NCIS

Tuesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2003 In Season

lordbowler

NCIS Fan Reviews (1470)

• NCIS still better than 95% of shows on tv

I just finished reading a bunch of reviews for NCIS on this site. I agree that the show was hurt by Ziva's and Tony's characters leaving but it's still better than most shows on tv including the Premium paid channels. Why don't all of you complainers just quit watching and let the rest of us that still love it enjoy it. NCIS has changed, but it's still my favorite show and I hope mean spirited people like you don't cause it to be cancelled.
  • NCIS needs to be laid to rest

NCIS was very good for many years. However, it is no longer. It's really just become boring. Without Tony and his dad popping in every now and again, it's really lost it's charm. Now, we have Ellie and Alex, who are both incredibly boring. Alex is completely expressionless and slurs everything she says. I can hardly watch her. Nick adds very little, also. Even the characters who have been there since the beginning are not adding anything new to the show. They all just seem tired.

The show is no longer entertaining, and it's time to call it quits.
  • Hanging It Up

I've watched every episode of NCIS since Gibbs hired Kate from the Secret Service in episode one. I'm done. Through its peaks and valleys, the show always flowed. With the departure of DiNozzo and addition of Fez and the chick from Spin City, NCIS has no rhythm. Even Gibbs seems excessively boorish. CBS has allowed arguably its flagship program in NCIS to deteriorate from clunky to downright unwatchable.
  • I Was About Family

I have watched NCIS since it was a gleam in JAG's eye. What kept me coming back Tuesday after Tuesday was the father/children dynamic. I especially miss the Gibbs/DiNozzo dynamic and I think Mark Harmon is missing it too, it's like someone let the air out of his balloon. Watch the earlier seasons and watch those two together, it is evident that those two men really got each other, they balanced each other. Sean Murray wasn't a bad addition he balanced Paulie and Brian D. balanced David McCullum. There is not balance now. The cast members just are not as talented as their predecessors. It was Michael Weather's wit and comic timing that kept the show from being overly heavy, and now I'm thinking the set atmosphere as well. None of the new actors seem to be able to do that. Granted the writing isn't as good as in the past, but even if it was the new actors are not as talented as Mr. Weatherly, they can't pull it off. Neither Michael or Cote are coming back, there really isn't any place for them to go especially the DiNozzo character, the writers wrote him into a corner with no reasonable way out. But they could get rid of ALL the new characters and just focus on Gibbs,McGee,Abby,Ducky, and Palmer. If Gibbs has to have a team of three keep Reeves of all the new characters I think his has the most possibilities. The others are just boring. And where is Fornell???? NCIS has lost it's way, hopefully during their hiatus they'll find it again or else they should just sail off on Gibb's boat into the sunset.
  • Time to go

I cannot believe how such a great show has gone downhill. It is time to end it. The biggest problem is all of the side stories of personal life. This trend seems to be infecting NCIS LA and Blue Bloods as well. I tune in to see crimes solved. I really don't care about someone's love life or their family problems.

Emily Wickersham as Bishop was a poor addition but she is wonderful compared to Jennifer Esposito as Quinn. Eposito was simply obnoxious on Blue Bloods where she was finally cut after 3 long years. Now for some unknown reason CBS decides to sign her to NCIS.

I don't get the MI6 character. Adds nothing at all to the show.

Mark Harmon is a wonderful actor but you can tell he is just is now going through the motions.

• Emily Wickersham (Bishop) Must Goooooo!!!!!

I have never written a review before, but I've been such a fan of NCIS from the very beginning, (Gibbs, Tony, Kate, McGee) I have a hard time believing casting believes the charter of Bishop adds to the show. When the charter Kate left, replaced by Ziva, casting was right on. I have googled Wickersham to see if she could possibly be a relative to one of the cast/crew because that is only reason I could find why she was hired on such a great show. Please lose Bisop. She has no chemistry with the cast and I find her actually annoying. I wish her well, but she needs to go.
  • What have the writers done

Look I understand that Michael Weatherly(Tony), Cote de Pablo(Ziva), and many other characters of the past weren't written off for a good stories but rather by the actors request. So I don't blame the writers for that and I don't expect them to bring them back. I want the show to stay to its roots what is this Gibbs doesn't scare the team in a father like way anymore; be doesn't hangup their personal phone calls tell them to do stuff now and set extremely short time limits and what do head slaps seize to exist. Yes I know Dinozzo is gone but Gibbs used to slap McGee to. I could go on forever but the show isn't written as good as it used to be and everyone sees it even Sean Murray(MeGee) and Mark Harmon(Gibbs) are rumored to be considering leaving. I think they should fire Jennifer Espinoza and the British dude but keep torres. Next they need to focus more on the team dynamic rather then the characters individual story.
  • hiding Bishop?

2.5
    Mmmm it seems as if someone on the show wants to protect the poor decision in hiring Emily as the Bishop character by adding so many distracting characters to the show. The problem is not that the Bishop character is bad but that the acting by Emily is so bad. One example is her ending every sentence with a sigh that is annoying and an ineffective acting technique that distracts from the dialogue. Hiring other poor actors is not the way of correcting prior poor decisions. It's time for a complete makeover of cast members. There are many good actors that could bring back the energy that has been lost. No wonder that Gibbs looks so tired!
  • Squadroom Overcrowding!

Lose Bishop, Torres, & Quinn. Reeves is capable of filling the funny/dramatic shoes left by DiNozzo. Hire Eliza Gonzales to fill both the Latin American & the strong female lead voids. Romantic tension with Reeves would be a very attractive possibility.
  • I am so disappointed

I have to say this was my favorite tv show. Until season 14. Please Bring back Tony & Ziva. The show is just not the same without them. Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, Magee, Abby, Ducky, Pharnel, Palmer, & Vance all worked very well together. The new characters are just terrible. I can tolerate Bishop but Tores & Quinn have just got to go. They absolutely do not fit. Please don't cancel the show. Just please bring back Tony & Ziva. They are the missing part of our NCIS family. Please fix this wonderful show.
  • Let the British go!

Get rid of the Brit can't take him I hate to stop watching but am ready too I put up with bishop although she isn't a good fit but now this British guy please stop send him packing.
  • NCIS- such a disappointment

1.5
    Bishop is still a terrible actress and isn't improving, the three new additions are not pulling it off.. the writing is horrible.. WHY ISN'T SOMETHING BEING DONE?? There are talented actors/characters in this show (Abby, McGee, Gibbs, Vance, Ducky, Palmer) that shouldn't have to deal with sub par scripts, and untalented co workers!! Sad, sad, sad
  • It's Really Unfortunate

5.5
    I simply do not understand what you're doing with the cast and, apparently, neither do you.

You seem to repeatedly create tiresome stories and then burden them with tiresome dialogue distributed among a tiresome task. Even Gibbs manages to become tepid at best.

Others will disagree, but I believe the threesome of McGee, Bishop, and Reeves could be made to work, but it will require better scripts that give Bishop substance and transitions McGee from Boy Scout to Agent.
  • What's Up

What's up with the really bad influx of female additions to the NCIS franchise; the blond on NCIS LA, phoney, robotic, forced, a really poor addition. Eric and Nell as agents?!?

The former FBI agent on NCISNOLA, this addition put an end to my watching one of my favorite franchised shows.

Really, really miss Michael Weatherly, and the addition of 3 new agents doesn't help, either with missing his character, as annoying as it could be at times, or as an improvement to the show. I have NEVER missed an NCIS show and now I find I am considering removing it from my watch list ~
  • Cast of Season 14

2.5
    BRING MICHAEL WEATHERLY BACK! Tony was the life of the show. He made the show more family than the new cast does. He fit in better with the cast. I love seasons 1-13 with Tony DiNozzo. You cant spell NCIS without the proper characters!

toNy

mCgee

zIva

gibbS
  • A little accent goes a long way

3.5
    Agree with everybody. Tony and Ziva were the heart of the show with Ziva's mangling English and misunderstanding idioms . The show with them stuck in a container and the one undercover - literally - were a delight.

For those who criticize the accent of Reeves, he was born and raised in Birmingham, UK, so that is his way to speak. I find it more pleasing than the tortured accent of LaSalle in NCIS NO, where you can see his lips trying to embrace the vowels.

It is entertainment, not to be taken too seriously.
  • Down Hill

Use to Love this Show when Tony And Ziva on it!

Once They Both Left Now Way Too Many Actors (Agents) that Add Zero to Show!

Trying to Watch But in Current Form going to Stop watching and Watch reruns on USA!

Too Many New Agents that Bring Zero!
  • Can't watch anymore

I never used to miss an episode of NCIS ( what used to be my favourite programme ), now I don't care. It was bad enough when Ziva left but I eventually came to accept Bishop as the third member of the Gibbs team. These new two members are a waste of space, especially Quinn who seems to be pushing herself to the front, why they let her I don't know, she wasn't even all that good in Blue Bloods, but even Gibbs seems to have taken a back seat. I understand that he has to have three members for his team but why not bring back Clayton Rees (who was in the few episodes of the last series ), he was likeable and would have been a good fit to the cast. The ratings are going fall if the writers don't do anything about it NOW and soon there won't be anymore NCIS.

Just seen the latest episode, what the hell, story line was awful script was awful and once again all about her,and where is Vance these days. Never thought I'd say this but it's time NCIS had its Swan Song.

11th March, 10 episodes in and I keep praying for it to improve but no luck and now it's happening the ratings have started to drop. Quinn MUST go. practically everyone agrees she is the worst and lowering the tone of the programme. Torres hasn't really been given a chance yet, so who knows and Reeves could actually come in as a Ziva type position that instead of Mossad, he could be the liason between NCIS- Interpol / MI6
  • Rethink this cast and new orleans cast as well

1.5
    Jennifer Esposito can stay but get rid of wickersham valderama and Henry. Only watch when nothing else on tv now and this was one of my favorites. New Orleans needs to bring Brody back for sure and can get rid of Shalita grant she over acts and is horrible at it but she can stay if she must but Ferlito has got to go. Worst actress ever. No screen appeal. Can't stand to look at her. Show is ruined now I have only watched a couple this season think it's time to dump this show unless changes are made. Bad decisions on casting!
  • get rid of Jennifer Espisoto - she is horrible

I used to love this show and find it painful to watch now. It's always hard to say goodbye to the faces that have been so enjoyable to watch in the past, but with the addition of Quinn, played by Esposito, I can barely get through an episode. I try and go to the kitchen when she is in a scene, or I take to this website to write a plea to the writers, producers, whomever, to please not renew her contract. She is a weak actor to begin with, and there is no chemistry with the rest of the cast. She never does anything actionable in the story, and she is not convincing in this role. What were they thinking when they hired her? If it was to fill a slot, it didn't work. It backfired and ruined the show. Torres is OK, I think I can get used to him, but Esposito has that blank stare and lack of focus that seems to run contrary to the role she is supposed to be playing. It's like she is not engaged in the role and is just plain lame. She is weakening the entire cast.
  • 2 for 1 isn't a good deal

When you have a small group off people who are all great at there job, and they all get on, throw in a wise cracker, and you have a perfect work place, the banter, the pranks, mickey taking, sarcasm and caring not forgetting they got the job done. That's why we watched and Loved NCIS. Somehow they need to get that back, Tony was a great character who is surely missed so bring him back and while your at it get Ziva too, sorry bishop and Quinn your just too weak Torres is work in progress, and somebody please buy McGee a bag of chips,
  • Ncis- soapbox

Suddenly the writers are sticking in their agendas about deportations, Islam, Guantanamo Bay, and religious unity. Hollywood- the self declared agents of social change. That's ok, though. I'll watch something else from now on.
  • New Faces Are A No Go

5.5
    I love NCIS, but it's hard to watch now. The new cast members aren't good for NCIS. I hope they are replaced soon. I still love Gibbs and the old crew, but just can't do this new. Oh and PLEASE PLEASE replace Jennifer Esposito! She's okay on Blue Bloods but a horrible fit here!
  • Not good

I use to love the NCIS show. Ever since they started the new series it just plan out sucks. We need tony back not two other people

What can I say, i've been an avid fan since the start, right up till the last episode of season 13........ now I'm not so sure, because too much has changed and it has not been for the better.

Out of the two new characters, I don't mind Torres, but I cannot stand Quinn!.

I can't put my finger on any particular reason, I just don't like the character as a whole, her voice, her look. just about everything about her irritates me which is weird, because I have loved pretty much every female character that has ever been in the show.

I have to admit however that Bishop has been a bit of a weak link of late, moreso now that Tony has gone, as I think his antics somehow distracted away from just what a weak character Bishop has become, and she started off with so much promise, something Quinn hasn't.

With Quinn though, I honestly hope they give her a season then kill her off, or send her back to FLETC and if she can take Bishop with her, more the better.

Torres although not great, I can stomach, probably because he is in stark contrast to Dinozzo (who is still a massive loss to the show) which I think is the sensible way to go, he is VERY different but I am hoping they can build on the character as the show moves forwards.

Even McGee and Gibbs seem to be affected as well, lets light a fire under the arses of the writers, and rectify all these problems, because i'd rather see one of the best shows on TV go out on a high, than die in the corner with a whimper because we've all stopped watching.

All I hope is that Michael Weatherly reconsiders and comes back home, hopefully with Cote on his arm..

Oh and that Sean Murray gets fed more than once a week, he looks bloody terrible and desperately in need of a good meal.
  • THE SHOW IS NOW AWFUL

It is now ghastly. The humour has gone. Poor Gibbs looks as though he has been neutered. The British person

lacks sincerity and vocal charm. In fact they all lack sincerity and you cannot believe in the roles they are actually meant to be playing . I am going to stop watching it
  • Bishop is still employeed?

Why was she not fired and then arrested?
  • We're dying out here

The show has taken a steady decline since the days of Jenny and multi episode villains like Jonas Cobb and Harper Dearing. The loss of Ziva hurt and adding Bishop didn't help. But this crew with "Fez" is just ridiculous. The acting is bad, the scripts are boring, there is no meaningful interaction between characters and no major villians to carry as a thread from episode to episode. Lastly, why did they neuter Gibbs ? They need to kill off another character and piss him off. I nominate Bishop and Torres together.
  • What Gives!

I am a hair's breath from chalking NCIS off my watch list. What the heck has happened to the writers. I wasn't a great fan of "Tony" but your additions suck! Plus what is with this touchy feel stuff - where is the old steely blue eyes!!!! The plots have great story potential then get executed so unbelievably that if it weren't so say it would be laughable.
  • Bishop ruined NCIS

2.5
    NCIS used to be one of my favorite shows until Bishop ruined it.
AFNPAC