NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews (1133)

• Demo #'s are horrible

The Bishop character was supposed to appeal to younger viewers, the ole fresh face, blonde with quirky mannerisms schtick. Isn't happening. NCIS is losing total viewers and demo numbers so its skewing even older as it loses ratings, according to a recent review I read (i stopped watching last year) and after a year of lower ratings, the show runners are finally appear to be listening to fans and telling the sorority girl to act like an agent instead of an immature brat.
  • Why is she still here?

@Istill a very good show.

You, respectfully, have gone and made the same mistake so many Bishop defenders before you have. You insist on tying our dislike (or outright "hatred") of this character to the departure of Ziva. That is not the case ... at least not for everyone. I was fully prepared to accept the new girl, just like I loved and accepted Ziva after they killed off Kate. It is BISHOP that is the problem. Not the absence of Ziva. She is an atrocious character being propped up by bringing all ... and I mean ALL ... the other characters down. You like her, and that is your right and privilege. Truly. But please don't presume to know why so many of us do NOT. If you look at this site alone, there are 1,057 posts. The VAST majority, if you notice, are anti-Bishop.

That having been said, I agree that the show is still good. I just am not going to waste my time watching reruns of this season. I'd rather watch reruns of all prior seasons for the umpteenth time.

By the way, people. fan forum dot com /f321/

is a great forum to discuss the show (and all your favorite shows). I just discovered it recently. Be warned though. I've seen a lot of ACTOR bashing on this site (or Bishop). While critiques of the show and the characters are most definitely allowed ... I started an anti-bishop thread myself ... bashing the actor or her fans is not allowed.

===============

Meaning, Bishop. I've created another "review" so I can keep ranting about how bad she is as an actress and as a character. I'm sorry, she is just blah. It's so bad that I'd rather watch reruns of all earlier seasons for the 10th time than watch one rerun with her in it. Period.

I've heard rumors she is back only for two episodes, but I suspect that is all it is... a rumor. Does anyone have an email address for any real person that I can write to. It probably won't make a difference, but I'll certainly feel better.
  • OH FOR THE GOOD OLE DAYS

We have been all over Gary Glasberg and the writers, but what about Mark Harmon? Does he like what his character has morphed into? I would think as a "biggie" he would have a lot of say and pull. The dynamics between all the characters have changed so much since they added Bishop. Just not good. Easy to miss the new glued to the "oldies"!!

Watching "Truth of Consequences" on USA, a perfect example of the NCIS I loved. Where the characters were the characters that made the series #1.

I don't think its just Ziva being gone (but a BIG part of it), or Bishop not fitting in (a HUGE part of it), but they have changed the character of the whole team. Gibbs isn't Gibbs, Tony not Tony, Tim not Tim. All of them are not the same. The new personalities just don't do it for me.
  • Please stop the torture

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
  • The series has gotten worse much worse, and the characters boring

The series has gotten worse much worse, Previously there was a tension in the series that does not exist now. And the characters are now boring. Tony was the team clown, he has now become serious. Do not think he has been hit in the head at all this season. McGee seems to not know what he should do. Bishop is a female version of McGee, who does McGee's previous job. Gibbs has become a softy, he has not beaten Tony in the head this season. The old Gibbs had not accepted the Bishop's behavior. All that Bishop adds is a new face. The team needs a strong, physical woman who can kick some ass. Not some young immature schoolgirl. I do not know about the changes in the characters are a way to cope with the loss of Ziva, and that the latter returns to normal. Or if the loss of Ziva has shaken the characters in depth. As the series is now, it is not worth watching. Still manages to draw a lot of viewers, which I think is strange.

The series is bad is not just about Bishop. okay, she does not fit. I agree with that. There is too much Bishop Show. Every time they are looking for a suspect turns Gibbs to Bishop. Bishop find him or Bishop trace him. Gibbs should turn to the team as he always did. The chemistry is gone the writing is bad. And the characters are changed. Gibbs is no longer Gibbs, Tony is not Tony anymore. What made the series so successful and popular is gone. I'm moving on.

• Used to have a Great Team BUT now NOT with 'bishop'

HEARTBREAK - they have a new 'failure - bishop' - The Show WOULD BE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT her.. YES, we miss Ziva - BUT the Show is Still SOOOO MUCH Better WITHOUT bishop!

We don't have to have Ziva back but NCIS does need to Get RID of bishop - Gibb's Team would be so much better without bishop.

I used to look forward to Tuesday nights & watching Gibb's Team - but no longer. Now I want to Throw Up.

I am glad that they covered sexual assaults in the military - this should never happen anywhere and it is always disgusting to hear of this happening in our military.

***

As an update - my feelings are no better - Actually worse. this bishop character is a JOKE!
  • many have replaced long time characters successfully

I am hanging in although I have not watched every episode and have fast forwarded through some Bishop appearances or I would have had to turn off the whole show. Ziva followed Kate, Vance followed the well-loved Director Jenny Shepherd, there have been several SecNavs and the only one that bugs me is the present one but she may improve. In other series, POI, Detective Carter wss replaced by Shaw - a little hard to take but she grews on me and now I really like her. What is consistent about Bishop is she is not growing on people, she is lower and lower and in one poll has dropped from 78% positive to 53% positive. Apparantly you can not vote in this poll more than once so it has somd value. So keep speaking out. Our old show is improving and if we can replace Bishop with a strong agent like Kate or Brody, we will have a first class show again.
  • Where did NCIS go?

I have been so disappointed with NCIS shows since Bishop was brought in. It is not just about her, it is about everything, the writing, the plots, the characters are so weak it is hard to watch. I am an NCIS fanatic and it pains me to see this show go so far down hill in such a short amount of time. I just finished watching a repeat that I recorded "Damned if you do" and it is so fantastic. The writing, the plot, the characters, the suspense, the background music - INCREDIBLE. What happened. did you dumb down the show to accommodate Bishop, because ever since she entered the picture the show has been ridiculous, ever character has been reduced to second rate. PLEASE GET RID OF BISHOP AND BRING BACK THE SHOWS OF THE PAST. PLEASE. I don't think I can sit through another BORING show. Last week Borin added a little more interest, but it still is BORING.
  • NCIS, where are you?

Where are the head slaps? Where is Abby's Caf Pow!!, where are DiNozzo's movie references, where is Ducky? - what happened to Gibb's dark side? - Where is the interaction (not always favorable) between Gibbs and Leon? - Why didn't DiNozzo's father acknowledge Ziva's absence - why doesn't anyone acknowledge Ziva's absence for that matter - seems like she never existed!! - we can't blame the new agent for all of this mess - she's only an actress playing the part that was written for her!! - the blame is on the writers (do they really know the cast members?) - and producers and casting directors! Please come back, NCIS, we miss you!!!!
  • Please drop Bishop

Bishop just does not fit in on NCIS. Even a good husband character can't help her. She can't act even if the character was good, which it is not. I can't stand to watch her on the program, so I don't.
  • What were TPTB thinking!

I loved seasons 3-10, mostly because the character of Ziva intrigued me. The show without her just plain stinks! It was quite obvious Cote had no intention of leaving just yet, so I can only conclude she needed time off or just fewer working hours to deal with a personal issue and TPTB said no way! I can bet if one of her male colleagues wanted what she did, he would have gotten it (CBS is known to treat male actors better than female ones-look at the Criminal Minds debacle when 2 female actors were fired to save money to fund the soon to be flopped spinoff even though at least one male costar had less seniority on the show). CBS wake up! Give Cote what she wants and get her back ASAP! I will no longer watch now that her character has gone and many of my friends no longer watch for the same reason. I suspect that even fewer will watch once Ziva's replacement starts, since GG is noted for creating characters fans loathe! Update: I was right-Bishop stinks. Why do TPTB insist on keeping a character (and having her front and center) that the majority (87%) of fans hate? Its almost as if they are trying to sink the show!

Why won't TPTB listen to the fans?! The fans have stated over and over again that they want EW (Bishop) gone and yet the horrible actress is STILL there. And fans are still asking CBS to get Cote back. CBS needs to grow up, stop acting like a spoiled child and man up to the fact they screwed up playing hardball with Cote's contract (which they finally admitted after months of fan protests) and for hiring a talentless actress to replace her. Unless they rid themselves of the horrid Bishop character and get CDP back (giving her whatever she wants), the show won't last much longer! Hey, CBS, fans are what generates money and the fans are leaving left and right!

For those who want CBS to know how they feel, you can leave feedback for CBS shows on the CBS feedback page. I believe some addresses to write to can be found on the operationbringbackcote Facebook page, but you may have to search to find them. Of course, the best way to show you aren't happy with the new NCIS is to stop watching.
  • Checkmate

Get rid of Bishop. If I have to see her "scrunched" up face I will scream. her character is coming off like she's smarter than everyone, even Gibbs seems to be stepping aside for her. PR can hype her all they want, it's not working. I would rather have no one, even another man would be better

• wickersham a disaster

The producer or writer glasberg needs to get rid of this disaster of an actress. the show now lacks any cohesion. the characters now don't mesh. they make wickersham "the professional" putting her in interrogations and have mcgee witness her doing them. this show needs to REPLACE HER. i've been watching this show since its inception and now i can't stand it. can't stand to see how ineffective she or her acting is. GET RID OF HER. she doesn't fit in.
  • Three Musketeers are now Two and a Half

Loyal fan from the start. Rolled with all of the character changes. Bishop is an embarrassment to the show and the franchise. She doesn't sell being a genius OR a federal agent. The show became Take Your Daughter To Work Day. A new ruler has to be invented to include how bad she is as a character. She is bringing down an entire cast of incredible actors.
  • Is the bimbo still there?

New girl is a flop. She's been on the show at least 10 episodes longer than she deserved. Please put her and all of us out of our collective misery. We are begging you.
  • this cast and fans deserve better this season

I think the writing has been off this entire season, and that the talents of all the actors on the show have been diminished by it. Lifelong fans of the series have been compromised me, bringing back the well loved characters of the past in an attempt to appease us has only served to remind me how much better the writing was back then. Mike Franks, two examples of the strong minded, strong willed, never apologetic characters that won our hearts. Where is that kind of creativity now? It is seeming more and more each week that the characters of Gibbs, Tony, McGee, even Abby have become one-dimentional, stunted, no longer growing, evolving. Frankly, they are just not interesting anymore. And the new female team member is equally as unimpressive. Sorry, but you gave us the character of Ziva who intrigued us right from the start, made the team and viewers sit up and take notice is a lot to live up to, but if you can't do it please just end the show, move on to New Orleans, and leave our oh so fond memories untarnished

New review on 4/11/14 and above still applies. The writing has been HORRIBLE! There is no fun anymore, Gibbs has become a silent shadow of who he was before, Barrett is a dull, horrible too much to watch anymore. Are present writers watching the USA marathons??? It would remind them of the humor, comraderie, character development this new season is completely devoid of.
  • Bishop is simply a pawn

The Bishop character simply is not working. There is no "there" there. No character development and her big "thing" was that she sat either on the desk or sat on the floor. What an interesting quirk!!! The old characters don't seem to have the same chemistry with each other. You can tell that the writers and producers have gotten the message about Bishop---she was hardly in last week's episode. Everyone seems to be walking on egg shells now. The Ziva character was so strong that I really think they should pull a "second Darin" on the show. Get a woman to play ZIva but maybe with a harder edge from her year in the Mideast. Bishop always looks like she is a high school senior doing a book report on NCIS. The show stinks with Bishop!!!
  • Stopped Watching

I was once a fan to NCIS but this season turned me off. I don't know who hired the actress who's playing Bishop but a cut out copy of Ziva is more lifelike than her. Plus the brotherly banter of Tony and McGee is gone. For the first time I believe that NCIS is in danger of ending unless a major shakeup is done.
  • Do not like the young blonde girl

My family has loved this show for a decade. The new girl is just not good. We saw this week that Gibbs is trying to fix her, but it won't work. She is too small, weak, silly, and not very smart. She can't be an NCIS agent. Gibbs has very high standards, he would never accept this weak little girl. We just don't want to watch the show any more.

We want Ziva back. She was so good.
  • Something needs to change

If a 2.3 demo and 15.66 viewers won't make them understand that something needs to change quickly, I don't know what will. And don't tell me that for the other TvShows is the same because it's a lie and you know it (take a look at NCIS LA). Sure, there are shows going down, just like other years, and that's valid for people going out because of the spring/summer and global warming too. So, stop making excuse, and please, do something to save NCIS
  • The "new" NCIS is like the new Coke-it sucks!

NCIS used to be my favorite show. Now it is banned in my presence. I watched occasionally when it started, but got hooked after the addition of the character of Ziva. From Season 3 on, I faithfully watched. The cast fit together perfectly and the team seemed like a family. But then CBS decided to play hardball with CDP's contract and walked away from negotiations when she wouldn't cave. And it was quite obvious from the limited screen time given to her in the episode that was supposed to be about her character's exit and having the team act as if her character never existed that CBS was punishing Cote for standing her ground. CBS should be ashamed of their behavior. And then to top it off, after promising NOT to replace the character, they did exactly that. Unfortunately for them, the character they added was horrendous. Not even an exceptionally adept actress could redeem this character and EW is at best mediocre. And the writing has been so bad, I am starting to wonder if all the decent writers left with Cote! The show has gone from being the most watched program to the most wrecked program. The ratings are finally starting to reflect actual viewership and it isn't pretty. I no longer watch and everyone I know has stopped watching as well. I don't know how this current mess got approved for another season. If TPTB don't wake up and realize their mistakes, I wouldn't be surprised if the show was cancelled mid season in season 12. They need to get rid of EW and beg CDP to come back or soon there will be no NCIS! And get rid of GG while you are at it. It is quite obvious he either has no clue what fans want or just doesn't care. He actually called season 11 stellar! Judging by social media, recent ratings/reviews by fans and the dropping ratings, I'd say season 11 is far from stellar!
  • No love for Bishop (I agree with this review!)

1.5
    You have to be kidding me. I will never watch this show again. I get they wanted a different direction, but did they need an 18-year-old blonde sorority girl with pink lipstick? Never watching again. Number one show will become number 100 very soon! Cote come back PLEEEEZE. I can't stand Nancy Drew for another minute! She belongs on the kids channels, not my fave show NCIS! Oh, and I agree with blues39. I'm sure Bishop would be great on a show like Friends, but NOT NCIS. Oh, did I mention she should be playing Nancy Drew?

• still hope for Cote..

I still hope cote come back for the final at least for a appropriate TIVA ending and I hope this time Gary Glasberg to ve better on his writing because many viewers didn't piss off only with CBS' lies for cotes'Departure that it was "her decision" (my answer in this is :P :P :P)but also how TIVA ended in PPF ( personally I didn't rate or comment this episode because in my opinion wasn't worthing any of these)

My answer to many many 'fans' of viewers of NCIS that "it's ok I didn't like Ziva anyway" I ask them why then for eight years on every single episode of NCIS said "She was Amazing" .. In addition The show after sasha's departure moved on because it was 2 years and there was no Tate or father/daughter bond like Gibbs with Ziva... There were two Ziva centric season during the 8 years. Season 7 Ziva's recovery after Somalia and season 10 a ziva centric emotional season which was also a TIVA season at the same time...

The show can't move on from cote and ziva ... We have seen this during this season bring COTE back . one last request for billionth time...

G-E-T

R-I-D

O-F

B-I-S-H-O-P!!!!
  • No sympathy here for Ms. Bishop

I used to love "NCIS,' but that is no longer the case. Bishop is, quite simply, the most unbelievable character in all of television, other than Kim Kardashian's face (joke).

And quirky? This is ridiculous. She is like a ferret the way she climbs atop file cabinets and cubicle dividers and perches there like a hawk ready to take out an unsuspecting field mouse.

And she should just 'get over herself' when it comes to how smart she is, how good she is with a gun, her fighting skills, etc.

And what in God's name has happened to Gibbs? Has he suddenly been stricken with Alsheimer's? He puts up with things from Bishop that would have earned Tony a whack in the head.

Please, Gibbs, get your act together. If ever a 'probie' needed a whack in the head, believe me when I say that probie is BISHOP!

I don't know how long I will be able to endure watching the dreck that NCIS has become. FIX IT! NOW!
  • Rut-Row

Bishop's character just sucks the ever loving life out of this once great series. And the rest of the cast are mere menions to Bishop and her eyebrows. The new writers have shoved this woman down our throats. I agree, admit you made a mistake. Also, the new writers must have been former writers for The Scooby Doo cartoon. Really, predictable, and just bad unbelievable plot lines. The Bishop character is forced bad acting ta'boot! And give me a break with her "quirks". Get her arse off the floor and at a desk. She is now Wonder Woman of NCIS. I wish she would just go away in the Mystery Machine Van!
  • Dumbed down season

Up until this season, I've watched every episode . I can't bear it anymore. The new character, Bishop, is an excellent example of miscasting - I now refer to NCIS as "dumbed down". Ziva was a complex adult, and together with the rest of the excellent cast, gave NCIS substance, and an edge. Now we have this little girl who adds nothing, and manages to bring everyone else down to her level.

PLEASE, before it's too late - do something!
  • the blonde bimbo that wrecked season 11 of ncis

we just bought ncis ,looking forward to sitting back and watching a few hours of a great show,got through the first few disc,s and then the blonde bimbo opened it,s mouth,well that was it watched 1 more disc and then turned it of and put it up for auction on ebay,,nerver before have i seen a show go from really good to complete crap so fast if season 12 ever comes out i will wait before i pre order it again if it was,nt for the first 2 disc,s it would,nt get a rateing,i hope the bimbo feels great about stuffing something GREAT,i guess that till the money from sales of ncis stop comeing in,that we will have to keep raging the bimbo,i thought that the customer [ or in this case the viewer] is always right,so maybe it going to take people changeing the channel to watch something else,i have and from what i hear season 12 aint any better,really how about getting a chimp added to the show,its has already begun to look like a circus might as well go all the way, i think i have found the perfect role for the ditzy bimbo, a ZOMBIE on walking dead,aT LEAST THERE IT WONT HAVE TO TALK JUST STAGER AROUND LIKE A DRUNK,,,SHOULD,NT HAVE TO CHANGE HER LOOKS TO MUCH,JUST DREES UP IN SOME RAGS AND BADA BING ZOMBIE THAT WAY SHE CAR,NT WRECK ANOTHER GREAT SHOW
  • WTF should be the name of the season, not the first episode!

This has been the absolutely worst season of NCIS to date. What are TPTB smoking at CBS!? First, they play hardball with CDP regarding the length of her contract and foolishly let her go. Then, they write the lamest exit for her character (one that was so out of character you wonder if the writer even knew anything about Ziva) and give her very little screen time considering it was the "farewell to Ziva episodes. Then, they have the other characters with the exception of Tony acting as if her character never existed. Then they create a very unlikable character and hire a mediocre actress to play the part, making her a regular before seeing how the audience felt about her (which was very stupid, considering how many fans have voiced displeasure of almost every character GG has created). Then, they have all the other characters accept this horrible character immediately (which is so out of character for them, especially Gibbs and Abby). Then they basically force this character down our throats, basically pushing the main characters aside. They then have the other characters act like lame ducks. Most of the story lines this season have been boring and sometimes just plain stupid! And despite a large percentage of people declaring their dislike of the character of Bishop (at least 85%), CBS stubbornly won't get rid of her! Most of the fans don't want Luna Lovegood or Barbie. And despite CBS's claims, many fans want Ziva back. CBS needs to wake up and get rid of EW and give CDP whatever she wants to come back. Otherwise the show will continue to go down the toilet and will lose people who have been fans for years! For those who agree, leave feedback at CBS, sign the petition to get CDP back, join Operation Bring back Cote and best of all STOP WATCHING!
  • getting the sharktank ready

2.5
    one of the worst ncis shows i have ever seen dull boring trying to force this new person on us . gibbs looked liked he had been neutered letting this person walk all over him
  • What a pain

NCIS had been the perfect mixture of realistic police work + Hollywood action, seriousness + fun, crime stories/drama + everyday life. The relationships between the extraordinary characters and the development each character had taken had been unique. I'd enjoyed it - until that girl turned up ...

I'm not a Ziva fanatic (although I liked her, not always, but most of the time), and I accepted that Cote de Pablo had to do what she had to do, but I was a bit disappointed by the way she was written out of the series. At least for the remaining character - Tony - the writers should have come up with a different story. So he was simply left behind and couldn't be anything else but depressed and heartbroken. That was a bad choice.

I was open for something / someone new, although I was sceptic that someone else would suit the team, especially not another woman because it was clear that it would be difficult to fill de Pablo's shoes. I liked the five episodes between Ziva's departure and Ellie's introduction. Just the three men (working and dealing with different persons at each case) would have worked perfectly for me for the rest of the season. I didn't need a fourth member at all, especially not a female member. They could have brought in women from the outside like Agent Borin or Vera Strickland. That was fine because each of them added something different. But I was ready to give the new girl a chance.

And then ... Wow! It's not a positive "wow", it's a "who on earth had that awful idea?"-wow, a "who casted her and why did they think that actress would suit the rest of the cast?"-wow, a "what a stupid, poorly written character"-wow. It's nothing against the actress. She probably is a nice girl. But ... A scene in 11/9, the first episode with her, told you everything you needed to know: Small, young, blonde girl next to the three big, experienced men, a unit that can communicate with each other without saying a word. - She will never suit them, she will always look ridiculous next to them. That's not the bad of the actress but why choosing someone like her? To "refresh" the cast? But when the whole main cast is 40+ someone who looks like a teenage girl doesn't suit. It just makes the main cast look even older and the young like an alien. (By the way - I don't mind it at all that the cast is "old". Getting older just had made them better!)

The Mossad-storyline never was realistic, but the great cast was able to make it work. Maybe you didn't buy it completely, but it was enjoyable. Bishop is supposed to be an ordinary analyst, but I'm not buying it. Analysts and profiler don't work alone, sitting on the floor with lots of paper around them, thinking, and then coming up with an amazing result. It's not even quirky or funny, it's just stupid. Counting in school, college, training, working practise and then SIX YEARS of chasing Parsa, she must be 32 at least. Really? She looks and behaves like a 12-year-old. And she really met Parsa in the Middle East? I'm not even buying she has ever been to Europe, speaks a foreign language (has ever left college). And how did she identify him? Sitting as a lotus flower in the desert, the computer on her lap, and he came by, and she thought, "Well, he's going to be a terrorist"??? Oh, come on!

Now she is turned into a field agent. Really? She is not even able to hold a gun. When I saw it the first time I was hoping she would shoot herself. At least, it wouldn't have surprised me at all. No authority would let her do field work. The old Gibbs would have never ever accepted her in the team. Not even as a so-called analyst because they don't need any. I mean - they have Gibbs' famous gut, haven't they?

But the worst thing is that the show suddenly centres her. Abby, Ducky, Palmer, and Vance are cut short to unimportant side-kicks, Gibbs, Tony and McGee are standing around waiting for her to do something, to solve the case, although she has not a clue about criminal investigations. WTF??? I've read reviews saying, that it had been the same with Ziva, but that's simply not true. Gibbs has always been the strong leader, the team worked as a team, and Ziva was just a part of the team. Never before the entire cast had stepped back in that extreme way to give a new character room to show how clever s/he is.

And why is everyone so polite and nice? Once it was a joke when Gibbs said "pleeeeaaase". Every new character had to fight her/his way into the team. There were arguments, tensions - and it was good! And now Gibbs tells her she did a great job? When? What did I miss? Why on earth he should want her in his team? Because of what? She disobeys orders, she isn't a team player - just one season ago it would have driven Gibbs nuts. And now he invites her being part of the team???

Where has the team work gone? The chemistry? The dynamic? The ability to switch from being serious to being funny in a second? Ducky's stories? Gibbs' alpha-man-action? The boat? Tony's pointed remarks? The REAL men's-restroom-conversations? (Oh, come on, did you really have to do that?) Weird team meetings in Abby's lab? (... to be continued endlessly) THAT's why I loved this show! I loved the characters, the dynamic, the mixture of genres from drama to comedy. I'm NOT watching NCIS to see a girl sitting on the floor. Maybe if SHE was a sidekick. Maybe if she was funny - at least a little bit. But she simply isn't. She isn't clever, she isn't funny, she has no ability any other character wouldn't have. She doesn't ADD anything. She is like waterproof material, everything rolls off on her. She is stiff like a board with just three different facial expressions. She doesn't interact with any of the other characters. HER men's-restroom-conversation with Tony was characteristic for the whole figure "Ellie Bishop" - pointless.

PS. Please, excuse possible syntax and other mistakes. I'm not a native speaker, and my reading/understanding skills are much better than my writing skills. ;)

_____________

Update after surviving ten episodes with Bishop - I've to correct the thing with "it has nothing to do with the actress". It has nothing to do with the PERSON Emily Wickersham, but she is one of the most untalented actresses I've ever seen! Please, free us from her, she's unbearable!

_________

Update after being finally through season 11 and reading a lot of reviews. I noticed three things. 1) The Ziva-effect. There are a lot of people who keep telling you that you don't like Bishop and the show anymore because of Ziva's departure. To make that clear: THIS IS NOT ABOUT ZIVA. I even agree with some people saying, that the Tiva-storyline and the Mossad-stuff got a bit stale. I would have been fine with someone new, and / or a different style. So - this is all about Bishop and the awful way she's changing the team chemistry. There were a dozen of actresses in this season who would have been a better fit!

2) The storylines got worse from about season 7 onwards when Glasberg took over but they had never been so bad than in season 11. Maybe it's time to not only get rid of Bishop but also of Glasberg and some of the writers!

3) "Stop watching when you don't like it anymore"! - When you came a long way with a series like this - and ten years is a very long time -, then it is easier said than done. The characters have grown on you. They are like remote relatives. You want to know what will happen to them. But with that girl and the storylines getting worse and worse I'm ambivalent about watching season 12.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10