NCIS

lordbowler

NCIS Fan Reviews (1520)

• Bring back the geeks!

2.5
    One of biggest errors that writers have created is to make the resident "geeks" as bad-ass agents. Sorry, but it just doesn't work for the McGee and Bishop characters and the acting abilities of the performers. They used to have a quirky charm that balanced the agents' skills but now they are just cartoon characters. Part of the major problem is that Emily's acting ability gets worse instead of better. It is so painful to hear her sighs, see her head rolls and listen to unnatural speech. Give her back the floor and computer and send someone (ANYONE) in the field in her place.
  • 11/21/17 Episode - Worst One Yet

It's bad enough Gibbs is no longer a Marine, what with his grandpa haircut, Tony - a man's man - is gone, whereas Ducky has been all-but replaced by the clueless big kid Jimmy. Now though, McGee has been effeminated to previously unseen levels. He was always a dork but his artisan facial hair and touchy-feely demeanor ramp it up to new heights (or, more accurately, lows). The liberal media's march to "cuckify" the men on our screens continues relentlessly. That's one. Then came the Thanksgiving '17 episode. Good gods, it was beyond abominable. McGee notices a suspect, the suspect tries to make a getaway, shoots a security guard in the process, but McGee (fully armed, mind you), fails to neutralize the suspect and instead engages in a Mexican standoff, which he - naturally - loses. Cue 40 minutes of exasperatingly bad dialog, atrocious acting, and mind-numbingly tedious cliches. The quick-witted (without the wit) Delilah's repartees, the which-wire-do-we-cut eye-roller from the Torres and the Brit duo, the juxtaposition of tweezering out a bullet with yanking out Delilah's twins... - ugh! It was a hybrid of the Gilmore Girls, Lethal Weapon, and Dr. Phil. Here's some pro-tips for the writers: Lose the arriviste headshrinker whose name I don't even know, get McGee to man up, turn Gibbs into a high-and-tight Marine again, more Ducky and less Jimmy, and confine Abby to scenes of her discovering things in her lab. I still remember Sasha Alexander more than a decade on; most of the newcomers I forget even before the closing credit finish. What does that tell ya?!
  • sad new writings

1.5
    I agree. the show has deteriorated badly with too much focus on violence and weirdos, too much like every other cop show. we loved the humans interacting all those years, but now I can't even watch. I agree Torres is not a good about muscle and violence. Please find a writer that is about adult humans being normal, geeks can be geeks, but drop this present writer. There is way too much instant "knowing" about how things happen too. Maybe YOU should watch several of the older show that had Ziva and Tony in them.
  • Don't join junk tv

What separated NCIS from the other CIS shows, is the likable characters that are interesting but believable. I love Bishop and the quirky stubborn way her mind works. Torres belongs on NCIS Los Angeles. A show that's over the top and pretty much ridiculous. It's hard to see such a well written series add a character like that. It's really hard to watch. I don't have a verdict on Quinn, but I don't feel drawn to her character. While I still love the main cast and the addition of Bishop, Torres does not belong. I do think Wilmer Valderrama can act, but if you want to keep him, My opinion is that you should tone him down and make him believable. Let him get shot and come back with a sense of reality and make him believable.
  • Flogging a dead horse, an insult to loyal fans

I used to absolutely love NCIS and enjoyed the quirky balance of drama and comedy but as much as it pains me to say it, season 14 was disappointing and season 15 is bordering on woeful. The main characters are now over-the-top and cartoonish and Mark Harmon is just too old to pull off the role anymore. Just watch a couple of episodes from a few years ago and even the die-hard fans would find it hard to not see the decline in plots and genuinely funny banter and humour. Poor Sean Murray is forced to play a cowed husband with no gumption and there is no replacing the wonderfully inappropriate Michael Weatherly. What a shame, but I have to say that I wish that they would cancel this before it gets any more disappointing for all those fans who haved watched from the very beginning. Another example of a major network flogging a dead horse as it is too much trouble to find another hit show.
  • NCIS Is Now Liberal (Progressive) Indoctrination

I really don't like attempts to indoctrinate me, and it seems like NCIS has to make at least one attempt at indoctrination in every episode. I thought I'd give last night's (3/3/18) episode a shot--I hadn't watched it for a long time. There were these sweet, Spanish-speaking kids whose parents apparently hadn't survived the dangerous trek to enter the US illegally. OK, I'm sure there are little kids crossing the border, and I'm sympathetic. But what about equal time for the other side? What about the growing population of MS13 members in this country? How about the creep who killed Kate Steinle? How about the American victims of crimes committed by illegals? They should have equal time.
  • Love/Hate

I have enjoyed NCIS throughout the years. I never minded any of the many personnel changes until Maria Bello. I cannot stand her her character and maybe she plays it so well that I cannot stand the actress either. Or she is just obnoxious. It has become hard to watch when she is on the screen.
  • Really really bad characters

Why is that MI 6 agent even there? He's terrible, the profiler lady doesn't add anything, McGee needs to step up and be an agent. The show lacks good story telling, too much PC crap. No longer real... if a sailor or marine screws up or dies off base, the local law enforcement takes care of it.. NCIS takes care about what happens on base or a military facility. Just cancel the damn show.
  • Season 15 - alternative viewing

It was 8:29pm and NCIS was about to come on in 60 seconds. I quickly went to the toilet. I sat down and took a dump. I could hear that NCIS had started with Gibbs saying 'previously on NCIS' ... so I rushed out of the toilet and looked at the tv. First thing I saw was Bishop. I went back to the toilet and stared into the bowl for the remaining 59 minutes .... then the ending music started playing. Best episode in a long time .... I think it was called 'waving, not drowning' ..... i gave it 9/10 ... though something didn't smell right ...... yep - that's how bad NCIS has become, that even Mr Hankey is more entertaining....
  • Season 15

4.5
    Having watched ncis since its inception I was disappointed with the last season particularly after Tony's departure. We were then introduced to too many new characters including the dreadful Jennifer Esposito who, thankfully has now departed. Still not sure about Clayton with his clipped, enunciated generic English accent. Bishop still falls short on the feistier and funnier Ziva and Kate. That said I really enjoyed episodes 7 and 8 of the new season with their clever twists. And now back to reality with a bump as up comes episode 9 where we see an MI5 legend confront an international terrorist whom they have been chasing for years and he doesn't hold a gun on him and is shot quite easily. How he gained his reputation who knows or how he managed to survive so long without being killed is a mystery. The team are discussing spending yet another Thanksgiving together. Seriously have none of them friends and family. And please can Sloane please stop telling Gibbs how good he is. Enough already. Delilah goes into labour and Tim meets security guard, Morgan at the hospital. Soon they are best buddies, seriously, and even as I watch it now I can feel Tim wanting to call his baby, Morgan. And yes he does it. Boring and predictable. Jury still out. Disappointed but ever hopeful
  • DIsappointed

1.5
    Have watched this show since season 1 and loved it. Lately, however, the quality of writing has dropped dramatically, the direction seems to be completely missing and the characters are absolutely flat. The Maria Bello character is way too "pop psych"cheap psychoanalysis found in pulp self-help books. The plots are unintelligible and formulaic. Slow slide into mediocrity.
  • English language

"What do you got" vs "What do you have" - PLEASE stop using poor English.
  • To personel

Wish would go back to solving crimes and not always having a personal stake in it . Seems like they know all the victims or it's a friend of thieirs or a relative .
  • Once wonderful show turned into politically correct nightmare.

1.5
    Why not have a show where all the present NCIS agents meet in Gibbs basement and secretly join the ACLU & several LGBT organizations. After that we could show Abby & Tim at a Black Lives Matter demonstration. A once masculine and likable cast have been turned into feminized sock puppets. The show is now an atrocity.
  • Bishop is god awful!!

She has ruined the show.. Poor acting skills, un- believing. Take her off

No wonder the show has gone DOWN HILL
  • An all time low on NCIS

Any more episodes like that, and one of my favourite shows of all time is finished as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, McGee is like 12 yrs old. Agonising over baby names? Asking dumb questions about the baby coming early? Bringing an old man security guard in on the action? Real NCIS agents watching this junk must be horrified. The dialogue is seriously infantile. It's bad enough that Deaks in . takes the stupid roll (along with the two cartoon characters Nell and Eric). The only real NCIS left is New Orleans. Very disappointing for what used to be one of the best series on TV.
  • Babies

Please explain to me that if Delilah is paralyzed and has no use of her body below the mid-line, how on earth does she feel labor pains? Was not a fan of the 11/21/17 episode as it was not up to their usual high standard of writing and production/director.
  • Hey Tim get a new writer

11/21/17 Special agent Tim is looking like a complete idiot. Calls HQ to tell them he has seen the criminal that is on the loose. But before he tells Gibbs he has to tell this retired forest ranger working security at the hospital what is going on so he gets this ranger involved in the capture of a dangerous criminal. Well it goes bad, criminal gets hostage, ranger gets shot.. stupid writing, and enough with the damn pregnancy.. the only thing left to do is hit the delete button. And maybe not use the record button next week?
  • Latest episode airing 11/21 is horrible

Bad script, bad directing, bad acting. What have you done to NCIS?
  • New episode of NCIS airing 11-21

The newest episode of NCIS is far below par
  • 11/21/17 Episode

Terrible writing. Really unbelievable plot. Totally lacks technical reality.
  • Maria Bello is TOTALLY RUINING IT

She is terrible. She cannot act and is awful and I agree if sher role does not fade i will stop watching it. Been a fan from the beginning but if she stays then I go.
  • BEARDS

SEAN MURRAY NEEDS TO SHAVE.

I have never missed an episode. Loved Kate, hated Ziva - never saw the "chemistry" between Tony and her. Didn't like the addition of J. Esposito, glad she left the show. Sad to hear Abbey is leaving.

McGee HAS TO SHAVE. It's not attractive. What's with hairy men?!? Don't they know all that horrid facial hair make them look older? Is it an "I'm a macho man" thing?
  • Maria Bello is ruining this show

Wow, they didn't just bring in this awful actress to do a bit part, they've got her in practically every scene! I'll give it a few more episodes to see if her role fades into the background, if not then I'll quit watching. Her part is so unnecessary and annoying, I can't imagine why they even created it.
  • NCIS RIP

Yes it's a sad story but the once great series is now a sad trip to the hairdressers all chat and gossip with a touch of plastic surgery, goodbye to a once truly great show
  • NCIS is going downhill

2.5
    Oct 24 2017 show was disappointing. The writing / scripts is not very good these days. The show is supposed to be about solving the crimes. However, it seems they are mostly interested in what each other is into outside of their job. Why? I don't care about their personal issues unless it interferes with the crime solving. I don't want to see any touchy / feely crap. And then there is another new addition to the cast.... come on!!!!! All these people are unnecessary. I don't think anything is going to save this show. With Abby (Pauley) leaving, there isn't going to be anything left. RIP NCIS.

I have watched this program since the beginning. I didn't think I would like the program as much after Kate was killed off. But along came Ziva. She was great! She fit in wonderfully. I like the characters during this period the best. I have not liked Bishop since the beginning. Sitting on the floor in a government office to do your work... Really???? How unprofessional. Would they really let her do that? The show could have done without her altogether. As for the last add-ons ... Oh Please, stop. There was no need to add all those non-essential characters. What's with Gibbs going all soft and gooey? Poor move. Gibbs is the rock that holds the group together. And what's with Timmy's facial hair, please shave.
  • Old and Tired

I am devistated to say, NCIS is on its last legs :(
  • NCIS new cast

I don't think more people are needed on NCIS. Ellie is doing a super job; Sean Murray is alwys good; Ducky and Jimmy are great; I like Wilmer but I think he needs more of a role. Jethro and Rocky Carroll are always good. Pauley will be missed but oh, well. The new woman, Maria Bello, is not necessary, in my opinion. Just build around the ones I have mentioned and the show will go on.
  • Tonight's episode looked promising (11/17/15)

I thought with Bishop going back to her folks in Oklahoma after Jake's cheating that she would finally be leaving the show. But then next week's episode preview shows that Gibbs goes after her. Sigh. What can we do to register our disappointment and dissatisfaction with Bishop's character, acting, and addition to the show? She doesn't belong. It's not a good fit for her or for the show. Please find another place for her and find someone else for NCIS. (And please ask Gibbs to cut his hair--he looks sloppy, and careless, not
  • Skeleton Crew (Season 15 Episode 4) is Just BAD writing

3.5
    My husband and self LOVE NCIS (s), all of them. But go over the basics of writing script, novella or short story: you need a beginning a middle and end that should TIE together. AND the characters have to have a PURPOSE. In the case of Gates McFadden (who I love to watch normally, whether it be Star Trek, Labyrinth, or any other place including Comic Com), the character of the mom was just plain "what?" Okay mom comes in complains about her missing daughter, willing to pay the ransom, big rich baron the last comment is? We are rich, we'll pay for it. And never seen again. If you have a gun over the fireplace, the gun better have a purpose in being there! What was the purpose? The mom wasn't key to the story, wasn't key to the kidnapping or killing, and certainly wasn't followed up on once they found her daughter. AND the point I'll bite about the forensic psychologist being brought in arriving at Gibb's door, but we've done this several times with NCIS, (or does anyone else remember this fact) AND he knows who she is AND she is the last to know in the elevator that he had already 'figured' it out; if you hand a stranger your house keys, I think something needed to be said somewhere before shutting down the elevator as to the purpose of "knowing who she was". Everything has to fit when writing a short story, a novella or a script. Gibbs needs to be 'Gibbs' with his character development well defined by Season 15, of course Gibbs would figure it out. But my question is how a forensic psychologist NOT figure this out, This is why she supposedly had been called in! The Mc Guffin of the bully didn't make sense, nor did the bank manager (simply NOT ENOUGH STORY HERE). In the end, the woman is dead, her mom never notified, the storm passed without any further ado, though it was the reason for the 'skeleton crew' which is the TITLE of the show, should've had a bigger factor in the show's development, or have factored in more prominently, rather than a $300,000 theft.

So NCIS, I know you are loosing crew. I know you are probably tired, but get writers who can tie the story together and not seem idiotic in the writing.

Maybe it was a bad night for me, but I've seen better by the writers of this show.