NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 Returning September 23, 2014

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews page 9 of 36

• RIP Ziva, RIP Kate. Show going downhill.

I've been a huge fan of NCIS, watching since its pilot episode on JAG but now it seems I can't be bothered to watch anymore after Cote left the show. Writing has been minimal to say the least, and now that one of my favorite characters is gone as well it really killed the mood entirely to still watch. Maybe when I'm bored I'll watch an episode again, but I really can't enjoy the show like I used to, even with Gibbs still in it.

I hope Cote will somehow decide to come back in the future and then the show can maybe up its game again.
  • Ellen is no Ziva--and no Kate

Seriously? This Ellen character. Not working. This show has been successful because of good writing and a great cast of different characters. Tim is the smart guy and Abbey is the quirky one. what Ellen adds I cannot see. Losing Ziva was HUGE. Not sure how to get past that--especially because no one even mentions her and Tony seems to have gotten over his "great Bringing Ziva back is probably everyone's first choice. If that can't happen, then find a strong interesting character who is worthy of the role. The blonde sitting on the floor like a kid is not it.
  • do I start?

The Gibbs we all know (or knew) and loved wouldn't put up with 5 minutes of this chicks crap! She sits back at her computer working on something. When Gibbs asked what she was working on, she said, "I'll fill you in when I have more information". Then Tony and Tim "jump to" and tell every thing they have so far.

She is the new to the team, and yet not at all a part of anybody's team. She has her own game going over there in the corner. Has anybody yet even heard her referred to as "proby"?

From the number one show on TV to this? It won't be number one long now if the writing dosen't improve soon!
  • Harmon and the team deserve better

I have watched every episode of NCIS many times over (thanks to USA) and love, love, love Gibbs but also love the show and the actors because everything clicks. All the actors are well cast and play their parts perfectly. The plots are believable. Then along come new writers (???) and for the entire season, the actors don't seem to have their hearts in the show any more. There is no spirit and spunk. As if the writing isn't bad enough, they throw in this new actress to replace Ziva and everything bombs. I'll watch anything with Mark Harmon in it but feel sorry for him and the other professionals on the show because it's NOT the same quality show it used to be. This new girl unrealistically makes everybody else look stupid. Give her a show of her own but get her off NCIS!! Also, enough with ex-wife #2. She's annoying. Her fast talking shrill voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard! And no more precocious 13 year old kids who show up at somebody's house while her parents think she's at the mall. Does she take a cab? She isn't old enough to drive. Come on. Sober up the worthless writers and give these great actors some respect and give us fans our quality entertainment again!!!!! Also, where the heck is Director Vance? Haven't seen him this season. The rating I'm giving is for the old shows. Oh, I also do not like the new SECNAV. We know why these writers wrote her in but it's stupid in so many ways. Please don't mess around and fail these great actors! They deserve better!
  • Writer team should do their homework

Lately I watched an episode where Tony asks Ziva to explain the name Shmil to him. Ziva said it derived from the name Ishmael (God will listen) which is absolutely ridiculous, No Jew in his right mind will name his kid Ishmael a perfectly good Arabic name. However Shmil( God listens) is the Yiddish nick name for the name Shmuel. Maybe the writers of this great show should consult an Israeli before they film their episodes. I still thing NCIS is the greatest.
  • Get New Writers or a New Director

NCIS seems to have lost its edge. Since Ziva's departure, the show could be described as NCIS-lite. The scripts are all over the place. The plots just barely hang together. And, although it might not be fashionable for characters to speak correctly, is it really necessary to have the dialog make the characters seem illiterate? If your character is poorly educated, it makes sense. But these writers write the same illiterate dialog for everyone. The most basic middle school grammar teaches that it is wrong to say --there's 3 ways to --- . You don't say there IS 3 ways to do this; you say there ARE 3 ways to do this. And Gibbs' last line in the Alibis episode -- you and ME have a lot in common is laughably. ignorant. It is a sorry business when writers don't know how to write. The writers aren't giving the actors any decent scripts/plots with which to work. As I understand it, Cote's contract was up for renewal in February. Therefore, they had plenty of time to get ready for her departure. The transition from Kate to Ziva was handled wonderfully. We were shocked and unhappy about losing Kate but adding Ziva was done so well that we got on board quickly. Please get some decent writers soon. If the show doesn't improve in the next few episodes, I won't waste my time any longer. Do you really want the show to go off the air? If not, better make some changes soon.
  • Devils Triad - Laughed my butt off, LOVED Bishop AND was intrigued !

Not sure you could ask for more of a positive response.

Bishop is capable (not bad on the eyes) and is willing to be human.

Something I am sorry, but Ziva just never aspired to...

Her smarts are FANTASTIC yet she recognizes she studies the autopsy guide over the weekend !! ??

Don't get me wrong, I loved Ziva but Bishop is a three dimensional character, where Ziva BARELY more than one...

Where did Bishop cross Jethro ???

I saw him trusting her to make her own moves.

He knew full well she would come to the "right" answer even it wasn't correct - that has Gibbs all over it !

And yeah a thirteen year old shouldn't be getting around DC on her own.

But this is the apple made from Fornel and Gibbs' Ex (and Gibbs' "niece") - she AIN'T a normal thirteen year old !

I am just so damn glad we didn't have to see that SECNAV business model again.

Yes she is a redhead - but she AIN'T Jethro's type just because she is a ginger...

That cheesy animation and her smarmy speech opening the last show almost shut me down.

I work for a defense contractor - we have MUCH better animations.

And I certainly don't need the SECNAV pushing my product to a bunch of other contractors.

That was the lamest opening in eleven seasons...

PLEASE bring in a new SECNAV - PLEASE !!!

• Oh Please...............

3.5
    Just watched my DVD of Devils Triad. Felt like I'd fallen into a bad Christopher Spark's book/movie. If the producers felt this sort of schmaltzy clap trap was necessary - might as well pull the plug.
  • Get rid of Emily

Maybe you shouldn't be trying to replace Ziva so fast. Let the team be Gibbs, DiNozzo and McGee for awhile. This new character is awful!!! Try out different people in consulting roles for the team until someone clicks. Maybe Jimmy Palmer could have more to do. Anything but Emily Bishop.
  • A great show, going down the drain

This week's episode would have been great. The scenes with Fornell and his/Gibbs' ex-wife were really entertaining, and they have to go and spoil everything by Ellie Bishop making Gibbs look like an idiot, yet again. I understand that the producers had to introduce a character so lovable and smart to fill in the void left by Ziva's departure. But instead of being a humble "probie", Bishop;s character is a know-it-all who is teaching the team how to conduct interrogations and how to capture suspects. Gibbs, Tony, McGee and Fornell look like idiots letting her run the show. The old Gibbs would never let one of his new agents embarrass him like this in front of his team, and Tony is so awed by her he has forgotten to make a pass at her! The producers' plan to make the fans love Ellie Bishop has backfired. She is annoying and doesn't fit in. They should let this character go before they have serious rating problems.
  • We're all useful idiots now

I always liked action dramas but they had become so bad and in such poor taste that I stopped watching prime time tv several years ago. But then I discovered that Donald Belisario had produced a show. When I was young his show Magnum PI was fun and cleverly written with some clever characters. I thought I would give NCIS a try! So I watched it on USA which plays old episodes. Wow! Finally a show with wit and clever plots that, even though it is politically correct, is at least watchable and enjoyable. Great characters too.

So here I was happy to find a show I could finally watch without vomiting. And now in this season it has become unrecognizable. Even before the new child prodigy was introduced the episodes were flat. But with the coming of the most unbelievable character I have ever seen, a little girl who learns more about autopsy over the weekend then Ducky and Jimmy, a little girl who renders Tony, McGee and Gibbs useless and who knows what it just ruins the show altogether. It is sad but how dumbed down do they think everyone is? Pretty dumb I guess.

Can anyone here tell me if there is a show that has what NCIS used to have?

• Gibbs Dumbed Down

Up until yesterday we would have expected anyone on the team, AND ESPECIALLY GIBBS, to "sit on" the suspect's car until he returned and to follow his movements once he returned. But now, Gibbs has to rely the new kid for that insight????

Other than that, "Devil's Triad" was an average NCIS-comedy episode. Normally I would rate NCIS episodes 7 or better. Last night's episode gets a generous 4.
  • Send her back to NSA

I have watched this show from the beginning and I DO NOT like the new girl. Don't know her name and will not learn it. Gibbs would have ripped any of the real team for the crap she pulled. I do not find her endearing at all. This show was surely just filler. The writers needed a night off or something. Please get a investigator and replace her
  • Now Ii just want to barf

What has happened to NCIS? I have been a devoted fan for 10 yrs and this new replacement for Ziva has sickened me. One of the best qualities about NCIS is its writing and the "group" relationship. I can truly say that if the next show is as pitiful as this last show with the little princess with the duh expression on her face, I will be forced to change channels. Please get rid of the new girl and get back to writing quality material. Please, please, please get back to the quality shows of the past - get rid of the new girl. Get a strong "new girl" that has military experience, that is an equal. I could always depend on NCIS to give me a "quality hour". Now I just want to barf!!!
  • What has happened??

'Gibbs' is now a comic figure, when would he ever throw himself down on a couch, com'on. and the new 'girl',. when she goes into one of her trances she looks like she is spinning around and going to come out dressed like Wonder Woman - for those of you who remember. I'm a long time viewer and maybe its time for the show to go out with some dignity if the writers can't do any better. YOU JUMPED THE SHARK!!
  • no sorority sister allowed to diss GIBBSIE

As a long time viewer I have loved many episodes and not liked a whole lot a few that stretched credulity

Last nights show was NOT NCIS

beyond any ANY credulity

a Sat morn kids show promoting young bionde women over the proven staff

My family is full of blonde women who dont dis their elders

that kid with the messy hair that needs washing/trimming and the xtensions removed and an ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT ala John CENA

does not fit NCIS or with the current highly successful characters

how can she turn off her BOSS at a whim and pursue an agenda she is getting from her tinfoil hat ?

I will not watch a sorority girl diss Gibbs and the other team members

There are options to this new show

there never were in the past

my stomach lurched at Gibbs twinkling at the disrespectful kid

If Gibbs is now a submissive to a kid with long blonde hair I am GONE

no Gibbs no me.

fix it or I am GONE after all these wonderful years.

• It was one of my favorite series

The blond "Bones" doesn't fit in the NCIS series. The writers are making Gibbs look like an idiot. Not sure where the writers are going with the series, but I don't like the direction. I was just as happy without a new permanent character. However, I do like the humor.
  • NOT THE ONE

No - NO - NO. The dumb blond cannot act. Even when the script gives her an opportunity... she doesn't know her craft. She just recites script lines.
  • missing the mark

5.5
    CBS you blew it. There aren't many shows that are actually worth watching but NCIS was the one. I love the cast but it isn't the same without Ziva. If the post on here are right, you treated her different than the rest of the crew, and that's just wrong. If I were her and when you beg her to come back I would really make you pay through the nose. Lose the new tells the Gibbs I love what to do. She just doesn't make it.
  • Used to be good, but now sorely lacking!

I used to like this show. But the writing started to decline a few months into GG becoming the producer. Then CBS decided to play hardball with CDP's contract regarding the length (requiring a 3 year contract when everyone else on the show has contracts 2 years or less) so she left. Then, even though GG said they wouldn't replace the character of Ziva, they went and replaced a good actress with a great character with a so so actress with a horrid character! Wrong move, CBS. Get rid of Barbie and bring back the ninja and I'll watch NCIS again. Otherwise, you'd have lost this viewer forever!
  • Ziva Who??

We have watched NCIS from the beginning. We love that NCIS is going back to great plots and using all the characters. Love the new character Ellie Bishop. She is smart, quirkie, and adorable. Can take a guy down too! She will be a good addition. Core characters are Gibbs, Tony and McGee. Ziva became the central character and it was all about romance between her and Tony. NCIS is NCIS again. Thank you! Love it!
  • Ziva's time away from home ...

Would you please bring her back! There doesn't seem to be a Tony without a Ziva. It is not as exciting!
  • CBS playing harda$$ with Cote's contract???

Get real people sometimes actors and actress's think their worth more than they are. And was it really a question of money? Mark Harmon only signed a 1 year contract last year and Ducky (David Mcaullum (sic) ) only signed a 2 year contract the season he had the heart attack, which will be up the same time as Mark Harmon's. Jimmy Palmer is no where to be seen except short walk ins. Along with less and less of Abby. She's in her late 20's acting like a teenager which I find disquieting. I think we might see the 12th season as the last.
  • mark Harmon

I would like to meet Mark Harmon in person him and his cast are terrific in my book but when diva left it did hurt because I liked everyone and I still do but I like Mark Harmon the best.
  • Going downhill fast!

I actually used to like NCIS. But frankly, it started going downhill shortly after GG took over (the 1st half of season 7 was good, but my interest started waning after that). The show seemed to get dumbed down, unlikable characters keep getting shoved down our throats, the storylines have been stupid and unbelievable, etc. The only reason I was still watching was because I liked the character of Ziva so much. But then TPTB had to play harda$$ when it came to the length of Cote's contract so she left (even though it was obvious she didn't want to). I tried to continue to watch, even though my favorite character was gone, but I honestly can't anymore. Especially after the most recent boneheaded mistakes TPTB have committed. First they have the characters act as if Ziva never existed. Then, they make a new actress a regular without seeing if the fans would even like her (I tried, I can't-she is annoying and just doesn't fit in). Just what in the world were they thinking!? I have been watching since season 3 and will be watching no longer. The only way that would change is if they got rid of Emily what's her face and got Cote back. CBS, you blew it big time!
  • Gut Check

1.5
    so far the episodes seem incomplete. the only decent one was when the gal fro the Coast Guard was on. I used to make it a point to be home to watch NCIS now I could care less. I still like the characters but it's lost something since Ziva left
  • give her a chance

I liked this episode, the new girl is funny and smart, she brings a new dynamic to the show. things change in life, give her a chance.
  • Lost the Touch

You really have taken NCIS down the tubes. You have Mark Harmon as being stupid while the new women walk in and take over and run the show. There is no more Ducky, Palmer, and even Abbey is not seen to much anymore. It was more realistic before and I think you better return it back to the show it used to be.
  • so long NCIS

40 minutes enough for me NCIS is on the way out. CBS you have missed the boat with the replacement for Long NCIS...............................................
  • Loved it till now, lost all its pizzaz

Sorry to say that the show has lost all its spit and fire now with Cote gone. Ziva brought so much to the show, now it is floundering and I can't get into it anymore. Guess it will be reruns for me from now on. Please bring Cote back!
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13