genius as been done to death for the last ten years. Way to be cutting edge! too bad everyone else did it better. This girl is supposed to be an intellectual, but she seems to have zero interests at all. What is her thing? Math? Chaos theory? Econometrics? Psychology? After 16 episodes I don't have the foggiest idea. All we know is she eats garbage all day long and weighs 100 pounds soaking wet.

If you are going to base her entire character around her brain, don't make it about her mouth. When she's not running her yap about complete nonsense, she's cramming it full of cheetos. She has no intellectual interest in anything. Even her Parsa expertise was shown to be primarily romantic.

On the team, her analysis is next to useless. When the writers do manage to concoct a story that taps her "skill", we aren't shown her thought process. She frowns and scowls and then POOF magic answer. It's not engaging on any level.

When we heard about the character, I was SO looking forward to a sharp brainy woman. Wow, what a complete disappointment. She would have an easier time selling sand to a Bedouin than convincing me she's a genius.
  • RT IF YOU CRY EVERYTIME BISHOP TALKS

So, I've been in school and I just recently had time to sit down and watch Season 11. NCIS is my all time favourite show, and I've seen every episode at least twice.

OH MY GOD. WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SHOW?!?! I couldn't even force myself to watch the episodes in one sitting!! I realize that CDP isn't coming back. I get it, and that's fine. But seriously, this Bishop character has got to go. (Let me step into the shallow pool for just a sec... HER EYEBROWS MAKE ME WANT TO RIP MY EYEBALLS OUT. I mean, did she draw them on with a Sharpie marker?!)

Not only does her acting SUCK, I feel like she drags down the rest of the team! It feels like the rest of the cast aren't even into it anymore. Even the light has gone out of Mark Harmon's eyes :(

The characters don't feel the same. There's no development. I feel bad that everyone is hating on Bishop, but honestly. GG is trying way too hard to make her fit in, and it's clearly not working. There's just no depth to her character!

Plus they're doing another ridiculous spin-off... NCIS: New Orleans... Is that actually a joke? Can GG please focus on his NUMBER ONE SHOW instead of running off to create another damn spin-off?

I'm sorry, CBS... I don't think I'm gonna watch Season 12. It's too depressing. I thought I could stand Bishop, but I really can't. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm bitter about CDP.

It's the fact that she's ruining the show. It's sad really.
  • Created an account just so I could complain about Bishop

She is just terrible. My entire family, fans from the beginning, can't stand her and refuses to watch any more. Please listen to fans and get rid of her. Whatever personal feud happened with Cote de Pablo, please do whatever it takes to fix it. We will be back to the show next fall.
  • Three Musketeers are now Two and a Half

Loyal fan from the start. Rolled with all of the character changes. Bishop is an embarrassment to the show and the franchise. She doesn't sell being a genius OR a federal agent. The show became Take Your Daughter To Work Day. A new ruler has to be invented to include how bad she is as a character. She is bringing down an entire cast of incredible actors.
  • Breath of fresh air? More like a stinky fart in a strong wind

For a character who is supposed to be so fresh and energizing, Bishop is is more like general anesthesia. She comes across as a daft. flaky, rude idiot with poor social skills and no payoff.

If you are going to put a genius on the show, you need to put a lot of effort into crafting how their brain works and allowing the viewers to follow their logic. There are so many shows that have done it well. House, Monk, Bones, The Closer, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Hannibal, Sherlock, just off the top of my head. All of those shows let us in on the genius' thought process.

With Bishop, we got Cheetos. She is seriously the worst conceived "genius" I have ever seen on TV. We gain NO insight into her mental function except her moronic food obsession, stuffing her mouth all day long while staying skinny as a rail, and sitting on floors and desks. That's it. That's her brain. Then she scowls for 30 minutes and magically gets an answer while everyone gapes.

This actress doesn't sell being smart. She is just a stereotype from central casting.

On a personal level, Bishop hasn't the foggiest interest in anybody at all. At first I thought she was poised to make friends with Ducky and Abby, and that would be cool, but as the season went on, there was nothing at all. They were strangers to her. Her interactions with Abby are only put in to prove she's smarter than Abby. She has zero connection with Tony and Tim. They're not a team.

Any other character would have been off the show months ago. There must be some huge egos behind this debacle.

• Bishop makes me want to stick a finger down my throat. I'm done watching.

I can't stand the character Bishop, and the actress who plays her is just plain bad. Plus the actress/character is so very unlikeable. So we have an unlikeable and annoying character, a bad actress with annoying black eyebrows to play her, and no chemistry whatsoever between her and the rest of the cast. So why should I keep watching this show? Goodby NCIS; it was a nice run but I can't watch Bishop any longer.
  • I don't even care anymore ...

I'm from Denmark, and I used to long for the day when the new NCIS episode was online, and now .. now I don't even remember when I last saw an episode. It's not that I want Cote back (offcause I will, but I no it's not gonna happen) but I really don't like Bishop. The fun and chemistry has gone from the show, and that was what made it great. Hopefully the writes will get there heads back on and will find a new person to come on board that has more chemistry with the rest of the cast so we can get the great show back!
  • Bishop has to go

I record NCIS but skip all the shows with Bishop. The character is just plain boring. The teasing, racy humor is gone from the show, the team dynamics are gone. I predict this may be the show's downfall.
  • No Bishop

I'm from portugal, so I only got to see the latest season this week. i hate Bishop. Hate Hate Hate. It brings nothing new when it comes to the team - really, no one like her could be an investigator. Someone would LOL on her face. She's ri-di-cu-lous and does not bring any good contribution to the show. Cut her off. PLEASE!
  • Bishop???

Character doesn't add anything to the show, in fact, it detracts from it. She seems to rule Gibbs and the rest of the cast is in the background. Writers please create a stronger character that is part of the team. This was my favorite show and now I don't care if I miss it.
  • Jaqui PG

Will never watch it again Ziva has gone not disappeared Continuity totally lost

She would have kept in contact with Tony she loved him and McGee was her friend They were all together for years

Plus she would have gone to Gibbs fathers funeral and kept in contact with Gibbs he was her second dad She is now alone (Story line )

Shame on you all bad rubbish writing You have ruined it

No story line No nothing I so loved the programme

Bishop is fine no complaints but they have dumped the show on her very silly for the producers and directors for NCIS it WAS a team and a great programme It is now lost Over and out Jaqui
  • Show sinking like the Titanic!

I used to love this show. At least until CDP left. First of all, her departure, even now seems very suspicious to me. It was quite obvious from her last interview that she didn't want to go. The rest of the cast seemed very surprised. And CBS's behavior torwards Cote and her character since then have been downright childish. Seriously, long dead characters at least get mentioned occasionally and the characters on NCIS are acting like Ziva never existed! Not one mention since CDP left. I find this behavior appalling! It's almost as if CBS has a vendetta against CDP for standing her ground in negotiations (seriously, what is the big deal about wanting a one year contract). Both MH and MW got everything they wanted and CBS got their panties in a knot over the length of her contract!? Then hiring a pathetically bad actress to play an equally bad character and not getting rid of her even after tons of fans saying how much they hate the character. Just who is EW related to!? On most other networks, she would have been long gone. The other characters' behavior was changed to make her fit. Sorry, CBS, but nothing you do is going to make her fit. Frankly, both the actress and the character sucks! And pretending there is no problem when there are numerous complaints on social media and a huge drop in ratings from the premiere and the finale (20.02 down to 16.8 with a big drop in the coveted demo), which has only happened 2 other times-seasons 2 and 7 is just plain stupid. Unless CBS wises up, swallows their pride, and asks CDP to come back and gets rid of EW, NCIS is doomed to end up like the Titanic-sinking into the deep. They also owe a big apology to CDP for treating her like crap and to fans for lying about what happened. Fans aren't stupid and the whole thing just seems fishy. I, for one, will no longer watch unless CDP comes back and EW is gone. CBS has struck out at bat. Strike one- letting Cote go. Strike two-treating Cote and her character as persona non grata. Strike three-hiring an inept actress (EW) to play a ridiculous character that just doesn't fit in and keeping her despite fans hatred of the character. You're out!
  • Wake Me After Bishop Leaves

I can't even...
  • pawn - or any man - take bishop please

her first appearance thought she might fit - smart, but ditzy. that soon ended and she is now either a bith or someone with NO personality at all - she grates on my nerves and am about to quit watching the new episodes and just watcch the reruns on USA!

either change her character DRASTICALLY or transfer her somewhere else permanently - but think its too late for a character change. puke. disappointed because i had high hopes for her after her very first intro whe n she was sitting on the floor surrounded by paperwork and so engrossed she wasnt paying attention to anyone then downhill from there.
  • This show is becoming the Great Depression

My husband and I are 78 years old, him a veteran. We have watched this show since it began and we cannot believe how terrible it has become!

The story arc is horrendous! Bishop is always the hero, Bishop never fails, Bishop, Bishop, Bishop! For the love of God, she is not the only one on the team! What happened to Gibbs? They brought a new silver fox in to stand in his place. Miss the blue-eyed handsome man who wouldn't let a little blonde girl stomp on him.

The whole show was better with Ziva. Ever since she left, it has become the Great Depression! People can't afford to watch the show anymore because it's not worth it. Why waste an hour when there's shows on TV with actual story arcs? Ziva could give the boys on the team a run for their money! My husband would've liked to see her in the army with him!

I do not know where people are getting that she wanted to leave because I purchased the TV Guide article at Walgreens for her departure where she spoke and she said "leaving was not planned"! To me, there seems to be more bitter fans against those who appreciated Ziva and what she brought to the beloved show.

Season twelve will not work out if they keep forcing the blonde on everyone because of CBS and their resentment towards Ziva. Mark better work on Gibbs too! The plastic blow up doll that is now being walked on is not tasteful! Grow a pair, Gibbs!

This show is not the show I once adored.

xMary Rose
  • Would rather shave my eyeballs than watch another minute of bishop...

NCIS used to be my favourite show ever. I always looked forward to getting the DVD packages as a christmas present from my parents and I love all the characters and the writing. But as far as Bishop goes I hate her. It's not about her replacing Ziva. It's about how poorly she is written, and how poorly Emily Wickersham plays her. It's awful! I loved Kate and I loved Ziva aswell but this new character does my head in. I loved kate and ziva because teenage girls need more badass assassin women on TV to look up to and admire. Bishop is just a know it all and I can't stand it along with the childish faces and the 'food association' crap and the sitting on the desk... like what are you. Cote de Pablo may have left the show for her own reasons but still even after Sasha Alexander left for HER own reasons, she was still talked about and not avoided as a topic like Ziva is. Not Even Dinozzo Snr. (Robert Wagner) mentioned her when her came to visit. Why are you still continuing with one actresses storyline and mentioning her name whilst you aren't for someone who was with the show a lot longer?

I miss the old NCIS so much. I miss the banter between McGee and Tony. I miss Gibbs walking into the squadroom at the wrong moment. I MISS THE TIVA. I miss the fun Abby. I miss the inappropriate Palmer. I miss the lovely, adorable Ducky. I miss Ziva messing up sayings. And most of all I just missed my abosolute favourite show. Whilst my life had some ups and downs, my favourite shows, NCIS included, all had things that lit up my life.

I haven't watched an episode since the Episode 250 (Dressed to Kill) and I don't think i will bother buying season 11, if Bishop is comes for Season 12 or any ongoing seasons. I can't stand her. What happened to this show? How does one show get ruined by one actress? Just ask Emily Wickersham. How does one show get ruined by one executive producer? Just ask Gary Glasberg.

AND WHY WAS PARSA AFTER ZIVA? I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

In Summary: I don't expect Cote to return but I would love for her too. Just please get rid of Wickersham. She doesn't fit in and she needs to be dealt with ASAP before anymore ratings drop.
  • The Last Season

I don't expect NCIS to last more than one more season. With the introduction of Bishop, the show has become dull. And, it's not just the character, bu the poor writing and directing. The cast seems to be the walking dead - no life, everyone out of character. The "Ah-Ha" moments are mostly Bishops and the rest are just string into emptiness. I would watch pst episodes over and over, but watching commercials are betting than the current episodes.
  • Needs help

I would rather watch reruns with Ziva in them than watch new episodes with the black eyebrows and blonde bimbo. She might do ok in another show but not this one.
  • Another one bites the dust

RIP NCIS - It was my absolute favourite show until they forced a shallow cardboard cut out character on us who in one episode sucked all the life out of it. The black eyebrows, heavy frown and supposedly quirky habits of Bishop had me reaching for the remote - and a bucket! - change channels folks - this one will die a slow and sad death if they don't do something quickly! As soon as she joined the team everyone else it seemed loved her instantly, she had ALL the answers, she even pulls Gibbs' strings - how dim do they think we are? There's an elephant in the room and its name is Ziva - we are not blind! They should at the very least have allowed us time to say get used to her absence- instead of covering her empty spot with a lifeless flat two dimensional character called Bishop. I loved the show for its genuine quirkiness, humour and humanity - now I no longer watch it because it no longer has those same elements. Take Bishop out and they may recover some of the old magic. OMG Paleeeeese do something!
  • ZIVA BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bishop is not the New Ziva know one can take her place. so when are you going to take Bishop out she doesn't fit in and i stop watching NCIS and I watch the reruns of NCIS with Ziva in it. Please take Bishop out Please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I want Ziva Back.
  • Awkward, awkward, awkward!

NCIS has had flavor in the mix until this dreadful season. Please, please, please define a personality for Bishop as it is not fun to watch the black eyebrows and withering bleached hair as a prop. I need some substance to define bishop's character. This is not at all acceptable for the devoted NCIS watchers. . My mother told me to write that she was "damm mad".

• ncis - find someone else

Don't like the new girl. Tried to watch a few times after cody left. She brings nothing to the need a kick-ass female.. I haven't watched it since.
  • Bishop kills the show...

Why investigate when there is a Miracle Child who knows everything? The rest of the team just sitting there waiting for Bishop to tell them where to go and who to saving old reruns to watch on Tuesdays and not interested in new sad....
  • Love this show

I really love this tv series and i would love to see more seasons
  • Bishop BOMBS BIG TIME

Ok,Ziva is not coming back and I hate that,but enough is enough Bishop has no personality what so ever,and where is Gibbs and everyone else's personality didn't the writers use Abby from the coast guard,she is a strong female character and her and the team were terrific together in the episodes she was DON'T HAVE BISHOP have every episode of NCIS on DVD,but will not be watching or purchasing any Harmon if you have any plans to continue on NCIS and any pull at all on this show Please don't let Bishop return or I'm afraid there won't be another NCIS get rid of Bishop.
  • Stopped Watching

I was once a fan to NCIS but this season turned me off. I don't know who hired the actress who's playing Bishop but a cut out copy of Ziva is more lifelike than her. Plus the brotherly banter of Tony and McGee is gone. For the first time I believe that NCIS is in danger of ending unless a major shakeup is done.
  • Season 10 was NCIS's high point

I love the show, and I understand where everyone else is coming from on their viewpoint of Bishop, but I rather enjoy seeing her learn and grow on the show. I look forward to watching it on Tuesday more than anything in the week still, but the thrill factor that was there in season 10 just isn't there anymore. In my opinion season 10 was the best BY FAR. My second favorite is season 5. I feel that over the summer, the writers will have more time to think about everything, and hopefully be able to please a few more fans, because as of now, NCIS's future beyond season 12 is uncertain if the ratings drop anymore. They're still high, but they have gone down in recent months. I will watch the show no matter what happens, and I still love it currently, but I feel as if they can do better. However, the last couple episodes of the season were pretty great.

Now to clear up a few things:

Gary Glasberg didn't create LA, that was Shane Brennan, and he left when LA was created to focus on that. Now everyone is saying GG ruined the show when he arrived, but that was at the end of 2009, and since then some of the best NCIS stories have been told. Like I said, season 10 was amazing, and from what I've heard, pretty much everyone loved the Ziva arc that came out last season. Guess what, GG made those episodes. In fact, they were his direct idea!!

Now to talk about Ziva's departure. I think that when she left it took a huge blow to the show, but I think it may be able to recover if the writers return to what NCIS was. I think they are already beginning that process, because the end of season 11 was very well written in my opinion. She left because of personal reasons. CBS offered her tons of money and she turned it down. I don't know where people are getting it saying that she left because CBS wasn't willing to pay her. No article I've read ever said that. It was her choice, CBS couldn't have changed her mind with a ton of money. I miss her character greatly on the show and her dynamic was fantastic, but Bishop's character could surprise us next season after the writers have had an entire summer to recoup from this years struggle.

The other reason that NCIS wasn't as good this season was because GG and the writing team had most of the season laid out and some scrips written when Cote decided to leave. They then had to rewrite and replan the season from there. When you start behind, you usually stay behind. That's why I think that the writing may not have been as strong.

I have strong hopes that season 12 will be better, but personally, I still loved season 11. I hope to watch some great content from our beloved series this fall. Hopefully, we can all enjoy NCIS again :)
  • Good...

A good show with many of the characteristics of some of the better 1970's crime shows. That is to say there is good acting and good plots but it follows a trend of recent shows that revolve around the legal intersection of Police and Military Police... That is not a very big intersection point. Anyway, I would rather watch it than The Price Is Right....
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12