NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews (1145)

• This show has incredible characters (I mean it) and comic book story lines.

0.1
    I can't stand it. Ducky? Jethro? The goth chick? The show goes so far out of its way to impress with eclectic characters that it forgets to put some believable story lines and good actors in it. It's hard to watch and thanks to shallow tv like that, I can save electricity and turn off the television. What is wrong with you people who like it?
  • The many displays of unprofessionalism by Mark Harmon's character is far from complimenting the producers (Bellisario). This could be a good show, but instead is a disgrace to previous productions, such as JAG, which was exceptionally done.

0.2
    This show is poorly done! I think someone needs to go back to the drawing board and determine what "professionalism" looks like. Believe me, it is not portrayed here. A person, such as portrayed by Mark Harmon, in the position he holds, should not be slapping fellow workers or making snide remarks to them either. He is crude, rude and a disgrace to the position. Let's clean this up!
  • All I want for Xmas is to see Ziva

Just watched S12 E10 and I think McGee's dad probably committed suicide after reading his sons letter.

How boring can a TV show possibly be.

Beg Ziva to come back and get the scripts back to their previous high standards.

What's the point on creating further episodes of this dross.
  • Story line

i have watched NCIS from the very first episode, when Kate left thought thats it , but cote brought to NCIS the mystery and great interaction with the other cast members great fit. When she left enjoyed the episodes where they were trying to find a replacement they were well written and funny. The. They hired this actress wickersham and the story lines went down hill, the interaction is not there, she frowns all the time and her delivery of lines is left to be desired. And then to find that this tuesday is the finale WTF how many episodes did they do 6??? I am so glad that they have the reruns on "E" tvand LMT at least we do not have to put up with wickersham. So to the producers and writers in your off time figure out how you can fix NCIS.9.5

• Thanks to bishop

Decided not to watch ncis any longer, theres no sense of watching series that makes me angry. Used to love it though. But the director or whoever that has the power in this series had chosen bishop who ruin everything and left me no other options.
  • goodbye wickersham

when I tune in to NCIS and I see the "wick" I tune out. I can't stand even looking at the vacant actress. she's nowhere and can't seem to act. she's miscast and should be replaced. JUST GET RID OF HER.
  • GET RID OF BISHOP

NCIS used to be my favorite show. Since Bishop came on, it's like watching paint dry. I can't even watch the show because of her. She is a terrible actress and it appears to be clear that she is hurting the ratings!
  • Please stop the torture

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
  • NCIS after S10

I dont like, how NCIS turnt out to be the last few Month - once i couldnt hardly wait to see the newest ep very week and now im not watching it at all anymore. I just cant handle Bishop, i dont think she fits the Team nor fits into NCIS.

If they would replace her with a good fit (it doesnt have to be Ziva, just a good fit!) that would be awsome.
  • Do not like the young blonde girl

My family has loved this show for a decade. The new girl is just not good. We saw this week that Gibbs is trying to fix her, but it won't work. She is too small, weak, silly, and not very smart. She can't be an NCIS agent. Gibbs has very high standards, he would never accept this weak little girl. We just don't want to watch the show any more.

We want Ziva back. She was so good.
  • Too Bishop everyone else now 1 dimensional

Since the show brought in the Bishop character the shows have revolved around Bishop, a character with nothing to admire, and all the other characters have become one dimensional.

We used to see the Tony character and Tim character growing, the Gibbs character was shown as a good boss, teacher and father figure [ a boss many of us would like to have had], the Ducky character as a profiler and grandfather figure, the Abby character as a strong, smart female, the Jimmy character as a young man growing into a strong character and growing into his job and finally the Director character Leon as a man who had issues and must come to terms with a great loss and find a way to go on.

What do we now have - Leon is missing - on this show. Gibbs is wishy-washy and not the leader/teacher he was, Ducky is just a Medical Examiner, Jimmy is just some wimp who talks about baby crap, Tony is either mooning over Ziva or womanizing, or wimpy, Tim iis in a long distance relationship with a "disabled" character, Abby has sort of remained the same - still smart and strong but not quite relating to others on the same level.

All this from the introduction of a character that seems semi-autistic, and overly brainy in the most annoying way possible. Bishop is a character that I would dislike working with - perhaps that is part of the problem for me.
  • no ziva no watch

this programme used to be the best thing on tv. since ziva left and has been replaced by a inactive glove puppet, it has failed to new woman agent is rubbish.
  • Boring, waste of time!

When they had the Tony-Ziva storyline, the show was interesting; so much that I could overlook the absurd narcissism of Harmon's character, even chocking back blatant hypocrisy of snarky lectures when others had suffered losses and ventured to take the law into their own hands----something "Gibbs" did with impunity after the death of his wife. The sickening continuance of the show pandering government compliance and characterizing anyone who doesn't go along as a potential "risk" or "terrorist" is equally absurd. The show is so out of touch with reality, only the elderly or incredibly young can possibly make up the shows audience. It is dumbed-down, escapist pseudo entertainment, right along with Honey Boo Boo, the Kartrashians, and the other insipid dramas the networks offer. It genuinely gives credence to the television being an "idiot
  • Sad State of Affairs

I have tried my hardest to remain neutral about the show since Cote's departure (I love her by the way), but I can't do it anymore. After most recent episode I feel angry, and sad. First of all I don't quite understand the need for Bishop's character, she brings nothing to the show. I get as a Cote fan it doesn't matter who they had put in there it wouldn't be good enough for us because we want Ziva plain and simple. But seriously someone who doesn't have enough tact to not sit on everyones' desk or barge in while Gibbs is interrogating. Wasn't the unspoken rule you don't interrupt his interviews/interrogations? What was the purpose of trying to kick in the door when you have a key card? Are the writers making her that dumb on purpose after having such a strong female before? I miss the team chemistry. I miss the cohesiveness of the storylines, I miss looking forward to watching this show, because now most of the time I could care less if I miss it.
  • the blonde bimbo that wrecked season 11 of ncis

we just bought ncis ,looking forward to sitting back and watching a few hours of a great show,got through the first few disc,s and then the blonde bimbo opened it,s mouth,well that was it watched 1 more disc and then turned it of and put it up for auction on ebay,,nerver before have i seen a show go from really good to complete crap so fast if season 12 ever comes out i will wait before i pre order it again if it was,nt for the first 2 disc,s it would,nt get a rateing,i hope the bimbo feels great about stuffing something GREAT,i guess that till the money from sales of ncis stop comeing in,that we will have to keep raging the bimbo,i thought that the customer [ or in this case the viewer] is always right,so maybe it going to take people changeing the channel to watch something else,i have and from what i hear season 12 aint any better,really how about getting a chimp added to the show,its has already begun to look like a circus might as well go all the way, i think i have found the perfect role for the ditzy bimbo, a ZOMBIE on walking dead,aT LEAST THERE IT WONT HAVE TO TALK JUST STAGER AROUND LIKE A DRUNK,,,SHOULD,NT HAVE TO CHANGE HER LOOKS TO MUCH,JUST DREES UP IN SOME RAGS AND BADA BING ZOMBIE THAT WAY SHE CAR,NT WRECK ANOTHER GREAT SHOW
  • Where did NCIS go?

I have been so disappointed with NCIS shows since Bishop was brought in. It is not just about her, it is about everything, the writing, the plots, the characters are so weak it is hard to watch. I am an NCIS fanatic and it pains me to see this show go so far down hill in such a short amount of time. I just finished watching a repeat that I recorded "Damned if you do" and it is so fantastic. The writing, the plot, the characters, the suspense, the background music - INCREDIBLE. What happened. did you dumb down the show to accommodate Bishop, because ever since she entered the picture the show has been ridiculous, ever character has been reduced to second rate. PLEASE GET RID OF BISHOP AND BRING BACK THE SHOWS OF THE PAST. PLEASE. I don't think I can sit through another BORING show. Last week Borin added a little more interest, but it still is BORING.
  • Ellie is not Ziva!

Unfortunately we will probably have to live without Ziva in the show. Every actor has his/her carreer to follow and decisions to make. Many of us mourn Ziva's leaving. BUT> Ellie Bishop is absolutely not an interesting charachter in the team. The first few episodes looked promising, she playing a little genius performing helpful tricks, but with the time, she became a faint shadow. Of course, a second McGeek is not needed, so she has to fill in another special role, that she has not until now. Before she appeared, there was an episode with Jackie Geary playing Susan Polygraph Grady, and for some moments I thought: "This can become funny". But no, she left for another NCIS-Office. I am quite sure she could be better fit to the team than Bishop... What do you think?
  • Checkmate

Get rid of Bishop. If I have to see her "scrunched" up face I will scream. her character is coming off like she's smarter than everyone, even Gibbs seems to be stepping aside for her. PR can hype her all they want, it's not working. I would rather have no one, even another man would be better

• Bishop is as dry as stale biscuits

Get her off before I stop watching this show permanently! Watching reruns are better than watching this lame character.
  • They should have stopped NCIS

at the end of Season 10. Now they give us a girl sitting on the floor and can't fire a gun, a terrible love interest, and have altered many of the main characters.
  • Please drop Bishop

Bishop just does not fit in on NCIS. Even a good husband character can't help her. She can't act even if the character was good, which it is not. I can't stand to watch her on the program, so I don't.
  • mourning for the old ncis

do whatever it takes, whatever it costs - GET ZIVA BACK or just show the old reruns. those are the only shows we watch now. thank goodness for the USA channel airing the old programs where the characters had personality and there was chemistry between them. what a shame that's all gone now.
  • All Dried Up

NCIS had a good thing but even before Ziva left, it was starting to dry up. The main problem I have with the show is that they have always concentrated too much on the same three characters. Tony, Ziva and Gibbs. When Ziva left, it left too big of a gaping hole in the character development. The story lines were too often weak. And the characters (middle aged) were too silly - Tony and Abby.

Gibbs barely did anything except grunt. Jimmy and McGee were under used. So when Ziva left, there was no reason to continue.
  • One HATES lies!

NCIS, as the commenter says, is "WATCHED BY THE WORLD"

NO IT ISNT! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

LYING about something is NOT clever.
  • The writers don't like her, either

The role of Ellie on NCIS (Emily Wickersham) is forced, amateurish, and a little ridiculous. The character is supposed to be a married woman, but acts like a 15-year-old (a little on the dumb blonde side(but then surprise! she comes up with a "really smart" quip), sitting on the floor cross-legged all the time). The character needs to get a new job elsewhere and either bring in someone who fits or leave it alone with the 3 guys. With all the other characters in and out of episodes, the 3 guys alone would be more than okay. I don't look forward to watching my very favorite show anymore.
  • What a pain

NCIS had been the perfect mixture of realistic police work + Hollywood action, seriousness + fun, crime stories/drama + everyday life. The relationships between the extraordinary characters and the development each character had taken had been unique. I'd enjoyed it - until that girl turned up ...

I'm not a Ziva fanatic (although I liked her, not always, but most of the time), and I accepted that Cote de Pablo had to do what she had to do, but I was a bit disappointed by the way she was written out of the series. At least for the remaining character - Tony - the writers should have come up with a different story. So he was simply left behind and couldn't be anything else but depressed and heartbroken. That was a bad choice.

I was open for something / someone new, although I was sceptic that someone else would suit the team, especially not another woman because it was clear that it would be difficult to fill de Pablo's shoes. I liked the five episodes between Ziva's departure and Ellie's introduction. Just the three men (working and dealing with different persons at each case) would have worked perfectly for me for the rest of the season. I didn't need a fourth member at all, especially not a female member. They could have brought in women from the outside like Agent Borin or Vera Strickland. That was fine because each of them added something different. But I was ready to give the new girl a chance.

And then ... Wow! It's not a positive "wow", it's a "who on earth had that awful idea?"-wow, a "who casted her and why did they think that actress would suit the rest of the cast?"-wow, a "what a stupid, poorly written character"-wow. It's nothing against the actress. She probably is a nice girl. But ... A scene in 11/9, the first episode with her, told you everything you needed to know: Small, young, blonde girl next to the three big, experienced men, a unit that can communicate with each other without saying a word. - She will never suit them, she will always look ridiculous next to them. That's not the bad of the actress but why choosing someone like her? To "refresh" the cast? But when the whole main cast is 40+ someone who looks like a teenage girl doesn't suit. It just makes the main cast look even older and the young like an alien. (By the way - I don't mind it at all that the cast is "old". Getting older just had made them better!)

The Mossad-storyline never was realistic, but the great cast was able to make it work. Maybe you didn't buy it completely, but it was enjoyable. Bishop is supposed to be an ordinary analyst, but I'm not buying it. Analysts and profiler don't work alone, sitting on the floor with lots of paper around them, thinking, and then coming up with an amazing result. It's not even quirky or funny, it's just stupid. Counting in school, college, training, working practise and then SIX YEARS of chasing Parsa, she must be 32 at least. Really? She looks and behaves like a 12-year-old. And she really met Parsa in the Middle East? I'm not even buying she has ever been to Europe, speaks a foreign language (has ever left college). And how did she identify him? Sitting as a lotus flower in the desert, the computer on her lap, and he came by, and she thought, "Well, he's going to be a terrorist"??? Oh, come on!

Now she is turned into a field agent. Really? She is not even able to hold a gun. When I saw it the first time I was hoping she would shoot herself. At least, it wouldn't have surprised me at all. No authority would let her do field work. The old Gibbs would have never ever accepted her in the team. Not even as a so-called analyst because they don't need any. I mean - they have Gibbs' famous gut, haven't they?

But the worst thing is that the show suddenly centres her. Abby, Ducky, Palmer, and Vance are cut short to unimportant side-kicks, Gibbs, Tony and McGee are standing around waiting for her to do something, to solve the case, although she has not a clue about criminal investigations. WTF??? I've read reviews saying, that it had been the same with Ziva, but that's simply not true. Gibbs has always been the strong leader, the team worked as a team, and Ziva was just a part of the team. Never before the entire cast had stepped back in that extreme way to give a new character room to show how clever s/he is.

And why is everyone so polite and nice? Once it was a joke when Gibbs said "pleeeeaaase". Every new character had to fight her/his way into the team. There were arguments, tensions - and it was good! And now Gibbs tells her she did a great job? When? What did I miss? Why on earth he should want her in his team? Because of what? She disobeys orders, she isn't a team player - just one season ago it would have driven Gibbs nuts. And now he invites her being part of the team???

Where has the team work gone? The chemistry? The dynamic? The ability to switch from being serious to being funny in a second? Ducky's stories? Gibbs' alpha-man-action? The boat? Tony's pointed remarks? The REAL men's-restroom-conversations? (Oh, come on, did you really have to do that?) Weird team meetings in Abby's lab? (... to be continued endlessly) THAT's why I loved this show! I loved the characters, the dynamic, the mixture of genres from drama to comedy. I'm NOT watching NCIS to see a girl sitting on the floor. Maybe if SHE was a sidekick. Maybe if she was funny - at least a little bit. But she simply isn't. She isn't clever, she isn't funny, she has no ability any other character wouldn't have. She doesn't ADD anything. She is like waterproof material, everything rolls off on her. She is stiff like a board with just three different facial expressions. She doesn't interact with any of the other characters. HER men's-restroom-conversation with Tony was characteristic for the whole figure "Ellie Bishop" - pointless.

PS. Please, excuse possible syntax and other mistakes. I'm not a native speaker, and my reading/understanding skills are much better than my writing skills. ;)

_____________

Update after surviving ten episodes with Bishop - I've to correct the thing with "it has nothing to do with the actress". It has nothing to do with the PERSON Emily Wickersham, but she is one of the most untalented actresses I've ever seen! Please, free us from her, she's unbearable!

_________

Update after being finally through season 11 and reading a lot of reviews. I noticed three things. 1) The Ziva-effect. There are a lot of people who keep telling you that you don't like Bishop and the show anymore because of Ziva's departure. To make that clear: THIS IS NOT ABOUT ZIVA. I even agree with some people saying, that the Tiva-storyline and the Mossad-stuff got a bit stale. I would have been fine with someone new, and / or a different style. So - this is all about Bishop and the awful way she's changing the team chemistry. There were a dozen of actresses in this season who would have been a better fit!

2) The storylines got worse from about season 7 onwards when Glasberg took over but they had never been so bad than in season 11. Maybe it's time to not only get rid of Bishop but also of Glasberg and some of the writers!

3) "Stop watching when you don't like it anymore"! - When you came a long way with a series like this - and ten years is a very long time -, then it is easier said than done. The characters have grown on you. They are like remote relatives. You want to know what will happen to them. But with that girl and the storylines getting worse and worse I'm ambivalent about watching season 12.
  • The fake blond bimbo

I just can't understand why the new fake blond is still on my ex-favorite show!!!

I've never seen worst written character and worst actress!!

Season 12 will flop just like season 11 because of her! Get rid of her or send her far far away!

It's not the show I used to love so much!
  • Is the bimbo still there?

New girl is a flop. She's been on the show at least 10 episodes longer than she deserved. Please put her and all of us out of our collective misery. We are begging you.
  • The series has gotten worse much worse, and the characters boring

The series has gotten worse much worse, Previously there was a tension in the series that does not exist now. And the characters are now boring. Tony was the team clown, he has now become serious. Do not think he has been hit in the head at all this season. McGee seems to not know what he should do. Bishop is a female version of McGee, who does McGee's previous job. Gibbs has become a softy, he has not beaten Tony in the head this season. The old Gibbs had not accepted the Bishop's behavior. All that Bishop adds is a new face. The team needs a strong, physical woman who can kick some ass. Not some young immature schoolgirl. I do not know about the changes in the characters are a way to cope with the loss of Ziva, and that the latter returns to normal. Or if the loss of Ziva has shaken the characters in depth. As the series is now, it is not worth watching. Still manages to draw a lot of viewers, which I think is strange.

The series is bad is not just about Bishop. okay, she does not fit. I agree with that. There is too much Bishop Show. Every time they are looking for a suspect turns Gibbs to Bishop. Bishop find him or Bishop trace him. Gibbs should turn to the team as he always did. The chemistry is gone the writing is bad. And the characters are changed. Gibbs is no longer Gibbs, Tony is not Tony anymore. What made the series so successful and popular is gone. I'm moving on.

• Happy Days Redux

IMHO NCIS has jumped the shark with Ellie Bishop.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10