NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

neomichel

NCIS Fan Reviews (1325)

• Why Is Bishop Still Around

I can't be live Bishop is still around, and has been on the show longer than Kate was. I stopped watching a few shows after she started, then try every now and again in the hope she has gone or its better somehow it's worse.

Can't they replace her with the other Abbey , Bourin . She fits the team so well and instantly, great character and works in NCIS New Orleans too, but we are stuck with boring bishop.

The fact that she has a rate it on here of only 5, shows how much we all dislike her, no other NCIS actor I looked at was so low.

• Ziva David

If Cote de Pablo plays in anything again I refuse to watch it.

• Bishop has to go

As someone previously said: nothing personal, but please - Bishop has to go. Are the views and opinions of the fans important to the producers at all? Surely something should have clicked by now?! What is it with the audible exhaling of breath at the end of sentences, the pouting, the quasi lisps, the blurring of words with lips that barely move etc... which art schools teach their potential actors to "act" like this? Nobody talks like that in real life, so why do they do it in shows? It is highly irritating - good actors and big names like Harmon, Weatherly, Pitt, Jolie, Theron, Foster, Hanks, Damon, di Caprio... never ever do that. Please learn from them! The lack of energy and confidence, the ever-present gloomy/depressed/unhappy vibe and even self consciousness all contribute to the fact that Wickersham is not the right choice for this show. (Maybe the actors read the reviews, maybe not - if they do, please don't take this personally). She could be successful in another role as a soft-hearted, kind and slightly naive person. But not in NCIS. Very large shoes to fill, yes certainly. Find her - find the Cinderella whose feet fit the shoes, please! And please add some romantic tension like Tony and Ziva's - it gives flavor and creates expectation.
  • the blonde bimbo that wrecked season 11 of ncis or the attack of the black EYEBROW

we just bought ncis 11 ,looking forward to sitting back and watching a few hours of a great show,got through the first few disc,s and then the blonde bimbo opened it,s mouth,well that was it watched 1 more disc and then turned it of and put it up for auction on ebay,,nerver before have i seen a show go from really good to complete crap so fast if season 12 ever comes out i will wait before i pre order it again if it was,nt for the first 2 disc,s it would,nt get a rateing,i hope the bimbo feels great about stuffing something GREAT,i guess that till the money from sales of ncis stop comeing in,that we will have to keep raging the bimbo,i thought that the customer [ or in this case the viewer] is always right,so maybe it going to take people changeing the channel to watch something else,i have and from what i hear season 12 aint any better,really how about getting a chimp added to the show,its has already begun to look like a circus might as well go all the way, i think i have found the perfect role for the ditzy bimbo, a ZOMBIE on walking dead,aT LEAST THERE IT WONT HAVE TO TALK JUST STAGER AROUND LIKE A DRUNK,,,SHOULD,NT HAVE TO CHANGE HER LOOKS TO MUCH,JUST DREES UP IN SOME RAGS AND BADA BING ZOMBIE THAT WAY SHE CAR,NT WRECK ANOTHER GREAT SHOW

I really do feel sorry for the rest of the NCIS team who have worked so hard to make this a really great show,i was watching a rerun the other night ,as I was watching the specials on the disc 1 of the producers was saying that they go out of there way to keep the show interesting ,what happened to that line of thinking,has wickersham got something over the producers of this show,i can not understand how wickersham is still there,if they are trying to get this show dropped from tv they are going the wright way of destroying this once great show,we stopped watching at the start of season 11 ,I bought watched maybe 4or 5 shows but as soon wickersham opened its mputh I pulled the disc from the player and put it up for sale on ebay,and have not watched ncis since then ,but we do watch seasons 1 to 10 only I do miss watching new shows but I guess all good things do come to an end,i hope wickersham feels bad about stuffing up a once great show

really wickersham how much longer are you going to keep dragging ncis down you no once it hits the bottom the damage will be done and wont be able to be revived ,,,,,,,

BUGGER I think the damage has been done and ncis is dieing a painfull death just shoot in the head if the bishop clown NCIS.................... ...............................

• !

This wonderful series is self-destructing. Re-runs for me.
  • Trial

So two new actors are added to the cast. If they work out they MIGHT be back next season.

Why on earth was the Twit not given a "trial run"? She gets worse with every episode. Bless her heart.

Send her to the Weather Channel.
  • get Michael Weatherly back when he is through playing Dr. Phil.

get michael weatherly back after he is through playing Dr. Phil, UGH. Did he really give up NCIS for that. I want Ziva back too. I kind of gave up watching all the episodes for the second time when the blonde came on. I agree with all the other comments as well. Whoever's girlfriend she is doesn't cut it. I watch on Netflix. I haven't watched network tv for 35 years. I want to watch when I want to watch. Hope to get more seasons on Netflix even if it will end with Tony walking out. Love Tony Senior too. Of course I am not in the correct age group. 75 doesn't cut it either, NCIS got me through a long illness. Gibbs, don't you leave. That would be the final disaster. My husband got me all the seasons to watch in the nursing home I was in. I recovered and now I am back fighting for my favorite shows. Thanks. Keep this series going anyway.
  • WOW we all have the same opinion !!!!

4/2/2016

I have not been following NCIS - formerly my favorite show - but I can't stand Bishop so stopped being loyal. I still tape the shows and tonight decided to catch up on the last 5 episodes. I used to run home t see it but not interested any more. I signed on and read some of the reviews and am shocked that we all have the same opinion. The show is aimless. Bishop continues to make the show ridiculous with her poor acting skills. They are trying to make her "tougher" but it is just not working. The plots ar eterrible the characters are terrible. I grieve for the NCIS I knew. I refused last weekend to watch the NCIS marathon because it was the "Ellie" marathon.

So sa. It is time to close up show.

DDFun

I have very little interest in waching the show now. I actually missed this season so far. Was watching reruns today but this eveing the reruns have Bishop in them so I stopped watching.

So sad............

DD

Bishop is winey, cares what your issues are !!!!!

Bring back the show that always caught my attention that I watch over and over and over again. Even now if there is a repeat with Bishop I d not watch !!!!

We want the NCIS we know and love.

DD

I know I keep on saying the same thing but I cannot stand it. The show is off kilter. It is torture to watch it.

DD

Not sure how much we have to beg to get this girl off the show. I am definitely losing interest. I do not run home to watch the show anymore. I do not even watch it on the DVR right away. I do not have interest.

Please revamp my formerly favorite show.

DeeDee

Get that blonde of the show. She does not add anything to this series. As others have said the entire chemistry is gone even with the regulars. If they keep her on it will be their Achilles Heel and end the show.

D

Get rid of Bishop and bring back the NCIS that I am addicted to. I do not even watch the new shows for weeks later. It is embarrassing to watch the show now. I know every episode and have been through all the changes that worked successfully right from the start. Bishop does not work.

What martians came down and took the Gibbs we know and love? The one that would not accept this Bishop on his team.

Does the cast really want the show to fail? Have they decided being #1 for so long is over?

Get her off the floor and off the show !!!!!!
  • The oscar winning eyebrows must go.

Cannot stand Emily Wickersham. I used to think "poor little thing, having to speak Ellie Bishop's awful lines". But after 2 years, I think she is just a plain bad actress. Her frown and sour face are a big turnoff. However her jiggling black eyebrows must have won a gold medal - somewhere - as they are brilliant, I cannot take my eyes off them, they dominate every scene she's in.

I did read on a - since deleted - review, a couple of years ago, that Emily Wickersham is reportedly GG's niece, who is reportedly a close friend of MH, if that is the case then that might account for her continuing on this show. I am sure that is not the case, and that the casting of this weak milksop of an actress, with the comic eyebrows, was a well thought out considered recruitment and brings exactly what the casting director wanted ie. comic relief.

• Consistent - can I have an explanation

Watching a season from start to finish was a pleasure, now it is disruptive, why tune in? Is it to combat set boxes or more logically they don't care if they lose some of there fans, blind arrogance.

2016 each word represents a week. Since the 5th Jan to 22nd March a whole 8 episodes, some actually not that good so maybe that is why the breaks so we get desperate for any NCIS:)

Episode - Break-Break - Episode -Break-Break-Break-- Episode-Episode-Episode-Episode (OMG)- -Break-- Break

So 14 weeks and 8 Episodes, 6 weeks not a all superbowl so why (PS its all NCIS shows they do this too) Is this an experiment from some over educated socialoligist working for CBS. Yet Netflix and others winning by releasing all at once, who will survive the network wars..
  • Rest in Peace, NCIS

2.5
    As a forever fan my tears are for the loss of NCIS. Poor writing, loss of interesting characters and the addition of the fatal acting and character development of Bishop have killed the show. Other fans have beautifully detailed the demise reasons so I can only add to the sadness. Never would I have believed that the addition of the character of Bishop could do so much fatal damage to a beloved show.
  • 2-Part NCIS Season 13 Finale - An awards ceremony, an engagement party, new beginnings, and a poignant farewell

FADE IN:

Anthony DiNozzo, Jr. is honored for his service to NCIS in a large public ceremony. Gibbs organized this event to recognize Tony's outstanding 15+ years of service in NCIS. After a lot of thought, Tony has accepted a new assignment, to head his own NCIS team. In the audience, DiNozzo Senior is one very proud father who knows that he's going to deeply miss his son. After a lifetime of estrangement and misunderstandings, they've finally grown to love each other.

McGee and Delilah throw a huge engagement party at a beautiful hotel venue, attended by EVERYONE!! As the event winds down, Gibbs sits by himself at the bar, sipping a beer. He looks up to see a vision of loveliness across the bar. He gazes at her for a while. She finally looks his way and smiles at him. He smiles back at her. He gets up and walks over to join her. They have a relaxed, wonderful conversation, getting to know each other. "May I call you sometime?" Gibbs asks. "I'd love that," she replies. For the first time in a long time, Gibbs feels relaxed and happy.

Tony's NCIS family throws a farewell party for him. Amidst great food, drinks and LOTS of laughter, everyone tells him how much they love him and how deeply they will miss him. All share funny, serious and poignant stories of their 15+ years together (lots of flashbacks!!) Inconsolable, Abby threatens to chain Tony to his desk and never let him leave!

Anthony DiNozzo, Senior finds his calling amidst the departure of his beloved son for a new assignment. He volunteers to work with homeless veterans. After a lifetime as a selfish vagabond, Anthony Senior finally discovers his true purpose in life helping others. In the process, he's growing emotionally closer to Gibbs, who secretly enjoys Senior's company, but of course will never tell him.

As the departure day grows closer, Gibbs begins to emotionally feel Tony's loss. He's losing his finest agent, his best friend, his partner in crime, the brother he never had. Gibbs talks with Ducky, his trusted emotional confidant. Ducky urges Gibbs to tell Tony how he feels, how much their friendship has meant to him, and how much he will miss Tony. Tell him you love him. Gibbs silently processes the suggestion. "Thanks, Ducky," and he leaves the room.

Gibbs dials. "Tony? You busy tonight? How about steaks and beer, at my place? See you at 8, Gibbs hangs up the phone and smiles to himself. It's about time. Try way past time!

Finally, it's the moment of Tony's departure. The office gathers around him. There are hugs, kisses, handshakes, tears, laughter, joy, sorrow, wistfulness, and that's just TONY! As he gets ready to walk to his car, he gets a text message. Its's from Ziva. "Congratulations! Have a wonderful life, Tony. I miss you. Come to Israel?" Tony smiles a HUGE grin, gathers up his belongings and heads towards the door, whispering softly to himself, "I'm on my way, Ziva!! Nothing's going to stop me now!"

Gibbs, busy orienting his new NCIS agents, wistfully stops to watch Tony leave the NCIS office for the last time. "I'm REALLY going to miss you, Tony," he mutters softly to himself. No one hears him. At that moment, Tony turns around to look back at Gibbs. The two men silently wave an emotional farewell to each other.

For Gibbs, it's back to work again with this new crew of NCIS agents, who are frankly driving him crazy at the moment. Then one last, lingering look. Tony's left the building.

FADE OUT

• Any NCIS with character bishop

Emily Wickersham is no flavor white frosting on a no flavor white cake . white on white. Boring!!!!

She cannot act; not expressive; does not know who she is or how dull; does not know how to create a character that is memorable; looks like a high school cheerleader, mean girl looking for a tiara. Watching grass grow is much more interesting and practices method growing. Get her the hell off of NCIS so I can watch the show without cringing whenever she is in the scene. Ugh!!!! Mark Harmon is no Dicaprio but he should know better that to put a dull blonde with know knowledge on how to act in an action, suspense show.
  • Sadistic Writers

I have missed most of seasons 11-12. I came back to the show in season 13, only to find that teenage blonde having problems with her steady. And doing one hell of a homework project on President Eisenhower.

Does the writer of this travesty still work on the show--because I can't believe it's ratings are so high still. Gibbs has no personality; Vance needs to date and get a wife again (they did so much to make him a full character); and that girl should go.

What is in it for *someone* to keep the Ellie Bishop character annoying viewers or more than a couple of years now? Is she related to a decision maker? Is she somebody's main squeeze? What does anyone get out of keeping such a poor actress in a role so horribly written?

I do agree that Abby needs to have an arc: for her to do the juvie stuff all the time--it's too much and has gone on long enough. Show some range here, for heaven's sake! She's an appealing, beautiful, and smart woman who has not changed one iota that I can tell.

I'll never get back those unwatchable seasons that were Ellie-centric. I do want to continue to watch after season 13 (some great episodes here--still too much of that irritating Bishop girl).

The only reasons to keep Bishop on the show this long has to be a personal one--someone who makes decisions. You should be fired if you are the writer who prolongs Bishop.
  • NCIS is still #1

So sorry for my first review.

All i wanted to say that NCIS is still the best show with the cast at the moment. But i will miss Michael so much. :(
  • NCIS gets the final farewell!

Bishop and her husband have finally done it - destroyed what was my go to show of the week. I stopped watching NCIS {the Bishop show} after enduring her arrival and dominance of a once great entertainment. Finally, I thought I would try it once more and got excited when it looked like Bishop was going to leave. Alas no such luck, the good news was short lived and so "farewell NCIS" You were great and then there came Bishop.
  • I love love love NCIS Washington. I record every ....

I miss Ziva so much. Can you please bring her back???? She was the very best female agent in all of the series. I loved the "love" connection she had with Tony - they were perfect for each other, real love or not!!
  • BIshop still sucks

TWO and a half YEARS after she joined, Bishop has failed to catch on with fans. All we hear are excuses. She's new, she's learning, she's finding her footing, she needs time. She sucks! if anything she is only getting worse. She spends most of her paid work hours gossiping about her co-workers and whining about her husband. And she does NO work. The writers have invented tricks to make it look like she's doing something. She reads information off the plasma, or she relays information from other characters who did the work. But she does nothing herself. Meanwhile, this week, Abby was a thousands times better as a field agent than Bishop has EVER been. We were told she was a genius. Where is her brain? Why is she even there? It is baffling why they insist on keeping this failed character who is so widely disliked.
  • NCIS Save Emily Wichersham

When I first saw Emily on NCIS I at first did not really like her, but after watching her for a while she grew on me, and I think she is a good replacement for ZIVA did not really care for her and her smart ass attitude, Emily character is the kind of person if you need answers or help she is there for you and will try and help you. KEEP EMILY ON NCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NCIS = save yourself quick

What has happened to NCIS. I have loved this programme for years, firstly with Kate and then Ziva. The chemistry of both characters with Tony has always been a great source of entertainment over the years. They both leave and now we are faced with the personality less Bishop. When we are first introduced to her she is supposed to be a quirky character that sits on the floor or on the desk and makes mind maps. After about a week in NCIS that had all gone and she was at the desk as regular as the rest. What was more mindless was the fact she was married to Jake aka The Librarian, who has about as much personality as a tree. There is no chemistry between them and he adds nothing to the programme. Furthermore himself and Gibbs are supposed to be good buddies, PLEASE. There is no chemistry any more between Tony and Bishop, no smart retorts and quick wittedness. Instead Ellie sits at her desk with that same depressed, one dimensional look on her face. The character has no personality and honestly I don't care that Jake has left her. I was glad to see her go back home and seriously hope she doesn't return.

There is also a lack of camaraderie between Gibbs and Tony and Gibbs is just gone a bit too serious lately. Im sick if seeing him supposedly sanding the boat. Put a little sawdust on the floor for gods sake to add a bit of authenticity. And please stop constantly referring back to Kelly and Shannon and basing a whole programme around them yet again. Move on please.

My last and final moan is about Abbie. Seriously, this woman is 46 years old yet she is constantly acting like a two year old with her constant, Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs. Everyone has to mother her even though most of the rest of the cast are younger than her. Seriously she needs a good kick up her ass.

Tony and his dad are great and I hope we see more of Robert Wagner as this relationship is really great. Ducky and Jimmy continue to impress me.

A final note,drop Jack, Bishop, get Tony another hot , argumentative, strong woman and please Gibbs, stop taking yourself so serious. I am getting tired of you and I have been in love with Mark Harmon for ever.

• NCIS: EPISODE:After Hours

It is hard to review the last 97 episodes when the adventures and drama of the 189 episodes that Ziva the strong female character. It is like comparing prime rib with a dollar hamburger. I could NEVER picture Bishops character in any of the situations that were presented to Ziva. Situations like Ziva shooting her own brother to save Gibbs. Situations like Ziva holding off armed killers while Gibbs has delivering a baby of a Marine in a gas station. Situations like Ziva and Tony holding off drug smugglers while hiding in a shipping container. Situations like Ziva battling a female spy, finally getting her confession on tape. There is not ONE of Ziva's 189 episodes that Bishop's character and Emily Wickersham or even the 46 episodes that the Kate Todd character was seen. The only good thing that Bishops character does naturally in plopping on a desk, simulating using the computer. Other that, she is bust on the show. Please have Tony take her with him what he leaves.
  • Get rid of Bishop!

After Kate and Ziva, two well written and great actresses, you give us this horrible flop of a character? Bishop is dull and unbelievable as an agent. Emily can not act well enough for this part. The writing and her acting are nauseating. Please replace her and quit shoving this nightmare down our throats. GG and Harmon fix this huge mistake already!! After 2 and half years, please make it stop!
  • Gibbs vs Vance

Why do they have to be so antagonistic toward each other more often than not?
  • Does anyone read reviews?

I have to wonder if anyone from CBS reads reviews. Sure the show is good because of the legacy characters. However the addition of Bishop / Emily has been such a let down. The show has become boring and too Bishop central with the other characters put in the background. Her strained acting is not believable as a agent especially when holding a gun. She is childlike among the other agents. I have seen so many posts on different venues asking for her replacement to the point of nasty frustration. Please replace her with a strong known and likeable actress. Does anyone out ther care - writers, show runner, CBS?
  • Lets get it ALL out... I REALLY DON'T LIKE ELLIE BISHOP!!!

Ok, this is my rant on what use to be my favorite show!! I love Kate but she was killed off, but I did love the episodes where she appeared to Tony! It took me some time but I fell in love it Ziva- she was truly kick ass! I didn't have a problem with Ducky's assistant Mr. Gerald Jackson was given the ax and Jimmy just fit in out of no where to me! But this dull person Emily Wickersham's character Ellie Bishop is beyond excoriating to watch! Not only does the writers continually push her character but the character must know every single person(s) back story and all of a sudden she's best friend with every single character with whatever character that appears on the show along with the crossover episodes! I know that the people from the NSA are noisy but my God, what in the world?! I will admit get Valeri's character would have fit in perfectly with the team post Kate and Ziva - especially a lot more than that stupid Bishop! Since Bishop's character was introduced it's like the entire team was brought down to the lowest common denominator or something. This season thus far has been nothing but the agent Bishop's show - she's all the story and tag lines while the worth while characters don't exist only when it's time to suit and go to the car! The writers are attempting to evolve back to where they are so that the Bishop's character 'can fit in' but here's the thing EMILY BISHOP DOESN'T FIT IN WITH NCIS, PERIOD!! Emily Bishop is a safe character who all of sudden loves to point her gun but she can't shoot since she killed someone and the only person she had to bounce off her boring talking (I hate the way Emily Wickersham talks -she's trying not to sound monotone yet at the same time her voice octaves drop with every word and every breath she takes!! Before the end of this season and of course sometime in the future season that Bishop will continue to talk about her husband, whom cheated on her - Bishop's character was too busy putting her nose into everyone else business she didn't see the difference in her husband because Bishop was so stuck on her own BS about leaving he NSA and going to NCIS and this week last episode is the first time in long time that Bishop was referred to as a probe..... when every other agent wore that for some time and she's shaken it because she's blond white woman - she's not young - she's only a few years younger than Ziva! And her eyebrows are so weird!!! I wish Emily Wickersham goes back to whatever genre of crap she was in before NCIS and stay there forever!! I can never take Emily Wickersham as a serious agent of any kind - not even a real estate agent!! Emily Wickersham is average in looks and can't act if her life depended on it! Simply put - Emily Wickersham sucks eggs and her character is forced and doesn't feel like a real show - a puppet or robot can do a better job than Emily Wickersham!!!!
  • NCIS TRAINED ASSASSIN

Love this programme. However, a trained Mossad assassin who comes across as some second rate Charlie Chester? Ziva. One of the worst TV drama characters EVER. My review rating is for the programme, not Ziva, obviously.
  • turn down the music

5.5
    I have been watching NCIS from day one, love the show. However; the background music is so loud that my husband and I have trouble hearing what the characters are saying. I has become quite irritating it is especially bad when the scene is in Abby's lab, we get upset every episode now, often rewind several times so we know what is being said. Background music is just that "background" used to intensify feeling during a scene, not to distract from it. Please "turn down the music"
  • From the best to the worst show.

I've been watching NCIS for a very long time, including reruns of old and sometimes new episodes. I've seen some awesome episodes and some not as awesome episodes however none of that compares to the most recent season since the introduction of the Bishop character. As an actress I'm sure she's great but I don't know specifically if it's the bad writing or the desperate, annoying and agressive push the show is trying to conduct on the viewers, trying to make them like her character.

It's simply annoying, can't stress how much I liked this show in the past, I literally have not seen the last 3 episodes simply because I can't stand to watch any more of the character. Literally almost every episode since her introduction has been focused on her and her maritial issues. Seriously I tried very hard to stay neutral, yes I loved Ziva's character but going back and watching episodes with Kate I still THOROUGHLY enjoyed the show, so I Know it's not simply a lack of Ziva. The writing, plot and focus of the show has gone downhill.

To some point it angers me since the writers or director of the show should by now realize that people just don't like the character and in general they failed with her introduction and her story. I remember them saying soon after Ziva left that they would be focusing for a while on Tony and a new relationship he would have also a new introduction of a female character (tony's gf) but I guess they never got around to doing that.

The worst part is Michael Weatherly leaving, his character has been becoming worse and worse, specially since Bishop's introduction, I mean he is supposedly the second in command of the team, we've seen him take leadership before but after Bishop joins it seems the attention is focused around her and her marital problems. Regardless with him gone I am now 100% sure I wont watch NCIS again and couldn't recommend it any less. Before NCIS was at the top of my crime show type now it's wayy at the bottom, even below the New Orleans variation. I do hope they get their stuff together and remove her form the show.
  • Tony leaving why ??

The main Characters in NCIS which keeps us watching it is Michael Weatherly and his jokes. he is going to be missed , hope his character can be filled up with something interesting.
  • Impossible as it may seem, Bishop just keeps getting worse and worse. Why on earth is she still here?

I'm afraid this is the end of NCIS as far as I am concerned. You must have a death wish for the show. There can be no other justification for keeping Wickersham, who is a totally pallid person and completely unconvincing and BORING. If you really think you have a program worth watching with no Tony plus the dreary blonde, you are seriously deluded. It is even worse than before.

Have thewriters gone completely around the bend?