NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

lordbowler

NCIS Fan Reviews (1507)

• 11/21/17 Episode - Worst One Yet

It's bad enough Gibbs is no longer a Marine, what with his grandpa haircut, Tony - a man's man - is gone, whereas Ducky has been all-but replaced by the clueless big kid Jimmy. Now though, McGee has been effeminated to previously unseen levels. He was always a dork but his artisan facial hair and touchy-feely demeanor ramp it up to new heights (or, more accurately, lows). The liberal media's march to "cyckify" the men on the our screens continues relentlessly. That's one. Then came the Thanksgiving '17 episode. Good gods, it was beyond abominable. McGee notices a suspect, the suspect tries to make a getaway, shoots a security guard in the process, but McGee (fully armed, mind you), fails to neutralize the suspect and instead engages in a Mexican standoff, which he - naturally - loses. Cue 40 minutes of exasperatingly bad dialog, atrocious acting, and mind-numingly tedious cliches. The quick-witted (without the wit) Delilah's repartees, the which-wire-do-we-cut eye-roller from the Torres and the Brit duo, the juxtaposition of tweezing out a bullet with yanking out Delilah's twins... - urgh! It was a hybrid of the Gilmore Girls, Lethal Weapon, and Dr. Phil. . Here's some pro-tips for the writers: Lose the arriviste headshrinker whose name I don't even know, get McGee to man up, turn Gibbs into a high-and-tight Marine again, more Ducky and less Jimmy, and confine Abby to scenes of her discovering things in her lab. I still remember Sasha Alexander more than a decade on; most of the newcomers I forget even before the closing credit finish. What does that tell ya!
  • Babies

Please explain to me that if Delilah is paralyzed and has no use of her body below the mid-line, how on earth does she feel labor pains? Was not a fan of the 11/21/17 episode as it was not up to their usual high standard of writing and production/director.
  • Hey Tim get a new writer

11/21/17 Special agent Tim is looking like a complete idiot. Calls HQ to tell them he has seen the criminal that is on the loose. But before he tells Gibbs he has to tell this retired forest ranger working security at the hospital what is going on so he gets this ranger involved in the capture of a dangerous criminal. Well it goes bad, criminal gets hostage, ranger gets shot.. stupid writing, and enough with the damn pregnancy.. the only thing left to do is hit the delete button. And maybe not use the record button next week?
  • Latest episode airing 11/21 is horrible

Bad script, bad directing, bad acting. What have you done to NCIS?
  • New episode of NCIS airing 11-21

The newest episode of NCIS is far below par
  • 11/21/17 Episode

Terrible writing. Really unbelievable plot. Totally lacks technical reality.
  • Maria Bello is TOTALLY RUINING IT

She is terrible. She cannot act and is awful and I agree if sher role does not fade i will stop watching it. Been a fan from the beginning but if she stays then I go.
  • BEARDS

SEAN MURRAY NEEDS TO SHAVE.

I have never missed an episode. Loved Kate, hated Ziva - never saw the "chemistry" between Tony and her. Didn't like the addition of J. Esposito, glad she left the show. Sad to hear Abbey is leaving.

McGee HAS TO SHAVE. It's not attractive. What's with hairy men?!? Don't they know all that horrid facial hair make them look older? Is it an "I'm a macho man" thing?
  • Maria Bello is ruining this show

Wow, they didn't just bring in this awful actress to do a bit part, they've got her in practically every scene! I'll give it a few more episodes to see if her role fades into the background, if not then I'll quit watching. Her part is so unnecessary and annoying, I can't imagine why they even created it.
  • NCIS RIP

Yes it's a sad story but the once great series is now a sad trip to the hairdressers all chat and gossip with a touch of plastic surgery, goodbye to a once truly great show
  • NCIS is going downhill

2.5
    Oct 24 2017 show was disappointing. The writing / scripts is not very good these days. The show is supposed to be about solving the crimes. However, it seems they are mostly interested in what each other is into outside of their job. Why? I don't care about their personal issues unless it interferes with the crime solving. I don't want to see any touchy / feely crap. And then there is another new addition to the cast.... come on!!!!! All these people are unnecessary. I don't think anything is going to save this show. With Abby (Pauley) leaving, there isn't going to be anything left. RIP NCIS.

I have watched this program since the beginning. I didn't think I would like the program as much after Kate was killed off. But along came Ziva. She was great! She fit in wonderfully. I like the characters during this period the best. I have not liked Bishop since the beginning. Sitting on the floor in a government office to do your work... Really???? How unprofessional. Would they really let her do that? The show could have done without her altogether. As for the last add-ons ... Oh Please, stop. There was no need to add all those non-essential characters. What's with Gibbs going all soft and gooey? Poor move. Gibbs is the rock that holds the group together. And what's with Timmy's facial hair, please shave.
  • Old and Tired

I am devistated to say, NCIS is on its last legs :(
  • NCIS new cast

I don't think more people are needed on NCIS. Ellie is doing a super job; Sean Murray is alwys good; Ducky and Jimmy are great; I like Wilmer but I think he needs more of a role. Jethro and Rocky Carroll are always good. Pauley will be missed but oh, well. The new woman, Maria Bello, is not necessary, in my opinion. Just build around the ones I have mentioned and the show will go on.
  • Tonight's episode looked promising (11/17/15)

I thought with Bishop going back to her folks in Oklahoma after Jake's cheating that she would finally be leaving the show. But then next week's episode preview shows that Gibbs goes after her. Sigh. What can we do to register our disappointment and dissatisfaction with Bishop's character, acting, and addition to the show? She doesn't belong. It's not a good fit for her or for the show. Please find another place for her and find someone else for NCIS. (And please ask Gibbs to cut his hair--he looks sloppy, and careless, not
  • Skeleton Crew (Season 15 Episode 4) is Just BAD writing

3.5
    My husband and self LOVE NCIS (s), all of them. But go over the basics of writing script, novella or short story: you need a beginning a middle and end that should TIE together. AND the characters have to have a PURPOSE. In the case of Gates McFadden (who I love to watch normally, whether it be Star Trek, Labyrinth, or any other place including Comic Com), the character of the mom was just plain "what?" Okay mom comes in complains about her missing daughter, willing to pay the ransom, big rich baron the last comment is? We are rich, we'll pay for it. And never seen again. If you have a gun over the fireplace, the gun better have a purpose in being there! What was the purpose? The mom wasn't key to the story, wasn't key to the kidnapping or killing, and certainly wasn't followed up on once they found her daughter. AND the point I'll bite about the forensic psychologist being brought in arriving at Gibb's door, but we've done this several times with NCIS, (or does anyone else remember this fact) AND he knows who she is AND she is the last to know in the elevator that he had already 'figured' it out; if you hand a stranger your house keys, I think something needed to be said somewhere before shutting down the elevator as to the purpose of "knowing who she was". Everything has to fit when writing a short story, a novella or a script. Gibbs needs to be 'Gibbs' with his character development well defined by Season 15, of course Gibbs would figure it out. But my question is how a forensic psychologist NOT figure this out, This is why she supposedly had been called in! The Mc Guffin of the bully didn't make sense, nor did the bank manager (simply NOT ENOUGH STORY HERE). In the end, the woman is dead, her mom never notified, the storm passed without any further ado, though it was the reason for the 'skeleton crew' which is the TITLE of the show, should've had a bigger factor in the show's development, or have factored in more prominently, rather than a $300,000 theft.

So NCIS, I know you are loosing crew. I know you are probably tired, but get writers who can tie the story together and not seem idiotic in the writing.

Maybe it was a bad night for me, but I've seen better by the writers of this show.
  • when the background is where the interesting show is happening...

I agree 100% with joykiller. Bishop is a huge drag and I am amazed she's still on. She's too old to act like a millennial but.... Bring Tony back! Did he leave because of Bishop? lol This how boring the show has gotten - I am noticing that the extras they use in the back ground at the office are like zombies. All walk slllooooowww - to stay in the shot longer - with an unopened folder. They are far more interesting than the NCIS shows since Tony left, since Bishop arrived. Oh well, there's always the Blacklist. Goose egg 0
  • NCIS is failing

4.5
    Tony, irl has moved on. We all miss Tony & Ziva, the best years of NCIS. That doesn't mean there aren't other interesting characters they could develop and bring back the old vibe which is sorely missed.

I loved this show, but with Wilmer and the new girl it's so random & not working. I was very surprised at these choices as neither add anything.

It's on it's last legs if they don't find someone charismatic fast, and ditch the two new characters above. I like the Brit though- he's a cool guy with some mystery. Bishop was quirky & smart the first few episodes but I never did understand her casting, & they've let her flail since. She and the other new characters above r just soo boring as r the storylines~

monotone much?

Why using Palmer less makes zero sense? I loved him in every episode... even "Ducky" has less screen time? Gibbs heart isn't in this group or the writing - he's just going through the motions. Another show I love Law $ Order SVU has kept its characters' storylines in tact so it's still a fun realistic, for tv, current ADA is the best actor they've had in the role which has changed often.

The NCIS writers could learn lessons from the writers of SVU.

Every new character has fit, & they opened with a bang by killing off a main character. So it's still possible to care about their growth, and the show~
  • FLOOR TIME, omg rather then Campfire

It's bad enough that Bishop is even part of the show. Her character makes me want to change the channel & then the storyline makes her the boss?! Horrible. And then in her intellectual wisdom requires everyone to sit on the floor to discuss the case cuz that's how her quirky cute self works stuff out. Ridiculous. Have they run out of ideas? So far it's a disappointment.
  • WHAT??????????

2.5
    Bishop as the boss??? Never did I think that the writers would disrespect the show in such a horrible manner!
  • Violent Season Opener

Hated the Season Opener of NCIS. Torture and violence is not enjoyable viewing. Didn't like the Direction either - when Tim finally comes back to his pregnant wife, she has no real reaction. What? and Gibbs being tortured? No thank you. I hope NCIS isn't caving to violence like other shows. It never needed to do so before. It had a formula that worked well. I always looked forward to Tuesdays nights, but if this is the direction the show is going, count me out.
  • Quit complaining

I agree that It hurt when Tony and Ziva were gone, but from what I found out , it was their choice because of their own personal lives and what they really wanted to do. As for the British dude, it looks like I stand alone. I think he is a great addition to the cast. Stop blaming the writer and the caster, and whoever else you are blaming. It is still one of the best series out there. I still thoroughly enjoy NCIS.
  • Season 14 Episode 10 When Palmer talks down a jumper

this is the best episode in the post-Ziva period. well done!

As for cast, Jennifer Esposito is a good add, but now I read she's off the show for season 15! She's got acting chops. What's WITH you people!!! McGee, gets better and better positioned. Mark Harmon softening a bit, good. Need some new script writers who appreciate ensemble acting and sophisticated stories. And stop killing off or otherwise doing away with the stronger cast members!
  • Michael Weatherly please come back!!!

I agree with all of these. It seems like writers are trying to replace Tony's character with Wilmer Valderama like same personality but it just does not work. And the gal from blue bloods not good. I liked her a lot on blue bloods but she doesn't mix with this cast/show. It needs Michael Weatherly back! I love him but I don't even like Bull. He belongs on NCIS he and Mark make the show!
  • I CANT TAKE IT!!!

I used to love NCIS when Michael Weatherly and Cote de Pablo were on it. I would never miss an episode! Now with all the cringy acting and horrible plot lines, I can't even stomach one episode without having to turn off the TV. What has this amazing show come to? Honestly, they should have pulled the plug after Cote de Pablo left. I feel like the writers are just on cruise control. This once amazing show deserved to go out on top! Now they'll be lucky if they can fit in one or two more seasons before a burn out.

Also, I have always had my suspicions that Ziva is still alive. There were so many plot bunnies in the episode family first, but I think they only did that to have some story line to fall back on just in case they needed it, which they desperately do. There are so many things I didn't like about how the writers constructed the Tiva story. One example that makes absolutely no sense to me is when Tony told Ziva she wasn't alone at the airport, then she said she slept with Adam because she felt alone. I mean did the writers forget they wrote that? Those are the kind of things that really grind my gears. inconsistency. Another example is when Tony literally goes half way across the world to SAVE HER LIFE FROM A TERRORIST CAMP and all he gets is a kiss on the cheek and then she starts dating Ray soon after that. Plus, they hardly even mentioned what happened to her! I mean, wouldn't the fact that she was tortured for months in another country warrant some form of deep discussion! Apparently not. I am still pissed about that even though it was years ago. Sorry this is so long, I needed to rant. :P

Also, It doesn't matter what happens on the show, I will forever believe that Ziva is alive somewhere and Tony and Tali found her and they made a family. Drop a like if you agree! :D
  • Still watching it as it is but..... :(

Summary: S1-12 cast like FAMILY. STRONG. S13-14 cast like boring ass coworkers w/o much chemistry.

Giving til S15-16 if it happens.

The cast is just weak this S14.

- Kate had her own mettle. She was like a big sister. Awesome. Slightly feminist.

- Ziva was also her own woman. The chemistry with Tony is spot on. Also her personality stands out. Good character development.

- Tony is the character that has that aura who can also carry a scene on his own. The bad boy with a good heart. His antics can be annoying but he's really a good agent, he just seems like a lazy one. The best character development for me though inconsistent.

- Gibbs is Gibbs. Has gone a character development that made him soft... :( I don't like it but realistic? Since losing too many agents and almost dying a 2nd time... that talk with his daughter really made him into a different guy. Missing the hard ass Gibbs though.

- NCIS directors, Ducky and Palmer are both wonderful supporters. Also have their characters developed or deepened with background stories. Palmer really became more assertive.

- Abby can be too immature like throwing a petty tantrum, kisses on the cheeks every time has become weird and like ugh. Something about her sometimes irritate me but overall okay character. Quirky.

Now for the weak ones

- Mcgee.. I liked him before when Tony's there. Their brotherhood is spot on. Teasing on the outside, caring on the inside. As a SFA though.... meh he has no umph! that Tony had. Some S14 episode I completely forgot about him even!! And that has never happened before. He's better as the tech guy. He stands out more as the tech guy... :(

- Bishop.. her first episode was okay. She was the weird one sitting on the floor and such but then poof she became like nothing. Doesn't stand out. Is annoying. What's her specialty even. She's just like meh. If she'd been developed like a strategist then that would've been better. Small but terrible. Scenes with her bros though just ridiculous. Take for example NCIS Nell and Lange. They're small but they have impact!

- Quinn... is it just me but the way she speaks just makes me want to sleep?! Also nothing to her that makes her stand out. She's supposed to be the big sis over Bishop's lithe frame but it's not working...

Her supposed specialty is training and knowing who she trained.. okaaaaaay

- Reeves. Hm. He's okay in some sense again though no unique personality. Other than being a Brit. MI6 doesn't give him anything at all.

- Torres. Gosh. I liked him. He's like a gay bro. Especially with Reeves. Best of the weak links. He's that loner macho man. Sadly he has nothing else that makes him stand out. Still lacking.

OVERALL- The cast now have no standouts. They're a lot to make up for their nothingness I guess. Neither of them can carry the scene. All 4 of them still can't. Seems subpar. Gibbs has become too soft he's becoming like them. No ommph! Please give us something. Don't end like this!!!! Even Mcgee and Delilah's love story have nothing. Don't even get me started with Bishop and Qasim. Like I have more push with Palmer and Breena because I can feel it from Palmer. Bring Michelle Lee back she has more impact than the rest of the current agents. Geez.

Score is for S1-13
  • NCIS Binge Watcher

I have to agree with other reviewers that Bishop has got to go. . .I've been a fan of NCIS since season 1 episode 1. I was heartbroken when Kate was removed from the show and thought that she could never be replaced. But then Ziva walked in and I fell in love with her immediately. But then had to be heartbroken again when she left. . . I have to confess that I binge watch NCIS over and over. The show never gets boring. . . Until Bishop shows up. Nothing against the actor who plays Bishop, but, really? ARGH. What a letdown! She is NOT a good match! It's like maybe they are trying to relate to a younger audience by letting a teenager play with the adults? The character of Bishop is very shallow. Have you ever noticed she only has two expressions on her face? A smile and a frown. And what's with putting her in just about every scene? We want to see Gibbs, Tony (although he's now gone), McGee, Ducky, Abby, Jimmy and of course Vance. The chemistry between these characters/actors is the best ever on TV. Why fix what isn't broken?

I understand that there isn't anything that can be done when an actor leaves a show and it is difficult to replace that person, but the least the creators could have done after Ziva left was to come up with a better replacement than a teeny-bopper. (Okay, I know I'm showing my age Just about everything about the actor they chose is all wrong for the series. For one thing, she's too small. . . She just doesn't fit next to 3 men who are 6 foot tall and taller! She's not believable. I cannot get behind the character of Bishop because the actor does not have the ability to make me believe that she belongs in that job. She just doesn't fit.

I have to confess that I've not seen the most recent shows. I live in the boonies so TV reception isn't the best so I wait until the seasons show up on Netflix. But rumor has it that there are more new players on the block and it doesn't sound like other fans are all that happy with them. I almost dread to see what's next. . . But so far I haven't given up totally on the show. We shall see. Not having Tony on the show just might be a deal breaker for me. . . .
  • Why is Bishop still on the show?!

From the first time NCIS introduced Bishop to the show, the disappointment was immense! I pretty much stopped watching the show. Then I thought, most new characters tend to grow on me in most of my favorite shows; so, I gave it another another. Now, I start each episode hoping: "OK, maybe today, they'll finally write her out". When she went all psycho taking down/out Chen, I thought, "Finally! hallelujah!" I mean, not only did she go rogue, and broke Gibbs' trust, but also killed a guy! I watch pretty much every criminal series out there, and these situations, regardless of the criminal past of the assailant, end up in suspension, or something worse. The criminal was unarmed, right? When Jack Bauer took out a similar Chen on 24, he (Jack) was pronounced the enemy of the state. And here I am, switching on the next episode, all excited I mind you, and there she is, working the case like nothing ever happened, not even reprimanded for her behavior. She needs to go! The show is being ruined with her presence. Jenny ok, Torres ok, even British guy - meh- but ok, but Bishop - I just can't... Bring Ziva and Dinozzo back! I'll even be ok with some pathetic move like making the last few seasons a memory lapse, or Abby's imagination or whatever else. Ask the soap opera producers, maybe they can help.
  • New Network with NCIS

Just found a new network for me to watch old episodes of NCIS. The network is "OXYGEN". Today they are showing season number 2 episodes and it is OUTSTANDING to see all the old quality players AND NO BISHOP or NO TORRES and NO REEVES. Too bad CBS is covering for the Producer and the new characters just for ratings.
  • NCIS

This show was put on life support when Cote left but when Michael left they should have pulled the plug.

The only way to save the show now is to say that everything after Gibb's head trauma and amnesia was a dream sequence or that Ziva didn't really die she escaped and her and Tony return after a threat is neutralized. If they can't do that then let the show go.

There is no need to keep disappointing fans and get cancelled for low ratings that's not how a show like NCIS should go out.

I'm so sad that one of my top ten shows is now a zero
  • Timothy Magees wedding

4.5
    Just watched the episode where Tim and Delilah finally get married. Seriously, Tim goes looking for a suit and brings Clayton and Torres with him. Has he no friends that he has to rely on two characters that are only new to the show as if they were all best friends. Later after we find Delilah is pregnant they decide to get married with 'their closest friends' in their apartment. These only consist of Ncis staff including three new characters they both barely know. Delilah has no friends at it from her work. Are we to believe this is all they have. Think the producers were trying to make it a memorable and emotional episode. They failed on all levels. I honestly didn't care about this wedding even throwing the pregnancy into the loop. And just to make it more meaningful we see Gibbs give Tim his fathers watch. When did these two get close. They didn't so again it didn't resonate with me.

Seriously if they don't do something with this programme I will be switching off which is a bit sad. Please get rid of Jennifer Esposito with her bad acting and stupid expressions and Duane Henry with his generic English character enunciating every word because the producers, as on numerous other American shows obviously think this is the only accent the American public will understand which is a bit insulting. Bring back the old style with the chemistry and humour that Kate, Tony and Ziva brought. It's no fun anymore and trying to make it look like they're all best friends isn't help. Far too many characters and honestly I don't care about any of them.