NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 Returning September 23, 2014

gabfan31

NCIS Fan Reviews (1042)

• RT IF YOU CRY EVERYTIME BISHOP TALKS

So, I've been in school and I just recently had time to sit down and watch Season 11. NCIS is my all time favourite show, and I've seen every episode at least twice.

OH MY GOD. WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SHOW?!?! I couldn't even force myself to watch the episodes in one sitting!! I realize that CDP isn't coming back. I get it, and that's fine. But seriously, this Bishop character has got to go. (Let me step into the shallow pool for just a sec... HER EYEBROWS MAKE ME WANT TO RIP MY EYEBALLS OUT. I mean, did she draw them on with a Sharpie marker?!)

Not only does her acting SUCK, I feel like she drags down the rest of the team! It feels like the rest of the cast aren't even into it anymore. Even the light has gone out of Mark Harmon's eyes :(

The characters don't feel the same. There's no development. I feel bad that everyone is hating on Bishop, but honestly. GG is trying way too hard to make her fit in, and it's clearly not working. There's just no depth to her character!

Plus they're doing another ridiculous spin-off... NCIS: New Orleans... Is that actually a joke? Can GG please focus on his NUMBER ONE SHOW instead of running off to create another damn spin-off?

I'm sorry, CBS... I don't think I'm gonna watch Season 12. It's too depressing. I thought I could stand Bishop, but I really can't. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm bitter about CDP.

It's the fact that she's ruining the show. It's sad really.
  • Please get rid of the awful blonde

can't remember her name, but she can't act, can't fight, can't hold a gun, supposed to be smart but comes across as an airhead. My household can't stand her, fans for ten years. We will love Ziva forever and hope she comes back, but if not, they still need to get rid of the teenager. She is dragging down the whole team and all of the characters with her. My granddaughters idolized Ziva and they hate the new girl. Ziva was a hero, this girl is a joke.
  • Created an account just so I could complain about Bishop

She is just terrible. My entire family, fans from the beginning, can't stand her and refuses to watch any more. Please listen to fans and get rid of her. Whatever personal feud happened with Cote de Pablo, please do whatever it takes to fix it. We will be back to the show next fall.
  • The series has gotten worse much worse, and the characters boring

The series has gotten worse much worse, Previously there was a tension in the series that does not exist now. And the characters are now boring. Tony was the team clown, he has now become serious. Do not think he has been hit in the head at all this season. McGee seems to not know what he should do. Bishop is a female version of McGee, who does McGee's previous job. Gibbs has become a softy, he has not beaten Tony in the head this season. The old Gibbs had not accepted the Bishop's behavior. All that Bishop adds is a new face. The team needs a strong, physical woman who can kick some ass. Not some young immature schoolgirl. I do not know about the changes in the characters are a way to cope with the loss of Ziva, and that the latter returns to normal. Or if the loss of Ziva has shaken the characters in depth. As the series is now, it is not worth watching. Still manages to draw a lot of viewers, which I think is strange.

The series is bad is not just about Bishop. okay, she does not fit. I agree with that. There is too much Bishop Show. Every time they are looking for a suspect turns Gibbs to Bishop. Bishop find him or Bishop trace him. Gibbs should turn to the team as he always did. The chemistry is gone the writing is bad. And the characters are changed. Gibbs is no longer Gibbs, Tony is not Tony anymore. What made the series so successful and popular is gone. I'm moving on.

• Please get rid of the awful blonde

2.5
    I thought she was intriguing at first, but then she just started getting worse. She started out as a smart woman with attitude. Now she is a clueless, helpless little girl who contributes nothing at all. I have a lot of family and friends who watch the show and everyone hates her. I get that Ziva can't come back but Bishop has GOT to go. We are begging you.
  • Three Musketeers are now Two and a Half

Loyal fan from the start. Rolled with all of the character changes. Bishop is an embarrassment to the show and the franchise. She doesn't sell being a genius OR a federal agent. The show became Take Your Daughter To Work Day. A new ruler has to be invented to include how bad she is as a character. She is bringing down an entire cast of incredible actors.
  • OK, joke's over. When does Bishop leave?

When is the real character going to join? The one that fits the team and is at least a barely plausible federal agent.
  • Breath of fresh air? More like a stinky fart in a strong wind

For a character who is supposed to be so fresh and energizing, Bishop is is more like general anesthesia. She comes across as a daft. flaky, rude idiot with poor social skills and no payoff.

If you are going to put a genius on the show, you need to put a lot of effort into crafting how their brain works and allowing the viewers to follow their logic. There are so many shows that have done it well. House, Monk, Bones, The Closer, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Hannibal, Sherlock, just off the top of my head. All of those shows let us in on the genius' thought process.

With Bishop, we got Cheetos. She is seriously the worst conceived "genius" I have ever seen on TV. We gain NO insight into her mental function except her moronic food obsession, stuffing her mouth all day long while staying skinny as a rail, and sitting on floors and desks. That's it. That's her brain. Then she scowls for 30 minutes and magically gets an answer while everyone gapes.

This actress doesn't sell being smart. She is just a stereotype from central casting.

On a personal level, Bishop hasn't the foggiest interest in anybody at all. At first I thought she was poised to make friends with Ducky and Abby, and that would be cool, but as the season went on, there was nothing at all. They were strangers to her. Her interactions with Abby are only put in to prove she's smarter than Abby. She has zero connection with Tony and Tim. They're not a team.

Any other character would have been off the show months ago. There must be some huge egos behind this debacle.

• Bishop makes me want to stick a finger down my throat. I'm done watching.

I can't stand the character Bishop, and the actress who plays her is just plain bad. Plus the actress/character is so very unlikeable. So we have an unlikeable and annoying character, a bad actress with annoying black eyebrows to play her, and no chemistry whatsoever between her and the rest of the cast. So why should I keep watching this show? Goodby NCIS; it was a nice run but I can't watch Bishop any longer.
  • I don't even care anymore ...

I'm from Denmark, and I used to long for the day when the new NCIS episode was online, and now .. now I don't even remember when I last saw an episode. It's not that I want Cote back (offcause I will, but I no it's not gonna happen) but I really don't like Bishop. The fun and chemistry has gone from the show, and that was what made it great. Hopefully the writes will get there heads back on and will find a new person to come on board that has more chemistry with the rest of the cast so we can get the great show back!
  • Bishop has to go

I record NCIS but skip all the shows with Bishop. The character is just plain boring. The teasing, racy humor is gone from the show, the team dynamics are gone. I predict this may be the show's downfall.
  • No Bishop

I'm from portugal, so I only got to see the latest season this week. i hate Bishop. Hate Hate Hate. It brings nothing new when it comes to the team - really, no one like her could be an investigator. Someone would LOL on her face. She's ri-di-cu-lous and does not bring any good contribution to the show. Cut her off. PLEASE!
  • Bishop???

Character doesn't add anything to the show, in fact, it detracts from it. She seems to rule Gibbs and the rest of the cast is in the background. Writers please create a stronger character that is part of the team. This was my favorite show and now I don't care if I miss it.
  • Jaqui PG

Will never watch it again Ziva has gone not disappeared Continuity totally lost

She would have kept in contact with Tony she loved him and McGee was her friend They were all together for years

Plus she would have gone to Gibbs fathers funeral and kept in contact with Gibbs he was her second dad She is now alone (Story line )

Shame on you all bad rubbish writing You have ruined it

No story line No nothing I so loved the programme

Bishop is fine no complaints but they have dumped the show on her very silly for the producers and directors for NCIS it WAS a team and a great programme It is now lost Over and out Jaqui
  • Season 12 - back to basics?

Season 11 hasn't been awesome. Mostly because Bishop has had to be shoved down our throats so violently. I wish they wouldn't act as though she knows everything all the time.

Season 12 could be great though. There are other characters in NCIS besides Bishop. McGee's character desperately needs some character development. He can't be the probie who never gets a scratch and makes lots of mistakes anymore. Honestly his character has been seriously neglected as has some of the others. Denozzo can't be the forty something frat boy anymore either - he needs to grow up as does Abby. Pigtails on a twenty something is one thing but on a forty something? She hasn't changed at all from season 1.

Gibbs has mellowed a little after losing Jenny, Franks and now his dad. He needs someone in his life.

I would like some awesome plots for season 12. I'd like some real character development. I can see room for another addition to the team to partner Denozzo and bring back the banter and fun to the room and I can see a lot of training and character development. I can see Gibbs working on training up DeNozzo as his future replacement as well as a new probie character. I'd love to see Tim get more than a scratch or two for once and be away for a couple of episodes. I'd love to see how the psych damage of a serious injury would affect him. But above all - get the team back to solving interesting crimes.

Anyways that's my wish list for season 12 - has anyone got something else to add?

• Show sinking like the Titanic!

I used to love this show. At least until CDP left. First of all, her departure, even now seems very suspicious to me. It was quite obvious from her last interview that she didn't want to go. The rest of the cast seemed very surprised. And CBS's behavior torwards Cote and her character since then have been downright childish. Seriously, long dead characters at least get mentioned occasionally and the characters on NCIS are acting like Ziva never existed! Not one mention since CDP left. I find this behavior appalling! It's almost as if CBS has a vendetta against CDP for standing her ground in negotiations (seriously, what is the big deal about wanting a one year contract). Both MH and MW got everything they wanted and CBS got their panties in a knot over the length of her contract!? Then hiring a pathetically bad actress to play an equally bad character and not getting rid of her even after tons of fans saying how much they hate the character. Just who is EW related to!? On most other networks, she would have been long gone. The other characters' behavior was changed to make her fit. Sorry, CBS, but nothing you do is going to make her fit. Frankly, both the actress and the character sucks! And pretending there is no problem when there are numerous complaints on social media and a huge drop in ratings from the premiere and the finale (20.02 down to 16.8 with a big drop in the coveted demo), which has only happened 2 other times-seasons 2 and 7 is just plain stupid. Unless CBS wises up, swallows their pride, and asks CDP to come back and gets rid of EW, NCIS is doomed to end up like the Titanic-sinking into the deep. They also owe a big apology to CDP for treating her like crap and to fans for lying about what happened. Fans aren't stupid and the whole thing just seems fishy. I, for one, will no longer watch unless CDP comes back and EW is gone. CBS has struck out at bat. Strike one- letting Cote go. Strike two-treating Cote and her character as persona non grata. Strike three-hiring an inept actress (EW) to play a ridiculous character that just doesn't fit in and keeping her despite fans hatred of the character. You're out!
  • Wake Me After Bishop Leaves

I can't even...
  • pawn - or any man - take bishop please

her first appearance thought she might fit - smart, but ditzy. that soon ended and she is now either a bith or someone with NO personality at all - she grates on my nerves and am about to quit watching the new episodes and just watcch the reruns on USA!

either change her character DRASTICALLY or transfer her somewhere else permanently - but think its too late for a character change. puke. disappointed because i had high hopes for her after her very first intro whe n she was sitting on the floor surrounded by paperwork and so engrossed she wasnt paying attention to anyone then downhill from there.
  • NCIS, where are you?

Where are the head slaps? Where is Abby's Caf Pow!!, where are DiNozzo's movie references, where is Ducky? - what happened to Gibb's dark side? - Where is the interaction (not always favorable) between Gibbs and Leon? - Why didn't DiNozzo's father acknowledge Ziva's absence - why doesn't anyone acknowledge Ziva's absence for that matter - seems like she never existed!! - we can't blame the new agent for all of this mess - she's only an actress playing the part that was written for her!! - the blame is on the writers (do they really know the cast members?) - and producers and casting directors! Please come back, NCIS, we miss you!!!!
  • This show is becoming the Great Depression

My husband and I are 78 years old, him a veteran. We have watched this show since it began and we cannot believe how terrible it has become!

The story arc is horrendous! Bishop is always the hero, Bishop never fails, Bishop, Bishop, Bishop! For the love of God, she is not the only one on the team! What happened to Gibbs? They brought a new silver fox in to stand in his place. Miss the blue-eyed handsome man who wouldn't let a little blonde girl stomp on him.

The whole show was better with Ziva. Ever since she left, it has become the Great Depression! People can't afford to watch the show anymore because it's not worth it. Why waste an hour when there's shows on TV with actual story arcs? Ziva could give the boys on the team a run for their money! My husband would've liked to see her in the army with him!

I do not know where people are getting that she wanted to leave because I purchased the TV Guide article at Walgreens for her departure where she spoke and she said "leaving was not planned"! To me, there seems to be more bitter fans against those who appreciated Ziva and what she brought to the beloved show.

Season twelve will not work out if they keep forcing the blonde on everyone because of CBS and their resentment towards Ziva. Mark better work on Gibbs too! The plastic blow up doll that is now being walked on is not tasteful! Grow a pair, Gibbs!

This show is not the show I once adored.

xMary Rose
  • Would rather shave my eyeballs than watch another minute of bishop...

4.5
    NCIS used to be my favourite show ever. I always looked forward to getting the DVD packages as a christmas present from my parents and I love all the characters and the writing. But as far as Bishop goes I hate her. It's not about her replacing Ziva. It's about how poorly she is written, and how poorly Emily Wickersham plays her. It's awful! I loved Kate and I loved Ziva aswell but this new character does my head in. I loved kate and ziva because teenage girls need more badass assassin women on TV to look up to and admire. Bishop is just a know it all and I can't stand it along with the childish faces and the 'food association' crap and the sitting on the desk... like what are you. Cote de Pablo may have left the show for her own reasons but still even after Sasha Alexander left for HER own reasons, she was still talked about and not avoided as a topic like Ziva is. Not Even Dinozzo Snr. (Robert Wagner) mentioned her when her came to visit. Why are you still continuing with one actresses storyline and mentioning her name whilst you aren't for someone who was with the show a lot longer?

I miss the old NCIS so much. I miss the banter between McGee and Tony. I miss Gibbs walking into the squadroom at the wrong moment. I MISS THE TIVA. I miss the fun Abby. I miss the inappropriate Palmer. I miss the lovely, adorable Ducky. I miss Ziva messing up sayings. And most of all I just missed my abosolute favourite show. Whilst my life had some ups and downs, my favourite shows, NCIS included, all had things that lit up my life.

I haven't watched an episode since the Episode 250 (Dressed to Kill) and I don't think i will bother buying season 11, if Bishop is comes for Season 12 or any ongoing seasons. I can't stand her. What happened to this show? How does one show get ruined by one actress? Just ask Emily Wickersham. How does one show get ruined by one executive producer? Just ask Gary Glasberg.

AND WHY WAS PARSA AFTER ZIVA? I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

In Summary: I don't expect Cote to return but I would love for her too. Just please get rid of Wickersham. She doesn't fit in and she needs to be dealt with ASAP before anymore ratings drop.
  • The Last Season

I don't expect NCIS to last more than one more season. With the introduction of Bishop, the show has become dull. And, it's not just the character, bu the poor writing and directing. The cast seems to be the walking dead - no life, everyone out of character. The "Ah-Ha" moments are mostly Bishops and the rest are just string into emptiness. I would watch pst episodes over and over, but watching commercials are betting than the current episodes.
  • Needs help

I would rather watch reruns with Ziva in them than watch new episodes with the black eyebrows and blonde bimbo. She might do ok in another show but not this one.
  • Another one bites the dust

RIP NCIS - It was my absolute favourite show until they forced a shallow cardboard cut out character on us who in one episode sucked all the life out of it. The black eyebrows, heavy frown and supposedly quirky habits of Bishop had me reaching for the remote - and a bucket! - change channels folks - this one will die a slow and sad death if they don't do something quickly! As soon as she joined the team everyone else it seemed loved her instantly, she had ALL the answers, she even pulls Gibbs' strings - how dim do they think we are? There's an elephant in the room and its name is Ziva - we are not blind! They should at the very least have allowed us time to say get used to her absence- instead of covering her empty spot with a lifeless flat two dimensional character called Bishop. I loved the show for its genuine quirkiness, humour and humanity - now I no longer watch it because it no longer has those same elements. Take Bishop out and they may recover some of the old magic. OMG Paleeeeese do something!
  • ZIVA BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bishop is not the New Ziva know one can take her place. so when are you going to take Bishop out she doesn't fit in and i stop watching NCIS and I watch the reruns of NCIS with Ziva in it. Please take Bishop out Please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I want Ziva Back.
  • Awkward, awkward, awkward!

NCIS has had flavor in the mix until this dreadful season. Please, please, please define a personality for Bishop as it is not fun to watch the black eyebrows and withering bleached hair as a prop. I need some substance to define bishop's character. This is not at all acceptable for the devoted NCIS watchers. . My mother told me to write that she was "damm mad".

• ncis - find someone else

Don't like the new girl. Tried to watch a few times after cody left. She brings nothing to the need a kick-ass female.. I haven't watched it since.
  • Bishop kills the show...

Why investigate when there is a Miracle Child who knows everything? The rest of the team just sitting there waiting for Bishop to tell them where to go and who to saving old reruns to watch on Tuesdays and not interested in new sad....
  • CHECK THE BISHOP

@Get over it already:

Excuse me. But my personal hatred for the Bishop character has NOTHING to do with Ziva's absence. While I would love to have her back, I don't expect she WILL be. This is about BISHOP. The character sucks. Period. And don't get me started on the actress.

I'm certain, if you read through this thread would would disagree with you.

================

@NCIS's smart evolution -

Here's the thing, though. It is true that todays NCIS and NSA is, as you say, "increasingly filled with younger, intelligent tech minded women". What you're not seeing is that Bishop might be young, but she is not a tech minded student. She has done nothing but suck up the oxygen from the other characters by being "better" than them. A tech-minded young woman would not be memorizing autopsy manuals, and giving her opinion on a wound that was the cause of death in one case. In McGee, they HAVE the tech-minded young person. He is, in fact, the anti-DiNozzo. I've said this before, I'll say it again. They need to give Bishop her own niche and let her develop it. She has been created to be the nicest, sweetest of them (too nice and sweet for an agent). Let her be the group's diplomat. There are often situations where a softer touch is needed than what even McGee could muster.

==================

@Everyone: Does anyone know how to find stats on acceptance of "Bishop". I ask because I also joined another board but it's a fan board run by the show I think and it drives me nuts that they won't tolerate any negativity about Bishop and keep saying things like most have accepted her and stuff. I'm not buying it. I'm also looking for a regular NCIS board where I can express my views without being chastised for bashing an actress when all I'm doing is complaining about the crappy character. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

@Stoppedwatching: Don't give up on the show, please. Most of us still love it, even if we can't stand the new character. We certainly don't want to see it cancelled.

@idelphi: I totally agree. One fine example of the sustainability of a show is Law & Order... the original, as well as it's SVU spinoff. Law & Order went on for 20 years I think. In the end it had only one of the original characters left. It held strong with tons of cast changes because the succeeding characters were strong in and of themselves and fit in well. Bishop just doesn't.

That said, can you provide some guidance on how to follow her approval as you do? I'm not doubting you one bit, but I would like to keep up on my own.

@AnnMueller39: Man am I glad you said it. The actress playing Bishop is, in my opinion as well, not good at all. I'm on another board and the moderator keeps saying most people like her. I'm not sure I buy it, but I have no way to gauge it.

@ Teelee: I do get your point. However, your reality is not what they are selling. They are showing what New Orleans is KNOWN by most for. Food, music & the French Quarter. NOLA also has swamps, alligators, horribly poor neighborhoods and the like. They're not going to go there.

=================

Look, I'm sorry. I don't want to see anyone on the unemployment line, but Bishop has to go. Period. Yes, I miss Ziva terribly and hold out hope that Cote de Pablo will see her way clear to returning, but this isn't what this is about.

Bishop is a horrible character. My main complaint is that, until now, each character had their individual strengths, from Ducky to Gibbs. All I've seen from Bishop is a display that puts her above the rest. She'd memorized an autopsy manual, she knew better strategy than Gibbs in finding someone, and seems to rival McGee's computer skills. Finally, she seems to be better at making outside connections than all of them. The only one I haven't seen her outdo is Abby, unless I've forgotten something, but I expect she'd show Abby up, as well. All of this wrapped up in a child-like package. It simply doesn't work. You know who I thought might have worked, that woman we saw that was like a female DiNozzo. I can't recall the episode right now but it was one of the early ones this season.

I'm afraid for the future of the show. I really am. I think Bishop will kill it if they don't act fast. As someone below me said, I'm losing interest in the show and it's all on this character.

Anyway, does anyone have a direct email to the producers that I can vent to?

Thanks.

@fromtop: Just read your post (I'm slow) "A possible new episode, Maybe" ... It was brilliant. BTW, Mike Franks is another character they never should have gotten rid of. He was terrific as a recurring / reappearing friend of Gibbs'. He was a wonderful mentor for Gibbs. Their chemistry was off the charts. I loved the episode where Gibbs called on him to help protect his father. Getting rid of him was a crying shame. What is WITH these people.
  • Get over it already!

Everyone keeps whining and moaning that Bishop sucks and they want Ziva back. Guess what, kiddos? She ain't coming back. She left of her own accord and no one else's. Everyone, and even Cote herself, have said that it was her choice and a personal decision. She knew how much NCIS fans loved her and how disappointed everyone would be if she left. She left anyway. Don't let the door hit ya in the caboose on your way out, sweetcheeks. The world is still turning without her and the show will continue. NCIS was solid this season. Lots of well known and likeable recurring characters and a new team dynamic are keeping it fresh but familiar. Change is GOOD, people! If an actor doesn't want to be there, the character is going to suck. I'd much rather watch someone who is having fun at work, anyway.
CBS